Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2022, 19:33   #1666

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Hi Everyone.

This is my first post on this forum. I have been a silent reader for a long time and have taken a lot of help from this forum, during the purchase of my first car.
I am considering the GT 1.5 manual variant. Have taken test drive of manual variants of both the TSI and GT models. Liked the GT variant better. I have never owned a VW and so need help with few things.

1) I have done long rides in the Polo 1.2 manual petrol in the past. While I really like how it drives, once we reach 3 digit speeds, the 3 cylinder engine makes a lot of noise. I don't find it very pleasing. Is it the same with the 1.0 TSI manual in Taigun? I did not get to drive it in an open stretch. So just wanted inputs from existing owners.

2) The GT variant that the dealer is offering me, is a January 2022 manufactured model. As per the sales person, they received the vehicle in September. A customer booked it and later cancelled, to go for the GT DSG variant. Considering all the issues which the existing owners have reported such as door noise, AC issues, poorly built roof liner etc. is it advisable to go for this somewhat old vehicle? Moreover the sales guy mentioned that, this is the same case with all the dealers, when it comes to the GT manual variant. All the available models in Bangalore are either Jan or Feb 2022 models. Either I can buy this now, or wait till next year January end, when the manufacturing will commence again, and there is a chance to get a newer vehicle(with higher cost of purchase of course).

Will highly appreciate any help on these points from the existing owners. Thanks.
Old 23rd December 2022, 23:00   #1667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakr View Post
Hi Everyone.

This is my first post on this forum. I have been a silent reader for a long time and have taken a lot of help from this forum, during the purchase of my first car.
I am considering the GT 1.5 manual variant. Have taken test drive of manual variants of both the TSI and GT models. Liked the GT variant better. I have never owned a VW and so need help with few things.
1.The polo which you had driven had 74bhp and around 110nm of torque, even then it was underpowered. The one in 1.0 TSI Taigun has 115bhp and 175nm of torque. And the 1.5 TSI Taigun GT has 150bhp and 250nm of torque. Both of these engines are most the powerful, revv friendly and hoot to drive in their segments. People buy these cars for their engines and the performance they provide. So don't worry about the engines.

If you drive them enthusiastically they will make a noise but it's a sporty one, most people enjoy that. On the other hand when the engine is only making noise and there's no power, that is when it's irritating.

2. A one year old car is not old if it's driven regularly and maintained, but a one year old car that has been sitting on its wheel is not a good choice, the tyres go hard, if it has been parked under the sun, the paint and the plastic trims fade and dry, the non painted surfaces rust, there might be some rat damage. Etc

3-4 months old should be the target, anything above that can be risky, until and unless the dealer is giving you a very good deal and allow you to go and check the car yourself, and only buy it if you are satisfied. Even then the tyres would have degraded a bit. My advice, go for a newer unit, or ask the dealers in the nearby cities about the GT manual.

Remember December is the best time to buy a car, try to get as much as discount as you can, always insist on ex showroom price discount.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 20:49   #1668
SDx
BHPian

For the 1st month anniversary my Taigun gave me Start/Stop error yesterday hence went for the 1st Month/Swagat service with a mission today .

As per my SA, this is the first time they were seeing such error. Infact the error was gone by the time I reached the service center. Troubleshooting was done based on the below video. Good that I took it, later in the evening.

Came across below thread from Slavia, the error seems to be battery related. Idle start/stop might have put a strain on the battery.

Link (Multiple problems in a 3-week old Skoda Slavia)

Has anyone else faced this issue?

I don't deactivate the auto start/stop system while driving, though annoying, been giving me decent mileage in the city. 12-13 in moderate traffic and 11-12 in heavy traffic. Even got 15+ on my Sunday morning drives (these are not tank full to tank full figures)

Resolution offered by VW Service Center
  • System scan - obliviously didn't reveal anything
  • Software upgrade
  • Electrical systems check
  • Fiddled with car's earthing
Issue has resolved itself for now but I might face it again if I continue using auto start/stop?
Attached Images

Old 28th December 2022, 11:45   #1669
BHPian

Hello Everyone,
i have been following Taigun From last month and yesterday i stopped at nearest dealership to checkout Taigun casually. Saw known person from my circle was there with his Taigun Discussing something with SA outside. Without going into more details they offered me Taigun Highline 1.0 Tsi Automatic Demo Car which have 3500 On ODO and will be registered on my name(first owner) for flat 2 lakh discount on new price. Car is 2022 make. I was considering Venue Dct for my usage which is 90% in Mumbai City but plans to travel india after getting married. Currently have Creta 1.6 EPlus 2018 Model but single digit fuel economy and manual transmission is making me switch to automatic for comfort. Can you guys shade more light if the deal should be considered. Have never bought Used car in past so new to all this . SA have assured there are zero issues with car as he is very well known to my friend .
Old 28th December 2022, 12:12   #1670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Hello Everyone,
Without going into more details they offered me Taigun Highline 1.0 Tsi Automatic Demo Car which have 3500 On ODO and will be registered on my name(first owner) for flat 2 lakh discount on new price. Car is 2022 make. SA have assured there are zero issues with car as he is very well known to my friend .
Demo car is a risk which most would suggest to avoid, I remember my uncle was offered 2.5L discount on Taigun Comfortline demo car 6 months before.

As mentioned that we are dealing with a known person and assuming that the car is less abused, please check if you can take this deal to 2.5-2.75L discount as it is a demo car. Taigun new car is getting 1L discount as part of year end offer from VW so it should not be a hard bargain.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 12:36   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone,
i have been following Taigun From last month and yesterday i stopped at nearest dealership to checkout Taigun casually. Saw known person from my circle was there with his Taigun Discussing something with SA outside. Without going into more details they offered me Taigun Highline 1.0 Tsi Automatic Demo Car which have 3500 On ODO and will be registered on my name(first owner) for flat 2 lakh discount on new price. Car is 2022 make. I was considering Venue Dct for my usage which is 90% in Mumbai City but plans to travel india after getting married. Currently have Creta 1.6 EPlus 2018 Model but single digit fuel economy and manual transmission is making me switch to automatic for comfort. Can you guys shade more light if the deal should be considered. Have never bought Used car in past so new to all this . SA have assured there are zero issues with car as he is very well known to my friend .
Hi,

The discount is one portion of the deal. You need to check whether you like the product or not. You are contemplating replacing a Creta diesel manual with either a venue petrol DCT or a Taigun petrol TC. I would suggest to test drive the car and check whether you are fine with the torque characteristics of the cars first.
Your usage does warrant a petrol though, but be aware that Taigun 1.0 TSI will probably return single digit mileage as well in Mumbai traffic.

Demo cars are always to be wary of. But take a test drive, physically inspect the car as closely as possible, and push for the maximum discount possible

Cheers.
Tanu3000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 14:20   #1672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone,
i have been following Taigun From last month and yesterday i stopped at nearest dealership to checkout Taigun casually. Saw known person from my circle was there with his Taigun Discussing something with SA outside. Without going into more details they offered me Taigun Highline 1.0 Tsi Automatic Demo Car which have 3500 On ODO and will be registered on my name(first owner) for flat 2 lakh discount on new price. Car is 2022 make.
Never a fan of demo cars which are abused by anyone who lays hands on it. There is already some discount on fresh stock as some fellows have mentioned and pretty soon (in Jan) they might offer more discount for 2022 models including the demo car offered to you.

My advice would be to negotiate more if you are really interested in demo car and also check month of manufacturing so that you are not getting very old model (in terms of months).

Otherwise just go for a fresh one for peace of mind.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 28th December 2022 at 14:29.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 20:35   #1673

Hi, I am facing the issue of a slight squeaking noise while braking at low speeds. I have the 1.0 Taigun base model manual. It is only 7 months or so old.

Showed it to my trusted service guy and he got the brakes cleaned of dirt and debris. But the issue remains. I am now concerned.

Has anyone else faced this issue and is there a solution? Is it still safe to drive the car?
Old 29th December 2022, 14:20   #1674
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun now gets Rising Blue colour across all variants

Volkswagen introduced the new Rising Blue exterior colour on the Taigun Anniversary Edition. Now, the company has made this shade available across all variants of the SUV.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-screenshot-20221229-141737.jpg

Besides Rising Blue, the Taigun’s colour palette also includes Carbon Steel Grey, Wild Cherry Red, Curcuma Yellow, Reflex Silver, and Candy White.

Apart from the revised colour options, no other changes have been made to the car. That being said, we have learned that the Taigun will get electric seat adjustment and footwell illumination next year. The same features will also be offered on the VW Virtus, Skoda Kushaq and Slavia.

The 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engines will be carried over unchanged. Lower variants are powered by the smaller engine that makes 113 BHP and 178 Nm, while the larger unit puts out 148 BHP and 250 Nm. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual, a 6-speed automatic and a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th December 2022 at 15:25. Reason: Tiguan > Taigun
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 14:32   #1675
BHPian

Quote:
[..]for flat 2 lakh discount on new price. [..] Can you guys shade more light if the deal should be considered. Have never bought Used car in past so new to all this . SA have assured there are zero issues with car as he is very well known to my friend .
Please avoid this. It's just not worth it. This is not an abuse friendly car, this is a car that has to be well maintained and taken care of and gives you good performance in return. Yes, the 1.0L TC is less risky, but it's still something I would not take a gamble on in general, but VAG? I would not touch it with a barge pole.

PS: The fuel efficiency will be very low, and I would not choose this if it's purely a city car. I mean the best part is the fun to drive quotient, if you don't use that for the most part, then I don't know if it'd be worth it for you.
epiccross is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 14:38   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Volkswagen Tiguan now gets Rising Blue colour across all variants
Please update title to 'Taigun' instead of 'Tiguan' .
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 15:13   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaduri View Post
Hi, I am facing the issue of a slight squeaking noise while braking at low speeds.

Showed it to my trusted service guy and he got the brakes cleaned of dirt and debris. But the issue remains. I am now concerned.
The rotor must be having grooves or score marks and when brakes are applied this ends up creating noise. This is a common issue with VW rotors. I have the same issue since many months and the SC says continue using it till brake pads get worn out or disc needs replacement.
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 16:06   #1678

Good to know it’s not dangerous to drive around then. But the sound is damn irritating to live with. I’m sure a solution will exist, it’s just that the service advisors are not aware of it.
Old 30th December 2022, 23:47   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Volkswagen Taigun now gets Rising Blue colour across all variants

Volkswagen introduced the new Rising Blue exterior colour on the Taigun Anniversary Edition. Now, the company has made this shade available across all variants of the SUV.

Link to Team-BHP News
Had purchased GT+ in this new blue colour and took delivery in November. This has been available since a month, I guess they took some time to update their website and materials. In addition to the colour, they added ventilated seats and LED reversing lights in GT+ (I guess LED lights in other variants as well).
Old 31st December 2022, 09:38   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekz View Post
In addition to the colour, they added ventilated seats and LED reversing lights in GT+
This is a welcome addition! Could you show us, if possible, how the LED reversing light looks like?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks