Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2023, 11:23   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Hyundai Verna Turbo DCT real world fuel economy tested.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-smartselect_20230502112124_chrome.jpg

Quote:
even in Eco mode (its most efficient setting), the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine felt light on its feet with linear responses. This led to a city fuel efficiency of 10.76kpl.
Quote:
With ample torque in reserve and linear acceleration, the Verna performs highway duties equally effortlessly and returned 16.05kpl.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 2nd May 2023 at 11:25.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 00:00   #167

Finally got the new Verna delivered (1.5 Turbo SXO, Black).

Some initial thoughts:

Drive
- Pretty impressed with the suspension set-up for city driving. Takes bumps and speed breakers so well, that I was pretty surprised. The suspension doesn't make any noise whatsoever unless it's a significant bump.

- While high speed stability is pretty good in straight line, it still is behind the VW twins. With that being said, for me personally, it was pretty satisfactory considering I usually drive the Next gen verna 1.6D and this is definitely an upgrade

- The steering feedback is an upgrade from previous gen but still way behind in the segment. I wish it had the steering feedback of the older Fords.

- The exhaust note when you are speeding and the engine is revving is pretty sweet. Damn this car is fast. You won't realize how fast you are going until you actually see the speedo.

Interiors
- Well, I do think the interiors, the quality and the fit and finish is segment leading. I used to find the dual screen set up not so likeable but once you actually use it/see it while driving the car, you won't get bothered by the bezels and it is pleasing to see and look at.

- The seats are pretty comfy, both front and back; would rank it just behind the City in this regard.

Current annoying points
- You can't seem close the OVRMs if you are not driving below 20 km/hr which is quite weird.
- Even after switching off the relevant ADAS functions, it still keeps on saying "children ahead" which is very intrusive.

Will share more thoughts and better pictures as I am taking the car to the hills tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-whatsapp-image-20230505-23.46.08.jpeg  

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-whatsapp-image-20230505-23.46.08-1.jpeg  

v.bhomawat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 11:09   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.bhomawat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxton07 View Post
Got our Verna 1.5TGDi-Tellurian brown a week back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post
Finally got Lelantus today. Starry night 1.5 TGDI DCT SXO.
Congratulations to all! Wish you many happy miles.
One question - were you able to get insurance from outside or had to take dealer’s insurance? Any scope for negotiation?
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 11:16   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
One question - were you able to get insurance from outside or had to take dealer’s insurance? Any scope for negotiation?
Thanks. I got quotes from outside and worked with the dealer on getting a better deal. Took it from the dealer as Hyundai insurance was better (my personal opinion)
Grand Tourer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 11:23   #170

Quote:
Negotiated quite a bit but the dealer could still not match the quote I had from outside.

Plus, the only advantage of taking it from Hyundai is unlimited claims. I have never taken more than 1 xlqim in a year, despite of having unlimited claims from the past 3 years for my other Verna.
v.bhomawat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 17:09   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for ur wishes.

My dealer initially quoted 81k B2B for my variant. When I said about getting the insurance from outside, he gave me a 25k OD discount. Since the price was much lower, I obliged by taking insurance from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.bhomawat View Post

Current annoying points
- You can't seem close the OVRMs if you are not driving below 20 km/hr which is quite weird.
- Even after switching off the relevant ADAS functions, it still keeps on saying "children ahead" which is very intrusive.
Congrats for your new ride!

To disable that annoying "Children ahead", go to SETTINGS-->NAVIGATION-->ALERTS-->SAFETY ALERTS-->DAYTIME/NIGHT-->Disable SCHOOL ZONE

Last edited by Maxton07 : 6th May 2023 at 17:10.
Maxton07 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 17:13   #172
BHPian

Quote:
To disable that annoying "Children ahead", go to SETTINGS-->NAVIGATION-->ALERTS-->SAFETY ALERTS-->DAYTIME/NIGHT-->Disable SCHOOL ZONE
Thanks Maxton07 for this. I've been wondering why does it keep alerting for kids when I see only adults around
Grand Tourer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 19:32   #173
BHPian

What the hell did I see? Does the Verna corners so well that it outruns the competition? Discussions ON D

Watch from 1.00 minute

Last edited by Maxton07 : 6th May 2023 at 19:34.
Old 6th May 2023, 21:00   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What the hell did I see? Does the Verna corners so well that it outruns the competition? Discussions ON D

Watch from 1.00 minute
https://Youtu.be/cSJ8mfgNSQs

There's one factor that's damn critical yet completely ignored - tire compounds. To really differentiate between two cars, it needs to have the same compound of tires with similar wear in order to ensure the protective coating in the tire is completely removed.

Nevertheless, not bad for the new Verna.
Turbohead is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 21:19   #175

Quote:

Watch from 1.00 minute
https://Youtu.be/cSJ8mfgNSQs
Damn! Did not see this coming.

Also, thanks for the info on the children's crossing disablement!
Old 6th May 2023, 21:36   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post
Thanks. I got quotes from outside and worked with the dealer on getting a better deal. Took it from the dealer as Hyundai insurance was better (my personal opinion)
Congrats on your new ride Grand Tourer.

I'm just told by my dealer (Trident) that they have an SX(O) DCT that they can assign to me. Want to negotiate on the insurance to get the best deal. Can you please provide the details of the insurance deal you got? Basically the insurer, add-ons, premium amount (essentially a screenshot of the policy invoice/document blanking out the policy number and other personal details) would be really helpful. Thanks!
Old 6th May 2023, 22:20   #177
Senior - BHPian

More comparison reviews are out

Old 7th May 2023, 09:22   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Hi.. I have taken Acko for 36K ( SX DCT). Dealer quote initially was 78k and his last offer was 56K. Still saves 20K. Have a great experience with Acko on my existing car ( no way related to Acko. Just a happy customer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerK View Post
Congrats on your new ride Grand Tourer.

I'm just told by my dealer (Trident) that they have an SX(O) DCT that they can assign to me. Want to negotiate on the insurance to get the best deal. Can you please provide the details of the insurance deal you got? Basically the insurer, add-ons, premium amount (essentially a screenshot of the policy invoice/document blanking out the policy number and other personal details) would be really helpful. Thanks!
The dealer may try to sell Insurance, accessories as a pre requisite to the deal, sensing you are keen to buy. Tell them you are talking to other dealers as well. In my case, I paid only for ex showroom, RTO, fastag and thats it. ( mine was a similar case, I didn't book in advance. Just kept in touch with various dealers on stock availability)

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 14th May 2023 at 13:44. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
FAIAAA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 13:20   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIAAA View Post
Hi.. I have taken Acko for 36K ( SX DCT). Dealer quote initially was 78k and his last offer was 56K. Still saves 20K. Have a great experience with Acko on my existing car ( no way related to Acko. Just a happy customer)
That's almost 50% less compared to what dealer is charging.
What add on covers did you opt for with acko?
Old 7th May 2023, 13:29   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIAAA View Post
What all things are covered under this ? I got the following for SXO Turbo MT @88k on print, with 25k overall discount.
Zero dep, engine protection
Consumables
Return to invoice
Personal belongings
Key protection

Overall I had to shall out 19.83 lacs for the car in Karnataka.
15.74 lacs ex showroom
15.74k TCS
3.02 lacs road tax
2.6k registration
88k insurance

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 14th May 2023 at 13:44. Reason: typos

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks