Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2022, 12:26   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

In Indonesia, Suzuki Ertiga Hybrid brings Suzuki to be the only Automotive Company to win an Award at Marketers Editor's Choice Award 2022.

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-ertigaaward.jpg

Quote:
That is from the Marketeers Editor's Choice Award 2022. In the event, Suzuki Ertiga Hybrid won the "Breakthrough Automotive Product of The Year" award. The superior products that won awards at the Marketeers Editor's Choice Award 2022 are the choice of the Marketeers media Editor's Board of Editors for products on the market for the past year.
Quote:
The Marketeers Editor's Choice Award 2022 comes as a form of appreciation to owners of brands that have breakthroughs in marketing creatively, innovatively, and impactfully. Returning in 2022, the Marketeers Editor's Choice Award was held at CGV FX Sudirman on Wednesday, October 12, 2022. The award features 23 brands or companies selected by the Marketeers Board of Editors.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 16:33   #497
BHPian

I'm enquiring 2022 Ertiga ZXI+ MT variant at Bangalore. I enquired at Kataria (Kanakapura Road), Kalyani (Bannerghatta Road) and Mandovi (Gandhi Bazar) and all of them are forcing me to buy Insurance, Accessories and Extended Warranty against my will. I even complained at Maruti Suzuki Bangalore office, but no action so far. Is this normal for Maruti vehicles? I have not been to Maruti showroom for almost 15 years, and this is something odd practice being followed. Can someone help me with contact details to escalate this to Maruti to grab their attention and measures to fix this menace ?
Old 6th December 2022, 18:53   #498
BHPian

Hi,

One feature I felt missed in Ertiga which is present in XL6 is the UV Cut glass. Has anyone enquired if we can replace windows in Ertiga with the UV Cut glass from XL6 or are they of different sizes? I have a Baleno and I feel UV cut glasses are much needed and would prefer to have this in my next car. And as much as I like the XL6, I need a bench middle row, hence leaning towards the Ertiga.

If possible, What would be the cost of these window glasses? Would it even make sense to get the OEM glasses or put a light sunfilm and hope cops dont fine?

Thanks
yaleen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 01:06   #499
BHPian

Finally Got my new Ertiga delivered after 3 months long wait.

I was planning to get the 3M heat-resistant anti-rust coating done on the silencer and the full exhaust pipe, but in the owner's manual, it is written that strictly no type of paint or coating should be done on the silencer/exhaust and related parts, because there is the risk of the paint catching fire due to the high temperatures of these parts.

So, now I am really confused.

Is it that much of a risk?
I have seen many cars with the exhaust system coated with anti-rust paint, and I haven't heard of any such fire issues due to this.

So if I follow the owner's manual and not get the silencer coating done now, will it remain rust-free in the long-run?
Is the metal that Maruti uses to make the silencer, resistant to rust/corrossion now?

How have the other Ertiga users in our forum, handled this issue?
Have you opted for coating the silencer, or have you left it un-coated?
Please give your valuable feedback and suggestions.
Old 30th December 2022, 18:26   #500

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveup View Post
I'm enquiring 2022 Ertiga ZXI+ MT variant at Bangalore. I enquired at Kataria (Kanakapura Road), Kalyani (Bannerghatta Road) and Mandovi (Gandhi Bazar) and all of them are forcing me to buy Insurance, Accessories and Extended Warranty against my will. I even complained at Maruti Suzuki Bangalore office, but no action so far. Is this normal for Maruti vehicles? I have not been to Maruti showroom for almost 15 years, and this is something odd practice being followed. Can someone help me with contact details to escalate this to Maruti to grab their attention and measures to fix this menace ?
Atleast this is not true with Mandovi (Gandhi Bazar / Chamarajpet). Because I have finished a purchase of Ertiga ZXI+ AT there last month with my own choice of insurance and personalized list of accessories. They are flexible in these
RSMM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 15:51   #501

I want to share about fuel economy of New Ertiga 2022 Automatic

I have Pearl White New Ertiga 2022, ZXi+ Automatic, bought in November 2022. Recently I did a lap from Bangalore to Mysore on new express way NH275 (yet to be inaugurated). Prior to this trip, I have verified Fuel consumption as displayed on MID to tank full method. I have observed that MID reading is very close to tank to tank method. Maximum variation I have observed is 1Km difference. During this trip I did tank full with regular Petrol at Indian oil. I did reset the MID before trip start. Here are trip details and picture show MID reading after 125Km completion

1. Persons travelled : 2
2. Boot : fully loaded with 3rd row folded
3. Tyre pressure : All 4 set at 30PSI
4. 95% of trip using Cruise control set at 90Km/h (max on this highway is 100Km/h)
5. 100% time AC on, set at comfortable 25C in Auto mode

Maruti Suzuki claimed mileage for this model is 20.3Km/L
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-img_20230206_122459.jpg
RSMM is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 15:47   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSMM View Post
I want to share about fuel economy of New Ertiga 2022 Automatic
Maruti Suzuki claimed mileage for this model is 20.3Km/L
Attachment 2415562
I mean, wow! How much does it give in normal city traffic? I have 2019 model ZXi Auto petrol and nowadays it give a paltry 9 FE after very careful driving

How do you manage to get such high FE,!
Old 13th February 2023, 15:55   #503

I am using this car since Nov 2022. Worst FE I got so far in mostly city driving is 13Km/L Only 1st service is completed as of now. I think having 6 speed AT is good to get better FE particularly at cruising speeds
RSMM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 01:25   #504
BHPian

Facelift Ertiga ZXI CNG 2022 Initial Ownership & Upgrades:

Facelift Ertiga ZXI CNG 2022 Upgrades:

The unjustified waiting period of 9 months even after pre-booking the car (Nov 2021) before the launch of facelift (15 April 2022) and taking delivery in July 22 of The Ertiga 2022 facelift, I felt like I’ve accomplished the mission of being the first visitor of the SUN (pun intended). Just to sensitize, I was upgrading from my trustworthy Wagon R VXI after 10 yrs.

In this thread, I will try to document all the upgrades, service records and future issues addressed of my 2022 facelift Ertiga ZXI CNG aka TIARA the name given by my beloved daughter. Kindly ignore our middle-class sentiments if anyone feels over the top.

Here are the upgrades:

1. Budget Damping with upgrading JBL components with stock Smart play Studio HU
2. Premium Top Gear Seat Covers with door pads & steering wrap
3. LED Headlights and Fog lights Upgrade
4. Qubo Pro GPS Dashcam
5. Blackpunkt rear camera
6. Floor lamination

There are more upgrades and I’ll keep on adding them over the period of time.

Let’s start:

1. Budget Damping with upgrading JBL components with stock Smart play Studio HU

When the new car honeymoon period got over & after going GaGa over initial ownership experience, found the 1st glitch and that was the poor SQ (sound quality). So considering that I already have Sony Explode amplifier (350w 2 channel) & Sony Explode 12” subwoofer (1200W) from my previous car, next plan was for budget SQ improvement.
According to above available resources, installed the above-mentioned amp & sub and SQ improved a bit on the base front with the cost of carrying detachable sub in the boot. This jugaad felt kind of cumbersome as it already covered 20% of boot space and also SQ was not that top notch which audiophile inside me was approving of (pls don’t forget the word BUDGET).
Here came the need of SQ upgrade with damping.
After much of research, following budget options I could find.

Damping sheet: STP Russia 2mm 10 sheets
Speakers front: JBL Stage 3 607CF 50Wrms 250W PEAK
Speakers Back: Stock as of now
Initially I was bit apprehensive about opening tampering stock HU wirings and door pad opening but the gone ahead with itch of SQ improvement.

Here are the pics during the installation process.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20220730_215840.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-stp-russia-damping-sheets-arrived.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-stp-russia-damping-sheets-arrived-1.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-door-before-damping.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-damping-inside-door.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-damping-d1.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-backdoor-damping.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-backdoor-damping-1.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-stock-speaker.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-stock-speaker-back.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-jbl-speaker-box.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-jbl-speaker.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-jbl-crossover.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-damping-back-door-stock-speakers.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-jbl-speaker-crossover.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-stock-smartplay-studio-hu-opened.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-hu-acc-open.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-backdoor-damping-l2.jpg  

Last edited by yoscenario2000 : 1st March 2023 at 01:53.
yoscenario2000 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 13:06   #505
BHPian

Hi,

Does anyone know if Ertiga has been launched with BS 6.2 and E20 norms? If not, does anyone know if it's planned?
Old 5th April 2023, 13:17   #506
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveup View Post
I enquired at Kataria (Kanakapura Road), Kalyani (Bannerghatta Road) and Mandovi (Gandhi Bazar) and all of them are forcing me to buy Insurance, Accessories and Extended Warranty against my will.
I just picked up a XL6 and none of these were forced on me. Infact, I asked them for extended warranty and they happily obliged with SA repeatedly mentioning that i can buy these from where ever i wish to. He did mentioned that if i choose to go for outside insurance , they will try to match with maruti insurance but final call is mine. Same with accessories.

Regional office won't do anything. Drop a note to their customer care 1800 102 1800. That should do the trick.
Old 20th April 2023, 10:32   #507

Ertiga ZXi Plus which has Smartplay Pro Touch Infotainment system recently got wireless Android Auto update. Get this update from https://www.global-infotainment-syst...ate/index.html and upgrade the infotainment system.

Wireless Android Auto works well preferably if phone meets below conditions
1. Android 11 and above
2. Latest updates of Android Auto installed on phone
3. Phone should support 5GHz Wifi band. This is absolutely important as infotainment system connects to phone only in 5GHz band
RSMM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 16:23   #508
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki To Undertake Service Campaign For 676 Vehicles, Affected Models Include Ertiga And XL6
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-ertiga-xl6-recall.jpg  

yoscenario2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 17:12   #509
Senior - BHPian

4 year 22,000 km update:

- The Pearl Artic White color still holds well, and I think it is a shade brighter than the Vxi models

- Rattles from Window moldings (dealer accessory) have increased as the double sided tape is coming off. Planning to get it corrected.

- Rear window rattles continue.

- The engine has automatic healing properties During rainy seasons or driving in wet conditions, a peculiar high pitched 'krrrr' sound was coming from the engine bay, probably from one of the belts, but I am not so sure. It has disappeared for now as I haven't driven the car in rains this year yet.

Most Important Update:

The battery has started to show signs of weakening. Here is the order in which things were observed.

- When battery/car was new, the auto-start stop function would kick in every time the car stopped at signals (with normal exceptions of AC function or brake pressure build up)

- In the last six months or so, the start stop function would activate mostly when the car was driven for a long time. Say I did a Mumbai- Pune trip, it would start working once I reached signals of Pune. This basically means the battery would charge sufficiently for few hours, then the Auto start stop would start working.

- In last month or so, the car's MID displayed Auto Start Stop unavailable for the most part of my drives. And very rarely activate it at traffic signals.

Do note at all the above instances, the Lithuim Battery would charge while braking or coasting, so the mild hybrid tech was working fine.

Last week, I started the car and the Automatic Start Stop light (Orange colored letter 'A off') started blinking continuously.

This meant the car will no longer activate Automatic start stop as the battery is weak.
Along with this, I noted another thing: The Mild Hybrid system has stopped working too. It is no longer charging the Lithium battery, nor is it providing any assistance and is locked at 2 bars of charge.

Considering my driving patterns, Work from Home and two years lost in lockdown and the crappy quality control of Exide (they had overfilled some cells with acid causing it to leak), I think 4 years of healthy battery is just about OK.

On the flip side, I really enjoyed the drive back home with the Hybrid system not working. Earlier, whenever the car would roll freely, I could feel the drag of the ISG belt and that would decelerate the car to a large extent. Now, with the ISG belt completely disengaged, the car rolls more freely. Similarly, when the mild hybrid would kick in, there was a very slight but noticeable drag when the electric motor stopped assisting the engine. Its all gone now. I wish I could keep the car running like this

Last edited by NiInJa : 2nd May 2023 at 17:25.
NiInJa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 23:27   #510

Hi,
I'm noticing lot of vibration when braking from speeds >70 kmh on my 2021 Ertiga. I asked the service center to check up the brake pads and if there's any oil leakage which they ruled out. They said the abs is also fine when I asked them but the vibrations are quite a lot and felt on the steering and all over the car. Ruled out alignment or balancing issues.

Does anyone face similar issue with braking or have suggestions on what to do? Will it be worthwhile to contact MSIL directly via mail as the car is still under warranty? Please help.
Thanks
Sudarshan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks