Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2020, 14:17   #1021
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
What are the safety features that the Creta gains in comparison with the Seltos? I find Seltos' front parking sensors and blind spot monitoring as an edge.
In like to like variants,

ESC,

VSM,

More airbags.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2020, 16:05   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

I've been observing this. When the fuel level nears quarter tank or very low, the level doesn't reflect in the UVO app.
Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200607155732_whatsapp.jpg

Earlier it used to show one red and one white bar (like in the below screen snap shared by my friend for his car) for quarter tank of fuel and a single red bar for low level. It works fine when it's half and above. What could be the issue here?
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200607160758_whatsapp.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 7th June 2020 at 16:12.
Old 8th June 2020, 03:20   #1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaan_singh View Post
Mods - feel free to move the post to a more relevant thread if necessary.

I am in a bit of a dilemma.

In terms of looks and design IMO the Seltos trumps the Creta entirely, I hate the the look of the Creta especially from the rear end, however for the extra 50k, it brings in some really interesting touches like the panoramic sunroof, paddle shifters, an electric parking brake, ESP, Hill hold control and Traction control, there are some more too but these are the ones that matter to me, the electric parking brake purely for aesthetic purposes while all the rest are functional.
Someway or the other every car buyer has a dilemma. Looking at yours its more off a looks vs features. IMO you cleared your own confusion , the extra safety + aesthetic features you are getting on Creta are no brainer to not going for. You cannot retrofit these afterwards , as you said these features do matter to you seals the deal. No point in regretting afterwards if an extra 50k can get you all you wanted. I agree Seltos is a looker and polarising looks of Creta isn't upto taste for many but you'll eventually start to like it , the more you look at it.
Hope it helps.
Old 8th June 2020, 07:12   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Friends,

I've been observing this. When the fuel level nears quarter tank or very low, the level doesn't reflect in the UVO app.
Attachment 2014356
A mobile application can never be accurate especially in providing information regarding your fuel meter. The fuel gauge meter diagram is just approximate values. I find UVO needs updates and fixes (glitchy in nature). I often get the message "Car not locked" which is again a bug.
If you are really concerned about your fuel data from your UVO application. I highly recommend you to check your range that gives better representation of the fuel gauge.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200608070829_uvo.jpg  

Last edited by momsonlydriver : 8th June 2020 at 07:14.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 12:12   #1025
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia Seltos has a near equal split in demand between the Diesel and Petrol variants.

Quote:
the breakdown in terms of percentage would be 49 per cent sales for the petrol models and 51 per cent sales for the diesel one
Quote:
the highest sales were brought in by the HTX, HTX+, GTX, GTX+ trims, which are the top-of-the-line trim levels

Link
Old 8th June 2020, 17:20   #1026
BHPian

New GTX+ gets the black color interior.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-fb_img_1591616948288.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-fb_img_1591616950520.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-fb_img_1591616952812.jpg  

momsonlydriver is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 21:03   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Theja Reddy for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I have found pictures of the updated KIA Seltos HTK+ in one Youtube video.

Many people are interested to see the glossy black dashboard and silver finish near gear console with Leather stitching for Gear Knob.

Adding few more pictures of rear dual exhaust setup, rear USB charger and passenger side view of the dashboard.
Kia Seltos : Official Review-seltos-1.png

Kia Seltos : Official Review-seltos-2.png

Kia Seltos : Official Review-seltos-3.png

Kia Seltos : Official Review-seltos-4.png

Kia Seltos : Official Review-seltos-5.png

Last edited by ChiragM : 8th June 2020 at 21:10.
ChiragM is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 15:02   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Kia rolls out big update to the UVO Connect app

Quote:
Kia’s UVO Connect is a companion application to Kia’s UVO in-car software, offering connected car functionality for users. While it was on-par with the competition in terms of functionality, the new update puts it among the best connected car solutions out there. The update focuses on improving the accuracy and reliability of the in-car navigation system, while also adding a bunch of new features to improve the overall usability of the app. It is important to note that this update is currently for Europe, but we may see a release for more markets soon.

Navigation

One of the most important updates to the UVO Connect app is more accurate traffic prediction. The maps will use the car’s onboard internet connection to get real-time traffic updates, while also using historical data to make more accurate predictions. When you do get to your destination, the augmented navigation feature allows users to continue navigation on their smartphones after they have parked their cars. This is useful if you have parked away from your actual destination. The app sends a notification to the user’s phone if the destination is between 200 metres to 2 kilometres away from where the ignition has been turned off. The ‘AR Guidance’ feature aims to make on-foot directions easier by using the phone’s camera and overlaying turn-by-turn directional arrows.

Functionality

While better navigation is the core focus of the update, a range of new features also increase the usability of the UVO Connect software. For starters, users now have the ability to switch profiles. In case the car is used by multiple people, they can switch user profiles via the app which can change a range of settings based on that user’s preference including navigation, radio and Bluetooth preferences. The new ‘Valet Parking Mode’ allows users to track the car’s location in real time and also prevents someone else from seeing personal information stored on your car such as navigation history.Kia Live Services will utilise different service providers to get better information on various things like weather forecasts, locations for fuel pumps and EV charging points, instead of relying solely on their own systems.

While these ‘Phase II’ features will be rolled out only for Kia’s models in Europe in the coming months, judging by the popularity of the brand in our country and the fact that both the Seltos and the Carnivalare equipped with the UVO Connect software, we may see an update for our market soon too.
Source : Evo India

https://www.evoindia.com/top-news/ki...ity-to-uvo-app
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 20:22   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Kia rolls out big update to the UVO Connect
Imo it still won't be a patch on Gmaps and while this is appreciated, not sure if it will ever be used in good numbers. .

Is there some India patch rolled out? My uvo remote lock and unlock has repeatedly been failing as is the pairing and in the past I have discovered a patch is the cause.
Old 11th June 2020, 07:13   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Imo it still won't be a patch on Gmaps and while this is appreciated, not sure if it will ever be used in good numbers. .

Is there some India patch rolled out? My uvo remote lock and unlock has repeatedly been failing as is the pairing and in the past I have discovered a patch is the cause.
Yes the inbuilt nav isn't reliable and has limitations. Most of them prefer Gmaps. Off late, trusting the G blindly can land you in soup too.

I use inbuilt maps mostly during long highway drives where I largely know the route. It helps me in having the turn-by-turn navigation on the MID. The live traffic update is poor and the ETA is always on the higher side. To counter this, I use an i phone simultaneously for better traffic updates. When in doubt, I fall back on Gmaps via android auto which is always the first choice while chartering unknown territories. We can't have android auto and inbuilt nav running at the same time. It would've been great if both worked at the same time in split screen- the reason why i've to use an i phone4 which sits perfectly in the space right of the infotainment screen as seen in the pic. A magnet is used to stick it, so no hassles and blind spots one would get with phone mount.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200611070825_whatsapp.jpg

Coming back to your queries, I haven't heard anything yet on the India roll-out. We can safely presume it must in the pipe line.

And UVO is quite a dodgy app with lot of bugs and the server connectivity is an iffy too, 2 out of 10 times you may have one issue or the other. You're experiencing one such thing. Few posts above, I have indicated about the fuel level not being fed into the app correctly. My friend has just shared a different concern where his odo reading is reflecting as cumulative distance covered for May under My Trips in UVO app. Hope it'll get better with updates.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200611070849_whatsapp.jpg

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 11th June 2020 at 07:27.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 07:30   #1031
BHPian

I had asked in Facebook if the new "Hello Kia" update can be applied to existing Kia cars. The owners have asked the service stations and the answer is a 'No.' Any clue if there is a hardware upgrade in the new models?
Old 11th June 2020, 11:58   #1032
BHPian

Planning to pickup a Seltos. Drove the Petrol IVT and the Diesel TC AT. Waiting for Kia Sales Person to bring the DCT, after which I want to make a decision. I have seen a lot of talk on the unreliable nature of the DCT and wanted to get an opinion.

I am someone who has 75% City drive (I am in Bengaluru) and 25% on highway, occasional weekend trips (100-200 kms) and drive to hometown (about 750 kms one way) once or twice in a year. I do about 12-15K a year. My view is that this does not warrant a Diesel car. But the issues with the DCT is worrying as I am someone who does not like problems with my car and the fact that last 7 years my Duster has been impeccable has increased the expectation further.

I would have picked the IVT, but somehow I felt the car was not very refined and overall felt too light for my taste. This is where I liked the Diesel. I felt it was more refined than the Petrol IVT even. Waiting for the DCT TD, should happen today or tomorrow.

Now to the questions.

1. What are the chances that the DCT issues can be sorted out via Software updates (AutoCar India says so)?
2. For someone who wants a non-nonsense car and drives 90% of the time sedately, is DCT really that much of an advantage ?

Last edited by shabash : 11th June 2020 at 12:00.
shabash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 12:53   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
Planning to pickup a Seltos. Drove the Petrol IVT and the Diesel TC AT. Waiting for Kia Sales Person to bring the DCT, after which I want to make a decision. I have seen a lot of talk on the unreliable nature of the DCT and wanted to get an opinion.
If long term reliability is your priority, look no further than the GT D-AT. Its not as powerful as the Petrol Turbo DCT nor as swift in outright performance, but major advantage here is that they're both priced the same. There is no difference in their petrol GT and diesel GT line up.

Any petrol head will stay away from the iVT model, just for lack of driving character. If you want the GT line, you as such can't pick the iVT.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 13:14   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post

I am someone who has 75% City drive (I am in Bengaluru) and 25% on highway,

I would have picked the IVT, but somehow I felt the car was not very refined and overall felt too light for my taste. This is where I liked the Diesel. I felt it was more refined than the Petrol IVT even.

Now to the questions.
1. What are the chances that the DCT issues can be sorted out via Software updates (AutoCar India says so)?
2. For someone who wants a non-nonsense car and drives 90% of the time sedately, is DCT really that much of an advantage ?
DCT is the sportier one among all the Seltos offerings. But the city drivability isn't something which you like owing to the high torque at the low end, especially in slow moving traffic. Long term reliability of DCT is also something you may have to factor in since a lion's share of your driving is going to be in the chock-a-block traffic of Bangalore.

Since your drive is 75% in city and that you didn't like IVT, TC diesel is your next best bet. Diesel AT is quite refined and you can be at peace with the long term reliability of the box. I own one and am extremely happy with it.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 11th June 2020 at 13:17.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 13:19   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Diesel AT is quite refined and you can be at peace with the long term reliability of the box. I own one and am extremely happy with it
I think I am sold on the Diesel AT. Will drive the DCT just to experience it anyways. But looks like Diesel TC AT it is for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks