Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2023, 17:51   #361
BHPian

Re: Honda City Hybrid Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiChaithanya View Post
Any idea, is the 2023 hybrid model still a CKD for both V & ZX variants? How this is different in build quality compared to domestic production models?
I’ve seen non-hybrid physically but didn’t get confidence on the build quality as against Virtus/Slavia.

And, how about the price for changing battery in case of usage beyond 1.6 lakh kilometres/8 years or if decrease in battery life?

I’m working on cost break even as I’m planning for heavy usage post purchase.
I'm not sure if it can be called CKD as such, I have read many of the engine and transmission components are imported, not sure if the whole car is CKD. But certainly the suspension setup is different due to the additional weight and probably the presence of rear disc brakes.
Heard in one of the Thai reviews that the battery costs around 1600 dollars.

If you are looking for a sedan with lots of running this might be a no brainer. Virtus/Slavia can't be trusted in the reliability department and you will nowhere get near the mileage of HEV.
jaysonline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 16:52   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkarora View Post
Do we know if the eHev has also received any updates as part of March 2 facelift ? Also, is it possible to replace the existing display system and upgrade to something better available in the after market.
The updates are available for ehev as well. Waiting for YT reviews for detailed updates. One major update will be an e20 compatible engine.
I am driving eHev since May 2022 and have stopped myself from doing any upgrades in electric components.
Old 11th March 2023, 19:52   #363
BHPian

Any idea if there is a tax rebate or discounts applicable if City hybrid car is bought from Gurgaon? I had read some news last year that Haryana govt. has introduced some incentives but when I had casually checked at that time in a Honda showroom and they had not received any such directives.
Is there an news on this ?
Old 13th March 2023, 11:20   #364
BHPian

To address the lack of low and middle end torgue in hybrid model, is it possible to do any mods (ex. ECU Map)?? will it have any negative effects on its functioning???
Old 13th March 2023, 11:25   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsam View Post
To address the lack of low and middle end torgue in hybrid model, is it possible to do any mods (ex. ECU Map)?? will it have any negative effects on its functioning???
The Hybrid has very good low and middle torque already. I have a Hybrid and it pulls really strongly throughout the rev range.

The electric Motors provides significant push at low and mid ranges already.
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 12:38   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
The Hybrid has very good low and middle torque already. I have a Hybrid and it pulls really strongly throughout the rev range.

The electric Motors provides significant push at low and mid ranges already.
Thanks Traveler for the prompt response. Just wanted to address the point raised by various members and online reviewers that in comparison to say Virtus GT, how could the driving pleasure improved without considerable sacrifice on mileage front.
Old 13th March 2023, 12:47   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsam View Post
Thanks Traveler for the prompt response. Just wanted to address the point raised by various members and online reviewers that in comparison to say Virtus GT, how could the driving pleasure improved without considerable sacrifice on mileage front.
The Virtus ansld Slavia are pure ICE engines with no hybrid powertrain. They also have DSG gearboxes and turbo engines. Outrightly they pack a bigger punch in power output.

Having said that the performance comes at the cost of fuel efficiency and also both the cars are a poor reflection of their lineage. Cost cutting is evident everywhere and the Indianisation of the platform clearly shows.

City Hybrid is no slouch either but delivers the performance more linearly but still manages 0 to 100 in about 10 seconds. Plus the ride quality, fuel efficiency , braking and overall package feels more premium. The ADAS features are a cherry on top and work very nicely.

In Bangalore traffic I routinely get 19.5 and up in terms of efficiency. The torque is really strong and the rubberband effect of CVT is absent.

It may look like a City but doesn't behave like one at all.
Traveler is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 20:35   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

In Bangalore traffic I routinely get 19.5 and up in terms of efficiency. The torque is really strong and the rubberband effect of CVT is absent.

It may look like a City but doesn't behave like one at all.
I am considering City Hybrid as my next car, but the mighty speed breakers of Bangalore have me worried. How has your experience been with respect to the GC. Do you need to baby the car a lot around potholes or speed breakers?
Old 20th March 2023, 00:41   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchex7 View Post
I am considering City Hybrid as my next car, but the mighty speed breakers of Bangalore have me worried. How has your experience been with respect to the GC. Do you need to baby the car a lot around potholes or speed breakers?
I haven't faced any scraping at speed breakers yet. I admit I am usually the single occupant most of the times, however during my Goa trip the car was fully loaded with three passengers and it did not scrape.

One thing I noticed is that if you take the bumps directly with the wheel going over it then it does not scrape but if you try to swallow the bump with both wheels on the sides then there is a good chance that the engine protector will scrape. I scraped it once.

I am on stock tyres and don't particularly baby the car , I just drive consciously around broken roads, unlike my previous Pajero which had made me unconscious of the road beneath

One thing you will love about it is the utterly butterly smooth ride quality. Nothing else compares to it. Totally stress free.

Last edited by Traveler : 20th March 2023 at 00:43.
Old 28th March 2023, 17:25   #370
BHPian

I moved to Delhi for work and school, my daily commute on most days pushes 100 kms. I was driving a Hyundai venue 1 litre turbo which it turns out is a guzzler in traffic. So
I decided to sell it and booked a Honda city hybrid and would be taking delivery on the 2nd of April. Would write a review once I get my hands on it. For now I am just excited about the mileage, would be much better that 10 kmpl that my venue delivers.
Bimmer_Sage is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 17:35   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Sage View Post
I moved to Delhi for work and school, my daily commute on most days pushes 100 kms. I was driving a Hyundai venue 1 litre turbo which it turns out is a guzzler in traffic. So
I decided to sell it and booked a Honda city hybrid and would be taking delivery on the 2nd of April. Would write a review once I get my hands on it. For now I am just excited about the mileage, would be much better that 10 kmpl that my venue delivers.
Welcome to the club. I am certain you will get above 20kmpl. I get 19 to 20 in Bangalore with short trips and very bad traffic. In Delhi the roads are wider and traffic moves faster. Plus if you are doing Delhi gurgoan or Noida trips then the mileage will increase further.
Old 28th March 2023, 18:18   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your new buy. Even in Delhi's choc-a-block traffic I have never got a mileage of less than 22 Kmpl on my City Hybrid, so you will definitely experience a much better overall efficiency.
kush812 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 17:45   #373
BHPian

I was wondering if one needs to upgrade tyres on the hybrid variant. If indeed tyres should be replaced with a bigger size then which size will work best?
Old 1st April 2023, 11:09   #374
BHPian

Quote:
I was wondering if one needs to upgrade tyres on the hybrid variant. If indeed tyres should be replaced with a bigger size then which size will work best?
Definitely the tyres need to be upgraded the stock tyres will perform ok for most conditions but this car demands better tyres because of all the torque available.
I have upgraded to 195/60/R16 but I think 205/55/R16 would be better and will provide better grip.
kush812 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 17:46   #375
BHPian

So took delivery of the car yesterday. Got the tyres upgraded to 205/50/R16.
Drove some 200 kms yesterday
Attaching pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City Hybrid Review-c0ed8fe306ce4ecdb90517b3743e7320.jpeg  

Honda City Hybrid Review-1732e88c6832441d810eb9445e33102b.jpeg  

Honda City Hybrid Review-782437f521554578b2346e3272930edd.jpeg  

Honda City Hybrid Review-ba7117d19eb04e748ddff3f996a1d613.jpeg  

Bimmer_Sage is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks