Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2012, 00:21   #4861
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post

Since the ban is on dark films, how dark is dark? Its a subjective decision, also depending on the ambient light.
Thanks, but just to correct you, the Ban is on Sun films(Dark & Light both).
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 01:04   #4862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Thanks, but just to correct you, the Ban is on Sun films(Dark & Light both).
Thanks Asdon, I was quoting from here:

Remove sun film on cars by May 19 - The Times of India

They just used words like "dark film" and "black film". May be I did not read through.

Last edited by autocrat : 7th May 2012 at 01:06.
Old 7th May 2012, 18:47   #4863
BHPian

just to correct some of the members, i feel that we are digressing from the topic. Coming back to the topic, FIAT cars are really wonderful but the service bites you alot. Firstly the service advisors are not very keen to help and serve you secondly the spares parts shortage and thirdly the untrained technicians at TASC. All these things hurt you badly often wondering if you have taken a correct decision. Otherwise IMHO FIAT cars are better built thatn skoda and VW.
Old 7th May 2012, 22:54   #4864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978
just to correct some of the members, i feel that we are digressing from the topic. Coming back to the topic, FIAT cars are really wonderful but the service bites you alot. Firstly the service advisors are not very keen to help and serve you secondly the spares parts shortage and thirdly the untrained technicians at TASC. All these things hurt you badly often wondering if you have taken a correct decision. Otherwise IMHO FIAT cars are better built thatn skoda and VW.
I am not sure you can generalize that. I have said this before and saying it again, I have had really good experience with Fiat service. I also have a Ford and when compared i think Fiat is better in my experience. I am sure Maruti and Hyundai have better network.. But does that mean better service, I am not sure.. At least in Bangalore I think they are pretty decent.
Old 8th May 2012, 01:09   #4865
Senior - BHPian

My BIL reported seeing 10-12 Puntos in a convoy yesterday going in the Thrissur direction, with some stickers on. Does anyone here know if it was some event organized by Fiat or some Fiat owners group? Was any BHPian involved?
Old 8th May 2012, 02:45   #4866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
My BIL reported seeing 10-12 Puntos in a convoy yesterday going in the Thrissur direction, with some stickers on. Does anyone here know if it was some event organized by Fiat or some Fiat owners group? Was any BHPian involved?
Yes, there was a Fiat meet at Athirappilly. I don't have details, but saw pictures in FB.

Thanks,
Jose.
josejoseph is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 11:18   #4867
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

Its been a while since i posted anything in Punto thread or my ownership thread. My TW Punto is doing absolutely fine and have compelted 21k kms in 14 months. Have driven it on different terrains over this 14 months and have not faced any issues what so ever.

Yesterday i got a call from a executive from Fiat that they would like to have someone come to my house to inspect the car and take in feedback / complaints / issues from my end if any. Upon agreeing to their request, i got a call from local dealer ASPI and they fixed the time as per my convenience.

Today morning 10 am a person from ASPI / FIAT came to my residence and checked the car for any problems or any particular areas of wear and tear. I also pointed out the loose glove box cover, to which he took some pics and made a note in his form and has asked me to get the car to the service center and they will try their best to rectify that. Other thing i pointed out was the horrible quality of OEM speakers and to my surprise he showed me other customers feedback forms & almost 7 / 10 had pointed the same.

What i would like to highlight here is, in our car ownership experience of various brands / cars over the last 15-20 years, we have never ever had a company person like this come to our place to inspect our car and take our feedback / comments / suggestions. This is impressive and i am happy to rate Fiat 10/10 for this service and making such a wonderful car.

Also every point that we discussed was duely noted in a proper manner.

Regards,
h@r$h@l is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th May 2012, 04:34   #4868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hello All,

Its been a while since i posted anything in Punto thread or my ownership thread. My TW Punto is doing absolutely fine and have compelted 21k kms in 14 months. Have driven it on different terrains over this 14 months and have not faced any issues what so ever.

Yesterday i got a call from a executive from Fiat that they would like to have someone come to my house to inspect the car and take in feedback / complaints / issues from my end if any. Upon agreeing to their request, i got a call from local dealer ASPI and they fixed the time as per my convenience.

Today morning 10 am a person from ASPI / FIAT came to my residence and checked the car for any problems or any particular areas of wear and tear. I also pointed out the loose glove box cover, to which he took some pics and made a note in his form and has asked me to get the car to the service center and they will try their best to rectify that. Other thing i pointed out was the horrible quality of OEM speakers and to my surprise he showed me other customers feedback forms & almost 7 / 10 had pointed the same.

What i would like to highlight here is, in our car ownership experience of various brands / cars over the last 15-20 years, we have never ever had a company person like this come to our place to inspect our car and take our feedback / comments / suggestions. This is impressive and i am happy to rate Fiat 10/10 for this service and making such a wonderful car.

Also every point that we discussed was duely noted in a proper manner.

Regards,
Adding to this, yesterday I received a call from a representative of Fiat Automobiles from Italy. It took me a good 5 mins to come to terms that I was actually talking to a Fiat employee from Italy not just a survey company within India (I have already been called by JD Power for their survey). The man spoke with a distinct Italian accent and asked all sorts of questions, with the primary focus on being any problems encountered with the car and it 's components. He went through a long list of parts and asked if any problem was found, I replied in negative since the car has been flawless so far.

They indeed are making efforts to improve their customer experience and ensuring repeat customers. Let's see how this bears fruit now that they divorced TATA.
Old 11th May 2012, 09:05   #4869
BHPian

Do we have any idea about this news Fiat India?

Looks like they are pressing real hard.
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2012, 09:18   #4870
Senior - BHPian

Guys who own Emotion Pack /'12 Emotion/ 90 HP Puntos (with 195 section tyres) and face rattles, what tyre pressure do you maintain?

The tyre placard on the car says 32psi, but the manual suggests 29psi for medium loads and 32psi ONLY for full loads. Try this, the ride quality is much much better.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 11th May 2012 at 09:20.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2012, 09:44   #4871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Your BIL saw the Cochin - Athirappally drive as part of the All Kerala Team Fiat meet on May 6th. In total there were around 25 Fiat cars.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_0460.jpg
nkg77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2012, 11:47   #4872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Do we have any idea about this news Fiat India?
Looks like they are pressing real hard.
Does seem to be very true. So the drive towards independent showrooms has indeed started, not just on paper ! Saw this news article which would further confirm the same. M/s Tejaswi Motors is the new Fiat India dealership in Hyderabad | Rush Lane

Hope they start an exclusive dealership in Bangalore as early as possible. There were some reliable info about the same sometime back!

EDIT: Came across this news article in business line.. May be we can expect more models from FIAT sooner than later: Business Line : Companies News : Fiat open to more models, diesel engines

Last edited by sandsun7 : 11th May 2012 at 11:54.
Old 11th May 2012, 20:12   #4873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Guys who own Emotion Pack /'12 Emotion/ 90 HP Puntos (with 195 section tyres) and face rattles, what tyre pressure do you maintain?

The tyre placard on the car says 32psi, but the manual suggests 29psi for medium loads and 32psi ONLY for full loads. Try this, the ride quality is much much better.
Hi, i drive a Emotion MJD and whenever i visit the Gas station for a Fill i promptly check the air pressure and top up to 32 psi say from 28 to 32, immediately, i feel the steering feedback to be much more lighter and easier to maneuver, will it not make sense to maintain that pressure even if i am on minimal loads (one person), in the interest of reducing the rolling resistance by keeping a fully inflated Tyre.

Any one has an idea of what the gross vehcile weight of the Punto MJD is ? compared to the Gross vehcile weight of All new Honda City ?
Old 11th May 2012, 20:37   #4874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
Hi, i drive a Emotion MJD and whenever i visit the Gas station for a Fill i promptly check the air pressure and top up to 32 psi say from 28 to 32, immediately, i feel the steering feedback to be much more lighter and easier to maneuver, will it not make sense to maintain that pressure even if i am on minimal loads (one person), in the interest of reducing the rolling resistance by keeping a fully inflated Tyre.

Any one has an idea of what the gross vehcile weight of the Punto MJD is ? compared to the Gross vehcile weight of All new Honda City ?
I run 35 psi dry Nitrogen in YOKO C drives and it feels much better and planted than 32 psi i was using in the OE GT3s
Old 12th May 2012, 12:21   #4875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post

Is it? I have a 90hp and I always fill 31 psi. I dint really bother to check the manual and always used to refer to the placard on the B pillar. And yes, my car rattles.

I will try filling 29 psi but will it have any adverse affects on the tyre?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks