Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2022, 17:00   #1066
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Raghu, my responses below in sequence:

2. Looking out for a resilient wireless Android Auto unit. So, search is on
I am evaluating an AI Box. Too early to comment on this since I use the phone, map and messages on car play
Quote:

3. One lap is a good alternative, I am using it on my Thar and the battery lasts for a full month and more. The tracking is highly accurate and I will recommend it to you, if you are looking for an alternative to Carot.
Ordered one yet to receive it let see how is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
LTX Trail is similar to stock tires. You may go for Pirelli or Yokohama for AT option. K02 for some serious offroading and looks stunning...

Quote:

4. It is BFG KO2s and look no further. Great traction on wet and dry roads, no roads are welcome too! Looks are bonus and when everyone besides you start adoring the looks, the pride in your eyes is priceless!
Thanks guys, will let the picutres talk
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-wheelremoved.jpeg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-tyres.jpeg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-wheel-completed-.jpeg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-frontview.jpeg  

Last edited by raghu.t.k : 13th October 2022 at 17:03.
raghu.t.k is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 22:48   #1067
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
This pretty much seems to rule out using the Fortuner in cities like Bangalore for daily commute without getting into trouble!
The trick is to keep the revs high periodically. I use sport mode and accelerate hard where ever possible (even for few seconds) during the city drive.
cnu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 21:38   #1068
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

This entire concept of DPF and revving hard for it to "regen" kinds of defeats the ultimate purpose for it's existence, doesn't it ?

What must have been the meeting like, for DPF to come into existence ?

Q : we are worried about C particles in the exhaust"
A : lets filter the exhaust gases with a complicated filtration system like we find in water purifiers, no more C particles
Q : but.. but...
A : what ?
Q : won't it get clogged after sometime, how to unclog it ?
A : just ask the person driving to revv the nuts off the engine, higher exhaust pressure, the clogged C will simply blow away
Q : < thinks for 5 minutes > , but aren't we creating more pollution, just for this mechanism to work, by asking the driver to needlessly revv , thereby (a) wasting more fuel that what would otherwise be needed in a particular driving situation (b) generating even more CO2 and CO than what would otherwise be generated in a particular driving situation ?
A : so what ?
Q : heh ? we are actually creating a bigger delta pollution than the delta we are trying to reduce, can't you see ?
A: ha ha ha, our mandate is to reduce C, nobody told us anything about CO2 and CO
Q : really ?
A : yes

Q,A : wow, let's go ahead then.

And that's how the DPF took birth (or so I think).

Last edited by venkyhere : 14th October 2022 at 21:41.
venkyhere is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 16:35   #1069

Hi, even I experienced similar Lackadaisical attitude during the whole booking-to-delivery process when i picked up my Legender 4 X 4 on 29 Sep 22 from Nandi Toyota, Hosur Road, Bangalore.
My son, Akshay, on whose instance I decided to buy the beast handled every stage of the said process, in fact he traded away his 4.5 year old Skoda Octavia L&k 1.8 TSI AT at U-Trust as down payment for the new purchase on 14 Sep 22 and arranged a test drive for me in coordination with the SA.
The TD car turned out to be a private car belonging to some individual and had run 25K KM, the SA said its his personal car!!! I did not push him for more details. The TD was just cursory so that my wife and I get a feel of the interiors and check out firsthand the seemingly challenging ingress and egress. We found it a bit tricky but not much of a problem. The drive almost 5-6 KMs of it in our residential suburb was surprisingly agile and I did not feel the car is too bulky or big to maneuver. My regular ride is a now 5.5 year old Q3, and the conclusion was obvious and quick that they are from different planet and criminal even to be compared against each other.
The allocation was quick, 20 Sep, the Legender reached the yard and SA invited my son to come and have a look, on checking, the VIN confirmed its a 19 Sep 2022 manufacture, upon general inspection everything was found in place and we decided to wait for formal inspection post PDI. We decided to change the tyres from HT to AT as we felt the HT tyre treads might tend to aquaplane due to their closed tread design at the edge of the tyres (its ourely our reading of the HT tyres, maybe we are wrong).
We could squeeze out a meagre discount from their sales head, managed to bring down insurance premium to Rs 1.13 Lacs from initial quote of 1.95 Lacs, refused extra fitouts, and conceded to avail SBI car laon vide dealer reference. All this was done by 29th Sep and we took delivery of the vehicle on the same evening.
During delivery was the first time i visited dealership, about 5-6 cars were being delivered, and the entire team seemed to be in a hurry to handover the car to us and exit us ASAP. I wanted the SA or someone qualified to take me through the features of the new car but the SA was like, Sir the temple might close soon, pls take the car for pooja rest can be done later. I put my foot down and insisted that i be introduced to the car features, so the reluctant SA did the honors in flat 4 mins.
My queries regarding when and how do i engage 4 WD, Diff lock, LSD and how does the Auto hold braking work were all brushed away with one statement- "Sir you can engage all these features only while the car is stationary". I knew from reading threads on TBHP that it's not wholly true but I did not feel like arguing or educating the SA.
Then came the issue of checking the function of boot door release with kick-action, I tried couple of times but the door remained shut, I asked the SA to demonstrate the same and even his attempts were futile, he then said that there is a button on dash that needs to be engaged for this function to work. Me, Ok find the button for me and he did not know where it is !!!!, so he calls another SA, he said leave the car locked and allow 2 mins before swinging your leg under the car chassis and it will work, to his credit this guy knew the exact position where the motion sensor is and that was it, he disappeared.
All this dented my assumed confidence over the service capability of Toyota personnel and I dread taking my car to them for any issues that might crop up over time, my only hope is that their technical team is more service oriented and are better trained than their sales team.
I am yet to get a chance to drive the beast due to my workload, look forward to a long drive by the end of this month and I hope I enjoy my new acquisition. Till then I remain an AUDI FAN.
Old 17th October 2022, 20:18   #1070
R_R
BHPian

I got my Fortuner petrol (automatic) delivered on Saturday, October 15. And I got it in Avant Garde Bronze! This was the color we originally wanted but settled for Crystal Black because we were told the Bronze would take much longer to deliver. But last week, the sales advisor called and told us a Bronze was shipping from factory and we could have it if we wanted as he remembered that was our original choice. We of course jumped at it. Delivery was scheduled for Friday but because I couldn't get all the financing done, we delayed it by a day. Finally got delivery in the evening, but the first few hundred meters was a nightmare because the dealer was located in a narrow congested lane, with a million cycles and terrible traffic. I almost thought we would get the vehicle scratched up and dented in the first 100 meters itself but somehow managed to get behemoth out of there, with a lot of help from passers by, who took pity on us! I am dreading going back there for servicing!! And, because the vehicle had almost no fuel, had to find the closest fuel pump to make sure we could drive back home. Haven't done much driving since then, only a few short ones with family, and still to get used to its size but I am sure it'll be fine.

As for accessories, only got floor mats, underbody anti-rust coating and auto-folding mirrors. First impressions: it's a beauty! From pictures and YT videos, I always got the impression that the interiors were a bit staid or worse, and even the test drives gave the same impression. But once I sat in my new vehicle, it feels a lot more upmarket than I originally thought. There are some flimsy bits, especially the sunglass holder, but other than that, I am very happy. I am not an audiophile and even the 6-speaker system sounded good to me. Still a lot to learn about the vehicle, but I'll have the time to do it slowly.

So, here are a few pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20221015_151947.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img20221015wa0004.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img20221015wa0006.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img20221016wa0000.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img20221015wa0011mod.jpg  

Last edited by R_R : 17th October 2022 at 20:31. Reason: Clarifying feature
R_R is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 20:29   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
I got my Fortuner petrol AT delivered on Saturday, October 15. And I got it in Avant Garde Bronze
Congratulations and all the best R_R on the beauty and beast!

A Fortuner in petrol AT guise is surely a rare find. Please share the specifications and how she is to drive, basically a review of sorts for our benefit. Are there any differences in the interior compared to the diesel variant etc etc

Thank you.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 20:40   #1072
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Congratulations and all the best R_R on the beauty and beast!

A Fortuner in petrol AT guise is surely a rare find. Please share the specifications and how she is to drive, basically a review of sorts for our benefit. Are there any differences in the interior compared to the diesel variant etc etc

Thank you.

Cheers
Thanks, Cyborg. By AT, I meant 'automatic', not All-Terrain , just in case (I've edited my post to clarify this). Fortuner petrols are indeed rare, but Fortuner petrol automatics are not probably any rarer. But because of NCR rules, Fortuner petrol versions are becoming more popular.

As I said, I've only driven a little bit, so a fuller review will have to wait, assuming I am even capable of one! But I'll write up my impressions soon, for whatever it's worth. I have been driving it very gently, and in eco mode, so it does take a bit of time to gather pace. But once it reaches speed, it's quite fine.
R_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 20:55   #1073
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got my Fortuner petrol (automatic) delivered on Saturday, October 15. And I got it in Avant Garde Bronze! This was the color we originally wanted but settled for Crystal Black because we were told the Bronze would take much longer to deliver. But last week, the sales advisor called and told us a Bronze was shipping from factory and we could have it if we wanted as he remembered that was our original choice. We of course jumped at it.
Congratulations on your petrol behemoth!

Petrol Fortuner is rare (not in Delhi-NCR though) and the Avantgarde Bronze colour is rare as well, making your combination the rarest of rare
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 00:08   #1074
BHPian

Congratulations, R_R! It looks stunning in this colour Here's wishing You many happy miles with your new acquisition
Revvman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 00:32   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Cyborg. By AT, I meant 'automatic', not All-Terrain.

I have been driving it very gently, and in eco mode, so it does take a bit of time to gather pace. But once it reaches speed, it's quite fine.
Of course R_R, AT is one of the few short forms which are allowed on our forum in the context you have used it in. I assure you no one from our forum would misunderstand it as all-terrain. Having said that, if the mighty Fortuner isn’t all-terrain, I wonder what is

I would suggest, don’t baby the beast to the extent you are doing, it doesn’t do it any good. Drive it in all modes with varying speeds. Just don’t floor it for now

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 09:27   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
I got my Fortuner petrol (automatic) delivered on Saturday, October 15. And I got it in Avant Garde Bronze!
Congratulations R_R ! Looks stupendous i say. And easy to maintain color too i believe. I agree with your assessment of the interiors- other than the sunglass holder, everything looks good enough to last a lifetime. The heavy steering takes some time to get used to.
Are you changing the stock Bridgestone to Geolandars? Keep air pressure at 29 and see how the ride becomes smooth.
achyutaghosh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 09:55   #1077

Quote:
I got my Fortuner petrol (automatic) delivered on Saturday, October 15. And I got it in Avant Garde Bronze!
Congratulations R_R on your beast. Looks sexy! Please do keep us posted on how she behaves and performs.

I too am eagerly awaiting my beast. It's in the same configuration as yours, but a different color(Metallic Silver). It's been a month since I made my booking but still, there is no update on the same. How long did you have to wait for your car?
C-14 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 11:18   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations !
Got mine (diesel) in same exterior colour and chamois interiors on October 4th.

My car has clocked 1200 kilometers as of now and the first service is completed.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 15:10   #1079

Quote:
I got my Fortuner petrol (automatic) delivered on Saturday, October 15. And I got it in Avant Garde Bronze! This was the color we originally wanted but settled for Crystal Black because we were told the Bronze would take much longer to deliver. But last week, the sales advisor called and told us a Bronze was shipping from factory and we could have it if we wanted as he remembered that was our original choice. We of course jumped at it.
She looks Gorgeous and Congrats on the procuring the "Rare" Species of the Fortuner. I've heard that the noise in the vehicle is almost negligible and the Petrol is fun to drive too. I maybe wrong, but are those the 17" alloys found on the Diesel 4x2? I really had wished that Toyota would have launched 4x4 petrol as well.
keerti_ck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 21:00   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
I have been driving it very gently, and in eco mode, so it does take a bit of time to gather pace. But once it reaches speed, it's quite fine.
I suggest you try chucking eco mode, and use it only in some bumper to bumper trafic scenarios. I use D mode for 99% of the time. Never had to use Power mode.
achyutaghosh is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks