Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2018, 18:19   #631
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay23 View Post
Is there any way to get the tailgate from the international version and fit it on this?
I suspect there's not enough space in the boot to fit the spare tyre - haven't measured it though. A look at the USA or Australia ecosport side view images on the Ford website shows that the rear bumper on these versions is noticeably longer by about half a foot than the Indian version. These countries do not have the sub-4-meter limit, maybe?
heinrici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 11:55   #632
Senior - BHPian

What is the city and highway mileage for petrol EcoSport? All these days Nexon petrol was on my list but now considering EcoSport Trend/Trend+ as well. Of course need to check on the budget part. Nexon petrol may not give me better than 11-12KMPL in city, is EcoSport petrol any better?
Old 14th November 2018, 14:31   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
What is the city and highway mileage for petrol EcoSport? All these days Nexon petrol was on my list but now considering EcoSport Trend/Trend+ as well. Of course need to check on the budget part. Nexon petrol may not give me better than 11-12KMPL in city, is EcoSport petrol any better?
I have a T+ AT. I get anywhere between 7 and 9km/l in Bangalore depending on prevailing traffic conditions. Out on highways, I manage to get 14, and even 15km/l when driven sedately.
Old 14th November 2018, 14:57   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
I have a T+ AT. I get anywhere between 7 and 9km/l in Bangalore depending on prevailing traffic conditions. Out on highways, I manage to get 14, and even 15km/l when driven sedately.
Similar numbers for my T+ AT. Between 7 and 9 in Pune stop-go traffic with AC on. The most recent highway drive gave me about 12 but that was driven hard. With cruise on 80 kmph I'm not surprised if it gives 15.
Old 14th November 2018, 15:31   #635
BHPian

Pune bhp members,

Has anyone dealt with PPS Ford Pune dealership for sales and service?

In the market for a new car and EcoSport trend+ AT is on radar.

If anyone has dealt with them, please let me know of your experience there.

On further searching, understand they are operating in Bengaluru as well.

Regards
Nikhil

Last edited by nsbhagwat : 14th November 2018 at 15:37. Reason: Added content
Old 14th November 2018, 19:44   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinrici View Post
I suspect there's not enough space in the boot to fit the spare tyre - haven't measured it though. A look at the USA or Australia ecosport side view images on the Ford website shows that the rear bumper on these versions is noticeably longer by about half a foot than the Indian version. These countries do not have the sub-4-meter limit, maybe?

I beg to differ . The bumpers look the same size to me, if 'm not mistaken.
After all, the Ecosport is exported to the USA from chennai.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-india-403591
Old 14th November 2018, 20:05   #637
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay23 View Post
I beg to differ . The bumpers look the same size to me, if 'm not mistaken.
After all, the Ecosport is exported to the USA from chennai.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-india-403591
Actually the length of the Ecosport sold in other markets is 4096mm without the spare tyre vs 3995 for India. So clearly Ford has re engineered the rear bumper and probably to some extent the front as well to keep it under 4m for India. This is true for both the pre and post facelift models.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 10:16   #638
BHPian

Posting the average statistics of the fuel cost/consumption since I brought the vehicle in April (ecosport titanium MT varient) Have been using the app fuelio for logging the details at every refueling.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20181119101245252.jpeg
Dramitn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:13   #639
BHPian

Quote:

Here is the breakup.
  • Ex-showroom 11,35,600
  • Insurance zero dep IDV 10,78,000 24,251
Hi,

Tried to reach out to you via pm, but could not do so. System mentioned some restriction on you to receive messages.

Anyway, my question to you is - from which company did you purchase zero dep insurance? And did they issue it for 1 year or 3 years? Was talking to ICICI Lombard exec and he mentioned it is mandatory to purchase 3 years only, cannot sell for 1 year.

Can you please clarify here?

Thanks

Nikhil.
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:45   #640
BHPian

Hi guys,

We have a recently acquired Titanium AT+ which is primarily used by my wife for in city commute of short distances (with AC). Per the trip meter of the car the mileage is 6.5-6.8 kmpl. This seems to be quite low. I was wondering if there is something that could be weird here and if things will improve post first/second service etc.
Old 22nd November 2018, 13:00   #641
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanaguy19 View Post
Hi guys,

We have a recently acquired Titanium AT+ which is primarily used by my wife for in city commute of short distances (with AC). Per the trip meter of the car the mileage is 6.5-6.8 kmpl. This seems to be quite low. I was wondering if there is something that could be weird here and if things will improve post first/second service etc.
I know of only one person who has an AT ecosport petrol and it returns 9-10 in city runs, I am not sure if that is with AC or not, considering him being a smoker, AC use should be a bit less.

From what I have noticed with Honda City CVT with it's Eco indicator is that throttle inputs need to be extremely gentle for it to return food fuel efficiency.
Old 22nd November 2018, 13:05   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

Hi,

Firstly congratulations on your purchase.

Secondly, yes, the FE is quite low. Driving pattern definitely influences the mileage figures but in city's stop-go traffic this won't be such a huge factor. Don't expect great improvement post first service. My T+ AT returns between 8 and 9kmpl in city. It's on highways the Ecosport really shines. That said, mileage isn't Ecosport's strength.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 14:43   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I know of only one person who has an AT ecosport petrol and it returns 9-10 in city runs, I am not sure if that is with AC or not, considering him being a smoker, AC use should be a bit less.

From what I have noticed with Honda City CVT with it's Eco indicator is that throttle inputs need to be extremely gentle for it to return food fuel efficiency.
I second that. I get 8-9kmpl in Mumbai traffic. After the first service, I've been getting around 12-12.5 kmpl on the Mumbai-pune expressway, with average speeds between 100-120kmph. The car definitely hates spirited driving and sudden bursts of speeds which adversely affect the the overall FE.
Old 22nd November 2018, 16:44   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
from which company did you purchase zero dep insurance? And did they issue it for 1 year or 3 years? Was talking to ICICI Lombard exec and he mentioned it is mandatory to purchase 3 years only, cannot sell for 1 year.
I got the insurance (zero dep) from the dealer. Made him match the quotes I was seeing on policybazaar/coverfox. Got it for 1 year because the 3 year rule came a few weeks after I bought the car. It doesn't matter which end insurance company the dealer gets it from - they normally have tie-ups with a few.

Quote:
Hi guys,
We have a recently acquired Titanium AT+ which is primarily used by my wife for in city commute of short distances (with AC). Per the trip meter of the car the mileage is 6.5-6.8 kmpl.
If driven in heavy stop-go traffic with AC on, I am not surprised. I have seen similar numbers for my Titanium+ AT. Having said that, if the driver is conscious, a very light foot on the accelerator can bump the mileage up by 1-2 kmpl. Couple of factors for the lower mileage here: its a torque converter which is less efficient than a cvt/amt/manual, the car is a lot heavier than hatchbacks, and the engine is a 1.5L compared to 1.2 for hatchbacks.

Last edited by navin : 22nd November 2018 at 16:57.
Old 22nd November 2018, 19:58   #645
BHPian

Quote:
I got the insurance (zero dep) from the dealer. Made him match the quotes I was seeing on policybazaar/coverfox. Got it for 1 year because the 3 year rule came a few weeks after I bought the car. It doesn't matter which end insurance company the dealer gets it from - they normally have tie-ups with a few.

If driven in heavy stop-go traffic with AC on, I am not surprised. I have seen similar numbers for my Titanium+ AT. Having said that, if the driver is conscious, a very light foot on the accelerator can bump the mileage up by 1-2 kmpl. Couple of factors for the lower mileage here: its a torque converter which is less efficient than a cvt/amt/manual, the car is a lot heavier than hatchbacks, and the engine is a 1.5L compared to 1.2 for hatchbacks.

I have just completed 10k kms on my Ti+ AT and can confirm all the above observations. However, as most of us were habituated with a manual transmission prior to graduating to the AT our throttle inputs are unnecessarily harsh. Driving the car with a gentle throttle can yield great results. Here's how I changed my throttle mashing habit -

1. Change the MID display to show the instantaneous FE
2. Accelerate as smoothly as you can. While this may cause some irritation to the drivers around you, it is acceptable in view of the larger picture.
3. Once you have crossed 20 kmph on the speedo, adjust the throttle such that the instantaneous FE readings stay above 15 kmpl. You'll be surprised at how little of an input is required to achieve this.
4. Be aware of the average speed of the road on which you're traveling. For internal city roads, this is anywhere between 30 kmph and 40 kmph and for highways this may be 60 kmph to 80 kmph. These are just my observations, your figures can vary.
5. Once you've reached the designated average speed for that particular road, stop accelerating and only use the throttle to maintain the speed. This will lead to lesser braking and consequently reduce the load on the engine.
6. Wherever possible, switch the engine off on traffic signals.

The above points are not applicable if you're in stop and go traffic. FE numbers are bound to fall. But in such a situation, all vehicles suffer from a drop in FE and it wouldn't be fair to single out the ES.

However, considering that my car runs in Mumbai where almost all types of traffic situations are encountered the above habits have added 0.5 - 1 kmpl to my economy figures. I'll request you to try and report back
anirudh_85 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks