Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2022, 15:58   #706

Re: Skoda Slavia Review

I test drove the Slavia 1.5 AT and Virtus 1.5 AT (GT) back to back for a comparison on ride and handling and here's an important point of differentiation for the enthusiasts.

While Virtus is definitely the better looking car of the two..inside & out, it is the Slavia that is much more confidence inspiring. The brakes have a much better bite on speed run and steering is much more nimble on busy streets. Ride is more or less the same for the two.

I was honestly hoping for Virtus to win to make it a no-brainer choice but its the baby Octy. No bias here but having driven the new Octavia few months back - I can tell you Slavia inherits the good qualities of Octavia and that too few bucks lesser than Virtus.

For those living in NCR, VW NOIDA(where I test drove Virtus) have put a poster at entrance that says - They are sold out on Virtus for 2022 and the sales guy would say - "Sir, I can try and get you Virtus provided you give full payment before hand. " While at Brite Skoda, NOIDA - the sales person came across much more genuine and provided with a time frame of 4-6 weeks depending on the colour" P.S. I test drove the cars for a friend of mine who was confused between the two. Ofcourse, I drew great pleasure in helping him
CarKid@40 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 22:59   #707
Distinguished - BHPian

Wrapped the roof gloss black which was a long pending activity since I never liked the black sunroof portion, black antenna and a white roof. Looked very odd to my eyes. Now the entire roof looks uniform Used 3M 2080 series vinyl but it isnt as glossy as I expected it to be. Will apply PPF to get the same gloss as the rest of the car.

Skoda Slavia Review-d89365ac93d84dca9621100ab610182a.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-ef6d01f86aec4ad59b4fb14bcbf50171.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-852363ee512c4956a697997ac0d05368.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-1ec63f4e393c40dd95bffddb18af9982.jpeg
audioholic is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 05:27   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Wrapped the roof gloss black which was a long pending activity since I never liked the black sunroof portion, black antenna and a white roof. Looked very odd to my eyes. Now the entire roof looks uniform Used 3M 2080 series vinyl but it isnt as glossy as I expected it to be. Will apply PPF to get the same gloss as the rest of the car.
Nice! Damages?
And how's the AC holding up with the blacked out roof? Any notable difference?
ridehard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 06:46   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks good. You could try getting the mirror also wrapped in black. It will complement well with the roof.
sunikkat is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 08:01   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarKid@40 View Post

While Virtus is definitely the better looking car of the two..inside & out, it is the Slavia that is much more confidence inspiring. The brakes have a much better bite on speed run and steering is much more nimble on busy streets. Ride is more or less the same for the two.

I was honestly hoping for Virtus to win to make it a no-brainer choice but its the baby Octy.
Can you share what was the approximate odo reading of the Virtus and Slavia?

If the Odometer reading of the Virtus is too low, say less than 500kms, chances are that the protective coating on the tire wouldn't have worn off making the steering feedback, grip and braking distances sub optimal. Usually the tire break in is completed only after 2000kms from my experience with 3 different brands on the same car.

It's unlikely that the braking hardware and steering assembly differ in both the cars while the shock absorbers can be different as we have seen in the Vento/Rapid. But that has distinct differences in the ride quality and even part number.
Old 29th June 2022, 10:28   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Looks great especially on a white car.

I personally could never do this since I live in Chennai. It would make the car way hotter in Summer and with mixed reviews coming in for the Slavia's AC's performance it would be a scary proposition.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 13:16   #712
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
Nice! Damages?
And how's the AC holding up with the blacked out roof? Any notable difference?
I got the vinyl for 5.5k for 30 sft. Labour was free since it was a DIY. The vinyl was on the expensive side but for the roof cheaper vinyls are a pain to install. 3M quality of gloss isnt that great but their pressure sensitive adhesive cut the deal for me since installation is very easy with the special adhesive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Looks great especially on a white car.

I personally could never do this since I live in Chennai. It would make the car way hotter in Summer and with mixed reviews coming in for the Slavia's AC's performance it would be a scary proposition.
Cant comment on AC performance yet but there is good gap between the roof and the headliner due to the presence of the sunroof. So this must insulate most of the heat coming from the roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Looks good. You could try getting the mirror also wrapped in black. It will complement well with the roof.
The mirrors were in line but like I mentioned I didnt like the gloss offered by the vinyl. Hence didnt go ahead with it.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 19:55   #713
BHPian

Whats the verdict on fuel efficiency in city conditions?
karanskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 09:27   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanskumar View Post
Whats the verdict on fuel efficiency in city conditions?
I see you are from Hyderabad so here’s what I get on my Slavia 1.0 AT with 4000+ kms on odo.

Morning traffic around 8-9 AM from Secunderabad area to Hitech city area gives around 11-12 kmpl.

Evening 4-5 PM gives around 9-10 depending upon the traffic conditions.

If it’s continuous stop and go traffic where you will be in gear 1/2, you can expect 8~

Note: all these numbers are from odo with auto ac all the time.
punto_ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 10:27   #715
Senior - BHPian

Highest ever monthly sales for Skoda. Glad to see the upward trend.
Guess India 2.0 is working for them, definitely bringing in numbers. Hope it sustain like this.

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut.../2579584/lite/

Last edited by sunikkat : 2nd July 2022 at 10:30.
sunikkat is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 21:36   #716
BHPian

Two questions on my mind.

1. Any news on when Škoda will have normalised supple chain? a.k.a. When can we expect to get the 10 inch screen back also JG with amplifier and subwoofer

2. It was mentioned that Škoda is working to differentiate the Slavia 1.5 (like Virtus does). When does that happen?
attrip2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 11:26   #717
Distinguished - BHPian

Absolutely pathetic state of affairs at TAFE

So I have been waiting for the 3D mats for my car from more than a month. But until now, only blank responses and tentative dates. This after escalating all the way till their customer relations head.

I only hope they learn a thing or two from Maruti or Toyota with whom I have had nothing but an excellent experience at least with sales and such topics.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 14:31   #718
BHPian

Quote:

So I have been waiting for the 3D mats for my car from more than a month. But until now, only blank responses and tentative dates. This after escalating all the way till their customer relations head.

I only hope they learn a thing or two from Maruti or Toyota with whom I have had nothing but an excellent experience at least with sales and such topics.
That’s really bad. Not sure how they cannot get small things right. I faced similar issue and ended up going to service center and picking it up. They had them in stock.
Did you try the service center?
Old 5th July 2022, 12:37   #719
BHPian

Quote:

Are those included as standard accessories or do you have to pay for them? If so, how much??
Old 5th July 2022, 13:04   #720
BHPian

Got Graphene coating and also dechromed few of the bits, both from Schimmer, Kochi.

From the detailing studio:

Skoda Slavia Review-graphene_front_1.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-graphene_front_2.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-graphene_rear_1.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-graphene_rear_2.jpeg

Out in the rain:

Skoda Slavia Review-first-rain_front.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-first-rain_rear.jpeg

Really shiny now:

Skoda Slavia Review-slavia-outside_1.jpg

Skoda Slavia Review-slavia-outside_2.jpeg

Skoda Slavia Review-slavia-outside_3.jpeg