Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2021, 11:46   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
They have a huge backlog and if its white, you may get in 2 months. Any other color be ready to wait longer.
Is it that they would be producing only white on priority and hence wait times will be lower?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Easily the best Legender in India, even better than the original one
Adding to the transformation stable - here is a Fortuner converted to a Legender with some additional cosmetic changes like black ORVM covers and a few other bits.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-fortunerlegender_1.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-fortunerlegender_2.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-fortunerlegender_3.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-fortunerlegender_4.jpg

Last edited by vigsom : 7th August 2021 at 11:47.
vigsom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 12:34   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Is it that they would be producing only white on priority and hence wait times will be lower?
White will always have lower waiting period than any other colour simply because demand is much more for white than any other colour. After many years this time around I am seeing a higher demand for either of the two blacks as well. White has around 2 months waiting and others are 3 months or even more.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 13:34   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
More than 50% of booking in most of the showroom is for white. In Bangalore, some of the showrooms have over 70% booking for white. I was initially contemplating on phantom brown but same had 3-4 months waiting as bookings are far lesser. Production happens based on booking backlog.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 09:16   #244
BHPian

Is there a comparative list of differences between 4x4 AT and 4x2 AT variants (regular versions, not Legender). I am aware of the following:

- H4/L4, DAC, Lockable Differential (the 4x4 system essentially)
- fewer speakers, no sub-woofer
- 17-inch AT tires instead of 18-inch HT tires

anything else the 4x2 doesn't carry or is different spec-wise?

Thanks.

Last edited by t2k4 : 10th August 2021 at 09:17.
Old 10th August 2021, 11:47   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
anything else the 4x2 doesn't carry or is different spec-wise?
No, nothing else. These are the only differences.
asm3899_CHD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 10:51   #246
Senior - BHPian

Was at service center recently and was talking to a senior technician discussing about Fortuner. He suggested something which appeared valid- Using BS6 diesel will reduce consumption of AdBlue and the car should also perform better. While govt. made manufacturer sell BS6 cars long ago, I don't think the BS6 diesel is available at all fuel stations yet.

Waiting period is hovering around 2 months for white and if you are lucky and not particular about model, you may get a bit sooner too. As expected 4x2 Automatic is the model with highest demand.

On different note below were the sales pitch during my visit to Ford and Toyota showroom. As expected 4x2 Titanium+ and 4x2 Automatic are the model in highest demand.

Toyota: Cars like Fortuner/Endeavour need bigger powerful engine, we have 2.8L with 500NM torque and 2.0L is no match.
Ford: We have sunroof and soft touch dash
and in 2021 it's a big miss in Fortuner.
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 11:32   #247
Team-BHP Support

Last week drove a cousin's new Fortuner for ~900 kilometers.

Roads encountered were very bad to terrible. Terrible because some bits had stone quarries and trucks ferrying them had played havoc with the road. Buses undercarriage used to rub against the ground when they entered the pit and came out of it. Very few small cars could make it as boulders dropped from 4X4 tippers busted the gearboxes / sumps etc of cars.

This is where a body on frame SUV shines and with added capability of 4X4 hardware, you are at peace. I have done some 50K odd on the 3.2's and in my books, [save for permanent AWD mode], this Fortuner trumps it. I don't dig for sun roofs etc, so...and I must say, this one sounds sweet too, try to go above 3K, you will love it. I find the grunt to be better too. NVH is where, they appear on par, Ford's active noise cancelation is nice.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20210808_085901.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 20th August 2021 at 09:11.
Sheel is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 12:48   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Last week drove a cousin's new Fortuner for ~900 kilometers.
Sheel- please see if that red cloth tied to the stem of driver side rear view mirror can be removed. I am mindful of religious sentiments. But that cloth will scratch the paint over time as it moves due to wind.

Last week when I went for my Crysta first service, I saw a new Fortuner Legender in for 1st servicing and the owner had kept the ribbons tied to bonnet at the time of delivery for long. This had led to pretty bad scratches in V-shape at tip of bonnet due to ribbon repeatedly rubbing on the bonnet due to wind.
daretodream is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 12:58   #249
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
Sheel- please see if that red cloth tied to the stem of driver side rear view mirror can be removed. I am mindful of religious sentiments. But that cloth will scratch the paint over time as it moves due to wind.
Thanks .

It was removed after the picture was taken, in-fact, I saw it in the picture itself. My personal cars come from showroom w/o any plastics / ribbon etc & come back from temple with vermilion marks only which is cleaned the next day.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 14:49   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
This is where a body on frame SUV shines and with added capability of 4X4 hardware, you are at peace. I have done some 50K odd on the 3.2's and in my books, save for permanent AWD mode], this Fortuner trumps it. I don't dig for sun roofs etc, so...and I must say, this one sounds sweet too, try to go above 3K, you will love it. I find the grunt to be better too. NVH is where, they appear on par, Ford's active noise cancelation is nice.
When you press more of A pedal and gain higher speeds is when you start appreciating the stiffer suspension. Higher torque and lighter car means even the 3.2 cannot match Fortuners performance. NVH of Fortuner is quite good and comparable to endeavour with active noise cancellation, however once rev goes beyond 3K fortuner gets a bit noisy where as Active Noise cancellation in Endeavour plays a major part.
Old 14th August 2021, 17:56   #251
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
NVH of Fortuner is quite good and comparable to endeavour with active noise cancellation, however once rev goes beyond 3K fortuner gets a bit noisy where as Active Noise cancellation in Endeavour plays a major part.
I'm guessing that neither fortuner nor the endeavour are at 3k rpm when cruising at 100kph. One particular youtube channel conducted an NVH test @100kph during a car-compare-review (). Below is a screenshot from the video :

Clearly there is a 3dB difference between endeavour and fortuner. At log scale, 3dB means double the sound pressure level. Hence, sorry to say, the NVH of Fortuner is nowhere comparable to endeavour, even at rpms below 3k.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-nvh-screenshot.png  

Last edited by venkyhere : 14th August 2021 at 17:57.
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 18:36   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I'm guessing that neither fortuner nor the endeavour are at 3k rpm when cruising at 100kph. One particular Youtube channel conducted an NVH test @100kph during a car-compare-review Below is a screenshot from the video :

Clearly there is a 3dB difference between endeavour and fortuner. At log scale, 3dB means double the sound pressure level. Hence, sorry to say, the NVH of Fortuner is nowhere comparable to endeavour, even at rpms below 3k.
The rpm depends on which gear you are in. Now if you hitting 100 at 3rd or 4th engine will be at around 3000. In 6th gear or 9th/10th gear, both are at 1500-1600RPM.
The model in comparison video comes with 2.0L engine which is more refined compared to older 3.2 or 2.2. The current 2.0L doesnot get Active noise cancellation since late 2020, so definitely NVH is not as good as 2019 BS6 Endeavour. My comparison is with 2.2 and 3.2.
Old 15th August 2021, 10:48   #253
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
The rpm depends on which gear you are in. Now if you hitting 100 at 3rd or 4th engine will be at around 3000. In 6th gear or 9th/10th gear, both are at 1500-1600RPM.
Of course, that was what I was intending to convey - when someone does NVH testing, of course they are not doing it in 3rd gear, so we can be sure the rpms in these vehicles are well below 3k when the test was done.

Quote:
The model in comparison video comes with 2.0L engine which is more refined compared to older 3.2 or 2.2. The current 2.0L doesnot get Active noise cancellation since late 2020, so definitely NVH is not as good as 2019 BS6 Endeavour. My comparison is with 2.2 and 3.2.
So are you saying that the 2.0L engine's refinement and active noise cancellation are both responsible for the 3dB difference ? And that if we buy a 2021 car, this 3dB reduction will not be there ?

Last edited by Sheel : 21st August 2021 at 16:12. Reason: You have been repeatedly requested to start your sentence with a capital letter. Is it so hard to follow this?
Old 15th August 2021, 13:12   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Of course, that was what I was intending to convey - when someone does NVH testing, of course they are not doing it in 3rd gear, so we can be sure the rpms in these vehicles are well below 3k when the test was done.
So are you saying that the 2.0L engine's refinement and active noise cancellation are both responsible for the 3dB difference ? And that if we buy a 2021 car, this 3dB reduction will not be there ?
For these behemoths to cruise on 6th or 10th gear, longer stretch is needed. I am very sure neither can hit 100 in city limits in 6th or 10th gear. In 0-100 dash video shared definitely fortuner is in 4th gear at the max. The video doesnot show what gear the car is in or the RPM.
2.0L is definitely more refined than 3.2 and 2.2. Just stand outside and listen. At same point active noise cancellation does make difference by neutralizing noise inside cabin . So 2021 will not have NVH of 2019 BS6 unless Active noise cancellation was namesake.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st August 2021 at 16:12. Reason: Quoted post is edited. Thanks.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 08:08   #255
Team-BHP Support

I am getting 11.2L per 100 kilometers now. DPF regen too has reduced. Happened only once over a distance of a shade under 400 kilometers. And you don't really realize you are doing 110+ on open stretch till you look at the speedo, speeds are masked well IMO.
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks