Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2021, 17:54   #466

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Honestly, with the new MG Astor coming in and the Seltos GTX+ offering a much better interior, its high time VW bucks up. They have been doing the same thing for years in India which is to focus a lot on cost cutting even at the segment range and try and advertise it as the best thing in the market at that price.

Its unacceptable to me that VW has focused so much on the exterior styling and given much less importance to the cabin feel. With so many hard plastics, a poor quality roof line, and just not a well polished interior, the Taigun is looking more and more like a car thats only USP is its drivability.

Coming from a Polo GT, I was quite keen on seeing what the interiors look like but alas, its just like a beefed up Polo at this point.
Also, why did they remove the lovely horn that existed in all the lower end VW Group vehicles and replace it with this basic horn? It might seem small but I really enjoy the trumpet horn.

VW's stubbornness to change the interiors of their models will be the end of them and they will be left only with the enthusiast market, unless they make some changes.
pranavsh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 20:01   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavsh View Post

Also, why did they remove the lovely horn that existed in all the lower end VW Group vehicles and replace it with this basic horn? It might seem small but I really enjoy the trumpet horn.
Would that not be a dealer fit if one wants to?I too love the VW trumpet horns and don't like the ones which comes into Honda cars. I guess it should be a max 2-3k fitment.
Old 18th September 2021, 21:22   #468
BHPian

Checked out the Taigun in a showroom today and a Kushaq in the Skoda showroom next door. I felt that the layout of the dashboard and interiors felt better to me in Kushaq (except for the ultra cheap slider).
abhishek_hch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 21:28   #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Would that not be a dealer fit if one wants to?I too love the VW trumpet horns and don't like the ones which comes into Honda cars. I guess it should be a max 2-3k fitment.
I think the dealers would be more than happy to replace the standard horn with the original trumpet one.

I have had the male horn installed on my Polo GT, and they were happy to do it.

I just hope the change does not create any warranty or compatibility issues. Generally, it shouldn't.
Old 18th September 2021, 22:15   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingaddict07 View Post
I think the dealers would be more than happy to replace the standard horn with the original trumpet one.

I have had the male horn installed on my Polo GT, and they were happy to do it.

I just hope the change does not create any warranty or compatibility issues. Generally, it shouldn't.
Issue is there needs a provision to fit the male horn and the existing connector needs to be compatible.

Do check with the service center for compatibility. There was a instance service center had to splice a wire in a brand new car to fit the horn on vento. Though never claimed any warranty I do assume there won’t be any warranty denial.

If the change is done at service center then usually it doesn’t lead to warranty issues.
Old 19th September 2021, 10:16   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Volkswagen Bags Over 10,000 Pre-Bookings For Taigun; Aims To Sell 6,000 Units Every Month.

Lets see in reality how this pans out. I am sure it will have cancellations when the competition reveals its pricing in days to come.
5k-6k monthly sales is a very lofty goal. Given that Seltos itself is hovering ~8k and there is more than enough competition and buzz from Kushaq, Astor, XUV7OO. Not to mention the reputation of VAG after sales which might keep some people on the fence. So let's see how it goes.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 18:32   #472
BHPian

The center AC grill seems to be too small. I wonder if the AC performance would be adequate. The official review couldn't check this, so request anyone test driving to check this aspect.

Pic courtesy: Megamind
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-taigun-ac-slats.jpg  

Last edited by Voyager-1 : 19th September 2021 at 18:35. Reason: Adding pic source.
Old 20th September 2021, 00:27   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamind View Post
Exterior:

- The empty barrel on the headlight is confusing even the VW guys don't have any idea about it's purpose.
Just my curiosity, what do you mean by empty barrel? If you are referring to these chrome lines, then it's just a styling element, to give continuity to the grill. If it is a functional reflector, it could be for a Cornering Light function

Volkswagen Taigun Review-taigunfront_1-edit.jpg
Old 20th September 2021, 02:46   #474
BHPian

I think what everyone is referring to is the second headlight barrel light assembly in the headlight cluster is a dummy. Its basically non functional only for aesthetic value. Most VW cars have a double barrel headlight bulb assembly. One for low beam and one for high beam.
MadHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 09:40   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
The center AC grill seems to be too small. I wonder if the AC performance would be adequate. The official review couldn't check this, so request anyone test driving to check this aspect.
I did get a chance to sit inside the Taigun for over 15 minutes in Gujarat sun and heat (about 40 degrees and humidity around 80%) and the AC felt good. The car cooled down in a minute or so and there after only good things to say about it. Don't think cooling will be an issue in the car.
acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 09:42   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
No issues if fixed at a dealer's. 2k sounds too optimistic though
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 09:54   #477

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Just my curiosity, what do you mean by empty barrel? If you are referring to these chrome lines, then it's just a styling element, to give continuity to the grill. If it is a functional reflector, it could be for a Cornering Light function

Attachment 2209372
The red circled part in the image below is a dummy(has no function), meaning both low & high beam are situated in the left projector lens circled in yellow.

So just serves as an aesthetic appeal/fake dual barrel setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-taigun-headlight.jpg  

Megamind is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 10:12   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hope you got the mail confirmation for the booking from Volkswagen?

I'm just surprised because when I pre-booked, the website only had a minimum amount of 25,000/-

PS: Received a cheque for the cancellation yesterday and just waiting for the amount to be credited in the account. Must say - cancellation was handled very professionally by the dealership.
I am still waiting for my cancellation amount. Canceled a week back. I booked at 5000 too and was almost convinced that this is a no loss transaction. "Sir booking karwa lo, gaadi pasand aaye to le lena, warna paisa wapas. Apka koi nuksan nahi hai."
I have had pleasant experience at the dealership though. Courteous calls, and cancellation also smooth. No questions asked once I told them I bought another car.
And yes, the dealers would have accepted a booking at any amount. I was asked "Sir apko kitna dena hai?"
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 12:22   #479
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamind View Post
So just serves as an aesthetic appeal/fake dual barrel setup.
The lower variants with the halogens probably needed the dual barrel setup to provide adequate lighting, and I'm guessing VW went with a similar theme (for looks) on the higher variants as well.

Functional dual barrel halogens on the lower trims -

Volkswagen Taigun Review-dsc06270_1600.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 12:53   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
I am still waiting for my cancellation amount. Canceled a week back.
Just curious to know what was the reason for cancellation? Any specifics which you would like to highlight which can help potential buyers. I am in the market for Taigun GT upgrading from my 10 yr old Polo TDI done 1.5L KMs without any issues till date.
Don't like the Koreans as they don't give my a better feel compared to what the Polo does. I don't want any compromise in dynamics compared to my Polo, will the GT not be a real upgrade from the Polo?
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks