Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2020, 19:25   #256
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Can you also share pics of the alloys?

Also one more question to all those who have driven the Harrier Automatic - Is the size of the dead pedal adequate?

Last edited by Garth : 5th October 2020 at 19:28. Reason: Missed out on one question
Old 5th October 2020, 21:48   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Also one more question to all those who have driven the Harrier Automatic - Is the size of the dead pedal adequate?
It isn't.

My shoe size is 7. Still the length of the dead pedal was inadequate for me. Toes were out. If we wear shoes, this should not be a problem. But I always wear chappal, so it irked me.
pseudo_coder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 22:32   #258
BHPian

Quote:

Length - Ok, my shoe size is UK 8
Width - Not great, it could have been better
Placement and position - Poor ergonomics, my knee rubs against the dashboard. Yet to find a good driving position.
amandeepkamboj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 05:27   #259
BHPian

Quote:

My shoe size is UK 8 . I find no problem with size . In my case ergonomics is good (5’6”) . I completed enough long trips ( 15hrs is the maximum and no pains , no discomfort as such )
greyhound82 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 11:22   #260
BHPian

I took another TD of the Harrier AT (2 hours, maybe 40-50 kms). Took it to the NICE road in Bangalore to check the high speed manners and also test the steering wheel sensitivity that others have pointed out. I personally didn't feel the steering to be too sensitive at triple digit speeds (only for testing purpose) and the high speed manners and braking also seemed good. While the Harrier masks the speeds well, coming from a hatchback you are aware that you are driving such a big vehicle, guess it will take some getting used to for having a confident drive.

The left leg touching the dashboard is something that TML could have improved in the upgraded version however it wasn't uncomfortable for a deal breaker for me. Neither was the size of the dead pedal a deal breaker for me. Everything was working fine on my TD car.

What is bothering me is this - during and after driving both the times, I did get a feeling of slight rocking/moving similar to what you get on a boat. I wouldn't call it motion sickness but it was a similar feeling. I didn't get this when I drove other cars (Crysta, Compass, Tucson) recently. Could it be because of this particular TD car (I drove the same car both the times) or is it something to do with the suspension set-up of Harrier? Has anyone else felt this? Would also appreciate some advise on how can I eliminate this concern. For me, now this is the only point that I need to get convinced about before making the booking.

PS: Has anyone used carbon black alloys on Telesto Grey or Sparkle Cocoa Harrier? If yes, pls share the pics.

Last edited by rags.singh : 6th October 2020 at 11:29. Reason: Added the question about alloy color
rags.singh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 12:38   #261
Senior - BHPian

Sometimes, cars with long wheelbases and comfort oriented suspension can give a feeling of being 'disconnected from front to rear. Not sure if that happened in the Harrier, but it did happen to me and my father once when we were testing out the Mobilio. On a decent stretch of the Pune Blr highway (when it was in much better shape), my father got that disconnect feeling between the front and the rear, as you would between two railway coaches through the vestibule.
Needless to say, we didn't go for the car.
Old 6th October 2020, 12:59   #262
BHPian

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags.singh View Post
I took another TD of the Harrier AT (2 hours, maybe 40-50 kms). Took it to the NICE road...
... I wouldn't call it motion sickness but it was a similar feeling. I didn't get this when I drove other cars (Crysta, Compass, Tucson) recently.

One quick point - NICE road is very bumpy at speeds. But if the other vehicles were driven on the same circuit and didn't give you that feeling, then it must be the Harrier, or that particular TD car.
carrerastrax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 14:18   #263

Quote:
I took another TD of the Harrier AT (2 hours, maybe 40-50 kms). Took it to the NICE road in Bangalore to check the high speed manners and also test the steering wheel sensitivity that others have pointed out.
Great! Which Showroom in Bangalore did you visit? I recently got delivery from Prerna Motors, happy to help if you need any inputs.
Which variant are you zeroing in on?
Old 6th October 2020, 14:32   #264
BHPian

Quote:
What is bothering me is this - during and after driving both the times, I did get a feeling of slight rocking/moving similar to what you get on a boat. I wouldn't call it motion sickness but it was a similar feeling. I didn't get this when I drove other cars (Crysta, Compass, Tucson) recently. Could it be because of this particular TD car (I drove the same car both the times) or is it something to do with the suspension set-up of Harrier? Has anyone else felt this? Would also appreciate some advise on how can I eliminate this concern. For me, now this is the only point that I need to get convinced about before making the booking.
For me it’s very well planted at high speeds (120 -140 ) . Even stable at High speed manoeuvres .

Last edited by greyhound82 : 6th October 2020 at 14:34.
Old 6th October 2020, 14:38   #265

[quote=rags.singh;4901717]

[quote=amandeepkamboj;4901160]Price details:-

Boot Mat Autoform - 1800/-
Neck rest with memory foam by Autoform - 1300/-
Autoform 7D mats - 6900/- (ordered, waiting for delivery)

Please share some images of the boot mat & floor mats (with links if possible). Thank you!
Old 6th October 2020, 14:43   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Sometimes, cars with long wheelbases and comfort oriented suspension can give a feeling of being 'disconnected from front to rear. Not sure if that happened in the Harrier, but it did happen to me and my father once when we were testing out the Mobilio. On a decent stretch of the Pune Blr highway (when it was in much better shape), my father got that disconnect feeling between the front and the rear, as you would between two railway coaches through the vestibule.
Needless to say, we didn't go for the car.
I'm not sure if its because of the wheelbase. Innova's wheelbase is longer than Harrier but didn't get such a feeling there. And this happened not just when I was sitting in the rear seat, but even when I was sitting in the front passenger seat or even driving! So really not sure what the issue is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerastrax View Post
One quick point - NICE road is very bumpy at speeds. But if the other vehicles were driven on the same circuit and didn't give you that feeling, then it must be the Harrier, or that particular TD car.
Other vehicles were not tested on the NICE road. But even when I drove Harrier for the first time inside the city, I got a similar feeling. I'll have to find a different Harrier for TD now to check if the issue is restricted to that particular TD car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephnishanth View Post
Great! Which Showroom in Bangalore did you visit? I recently got delivery from Prerna Motors, happy to help if you need any inputs.
Which variant are you zeroing in on?
I'm in touch with KHT Motors Whitefield. I will most likely go for XZA+ variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
For me it’s very well planted at high speeds (120 -140 ) . Even stable at High speed manoeuvres .
I don't have an issue with the high speed stability, its more to do with the boat like feeling which is surprising because everyone (including the TBHP review) praises the ride quality of Harrier.
Old 6th October 2020, 17:39   #267
BHPian

I would like to share my experience with the Tata dealership in Chennai as currently, I am in the process of buying one more car (currently owning Gen-II swift VDi). Initially, I was a little hesitant to go with TATA cars due to difficulties experienced by prospective customer's in buying a new TATA cars (How hard is it to buy a Tata Tiago?), complaints related to after-sales service, and overall customer satisfaction.

After considering the various options from available cars that are meeting our requirements, we liked the overall design, available space, engine power, transmission, handling and road presence of 'Tata Harrier automatic: 2020'. More importantly, it is also meeting our budget, and hence we decided to move ahead and contacted three TATA dealerships in Chennai viz. Gurudev Motors, Tafe Access and Lakshmi Motors.

Communication with dealership: Gurudev Motors sales manager called me promptly and linked with the SA. This SA contacted me once and assured me to provide details about the vehicle, on-road price & discounts. I waited for their response, but the information was not shared, and nobody followed up.
The other two dealerships (Tafe Access and Lakshmi Motors) SA are very prompt in responding to my queries. Out of these two dealerships, Tafe Access is a bit hesitant to send their TD vehicle to my home, whereas Lakshmi Motors SA offered to send the car to my place, which I was not expecting from TATA dealership. It is essential to mention that the one side distance from the dealership to my home is ~ 50 km.

TD of the vehicle: The TD vehicle (XZA+ red color dual-tone) has a good road presence. The dashboard altogether gives a very premium feel.
The ride quality was outstanding, especially on rough roads. Driven with one side tires on side pavement (made up of bricks on ECR between Chennai and Pondicherry) at different speeds, and to our surprise, there was no significant difference between driving fully on-road and one side on side pavement.

The absence of rear disc breaks is disappointing, but the overall braking performance is satisfactory. With sports mode, it is very responsive and full of power. The cabin noise increases in sports mode as compared to city and economy mode.

I personally don't felt the steering wheel to be hard at lower speeds and also found no issue of sensitivity at higher speeds.

The presence of a panoramic sunroof is very attractive to my kids. Also, a music system with a subwoofer has performed exceptionally well at high volumes.

A lot of space is available for all passengers, which makes the ride comfortable. Doors have plenty of space and partitions that can be very handy to store items.

The smooth transmission and good stability (this may be due to the OMEGA architecture it inherited from Land Rover) make it one of the best cars in its segment.

Cons.

Felt significant vibrations on the steering wheel once you engage the gear lever in drive mode.

Heard a sound every time whenever pressing brake pedal lightly.

The OVRM adjustment knob is far away from the reach of normal sitting posture while driving.

Missing electric parking brake (EPB) that can be very convenient in city drives.

Another thing which I don't like was the plastic material of the horn pad and doors. The material looks a bit cheap & hard and does not go well with its interior.

Overall, I observed a significant improvement in TATA's dealership customer service (still there is a massive possibility of improvement). I am satisfied with the dealership follow-up, support, and service. In view of engine performance & transmission, drive quality, road presence and value for money, I am currently in the final stage of negotiations with the dealer towards booking the XZA+ (Dark Edition).

Last edited by KSingh : 6th October 2020 at 18:00. Reason: typo errors
KSingh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 19:25   #268
Senior - BHPian

Tata has made the Harrier Dark Edition affordable by offering them in the mid-spec XT and XT+ variants. Tata Harrier XT and XT+ Dark Edition priced at Rs 16.50 lakh and Rs 17.30 lakh respectively. Both cost Rs 10,000 more than their corresponding variants.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-smartselect_20201006192221_chrome.jpg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-smartselect_20201006192232_chrome.jpg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-smartselect_20201006192239_chrome.jpg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-smartselect_20201006192254_chrome.jpg

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...ctively/39969/

Last edited by Venkatesh : 6th October 2020 at 19:29.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 21:25   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSingh View Post
I would like to share my experience with the Tata dealership in Chennai as currently, I am in the process of buying one more car (currently owning Gen-II swift VDi). Initially, I was a little hesitant to go with TATA cars due to difficulties experienced by prospective customer's in buying a new TATA cars (How hard is it to buy a Tata Tiago?), complaints related to after-sales service, and overall customer satisfaction.

I am also on the same boat in Chennai. Checked with Taffe, Gurudev and Lakshmi and all of them were eager to send a TD to home. Gurudev SA appeared bit unprofessional than others, but they were all keen to pursues with follow up calls. But the price they quoted for my Ecosport was much lower than what I expected. So I just postponed my purchase by a month or so.

Last edited by GTO : 7th October 2020 at 09:21. Reason: Long quote fixed. Please do not quote big posts, truncate them
Old 6th October 2020, 21:40   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

A detailed look at the new XT+ Dark Edition of the Tata Harrier by Auto Trend TV.

RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks