Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2021, 13:55   #391
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Does anyone know if automatic 4x4 / AWD is even on the cards? If so, any time horizon?

Is it even possible with the much appreciated Hyundai A/T or will it have to resort to the awful ZF 9er from the Compass?

Mods or anyone else who can shed some light please on this?

Thank you.
At the launch event(the Jan one) TML stated that the platform is capable of a 4wd/AWD. They also stated that they will build one only if there is sufficient demand. Given that a 4wd/AWD will need them to change the rear suspension from the current twist blade to an independent unit apart from integrating a 4wd which would require extensive testing. GKN driveline makes the Compass' AWD and also on the Disco sport and also claim their systems are very modular and flexible so I assume the hardware is available and can be integrated.

If they think demand is high enough I estimate at least a 1-2 year timeframe for a 4wd version. So iIMHO the earliest would be a 2022 timeline unless of course they are planning another surprise.
nainan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 14:08   #392
Senior - BHPian

Safari has been launched at a good time. Only other launch which has been gaining attention is Kiger, which is in a different segment. Delay in launch of XUV500 should be a great advantage to Tata and should cash in. Hope they sort out deliveries and gain customers confidence before XUV plays spoilsport.
PrideRed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 14:32   #393
BHPian

The Adventure Edition in that Byron blue like colour does show off it's LR pedigree from many angles especially with the carefully black tinted glasses in the advert. The colour does look classy and so off mainstream and very European tones typical of LR shades.

However, the Tropical Mist colour of the Adventure Persona is nothing new and was always intended as the launch colour of the Gravitas. Sharing the offical Tata gravitas ad from a year ago. This was also the colour of the model showcased in Auto Show.

The blue and bling both came later with the Safari name.

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 23rd February 2021 at 14:37.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 14:37   #394
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari A/T: Review & S.W.O.T. Analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aansh singhania View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Is it just me or the music seems inspired by/reminds of Game of Thrones music.
aashishnb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 14:44   #395
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari A/T: Review & S.W.O.T. Analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashishnb View Post
Is it just me or the music seems inspired by/reminds of Game of Thrones music.
I completely agree it sounded as if they hired Ramin djawadi for this project ...highly unlikely though. By the way they have cut down the duration of the 3 minute TVC of the safari and released a 1 minute TVC. I guess this one would make the cut for the tv channels across the country
aansh singhania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 17:01   #396
BHPian

Re: All-new Tata Safari launched at Rs. 14.69 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wow, wow, wow! The ~1 lakh rupee premium is totally worth it . We earlier had a discussion on the forum and a few of us were fine even with a 1.5 lakh rupee premium. Heck, those 3rd row of seats alone are worth 1 lakh to me in utility. The additional features & showing off the "Safari" badge are added bonuses.
Considering the present discounts on Harrier the difference comes out to be around ~ 2L. Is it worth spending 2L more on the Safari when I don't have a real requirement of a 7 seater. I would have loved the EPB, Connected Car & Rear discs on the Harrier but I am unable to convince myself to pay 2L for these features. All said and done, even If at all I start considering the Safari for the above feature additions, My mind will start convincing me to wait for the upcoming XUV which would have all these features and some more.

Also, I couldn't locate the ARAI fuel efficiency figures, but the Safari with 115Kgs more will surely have a lower number than that of Harrier. The BHP/Ton and the Nm/Ton also is favorable for harrier at 98 and 204 for the Harrier against the 92 & 192 for Safari respectively.

PS - I am a Sedan guy and currently drive a Skoda Rapid DSG which has clocked 1Lac KM+. I am only considering the Harrier as there are no good sedans which would be an upgrade. I didn't like the Seltos & Creta and Compass is way over priced I feel. Of the other upcoming cars, C5 Aircross would be priced in Compass territory hence ruled out. However I am little confused as to should I wait for the Kushaq. It would be size smaller than Harrier (hence no real feeling of upgrade) however it would be feature loaded, have great driving dynamics and little cheaper as well.

Last edited by MadAbtCars : 23rd February 2021 at 17:12.
MadAbtCars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 17:15   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy_007 View Post
How many colors is Tata Safari 2021 available in?
It's available in 4 colours Orcus White , Daytona grey , Royale blue and the Frozen mist. Attaching a picture from the official brochure.
Name:  Screenshot_202102231711502.png
Views: 4526
Size:  340.9 KB

I thought that the Frozen mist was only adventure persona exclusive but it looks like it is available in the normal safari too.
aansh singhania is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 17:44   #398
BHPian

Loveeee the ‘mist blue’ shade. What a cracker of a color. Love the alloys on the persona adventure edition too.

Just something about the brand Safari, that this launch feels exiting. Like we are witnessing a rebirth of the ‘Safari’.

The ad is good. I did not connect with it instantly but it kinda grew on me.

Tata is on to big things!
Elito11 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 18:34   #399
Senior - BHPian

Here is a comparison by Evo India between the Safari and the Harrier. Should help those who are finding it difficult as to which product to choose.

ram87pune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 18:59   #400
BHPian

White looks the best out of all the colour options, in my opinion. Blue also looks good, the other two are okay.

Overall I think Harrier still looks better. It just looks more balanced than the Safari. The front fascia of this is so curvy and aerodynamic, the windshield roof area almost looks like it came from a chop Shop, like in NFS , but as it comes to the back it's suddenly all angular and vertical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
First look of the XM variant via the imaginator link .https://imaginator.tatamotors.com/safari/
I'm actually digging those rims, to be honest, for some reason. Just makes the car look a whole lot more butch.

If I had to pick, I'd probably pick these wheels for even the top end variant, and then paint it black. Cool looking rims + noticeably improved ride quality = happier person

Last edited by SaiSW : 23rd February 2021 at 19:03.
SaiSW is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 19:18   #401
BHPian

Check out how the blue colour looks in daylight.
damodar is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 20:10   #402
Team-BHP Support

Drove the Safari automatic today and came back mighty impressed. A lots been said about the usual virtues so I am going to limit this post to some smaller stuff that I noticed and found unusual or didn’t realise from other reviews or had read about but still feel inclined to mention anyway.

In no particular order but as my memory serves, here goes:

1. MID display looks ok. Nothing special. Looks a bit ordinary I felt but I don’t know what its direct comparison is like.
2. Seats are nice quality. Leather is quite comfortable.
3. Some of the plastics look a little rougher than I would have liked.
4. The tiptronic is really quite crude. On multiple occasions it simply rejected my manual gear change and honestly the changes weren’t that out of line. Fortunately the engine gearbox mating is lovely and I doubt I would have to use the tiptronic much.
5. There is a massively annoying and loud announcement every time you flick the gear shift between regular mode and sports mode. I found it really weird.
6. The steering wheel is HARD at dead slow speeds. I mean, this is the hardest steering I have used in many years now at parking speeds.
7. The engine initially felt gruff to me but I quickly got used to it and if you find the zone to throttle in it feels smoother than initially. But man - this engine has GRUNT and the gearbox really is a lovely pairing. The Compass is truly not a patch on how this one operates.
8. Both the bench and the captains chairs are fantastically comfortable - principally because of the lovely recline they both offer. I would likely pick a bench if I was buying because of the better comfort as well as flat full loading bay that it can provide with 60 / 40 or full 60+40 put down flat.
9. The white upholstery is a major put down and for people who feel strongly about this - they are (a) relegated to only buying the very top of line adventure version; and (b) have no choice of color since the adventure is in a single special edition color.
10. I loved the high visibility bonnet on the car. Felt nice and old school to not have a sloping bonnet that’s invisible.
Axe77 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 21:26   #403
BHPian

2021 Tata Safari Review-img_20210223_205858.jpg

Does the Adventure Persona come with a wrapped touchscreen display ? Looks different than Harrier Safari.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 21:39   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

Safari price list in Gurgaon.

2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_20210223214357.jpg

SAFARI PL.pdf

2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_20210223214609__01.jpg
Cancellation charges are Rs. 3000/-
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 22:29   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post

The Adventure Edition in that Byron blue like colour does show off it's LR pedigree from many angles especially with the carefully black tinted glasses in the advert. The colour does look classy and so off mainstream and very European tones typical of LR shades.
The Adventure Persona trim looks absolutely sick! There is nothing in the < 50L range that comes close. The non adventure colours looked okayish but this has bowled me over. If I was in the market today I'd be at the Tata showroom first thing tomorrow to book one. I just hope they don't discontinue it soon. I'm going to be in the market later this year and I'll get this in a heartbeat. Put on a roof box and some AT rubber and you're good to go.
yd_gli is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks