Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2022, 21:11   #3646
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
True that. I got this in my Thar couple of week back and running at 13 front and 15 rear as advised by fellow bhpian @navpreet318 and Thar actually is running like a Car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
No more swaying.
No more nose diving.
No more sharp pitching.
No more wobbling.
Guys can you share the seller details. If you all recommend it that's my next investment for my Thar. Also do you mind sharing the price?

Any plans on brake upgrades?
13thpsycho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 12:34   #3647
BHPian

Mod Note -

Please share details on the thread instead of PM. Remember, a PM helps only one member but the thread is visible to all readers.

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th November 2022 at 20:49. Reason: Removing reference of PM
Old 6th November 2022, 09:50   #3648

Bad delivery experience.
Had scheduled Thar delivery on 5th Nov 2022. We all with family were, Waiting so eagerly. It was 7.30pm still we had that energy to wait for it. When it finally arrived, Really shocked to see these.
1. Paint marks
2. Starch on infotainment
2. Rear reflector stuck inside bumper.
3. Water condensation in your headlight.

Note: During PDI, the car spotless.

Attaching the pictures.
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20221105_202359.jpg
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20221105_202401.jpg
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20221105_202414.jpg
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20221105_203442.jpg
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20221105_204300.jpg
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20221105_205337.jpg

Did not take the delivery after this and dealer promised to make it spotless as it was in during PDI. But Spoiled the delivery experience .
innov8eve is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 11:32   #3649

Hi, quick update here. Just took delivery of my new Thar yesterday from NBS Mahindra! I made the booking mid-July and actually wanted Rocky Beige, but since they've withdrawn the colour, I picked Napoli Black a couple of weeks ago. I have the Napoli Black LX Petrol AT and it's the new one with the new M logo, a single UBB port, no lumbar support, etc. Will add all details in my review.

I took it straight to a Bimbra partner here in Mumbai with whom I'd already discussed a few mods for several weeks. Thanks here to @shankar.balan and others for a lot of advice given. Will put down a full review later but here's a few things that I definitely noticed on the first 2 hr drive from Marine Drive to the workshop at Andheri. There's definitely a fair bit of nose-diving in start-stop traffic and some swaying as well. Might have been augmented for me considering my other drive experience is the CLA. Very palpable also that this is a fuel guzzler! The AC works great but is pretty loud even at 1 (again, I'm perhaps spoilt by the Mercedes-Benz experience).

Some of the notable additions I am making: the Model M bumper, the 7 slot grill in matte black, Model G rock sliders, the 4x4 stepney lock, fogs, swapping the stock bulbs for the Philips G Force 55W (thanks again to folks here for the tip) and not getting LED headlamps, fuel tank protector and underbody protection, Maxxis 980 AT 285/60R18, the Arc Suspension Kit (new version) and a couple of other minor add-ons.

I will have a detailed review (as best as I can!) with pics and prices along with contact details in Bombay where I'm getting this done.
pointsize is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 12:37   #3650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointsize View Post
There's definitely a fair bit of nose-diving in start-stop traffic and some swaying as well. Might have been augmented for me considering my other drive experience is the CLA. Very palpable also that this is a fuel guzzler! The AC works great but is pretty loud even at 1 (again, I'm perhaps spoilt by the Mercedes-Benz experience).
Sir - Please. Let's not compare Thar with Merc . Huge injustice to both the brands! if you are following Shankar posts, you must have read about AVO suspension. Just get that and most of the swaying and nose diving will be gone.
alokk0912 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 12:40   #3651

Quote:
Sir - Please. Let's not compare Thar with Merc . Huge injustice to both the brands! if you are following Shankar posts, you must have read about AVO suspension. Just get that and most of the swaying and nose diving will be gone.
Totally agree Alok! Very unfair comparison, which is why I only said my experience was probably augmented because of it
pointsize is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 09:17   #3652
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13thpsycho View Post
Here are the seats with folding armrests and improved under thigh support.
1. Thanks for the detailed + helpful post! Are your folding armrests as comfy as the ones in the old Scorpio?

2. Also, any reviews of the Bimbra armrest?

3. Which bumper have you got? FRP? Or metal? I am keen on a bumper swap, but don't want to affect the airbag functionality, hence more keen on FRP.

Quote:
Signing off with one of my favorite clicks
I L-O-V-E your LED headlamps. Guess you also got brighter LED lights on the fenders, and foglamps?

What is the best source for these if quality (not price) is a priority?

Quote:
I have said this before and will say it again. AVO is excellent. Ive installed it well over a year and more ago and it has proven to be an excellent investment in comfort and handling.
Quote:
True that. I got this in my Thar couple of week back and running at 13 front and 15 rear as advised by fellow bhpian @navpreet318 and Thar actually is running like a Car.
Thanks for the review, guys! Ordering the AVO suspension today. First time in my life, I've ordered a suspension before even getting the car!

Quote:
Mod Note -

Please share details on the thread instead of PM. Remember, a PM helps only one member but the thread is visible to all readers.
Bud, please share full details here so it helps others. A PM helps one person, a public post helps thousands (if not lakhs) of readers .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointsize View Post
Hi, quick update here. Just took delivery of my new Thar yesterday from NBS Mahindra!
Congrats! Me too getting my Red Convertible Petrol AT from NBS. Being a Mahindra-owned dealership makes the dealing so fuss-free.

Quote:
I took it straight to a Bimbra partner here in Mumbai with whom I'd already discussed a few mods for several weeks
Share the pictures please. From all the part suppliers, we have found Bimbra to be the most responsive & organised.

Quote:
Arc Suspension Kit
Would suggest going for the AVO, especially with so many BHPians attesting to it (including .anshuman).
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 09:44   #3653
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

3. Which bumper have you got? FRP? Or metal? I am keen on a bumper swap, but don't want to affect the airbag functionality, hence more keen on FRP.

I L-O-V-E your LED headlamps. Guess you also got brighter LED lights on the fenders, and foglamps?

Thanks for the review, guys! Ordering the AVO suspension today. First time in my life, I've ordered a suspension before even getting the car!
Am glad you are considering FRP Bumpers in your upgrade. The Bimbra product looks and feels the best to me, though Ive stayed with the stock bumpers.

I have shared info and feedback on LED headlamps. Honestly, while they look cool, they arent helpful at all in driving rain and/or mist.

AVO - you wont regret it. I believe they must be priced around 1.25 lacs now or so because of the exchange rates and all. As an early adopter I was lucky to have an advantage because the rates were lower then. Once you fit these, try them at different settings to see what suits your use case best.

All the best with your Thar!
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 11:31   #3654

Quote:

2. Also, any reviews of the Bimbra armrest?

Congrats on your convertible GTO!! NBS really made life very easy for me.

On the Bimbra armrest, it looks sturdy and doesn't have a PU padded top, which is good because they wear out. It's got a slightly cushioned but firm rubberised top. Will post pics in detail once I get everything installed. The FRP bumper is best for exactly the reasons you've stated. It looks tough and is also LineX coated so stays in good shape. After reading @shankar.balan's posts and many other reviews, I have gone with a just a bulb swap and not LED headlamps. As @shankar.balan said, I have found LEDs not very effective in mist, fog and rain. The ones I got are the same wattage so there's just a straight swap without any relays or rewiring. More details coming up...mine is at ppf stage right now and I should have it fully fitted on Friday.
pointsize is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 11:41   #3655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13thpsycho View Post
Guys can you share the seller details. If you all recommend it that's my next investment for my Thar. Also do you mind sharing the price?

Any plans on brake upgrades?
You can contact them using the contact details on their website.

You can connect with Vinay Thomas (+91 96111 30954) who's the contact in Bangalore and can put you in right contact in your area/region for the upgrade.

I've got the suspension upgraded to AVO UK at 10k kms, before I started my trip to Zanskar/Ladakh earlier this year. I've found it to be very useful. There are a couple of reasons why I paid slightly higher for these ones over other options in the market. Although its not a racing we are discussing here, I consider suspensions to be one of the most critical parts when it comes to control/handling of the vehicle. I thought I already wrote my brief review about it on this thread but if not, I shall try and add my experience about it soon. All the best!

Last edited by Ketan : 8th November 2022 at 11:42.
Ketan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 12:20   #3656
BHPian

Quote:
Azad charges Rs 5500/-
I would not dispense with the Bungee cord. It will work as a restraint at least.
Called up Azad 4x4 Delhi one and surprisingly they don't do this here.

I thought if they're doing it there they must be doing it here too but nope.
Old 9th November 2022, 04:33   #3657

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Called up Azad 4x4 Delhi one and surprisingly they don't do this here.

I thought if they're doing it there they must be doing it here too but nope.
Guys please dont go for bumper upgrade from Azad 4*4 as it is very inferior quality wise even though it looks great. I ordered a seven slot grill Wr1 Body color with Black Billets which had cost me 12,500.00 and it has not even been 8 month and the paint is starting to crack all over and it looks ugly now. To be honest i have not got in touch with them for the same as i really doubt that they would replace it. This is the picture of my Thar on their FB page https://www.facebook.com/azad4x4/pho...85952464926231 i regret purchasing it and probably might go back to my stock grill.
I also have purchased door cladding from them which is of much better quality and looks really nice.
AjitSen6333 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 11:32   #3658
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, attaching the accessory brochure & pricelist. What all are the "must-have" accessories to get from the dealership? Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Thar (W501) Accessories Catalogue_V2.9.pdf (7.23 MB, 336 views)
File Type: xlsx Thar new price list...xlsx (22.5 KB, 344 views)
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 13:34   #3659
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, attaching the accessory brochure & pricelist. What all are the "must-have" accessories to get from the dealership? Thanks.
Must have - nothing but if you want a little bit comfort then rear view camera. Rest of the things you can get from outside. Other accessories are not worth the price.

Since yours is a convertible sound deadening and other noise reduction won't make much difference but even then get the stock speakers changed. Stock ones are pathetic.

Rest are cosmetic things whose taste varies person to person.
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 13:42   #3660
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
As listed in my earlier post. Get the following from and fitted by Mahindra Accessories.
1. Rear tail gate tray table
2. Rain visors above the front window frames
3. Reversing camera
4. Front park distance sensors
5. White Footwell lamps
All else can be done after-market.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks