Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2022, 15:06   #6916
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Anybody who has been able to crack the OTF puzzle, can you shed some light.
Did a booking for AX7L P AT Silver on my name with OTF23C0017XX which was then cancelled by the dealer and converted to my Company Name with OTF23E0006XX.

The ending number value has reduced significantly, but the alphabet has also changed from C to E.
Also, was informed by the dealer that M&M is prioritising B2B sales over B2C.
RabidBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 15:30   #6917

Re: Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review

Hi everyone - I had booked my vehicle (AX7 Diesel Automatic) February last week and delivery date give to me was October 2023. On July 25th (or around that day) I got a call from an unknown number in the evening which I deliberately ignored. Later I called back on that number (which I usually don't do) in 5 minutes to know that it was a call from Mahindra dealership, and they wanted to know if I could take the delivery in next 10 days. I was myself not prepared, hadn't worked on the economics, so I asked if I could respond in a couple of days’ times. They politely said to confirm in a couple of hours, or they would call someone else. After talking to my wife, I told the salesman that I was okay to take the delivery. Finally, I got my car on August 13th, exactly one month ago.

Tomorrow my vehicle will go for first servicing and by now I have driven 800 Kms (approx.) - 400 KMs on highway and remaining within the city (Hyderabad). I thought of posting a few quick comments about my experience so far.

Positives
1. Great pick-up, you confidently overtake vehicles on highways
2. My vehicle is diesel automatic; the cabin is very silent (not completely, which is obvious)
3. ADAS, cruise control, lane assist etc. features work well on highways. But please don't take your hands off the steering and make videos like many are doing these days
4. Great comfort on long drives
5. Found 3rd row decent enough for someone who is 5ft 6 inches or 7 inches. During a small road trip, my brother-in-law (who is 5 7") and a small kid were sitting in the 3rd row during the entire journey, and they never complained

Negatives
1. Operating the door lock button on driver side door is not very convenient. The placement of the buttons could have been better. You need to lift your right-hand elbow uncomfortably to reach the door lock button
2. I have felt that sometimes rear camera and sensors don't work while reversing the vehicle. You need to put the vehicle in neutral and then reverse again. May be some technical glitch, will get these checked during first servicing

Regrets
1. I am missing dash camera the most. Also, while turning, moving your head to left to look at the left mirror is a task in a vehicle of this side. ORVM camera really make driving easier. For these features, I wish I had gone for the AX7 L. Hoping that Mahindra come up with these accessories for AX7 variant
XUV_700_Owner is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 17:20   #6918
BHPian

So I went for the Map update today that was pending (Latest v2021.11) and guess what?

There are 2 more new updates that have arrived by Mahindra. These updates have just come in today with more info pending. I was told they should release more details shortly on which series these updates will go into but was told it's most likely some bug fixes and every other day these updates are coming in.

Guess we'll have to visit again in some time (actually, it can be skipped since it isn't major until the next service/2nd key delivery).

If only this was just available online for us to download to our flash drives to do it ourselves, that would've saved everyone time and fuel, and eased the overall process for at least those that understand tech and can do it. Sigh!
Smartomotive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 18:15   #6919
BHPian

Another quick one for folks in Bangalore. Where does one pick up a good ‘Ganesh ji’ idol for the car. I’ve been in Bombay these last 18 years and picked them up from Siddhivinayak temple. Haven’t done online. So any help is appreciated. Didn’t quite like the quality of what I saw on Amazon by the look of it.
DevSoms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 18:39   #6920
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
So I went for the Map update today that was pending (Latest v2021.11) and guess what?

There are 2 more new updates that have arrived by Mahindra. These updates have just come in today with more info pending. I was told they should release more details shortly on which series these updates will go into but was told it's most likely some bug fixes and every other day these updates are coming in.
. Sigh!
Where can we find details related to these updates?
Old 12th September 2022, 18:48   #6921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSoms View Post
Another quick one for folks in Bangalore. Where does one pick up a good ‘Ganesh ji’ idol for the car. I’ve been in Bombay these last 18 years and picked them up from Siddhivinayak temple. Haven’t done online. So any help is appreciated. Didn’t quite like the quality of what I saw on Amazon by the look of it.
Since I don't change my idols often and the purchase of the cars were known before hand, I picked my idols from Pune next to Dagdu Sheth temple.
normaltusker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 19:30   #6922
BHPian

After CarPlay installation,whenever I make/receive a call,people at the other end complain that my voice is not audible as it used to be. Anyone else facing the same issue?
Old 12th September 2022, 21:48   #6923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure of a particular shop/area known for getting ganesha idol, I guess dealer or online are the two options we Bengaluru folks go for
If it helps, I have this one and pretty happy with the quality. https://amzn.eu/d/16Kq95C
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 21:58   #6924

Quote:
I got one from Sapna Book House, there are many outlets in Bangalore. I was looking for a simple and small idol (less than an inch).
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220802wa0066.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220730wa0040.jpg  

KishKush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 22:15   #6925
BHPian

Got Apple Carplay installed today. Am most excited. I think I'm going to sleep in the car only tonight :-)

I initially went to Automotive Manufacturers Jeedimetla, Hyderabad, for the installation of Apple Carplay on 10 Sep.
Got a very cold and rude response, inspite of prebooking (after all we are customers =burden). Waited for 2 hours for someone to commence work on my car. Finally when someone came, he rudely told me that he can't install the software in my presence. So I brought back my car.

Scouted for another budding Mahindra Workshop and found good reviews of Neon Mahindra Workshop, Hyderabad.
Booked an appointment and landed up up on the given time. Neon is a no-fuss Workshop. I was received, docketed and Carplay updating commenced in under 15 min.
Cotek was very knowledgeable, quick, confident and polite.

Procedure followed:-
He first updated the software to 10 point something.
He then updated maps to to the latest version (I forget the number)
Then he disconnected and reconnected the battery...Voila Apple Carplay is working.
He took another few minutes to teach me a few things about the app.
He also updated the AC software.

When I pointed out that AC temperature does not show on the Apple maps or Android auto screen, he showed me that it does indeed show the temperature when we increase or decrease the temperature (while in auto mode). Maybe it stems from the current update now and that feels awesome.

I got out of the Workshop, duly satisfied, in 1 hour 58 minutes. Wish such professionalism exists in all spheres.

Tips learnt today:-
After this installation, if I press the "speak" button on the left side spoke of the steering wheel once, I invoke Alexa. And if I long-press the speak button, Siri comes up saying "Hmm".
Now I can ask Siri to send a message thus:
Me: Hey Siri
Siri: Hmm
Me: Send a whatsapp message to "My Family"
Siri: What should I send?
Me: Reaching home at two fifteen pm
Siri: ok, your message to My Family reads Reaching home at two fifteen pm. Should I send the message
Me: Yes
Siri: Message sent

I get the feeling Siri likes me.

I tried "Alexa take me home"
Alexa asks me to configure "home" in the Alexa app.
I did so, but it keeps repeating the same message even after several re-boots.
I conclude that Alexa doesn't like me.
I am surely going to squeal to Cotek about her next time.

Overall, very satisfied with the works done today.
ColAjayDrives is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 23:12   #6926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KishKush View Post
I got one from Sapna Book House, there are many outlets in Bangalore. I was looking for a simple and small idol (less than an inch).
Thanks so much for this. My office is at Indiranagar and there’s one store there. Will check it out.
Old 13th September 2022, 00:54   #6927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Where can we find details related to these updates?
No details yet. Even they don't have full info, the tech guy said they got it today only (while downloading the map package) but more details are yet to arrive, otherwise he would've flashed my car with the latest updates if he had more info

Wait for a few days and check. If someone is yet to get their Apple CarPlay update, then might as well go after a few days to get the latest and probably with some bug fixes.
Smartomotive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 12:36   #6928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUV_700_Owner View Post
Hi everyone - I had booked my vehicle (AX7 Diesel Automatic) February last week and delivery date give to me was October 2023.
====
Finally, I got my car on August 13th, exactly one month ago.
Congratulations !! That was really quick. Which showroom in Hyderabad did you book?

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th September 2022 at 13:10. Reason: Trimming quoted posts
Old 13th September 2022, 13:17   #6929
BHPian

For those interested , an AX5 Diesel AT in Red Rage is available at a dealer in Hubli.
Old 13th September 2022, 13:59   #6930

Thanks I booked at VVC Motors in Gachibowli (Nanakramguda)
XUV_700_Owner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks