Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2020, 09:39   #376
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
This is great. Wish you all the best for your modifications. Would you mind sharing the dealer name?
Thanks, but I may not go ahead with the seat replacement if they confirm the cost of 62k is real.

Its the one located opposite Sai Baba Mandir near Ekya School.
dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 10:52   #377
BHPian

Guys just wanted to share some quick observations, car has now done 7k kms:

1. FE is consistent for city drives at around 14.5kmpl

2. some rattling noise from rear have started to come over really patchy roads, will get that checked next

3. OE GY tyres are pathetic, I have already got multiple punctures and the grip and noise are also ridiculous

4. Lastly the interesting hack, when last I had got the puncture fixed the repair guy must have misunderstood and left all the tyres with 40+psi. I had no time to get it corrected to my preferred 32/33psi, so have been driving around with it for now over 4 days and I have to confess the drive and ride is much better than 30-37psi. I would request some others to try this new hack out as well and report here. The ride is now more comfort oriented like ~Creta and absorbs bad roads much better. Over sharp bumps though it still makes a loud thud, but overall I feel it is the best "tyre pressure-Ride" Ratio that I have experienced so far.

40psi will also be overall better for FE and GC I think although only sightly when compared to 33psi.
AGwagon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 11:08   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Guys just wanted to share some quick observations, car has now done 7k kms:
4. Lastly the interesting hack, when last I had got the puncture fixed the repair guy must have misunderstood and left all the tyres with 40+psi. I had no time to get it corrected to my preferred 32/33psi, so have been driving around with it for now over 4 days and I have to confess the drive and ride is much better than 30-37psi. I would request some others to try this new hack out as well and report here. The ride is now more comfort oriented like ~Creta and absorbs bad roads much better. Over sharp bumps though it still makes a loud thud, but overall I feel it is the best "tyre pressure-Ride" Ratio that I have experienced so far.

40psi will also be overall better for FE and GC I think although only sightly when compared to 33psi.

This is interesting, let me also try. However as far as I remember, most of the test drive vehicles in the showrooms had 40+ psi in all the tyres and many people have reported bumpy ride already due to this I guess. BTW, is this 40ps cold pressure in the morning or after some drive seen in the TPMS display ?

Last edited by Salnv : 30th January 2020 at 11:32. Reason: Typo corrected, More clarity
Old 30th January 2020, 11:13   #379
MSC
BHPian

Both versions of Seltos i.e. petrol and Diesel are BS-6 compliant. Till some time back, even BS-6 vehicles were being marked as BS-4 in their respective registration certificate. This was probably due the registration software not having the BS-6 option.
Can the owners please specify, whether Seltos is registered as BS-6 vehicle or BS-4 vehicle in registration card currently?
Old 30th January 2020, 11:29   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
Both versions of Seltos i.e. petrol and Diesel are BS-6 compliant. Till some time back, even BS-6 vehicles were being marked as BS-4 in their respective registration certificate. This was probably due the registration software not having the BS-6 option.
Can the owners please specify, whether Seltos is registered as BS-6 vehicle or BS-4 vehicle in registration card currently?

Atleast in Bangalore it is BS6 Registered
Salnv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 11:51   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My Seltos diesel was registered on Oct 31st, 2019. The registration card shows it as BS6.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-registration-pic.jpeg
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 14:42   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
This is interesting, let me also try. However as far as I remember, most of the test drive vehicles in the showrooms had 40+ psi in all the tyres and many people have reported bumpy ride already due to this I guess. BTW, is this 40ps cold pressure in the morning or after some drive seen in the TPMS display ?
The test cars and in many cases delivery cars were at 50psi, not 40, which was way off and made the tyres extremely stiff and ride very hard. 40psi has made them quite cushiony

I get 40-43psi during my drives on the TPMS. Try it out and let me know your thoughts?

Quote:
Mine is GGN (HR26) regd and does not say either BS4 or BS6.
AGwagon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 19:30   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Neither is mentioned in my RC. Isn't it supposed to be a uniform format throughout the country or is Gujarat RTO format different?
Old 30th January 2020, 19:35   #384
MSC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
Neither is mentioned in my RC. Isn't it supposed to be a uniform format throughout the country or is Gujarat RTO format different?
It was supposed to be a uniform format for registration certificate as well as driving license as well. I am not sure if it's implemented or not yet.
Registration certificate itself doesn't contains mention of BS-6 or BS-4 status if I am not wrong. It is shown when you see status on vahan software.
MSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 20:19   #385
BHPian

Quote:
It was supposed to be a uniform format for registration certificate as well as driving license as well. I am not sure if it's implemented or not yet.
Registration certificate itself doesn't contains mention of BS-6 or BS-4 status if I am not wrong. It is shown when you see status on vahan software.
Ya it’s not written on RC. I think it will be displayed only online.
sidenzo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 23:36   #386
BHPian

Did 40 psi by mistake yesterday. Surprisingly I'm impressed!
momsonlydriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 07:10   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Did 40 psi by mistake yesterday. Surprisingly I'm impressed!
What does kia recommend?
Old 31st January 2020, 07:11   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Guys - Can you help with recommending a good "waterproof" cover for Seltos?

My dad bought the 1300.00 rupee Kia cover and apparently it's water resistant and not waterproof and the car was wet underneath. So, looking for a waterproof and not water-resistant.

Thx for your time.

Can anyone guide me on this question. Thx.
Old 31st January 2020, 07:58   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
What does kia recommend?
Kia recommends 35. But I asked the guy to fill 35, when i drove the car it showed 40 and the ride was much much better when compared to 32 which i initially used to fill. It felt less harsh and composed.

Can we come up with a DIY fix for seat rattle?
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 09:13   #390
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Can we come up with a DIY fix for seat rattle?
I presume this rattle is at the rear seat backrest mainly, right?!

Cheapest solution I can think of is - wrap the metal bracket in which the seat latches into with insulation tape (not too thick but 3 rounds) so the seat latches firmly and doesn't move over bad/undulated roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks