Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2022, 00:13   #3556
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit_ View Post
Thanks for the insight Ravi! Super helpful. I actually remember reading your review on your Thar! I was going through a lot of the ownership reviews once I got mine home The anti rust is a really good idea, I'll keep what you said in mind while talking to the installers and have everything sorted.

We actually got the new model, I think we just got lucky getting the color we wanted. It doesn't have one of the USB ports and some of the controls like HDC have been moved to the center console. The bumpers were actually all black but we had them painted grey by the dealer. I can attest to that since during delivery I noticed they actually missed a spot and the original black could be seen. Although weirdly we don't get the new Mahindra logo on the steering wheel.

I'm loving the Thar so far but I'm not going to lie, there are moments when I look at the AFE and wish we went with the Diesel. What kind of mileage are you getting now?
Haha understandable. I did that for a good 9 months while I waited for my thar. Every night was just review after review

Oh that's amazing. Sorry for the assumption. I recently had 2 friends who got the older model in the last month and they didn't know.

Oh yes. I have thought the same. But the DPF issue and low usage is what stopped me from buying the diesel. I know quite a few people who went through hell with DPF. So apart from that momentary thought I love the power on the petrol and mine being manual it's super duper fun. On the brighter side of things, the petrol manual is the fastest one so that's a consolation I guess. I'm in bombay and in the city my tank to tank is around 7kmpl and this is with me going super light on the throttle. Highway runs it goes up to 10kmpl. I am hoping it gets better with time. 9kmpl in the city would be my dream haha
ravishankr89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 12:24   #3557

Re: My New 2022 Thar LX Petrol AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
I’m glad you mention the BLD, a device whose time was long overdue. I had mentioned this (when the term BLD was not on the horizon yet) in an earlier post in a thread on 4WD/AWD applications (“Driving all 4 wheels: how is it done?" by SS-Traveller, posts 357……373…….385…). I remember cribbing about the dominance of mechanical diffs (the open type with its various progeny & the torsen, epycyclic, etc) and the heavy power consumption of some of these, particularly the torsens. It should have been a simple matter for software/hydraulic controlled selective braking to be applied to the slipping wheel in an open differential to allow torque transfer to the other wheel. The real need of the hour of course was the importance of real time application. Delay in brake application would reduce the efficacy of the system. This is where the Torsen scored over the others - it is the only one which doesn't need any external input (hydraulic, electrical or mechanical) and also the only one that functions in real time. And I am really happy that Mahindra has finally done the needful by installing the BLD.
Torsen (Type A) has to be one of the best types of Limited Slip Differentials out there. One who invented this has to be one true genius of a person! However, Torsens’s Achilles heel is what happens when one of the wheels bites thin air. Then you have to left-foot brake and all. Moreover, as you said, the low efficiency that comes with this type of diff is also an important consideration when it comes to cars like Thar.

If the calibration of the BLD system is good, which by the way is ensured by a good amount of testing by the Car Manufacturer, BLD can be an excellent low-cost option in place of a locking diff even. I’m in no way trying to say the BLD is the best, BLD cannot divert 100% torque as in the case of a true locker diff. With an open diff equipped with BLD, when one of the wheels loose traction totally, BLD actuation can only divert a maximum 50% of the input torque to the high traction wheel (theoretically). This is half what a true locker is capable of.

The BLD works using the ESP unit, these things must be pretty fast. Not instantaneous like Torsens per se, but fast enough (unlike the Eaton M-Locker which takes sizable time and speed difference to lock). I have no clue on how much speed difference it takes for BLDs to kick in and I reckon it depends on how the manufacturer has tuned it. Performance of this tech is further degraded by wrong ESP computer parameters or inherent design limitations of that particular vehicle. Okay, I can be wrong here but it seems to be the case.

In Thar, BLD is an economical choice and also, with BLD, they could easily keep it as an optional feature (the AX variant doesn’t get BLD). M&M has also managed to get the combination pretty much right with the (more robust and truer) Eaton M-Locker at the rear and BLD at the front. None of these adding any parasitic drag affecting fuel efficiency when on tarmac roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
The other interesting point you mention is the Thar’s crawl ability in 4L, which is indeed stupendous. I think it is only bettered by the Jeep Rubicon, which has a standard crawl ratio of 84:1, compared to the Thar’s 42:1.
It is a pity that Thar Owner’s Manual doesn’t have these numbers. I had to do a small experiment to find out. Drove the car at 1500RPM in first gear in 4L and 4H and took the ratio of the vehicle speeds. But I landed up with a 2.5ish 4L to 4H ratio rather than 2.8 as mentioned in my earlier post. I was not sure of the correctness of my simple experiment since I had no way of knowing whether the torque converter lockup clutch would close (so that engine and wheels are rigidly coupled) at 1500RPM in first gear. Now, with your figure of 43:1 (effective drive ratio) also evaluating to a similar 4L:4H number, I think my experiment was not totally bonkers.
arunpools is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 19:36   #3558
BANNED

Re: My New 2022 Thar LX Petrol AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunpools View Post
Torsen (Type A) has to be one of the best types of Limited Slip Differentials out there. One who invented this has to be one true genius of a person! However, Torsens’s Achilles heel is what happens when one of the wheels bites thin air. Then you have to left-foot brake and all. Moreover, as you said.......... Now, with your figure of 43:1 (effective drive ratio) also evaluating to a similar 4L:4H number, I think my experiment was not totally bonkers.
Regarding the torsen diffs I'm fully in tune with you. In fact the more I delved into the workings the more amazed I felt at the mind (an American, Vernon Gleasman) that had come up with the principle of this device. I must confess that I had been an Anglophile/Europhile at the time & was convinced that only a continental mind (Italian preferably!) could have come up with this elegant princile! I'm older & wiser today, and accept the endless variety of the human condition!

Which brings to mind Toyota's epicyclic CVT which they have used with success in several of their hybrid SUVs (including the hybrid RAV4). Professor John Kelly's video brings out the mind-boggling complexity of the device, but leaves unanswered the question about who's seminal idea this was.

Last edited by shashanka : 8th October 2022 at 19:39.
Old 10th October 2022, 10:19   #3559
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

A few thoughts from an average Joe New Mahindra Thar Petrol AT HT owner. 20 months down the line.

I moved to petrol vehicles completely in the end of 2019. That marked the end of Diesel in my garage.

My running is really very low and I have a few vehicles to choose from. I can manage to do perhaps 15000-18000 kms per annum across all these vehicles, no more than that.

Therefore, I believe that Petrol is perfectly fine for me. I now use the AT Petrol Thar. I booked it on Day 1, October 2nd 2020 and specifically requested delivery by March 2021. I got it in Feb 2021.

Having driven my Thar to multiple places in Southern India including rocks and grasslands and slushy places and hills and seaside and jungles and rivers and all, I find the Petrol and its torque and top-end more than adequate. Thats why I find the MStallion to be a genuinely lovely engine.

While it isn’t the greatest in Fuel Efficiency, it still gives me an unparalleled thrill with its ‘whoosh’ under acceleration. It inspires me with an incredible sense of confidence with its indestructible demeanour, on the frightful roads of Bangalore and indeed anywhere else as well.

With the AVO Suspension upgrade and the addition of Aluminium Underbody Armour from Arka and the big Hella 700FF Fog lamps, the vehicle feels even stronger.

Yes, a lot of people may find fault with my having put the Jeep Wrangler grille and some decals, but thats ok - these things fulfill my own happiness quotient.

I am no longer into that heavy duty off roading and getting my vehicle all mucky and slushy and being a he-man. I have been there and done enough of that and more from my teens up until my mid 30’s. Good fun though, remembering some of the off road and slush and swamp drive stuff of long ago.

Am not really aspiring to do a Kanyakumari-Kashmir run in my own Thar and nor am I really inclined to drive across the unknown, the empty quarter of the Sahara or the Namibian Deserts or to the virgin snows of the Himalayas in it.

The Thar, for me, is just a plain standard daily driver - a Grand Tourer vehicle for two persons or three persons, plus luggage, in which I can fearlessly go anywhere, at anytime, in relative comfort and which has the basic modern conveniences that I need.

More importantly, it is a vehicle which can be serviced easily and whose parts are available nearby. Its a tough Indian Mahindra vehicle after all and thats why I bought it.

The three door version is simple and yet brilliant with its short chassis and negligible overhangs and really good approach and departure angles and all. While Im waiting to see what the 5 door version brings, I think the real cult vehicle will always remain, the 3 door Thar.

The service experience has been great. The folks at Sireesh in Bangalore are really helpful. Ive done 16800 kms now but I have finished the 20K Kms service.

Without putting too fine a point on it, it is my much loved ‘Desi’ substitute for the original All American Jeep Wrangler that I cannot afford to buy. But then, Im getting around 80% of the useable stuff the Wrangler offers, at 20% of the price.

So it will be churlish to complain too much.

That said, this Thar is here to stay and continue to allow me to Explore the Impossible, in my own small way. As long as our Lords in power allow us to continue to enjoy Fossil Fuelled vehicles!

More Power to Mahindra is what I say!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-f278568ab4014b1f98b0ad106e048035.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-b2b897a56eef46ec9c6f2f27027be4f4.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-267618217053453aa5a63c634204e6e5.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-44c3b1dc1b7444cfa1be05eb6b91fbe3.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-746a42ed894241aca945efd11582e021.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-8ab933d2dffe4a6ba5fecff2310dbb07.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-38a186afbedd4e038ffda0fbb11c94c0.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-f8f7bffc83b240ceac4ee36a14d2385a.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-421ffce3b259450081addfb22b705cf9.jpeg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 10th October 2022 at 10:25. Reason: Spelling
shankar.balan is offline   (55) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 20:29   #3560

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravishankr89 View Post
Haha understandable. I did that for a good 9 months while I waited for my thar.
====
Highway runs it goes up to 10kmpl. I am hoping it gets better with time. 9kmpl in the city would be my dream haha
Ah well, your friends are lucky in a sense cause I feel the older model is better for the price. The placement of the HDC, Traction controls on the center console feels like a negative cause I sometimes turn it on/off when I change gears, along with the lack of lumbar support, 2 USB ports, and dual tone bumpers makes the older model a better deal IMO.

Haha I get what you mean, it's super fun just zipping through roads here in Kerala. The drive just feels so smooth compared to our noisy diesel Crysta at any speed. Yup the DPF issue and the low usage is why we went with the diesel too. Honestly if we did have high usage, I'd have voted for the Diesel, I feel like it just fits better for the Thar's character. 7 kmpl in Bombay traffic is respectable for the Thar, mine just hit 450 KMs and it's giving us 8 now in the city. But yes 9 would be the sweet spot
mohit_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 22:02   #3561

Dear All,

This is my first post on Team BHP and thanks to the moderators for approving my membership.

Have bought my THAR (LX HT AT D Mystic copper) on 3rd of June 2022 from Sireesh Auto Bangalore after 10 months of waiting period.

Was looking for a unique color and thanks to 84.monsoon for various pictures of his Thar which helped me in finalizing the mystic copper color.

Have driven so far 5300 kms and i would focus in this post on some of the issues i am facing and need your expert advice.

Issue #1: Humming noise from rear.
This noise starts around 40 km/h speed and is more audible around 80+ km/h speeds.
After multiple test drives by Sireesh Auto service center folks, they narrowed down it comes from Differential unit.
They dis-assembled the differential unit and identified some marks in the bearings which could cause this humming noise (not sure and no reason was given on how this can happen in brand new vehicle)

They agreed to replace the complete differential unit under warranty as the vehicle has run very less kms and they do not want to take a chance by just changing the bearings.
Part was received and have left my car in service center today (10th Oct). Will keep you posted once the unit is changed.

Please let me know if anyone else is facing this issue

Issue #2: Floor Heating on driver side
Have read about this issue in the forum. Service center folks showed me in Manual versions there is heat insulation provided underneath, while and it is not provided in AT version.
Not sure why though and this is causing heat to enter inside while driving in slow speeds and traffic conditions.
But the Occurrence is very random, sometimes it comes in bumper to bumper traffic condition in Bangalore and have experienced this during highway drives and also on hill stations.

I don't have any customized under body protection cover and my AC knob is always in cool position

Issue #3: Bluetooth and Android auto disconnection
Think this is a common problem. Sometimes when connected on Android auto screen goes blank.
Usually i turn off and restart the vehicle and it gets connected. Is the problem fixed in newer version of software updates?

Issue #4: Neck pain while driving
I get neck pain within 15 to 20 mins of drive. I never had this problem in driving my Renault duster for 9 to 10 hours in single day.
Have tried various seat positions / height adjustments but could not figure out a solution for this.

Other observations:
1. Ecosense option not enabled: As per service center this is only applicable for manual version
2. Even after removing the key, USD port power supply is still ON
3. Rear door rattling noise
4. Some areas of the Steering wheel started discoloration / fading

On top of all these issue i still find some reason to take out the THAR for a spin . I really love the high seating position, smoothness of AT gear box and ease of driving in Bangalore traffic and the attention the vehicle gets.

Some pictures of my THAR
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-1.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-2.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-3.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-5.jpg  

TheRainmaster is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 00:16   #3562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainmaster View Post
Have bought my THAR (LX HT AT D Mystic copper)
Congratulations Sir! and Welcome to the forum.

Quote:
This noise starts around 40 km/h speed and is more audible around 80+ km/h speeds. Narrowed down it comes from Differential unit. They identified some marks in the bearings which could cause this humming noise.They agreed to replace the complete differential unit under warranty

Please let me know if anyone else is facing this issue
This is the first time I'm reading about this issue. Can you post any audio/video clip if you have? It'd help a lot of members in identifying whether they have this issue or not. Also they'd get to know the solution.

Quote:
Issue #2: Floor Heating on driver side
Same issue. Mine is January 2022 manufactured and it is erratic. Please keep us posted if you find any solution.

Quote:
Issue #3: Bluetooth and Android auto disconnection
Same issue. It reduced to a great extent after changing cable but it still exists.

Quote:
Even after removing the key, USB port power supply is still ON
I guess it is for sometime only. I'm not sure how long it is powered after locking, but it goes off after some time. Noticed this after I left my phone connected.

Quote:
Rear door rattling noise
Yes. It is erratic too. Audible at higher speeds. It's probably the flap in trunk which causes this.

Quote:
Some areas of the Steering wheel started discoloration / fading
I thought I was the only one with this issue. Please see this post #3353 (Mahindra Thar : Official Review).
If this is how steering looks, please push for warranty replacement because this is not normal.

Also, have you experienced any sound from driver side roof (tak-tak) after it stands under direct sun for some time?

One more thing, have you experienced fog on your windscreen even after AC is in ON position irrespective of temperature set?

Last edited by batish : 11th October 2022 at 00:18.
batish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 12:28   #3563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainmaster View Post

This noise starts around 40 km/h speed and is more audible around 80+ km/h speeds.
After multiple test drives by Sireesh Auto service center folks, they narrowed down it comes from Differential unit.
They dis-assembled the differential unit and identified some marks in the bearings which could cause this humming noise (not sure and no reason was given on how this can happen in brand new vehicle)
Hey, I had this issue too, ASS said that some bearing in the differential was rubbing against the casing. They found small pieces of metal in the differential fluid too. The unit was replaced free of cost for me too, my vehicle had done about 16k kms when this happened. I asked at the service and a few folks outside, they said this sort of thing has happened in cars with a solid axle and its completely random and unpredictable, not much we users can do to avoid it.
Turbolove is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 14:24   #3564
BHPian

Today, randomly DPF Clogged error popped up on MID for about a second and then vanished. Came back and checked the previous warnings on MID, found nothing. Why can't Mahindra just show how the levels on MID as to how much is it clogged.

These random warnings which don't even stay or can be located later on are nothing but nuisance.

This is the what MID looked like after the drive.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20221011_1400587.jpg

MAHINDRA, PLEASE UPDATE MID TO SHOW CURRENT DPF STATUS.

If MID option is not possible, then update it to show the status on infotainment screen but please do something about it keeping previous owners in mind. Please.

Last edited by batish : 11th October 2022 at 14:26.
batish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 16:03   #3565

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
This is the first time I'm reading about this issue. Can you post any audio/video clip if you have?
Yes, have this issue as well. My Thar is May 2022 manufactured, and looks M&M has not fixed any of the major issues but increased the Price and also removed some features

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbolove View Post
Hey, I had this issue too, ASS said that some bearing in the differential was rubbing against the casing.
Thanks, Turbolove for your timely and immediate response. I was really worried as I have not read about this issue in any of the forums.
They did not find any metal pieces in the differential oil, could be because I did not drive much after noticing this issue.
Should be getting my vehicle today or tomorrow, will keep posted about this issue.

Mod Note - Please use MultiQuote and quote only the relevant portion. Please proofread before posting.

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th October 2022 at 16:37. Reason: Back to Back POsts mereged. Trimmed Quoted post.
Old 12th October 2022, 15:42   #3566
BHPian

I'll just put this here - they decided to change the diff bearings.
The reason quoted was that of 'lower friction bearings.'

Coincidence? I don't believe so

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-20220712_133406.jpg
wooka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 01:39   #3567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit_ View Post
Ah well, your friends are lucky in a sense cause I feel the older model is better for the price. The placement of the HDC, Traction controls on the center console feels like a negative cause I sometimes turn it on/off when I change gears, along with the lack of lumbar support, 2 USB ports, and dual tone bumpers makes the older model a better deal IMO.

Haha I get what you mean, it's super fun just zipping through roads here in Kerala. The drive just feels so smooth compared to our noisy diesel Crysta at any speed. Yup the DPF issue and the low usage is why we went with the diesel too. Honestly if we did have high usage, I'd have voted for the Diesel, I feel like it just fits better for the Thar's character. 7 kmpl in Bombay traffic is respectable for the Thar, mine just hit 450 KMs and it's giving us 8 now in the city. But yes 9 would be the sweet spot
Aah yes. Sometimes even I hit those buttons by mistake but I somehow still prefer them in the centre.. On the right I couldn't see them as clearly. The lumbar support is definitely something I miss. Really was disappointed to know mine did not have it. Even checked if it can be put but the dealer said no.

Are you getting 8kmpl on the AFE or have you done a tank to tank calculation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
With the AVO Suspension upgrade and the addition of Aluminium Underbody Armour from Arka and the big Hella 700FF Fog lamps, the vehicle feels even stronger.
Loved reading your post shankar.balan! Nice photos too!

Can you please give me details on the AVO suspension upgrade?
- How different is the ride quality? (most important question)
- any major changes made to fit them on?
- cost?
- is your warranty void after the upgrade?
- are you happy with the upgrade?

Do the Hella lamps improve overall visibility considering the stock headlights aren't very powerful?

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th October 2022 at 04:57. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 13th October 2022, 05:23   #3568
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravishankr89 View Post
Loved reading your post shankar.balan! Nice photos too!

Can you please give me details on the AVO suspension upgrade?
- How different is the ride quality? (most important question)
- any major changes made to fit them on?
- cost?
- is your warranty void after the upgrade?
- are you happy with the upgrade?

Do the Hella lamps improve overall visibility considering the stock headlights aren't very powerful?
Thanks!
Ive actually covered all of these exact points elsewhere on the forum. But here you go again.

AVO Suspension: (This was done quite soon after buying the vehicle)
It is a straight fit. Remove the existing shocks and put on the new ones. The rear coil springs will also be changed. The set comprises 4 dampers/ shock absorbers and 2 coil springs. Now this may cost around 1.2-1.3 lac give or take and can be done at Mahindra Adventures in Singasandra near Sireesh Auto. No problem with warranty. Massive improvement in ride and handling. No more side to side swaying, no more pitching and nose diving under braking, vehicle handles those long highway curves much better and feels much more comfortable over bumps and speed breakers and much more composed over rumble strips. Each damper can be manually adjusted by simply turning the knob for softness or firmness.
I am very happy with this upgrade. To me, this is a necessary investment towards far greater comfort and handling.

Aluminium Underbody Protection plates and rock sliders/ steel steps: (done immediately after buying the car)
This is a necessary upgrade as per my estimation. It gives a great deal of peace of mind when traversing rocks and grasslands by protecting the under bits of the vehicle. This may now cost 40K for the underbody armour and another 24K for the side steps/ rock sliders and can be done by the Mahindra Adventures guys.

Headlamps: (I did this soon after purchasing the vehicle)
Im using Philips H4 Extreme Vision G Force 55W 12V Halogens. These are a straight swap if the OEM headlamps and can be bought on Amazon for Rs 1700 the pair. The fitment is a simple DIY. The light from these is superb. Halogens are always better than LEDs especially in rain and mist and I speak from long experience. See the throw in the pictures attached. Powerful headlamps are absolutely necessary.

Hella 700FF Foglamps: (done in July this year along with Jeep Wrangler grille and a swap out/ change of the OEM bumper mounted fog lamps as well)
These Hellas are solid lamps. They are big and hence proportionate to the Thar. They look good. And they are highly functional because they give out yellow light which is always helpful in mist and fog.
So now, if I switch on the upgraded headlamps and bunper integrated foglamps AND the Hella’s they are together extremely powerful. But these to be used together in this way ONLY in conditions of deep mist and fog and/ or very heavy rains, else they can seriously irritate oncoming traffic and thats not a nice thing to do. I drive frequently to the hills. Hence a set of good foglamps are a must. The Hellas cost about 7500 and the mounting bracket costs about 2500 etc.

As Ive said before, I am partial to making functional upgrades whose benefits are evident on a daily basis.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-f4bd29673f49436aaa9124c6030c4964.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-39b8c6ea6d814dba99d2ec1dff735fbc.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-ac14881fc752431399e892c1c3f3108b.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-19720574c7e0498fac086330f0141712.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-1c30c17c4d344ee6ac298b6d979572e5.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-a2050d78ab304d29b9fd78213f7035d0.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-e32b0636981743dd98f2ec26c7a31c81.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-5eac3a78f81d442fb348d52ad6fe1963.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-463608afb16c41a285cbd13d4826b832.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-c822cb846314405c80870bd6860bc2b4.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-09ce213143c445e18f521bf20dfaa380.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-8f5fee48786442d6a5f55fe46e69a9af.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-43c7b628595d4f2288c0e1ef7ff6c90a.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-74a814abdeb14679a1925ed257cfb20e.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-7cda2b077a4a4cf2bf06d99635cd1a07.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-11935b7af7054dffa463f916cfbc87bd.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-4dfd086f9ab6466ba906e805dd3f8f66.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-442836cfa2f74e2a9ac4f6c5133c938b.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-e7a59591ac7c446793a8a2ed0f6cc7e5.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-1c14fe2e954941d6a49b53f1d7b057c6.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-689e635e56da42ccbb1b83e4e49d273f.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-63c78ca10cef4f5584e79ad16f559109.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-e8e3b63714f7439188cf039431018284.jpeg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 13th October 2022 at 05:37.
shankar.balan is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 09:55   #3569
Senior - BHPian

Hey Folks
I have a query. I have a 2019 model Audi Q3 and I am getting a good resale value of the car. I usually keep car for around 5 years only but the deal breaker price is making me swayed to sell it early. I had previously owned the old Mahindra Thar and sold off in a jiffy but the new one looks compelling.

Can you please suggest if i should sell the Audi and buy Thar or keep it for end of 5 years. This will not be my primary vehicle only.
Old 13th October 2022, 10:48   #3570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Hey Folks
I have a query. I have a 2019 model Audi Q3 and I am getting a good resale value of the car. I usually keep car for around 5 years only but the deal breaker price is making me swayed to sell it early. I had previously owned the old Mahindra Thar and sold off in a jiffy but the new one looks compelling.

Can you please suggest if i should sell the Audi and buy Thar or keep it for end of 5 years. This will not be my primary vehicle only.
As this the new Thar will not be your primary vehicle, I'd decouple the selling of Q3 from the decision of buying it - if you think you're good to let go of the Q3, price is right, then proceed accordingly.

The new Thar is eons ahead of the previous one, it's definitely a lot more liveable for 1 to 2 people even as a daily runner. The suspension, though much improved from the old Thar, still has body roll that can be difficult to accept - and the AVO suspension replacement solves for it by a large extent. Do a good test drive from a dealership, and maybe borrow someone's Thar who's done the suspension upgrade to decide for yourself and the use-case you foresee for it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks