Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2021, 20:58   #1531
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
A lot of feedback with regards to steering feel is very subjective and often a matter of getting used to. If you drive a Ford Ikon , you will think Polo's steering was made by Sony!! If you drive a manual steering of an Esteem, you will find all the above to be not connected to the wheels at all.
Can't agree more. I felt no such issues while testing the car may be because I already drive a car with a very light steering (Hyundai Creta - 2018 model).

If i recall the reviews that the eminent car reviewers (read AutoCar, Zigwheels etc) posted was that the steering was very responsive at high speed which I don't know if it translates to a heavy feel on the highway. Again like kosfactor said, this is purely subjective!

Last edited by Aditya : 4th October 2021 at 21:29. Reason: Grammatical error
normaltusker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 21:16   #1532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
EPS provides little to no assist at highway speeds, as far as suspension alignment is proper it will give you good feedback as any vehicle with R&P steering should.

A lot of feedback with regards to steering feel is very subjective and often a matter of getting used to. If you drive a Ford Ikon , you will think Polo's steering was made by Sony!! If you drive a manual steering of an Esteem, you will find all the above to be not connected to the wheels at all.
Absolutely and that is why I compared it to my current car, If my current car is more FTD, why would I consider something else by paying 20 lacs extra Extra features are great to have, but in the end the car should feel great to drive, which compared to my current car this did not.

This is a personal opinion, just like it is yours, and ultimately it all boils down if a certain person connects with what is on offer, for comparison Astor Steering felt to me so much better, but lot of us here might not find it great.

Last edited by AtheK : 4th October 2021 at 21:21.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 21:25   #1533

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Dealers in Mumbai quoting insurance (including zero dep) in the range of INR 1.2 lakh for the AX7 Petrol AT! This is the dictionary definition of loot. Has any BHPian managed to get better quotes, anywhere across the country? There's no way I'm paying through my nose for insurance. Add to that, the essential accessories kit in the range of 25-35k which is supposed to be "mandatory" is a travesty.

I'll gladly stick to my Hyundai Creta booking than being extorted for such hefty sums by Mahindra dealers. Wonder if this has the tacit approval of Mahindra higher-ups?
Same here the dealer quoted me rs. 1,25,000 for insurance of diesel at AX7L. The real quote should be somewhere around 75,000 as i checked with icici lombard. This is also illegal as per irda, forcing someone to buy insurance.

ALSO accessories pack is rs. 40,000, Rs. 5000 extra for road tax and the list continue s and as per dealer all this is mandatory or i will not get the car. Thats literally stealing Rs. 1,00,000 from me.

This is loot. I would rather buy harrier or safari than be looted like that. I am ready to buy an experience car but sorry i wont be looted by a company.

Went to second showroom, same story

Really disappointing there is no point in keeping the price low if dealers loot us like that.

I think we should tweet about this fraudulency and tag higher authorities of mahindra including Mr. Anand Mahindra

Attaching pics of insurance and price quote
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211004wa0002.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-16333627722927864524712555809547.jpg  

The Rider is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 22:24   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rider View Post
Same here the dealer quoted me rs. 1,25,000 for insurance of diesel at AX7L. The real quote should be somewhere around 75,000 as i checked with icici lombard. This is also illegal as per irda, forcing someone to buy insurance.

ALSO accessories pack is rs. 40,000, Rs. 5000 extra for road tax and the list continue s and as per dealer all this is mandatory or i will not get the car. Thats literally stealing Rs. 1,00,000 from me.
kindly tweet to customer care as well as Mr. Anand Mahindra Sir mentioning dealer name and details. All other people from the same dealer retweet and comment. Mr. Anand Mahindra Sir takes this very seriously and for sure you will get a resolution soon. For now, book it, and at the time of delivery log a complaint against the dealer if necessary, in case u don't get a resolution by then.
Old 4th October 2021, 22:25   #1535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Absolutely and that is why I compared it to my current car, If my current car is more FTD, why would I consider something else by paying 20 lacs extra Extra features are great to have, but in the end the car should feel great to drive, which compared to my current car this did not.
There are some vehicles like sports sedans and hot hatches that gives you more FTD factor as you pay more however crossovers may not necessarily do that (In comparison to your well driving sedan / hatch). If you try something like a BMW X1, you would be wondering where your money went and especially how much BMW you are getting.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 22:26   #1536
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There are some vehicles like sports sedans and hot hatches that gives you more FTD factor as you pay more however crossovers may not necessarily do that (In comparison to your well driving sedan / hatch). If you try something like a BMW X1, you would be wondering where your money went and especially how much BMW you are getting.
The reason I will never buy it after trying it out, and maybe the reason I might not want to buy a SUV anymore (if all of them have steering like this), though i vividly remember Fortuner steering held up well, and also why CSUV are such a rage currently

And then again to each his own

Last edited by AtheK : 4th October 2021 at 22:28.
Old 4th October 2021, 22:39   #1537

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
- Most importantly, miss all the Luxury option pack for AWD variant. I was looking forward to book the AX7 L DSL + AT + AWD. Most missed features by me in that option pack are Sony Music system, Electronics Parking, 360 Degree views.
Even AWD has automatic parking brake.

Quote:
The reason I will never buy it after trying it out, and maybe the reason I might not want to buy a SUV anymore (if all of them have steering like this), though i vividly remember Fortuner steering held up well, and also why CSUV are such a rage currently

And then again to each his own
I dont think any suv can give you the feel of a sedan or a hot hatch.Csuvs are better at driving than large suvs but still nothing compared to sedans.The body roll, unsettling nature in zag zag speed, high centre of gravity etc. are some of the things u will get in every suv may be less may be more but thats the truth.

Xuv700 should be compared to innova, harrier, hector or safari

U should go for elantra , civic, corolla or skoda Octavia in price bracket of upto 25 lakhs if fun driving is your choice

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th October 2021 at 05:58. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts at once. Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 00:17   #1538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rider View Post
I dont think any suv can give you the feel of a sedan or a hot hatch.Csuvs are better at driving than large suvs but still nothing compared to sedans.The body roll, unsettling nature in zag zag speed, high centre of gravity etc. are some of the things u will get in every suv may be less may be more but thats the truth.

Xuv700 should be compared to innova, harrier, hector or safari

U should go for elantra , civic, corolla or skoda Octavia in price bracket of upto 25 lakhs if fun driving is your choice
I am not talking about feel of a sedan but the feel of steering, I guess I digressed a bit when I said FTD, obviously a SUV can not touch a sedan in any way when it comes to driving dynamics. At the same time a SUV should not feel so lifeless to drive , also Corolla is the last thing you should consider while looking for fun driving . That said we have veered away from the topic enough and I rest my case here.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 01:44   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
TBH, I never though I want AWD until I went through this thread. I thought it is something that is of use only to offroaders.

Even now, I am not convinced I need it but will I pay 5% more for getting something that might improve safety while driving on steep, wet roads ?
Exactly my thoughts! Never considered AWD before going through this thread. I now feel it is a must for my next car. XUV7OO AWD ticks all the boxes for me except the NCAP rating for which I will wait.

However, I am not sure if I should go for Diesel since my annual run has not exceeded 6k in last 5 years. Even if it goes up in future it probably won't go beyond 8k in next few years at least (I primarily work from home). So my question to experienced members here: is it worth going for Diesel AT for AWD, especially with those DPF issues in BS6? Or should I wait for Petrol AT to come in AWD avatar.

I need an upgrade from my 2013 EcoSport DCT, which already went through couple of break-down services on the AT including full replacement of clutch assembly and TCM last year as well as a break-down service last month for the same issue. I can still wait till about mid-next year.

I know mileage will be an issue in Petrol. But since I get about 7-8 in city and about 12 on highway in EcoSport, I can live with minor dent there.
Old 5th October 2021, 02:08   #1540

Quote:
I am not talking about feel of a sedan but the feel of steering, I guess I digressed a bit when I said FTD, obviously a SUV can not touch a sedan in any way when it comes to driving dynamics. At the same time a SUV should not feel so lifeless to drive , also Corolla is the last thing you should consider while looking for fun driving . That said we have veered away from the topic enough and I rest my case here.
Agreed corolla altis just exists why, we may never know🤪.

The steering of xuv 700 is very light and that helps in city and traffic. It does weight up quite good when i tried it with high speed on highway, it does give u some response but still the steering's high speed performance is far from perfect and ageed it is not as great as that of VWs and skodas on highway, and yes lets get back on track.
The Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 02:08   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
It's 2 years for the AX7 L variant and the e-sim provider is Vodafone (very peculiar choice indeed). As replied by someone else, it is the subscription of the e-sim + adrenox features, that would be charged for after the initial 2 years, just like a regular phone sim service.
Yet to understand why these automakers are choosing Vodafone as the preferred service provider for connected features. Even Hyundai provides only Vodafone services. I guess MG recently started providing Jio, if I'm not mistaken. Wonder why Airtel isn't part of the game. Personally always had a good experience with Airtel across the country. Vodafone is AWFUL to say the least!

P.s. Wouldn't mind "renewing" the connected-car subscription if it's economical. Will have to take a call after using it to understand if it's worth it.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 05:59   #1542
Senior - BHPian

Good point, agree there. I found nothing wrong with the steering, it was fine. But suspension, I was hoping to be in the Jeep Compass league. Given, the tech is the same. I took the Jeep on very bad roads and it just soaked up everything, but in the Mahindra I could feel every bump. Suspension is on the softer side and it rocks a lot. I did this back-to-back on some horrible non-existent roads. Maybe it was too extreme for the car. The XUV700 is certainly tuned for smooth roads. Another point; few here have mentioned the base is not full flat with the last row down. I did some adjustments, set it properly and I think this amount of 'level' should be fine with anybody. Space is quite generous, and my Doggo will feel at home here
Quote:
EPS provides little to no assist at highway speeds, as far as suspension alignment is proper it will give you good feedback as any vehicle with R&P steering should. A lot of feedback with regards to steering feel is very subjective and often a matter of getting used to. If you drive a Ford Ikon , you will think Polo's steering was made by Sony!! If you drive a manual steering of an Esteem, you will find all the above to be not connected to the wheels at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_8325.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_8337.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 5th October 2021 at 06:11.
Sebring is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 08:30   #1543
Senior - BHPian

The top-end AWD should by default come with the L option in my opinion. There is no need for Mahindra to reduce the sticker shock. AWD buyer is a niche personality anyway. So Mahindra should not be worried about making him pay more. The one who wants AWD will be keen to buy it even if the price is a couple of lakhs higher. Simply because there is no other alternative. This is the cheapest AWD 7 seater.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 09:01   #1544
BHPian

Saw this youtube video and these could be apt scenarios for the XUV700 AWD

kochup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 09:14   #1545
Senior - BHPian

More XUV700 variants Incoming, something special will be revealed today.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-smartselect_20211005091434_twitter.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211005_091310.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 5th October 2021 at 09:25.
Venkatesh is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks