Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2021, 19:19   #286
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Lamborghini was also once a tractor company..maybe Ford spurning Mahindra is having the same effect that Ferrari ignoring Lamborghini had.
Kidding.
Sidban85 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 19:34   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post
Fully agree. The leatherette in the AX7 looks way more premium but the beige/off white will be difficult to maintain. They could have either gone with black leather seats (as offered in the Compass) or at least given that as an option.
Not sure who decides it's an good idea to have white interior on an AWD SUV One can't install aftermarket covers too, as the top-end has airbags on front seats.
giri1.8 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 20:06   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
However, a lot of us would be booking online just to avoid the Covid situation and for hassle-free process. The question that arises here is How does the online booking stack against the dealer booking? Whether the dealer booking gets priority or the online booking does? Or it's just a matter of who does it first?

Any answer about this would be highly appreciated
Ok I have done Thar booking and subsequently canceled. Here is how it works( per my knowledge)

When you book online using auto.Mahindra.com, the system picks up all the required information and deducts the
Booking amount. I presume this is also to define your position in the queue. However, they seem to pass on this information to the selected dealer offline - perhaps once a day or two.

The dealer calls to confirm some details and assigns a sales rep.

On the other hand, when you book using a dealer, I assume they use the same system to enter the details and get into the queue. Only difference is you have a sales rep already in hand.
sheelapratosh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 20:42   #289
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Can see that M&M has really put in a huge effort towards this car, hope it proves reliable in the long run, given that it has a laundry list of gizmos.

Things I like -
engines,
FSDs,
rear suspension design,
engineers' considering kodiaq as the reference benchmark for torsional rigidity (rumoured),
underbody plate under engine bay (looks like plastic, will also benefit underbody aero greatly)

Things I didn't like -
the sabretooth headlamps,
the pathetic looking faux wood plastic on doorpads,
the rear logo integration,
the glaring miss of autodimming IRVM (in a car with 360 degree cameras and ADAS etc). Would love to be a fly on the wall of the product meetings where "features" are checklisted - obviously the omission of autodimming is related to some electrical limitation (number of pins from a board/connector, maybe) rather than cost.

They have poured money, time and their brains into this product, an Indian buyer in the 10-20L range has never had such a promising product, ever. Satisfies the gizmo mad korean car customer as well as the mechanically aware enthusiast customer equally.

Last edited by venkyhere : 20th August 2021 at 20:57.
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 21:12   #290
BHPian

I am just penning down my wish list for the MX diesel variant. I am happy if Mahindra reads this and surprises us by equipping more than this list.

What Currently Mahindra offers in XUV7OO MX Variant are (as per their website):
MT Diesel, 155PS
Seating Capacity - 5
8" Infotainment
7" Cluster
Smart Door Handles (Can this be swapped for something which might add more value?)

What I wish MX should be coming up with is (addition to the above list):
AT Diesel, 155PS
Seating Capacity 5 and 7 seating layouts
Projector Headlamps
Static Bending Headlamps
LED DRL's
Mahindra Blue sense app
TPMS
Rear Defogger and Wiper
Steering Tilt, Telescopic will be a welcome move
Adjustable driver seat (8 way)
Fully automated AC
Power foldable ORVM's
Roof Rails
Reverse Parking Audio assist
Driver side Express up-down window
Puddle lamps

Note: The above list is made assuming all basic safety features are provided.
Old 20th August 2021, 21:16   #291
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post

Suspension

If we open the pic and zoom in, it appears that the rubber ring between the top of the spring and the chassis has dislodged from it's stipulated position. Or is it an optical illusion ?
Old 20th August 2021, 21:23   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babruvahanaaaaa View Post
Where is the link to this? Is it just the normal customer interest form or is there a separate form for prospective owners?
Could be this page, which opens after clicking the "Enquire now" button on the XUV7OO home page:

https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/xuv700/enquire-now
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 21:29   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
If we open the pic and zoom in, it appears that the rubber ring between the top of the spring and the chassis has dislodged from it's stipulated position. Or is it an optical illusion ?
There is a small metal post in the between and the rubber thing is slid over that like a sock. The end of the springs are always kinked a bit to hook them to something so both these things might be making it to look like it has dislodged
Old 20th August 2021, 21:56   #294
BHPian

I honestly wish Tata and Mahindra develop SUVs platforms together. Imagine a 4x4 AT SUV based on Harriers platform/design, the Potent Engine/Gearbox and instrumentation cluster/Infotainment unit of the Xuv 700.
Pashin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 22:27   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashin View Post
I honestly wish Tata and Mahindra develop SUVs platforms together. Imagine a 4x4 AT SUV based on Harriers platform/design, the Potent Engine/Gearbox and instrumentation cluster/Infotainment unit of the Xuv 700.
In that case we'll need a third company just to remove the combined niggles and electronic issues coming from both the brands.
TwerkyC0ffee is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 22:31   #296
BHPian

Visited the Mahindra showroom on Indiranagar Double Road (Opposite Cauvery School) a 2 days ago.

Seems the sales execs have been taught to make sure customers even enquiring about the car are seated. They've NO info about the car ie not even a soft copy of the brochure/price list. NO test drives vehicles expected for the next few months even.

Also, they're very very keen to take 20k saying it'll be an informal booking to help me jump the queue. When I hesitated, he said a signed cheque without the date too would suffice. Yeah, right! I gave my number & even immediately messaged him on WhatsApp, incase they haven't any brochure - but no reply even yet.

Comparatively, when Nissan launched the Magnite just after COVID lockdowns last year, they managed the whole process very well. Their intent was sincere & it showed.

IMO a very bad way to launch any car. If Mahindra doesn't have anything ready, why build interest among customers ? All this gives an impression that Mahindra(/dealers) is probably short of cash flow & trying to garner short term interest free capital with these "bookings".
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 22:35   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
If the under body mounted spare wheel by chance defines the GC
No, it doesn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Then additional width of 80mm (155mm vs 235mm profile) may result in halving the GC to only 80mm.
From this pic, it is clearly evident that even an additional width of 80mm can be easily accommodated without affecting the ground clearance.

In a hypothetical scenario, even if it affects the ground clearance by 10-20 mm, it is the sidewall of the spare tyre which is going to take the impact, which is pretty usual for any tyre. We should worry about the ground clearance being low only if the other mechanical parts take the impact.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashin View Post
I miss your point completely, mate! Unless they sell off 50% of their R&D and manufacturing facilities and lay off 50% of their workforce, the cost of the product will actually double and the final product will still sell less than the combined volumes of Harrier and XUV700.

Do u miss Tata designs or Harrier's design? Either way, Mahindra have inducted (or Tata has let go of) Pratap Bose, so that he can develop similar designs in Mahindra.

The gearbox unit, infotainment unit of Mahindra is anyway outsourced. So no point for Tata in entering into a partnership with Mahindra for a third party component.

Basically you seem to want a Harrier body shell and all Mahindra components in it
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20210820222554_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by Geta : 20th August 2021 at 22:50.
Geta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 22:47   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
He has simply compared two diesel engines of similar displacement, so seems like Apple to Apple comparison.
Sure,I could see that. But like they say, the devil is in the details. No disrespect to M&M on what they have achieved here with the overall package, but any run of the mill engine maker can produce such figures and ultimately what matters is the level of engineering finesse and sheer real world performance- which is what has been luring some of us towards these euro companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
The comparison is an eye opener, if you look at what the so called premium brands offer - it can be called as a rip off. In their defense the volumes are less and perhaps components are more expensive, but it does not change the fact that an everyday 3 row crossover made by a tractor company is offering so much more.
Pardon me but I disagree with the engine spec comparisons. With this sort of a comparison we can also bring in vehicles like Harrier, Safari or Innova which offers similar power and torque figures as some of the Euro sedans/crossovers that cost more than twice but we all know such a comparison ends right there on paper and doesn't really translate into real world right? Tatas, Mahindras have been offering larger displacements for a long while but haven't yet excelled in refinement, gearbox tech and driving dynamics, all of which that add to the cost significantly. A fair comparison would be the proportionate R&D budgets between these manufactures and that would fetch us a lot of answers. Again my humble opinion, lets agree to disagree!

Last edited by vjbox : 20th August 2021 at 22:49.
vjbox is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 23:10   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Fans of the gangsta Black colour shade, here is some good news for you:
Attachment 2195919

The 7OO will start arriving at dealerships nation-wide before the second week of September for display and for test drives. So keep a keen eye out for that at your nearest Mahindra dealerships, guys…

Yes, in case it isn't evident yet, the 7OO is eagerly awaited. Specially by me.
Dear RavenAvi, I’ve been glued to your posts on this thread and the others concerning XUV 7OO. Reading up on your insider info regarding the car makes me excited since I too am a prospective buyer.

But, I wanted to ask, whether it is better to buy when the car prices are low (introductory price) or to wait for Mahindra to introduce an AX9 variant which may or may not come? The reason I want to wait is because I do not want to miss out on features like ventilated seats, front parking sensors and Auto IRVM which Mahindra might add a few months down the line.

Did your insider reveal any information regarding whether the AX7 would get ventilated seats, Auto IRVM and front parking sensor as an option? Thank you
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 00:55   #300
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
The comparison is an eye opener, if you look at what the so called premium brands offer - it can be called as a rip off. In their defense the volumes are less and perhaps components are more expensive, but it does not change the fact that an everyday 3 row crossover made by a tractor company is offering so much more.
The comparison based on engine specification just because power output looks the same on paper is pointless. 320d is way faster than XUV 7OO with a much superior 8 speed ZF transmission which alone cost more than 60 % of the XUV 7OO’s price. 0 to 100 for BMW 320d is 6.9 seconds while that of XUV7OO is just over 10 seconds as per Autocar India. Surely there is no comparison between a sub 7 second car and 10+ seconds SUV.

Last edited by anb : 21st August 2021 at 01:01.
anb is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks