Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2021, 13:41   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Can anyone here explain how the speakers are placed in 4x4 top end Fortuner. I see Toyota claiming a 11 speaker setup but in none of the post I can spot 11 different components.
6 in front(2 in door, 2 tweeter, 2 midrange on dash), 4 in rear doors- 2 speakers+ 2 tweeter as Toyota calls it(may be a full range) and lastly a Subwoofer in boot. There is an amplifier too.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 14:06   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
6 in front(2 in door, 2 tweeter, 2 midrange on dash), 4 in rear doors- 2 speakers+ 2 tweeter as Toyota calls it(may be a full range) and lastly a Subwoofer in boot. There is an amplifier too.
Thanks for replying, so front is sorted and we have a 3-way setup in front. I think they tricked with the rear setup and as you said there seems to be a pair of full range in rear door panels.

We can even have 2 or 3 drivers inside a full range speaker but not sure if we can count them as separate speakers maybe Audiophile gurus can comment. In that case it will be a 9 speaker setup not 11.
Old 17th September 2021, 14:28   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Thanks for replying, so front is sorted and we have a 3-way setup in front. I think they tricked with the rear setup and as you said there seems to be a pair of full range in rear door panels.

We can even have 2 or 3 drivers inside a full range speaker but not sure if we can count them as separate speakers maybe Audiophile gurus can comment. In that case it will be a 9 speaker setup not 11.
As per Toyota there are 2 speaker cones combined to 1 unit or something similar. I don't know if that should be called 2 or 4 in total, but Toyota officially claims 11 speaker unit.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 20:00   #304
BHPian

Hi,

Is there any switch or dial/leveler or any option for adjusting the low/high beam light throws (height) ?

If yes, Can someone please help with a pic of same.

Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 21:00   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelv View Post
Hi,

Is there any switch or dial/leveler or any option for adjusting the low/high beam light throws (height) ?

If yes, Can someone please help with a pic of same.

Thanks
Since the Fortuner gets auto-levelling headlights, it has no manual dial/lever to control the same. If you find it inadequate you can ask the service centre to adjust the screws in the headlights to alter the light height. But do ask them to keep their test-car beside so that the light doesn’t start dazzling oncoming traffic even in low beam.

My facelifted first Gen Fortuner also has these auto levelling headlights and I really feel those HIDs are simply underpowered at night. And I don’t see any auto adjustment happening to them, only one place where I see it actually working is on the sea-link for whatever reasons.

Although the lastest Gen including the facelift has a great set of LED headlights, so I don’t think there is any issue in lighting (except rains maybe).
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 22:10   #306
Team-BHP Support

Guys, please help me activate the rear wash function (& not the rear wiper). I can not seem to activate it. Rear wiper works fine when it rains, but with dust at the back, it becomes difficult to clean it.

Does rear wash function have a separate container in the hatch for water?

I don’t have the manual with me. So asking here .
Old 17th September 2021, 22:19   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Guys, please help me activate the rear wash function (& not the rear wiper). I can not seem to activate it. Rear wiper works fine when it rains, but with dust at the back, it becomes difficult to clean it.

Does rear wash function have a separate container in the hatch for water?

I don’t have the manual with me. So asking here .
Press the wiper lever down(Opposite direction of front washer). Reservoir is same for front and rear though pipeline is different.
PrideRed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 23:18   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
@PrideRed has already mentioned how to use the rear wash wipe, adding a video to help as well.

CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 21:56   #309
Senior - BHPian

Had checked the Mahindra Alturas followed by Fortuner and came out with mixed feelings.

The Fortuner build (sheet metal) felt very flimsy compared to the Alturas.
Also three people in the second row was a cramped experience in the Fortuner. The Alturas felt so wide and well built. The Fortuner at 45-48L OTR is extremely overpriced for what is on offer.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 18th September 2021 at 22:01.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 23:41   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Had checked the Mahindra Alturas followed by Fortuner and came out with mixed feelings
There is no point considering the Alturas, it is a dead product. Sadly, the only real challenger to the Fortuner - the Endeavour - has ended its innings in India. That leaves Toyota at full liberty to completely monopolize the segment. Where the Fortuner scores is its awesome engine & drivetrain, reliability, and after-sales support.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 10:25   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Had checked the Mahindra Alturas followed by Fortuner and came out with mixed feelings.

The Fortuner build (sheet metal) felt very flimsy compared to the Alturas.
Also three people in the second row was a cramped experience in the Fortuner. The Alturas felt so wide and well built. The Fortuner at 45-48L OTR is extremely overpriced for what is on offer.
Per my knowledge, Mahindra planned for a 10000 units buyout for CKD, and correspondingly sufficient spares buyout to keep those numbers running on road. There were no plans of the breakup back then. And I haven’t calculated but a wild guess could be they’re north of 5K in total sales. So spares and service isn’t the biggest concern, IF, you’ve a genuine Mahindra Dealership around you.
I’ve said this before to people, the only good part about this car being a Mahindra badge is the service and availability it can provide over other premium offbeat players (Jeep, Citroen, and now Ford). Again, Toyota is the benchmark to me can’t deny. But that’s a whole lot of price to compensate for so little. Better purchase extended warranty and a guaranteed buy back for your peace of mind. I missed the latter.

Last edited by Samurai : 20th September 2021 at 00:07. Reason: cleanup
aastiksaluja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 10:33   #312
BHPian

Long shot, but any Fortuner 2021 owner looking to sell their Head unit/infotainment system, please let me know! Or if anyone knows how I can get my hands on one, that will be helpful as well.

I am looking to retro-fit the 2021 Fortuner's Head unit on my 2017 Fortuner.
Old 20th September 2021, 00:09   #313
Team-BHP Support

Stop attacking fellow members. Any more of this will attract thread ban or infraction. - Support team
Samurai is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 13:48   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRajesh View Post
Long shot, but any Fortuner 2021 owner looking to sell their Head unit/infotainment system, please let me know! Or if anyone knows how I can get my hands on one, that will be helpful as well.

I am looking to retro-fit the 2021 Fortuner's Head unit on my 2017 Fortuner.
If you are looking for Android Auto/Apple Carplay, then may be try with Innova as well, probability of finding one is more compared to Fortuner. If you are looking for more features, then better to get a Pioneer or Sony HU, you can also get wireless Android Auto.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 14:05   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
If you are looking for Android Auto/Apple Carplay, then may be try with Innova as well, probability of finding one is more compared to Fortuner. If you are looking for more features, then better to get a Pioneer or Sony HU, you can also get wireless Android Auto.
I was going for the Sony XAV8000 but then a dealer told me the stock camera quality will take a major hit since an adapter is used.

Been in two minds since then in what to do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks