Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2011, 17:19   #1981
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatverma1979 View Post
Even i got great FE on my previous highway run.
From Nagpur to Raipur and back, Roads were great. Doing constant 110-120 kmph and with 100 % AC on i got 16.9 kmpl, which i think is awesome as i hardly went below 100kmph.
Most gear upshifts at around 2-2.5 k rpm give me acceptable FE even in city...hovering around 14kmpl with 50 % AC usage...all petrol figures.Earlier used to get veeery low Fe...maybe because of driving style. But once u get the hang of when to upshift (with good balance of power and FE), i guess the car is just great.....thats my experience with 19000 kms on the odo.

19k on the ODO? That is good amount of driving. Any rattles? Issues?

I think the best way to drive her is to upshift at 1.5-2k RPM and then maintain a speed of around 80 Km/hr. This way even with the AC on, you can easily get 20 KMPL with the right tyre pressure.

Baby Beat has now started drifting towards the left a little, need to show it to SA now.

Last edited by Mr.Beat : 29th August 2011 at 17:20.
Old 29th August 2011, 18:46   #1982
BHPian

Guys,after some few test of auto cut-off methodes,I finally conluded the avg mileage i am getting is between 10-11 km with 70% ac.I dont know what is going wrong with my car.The very las full tank from bharat petrol gave me an odo of 278km(just got the warning lamp yellow)!!
Old 31st August 2011, 20:28   #1983
BHPian

Calculated my city KMPL this time for around 150km range.. it was 13.39 with 100% AC..
Sounds ok considering the traffic and roads my car has to endure here. What are you guys managing in the city??

EDIT: Its a Petrol with 20k on the odo!

Last edited by Auto freak : 31st August 2011 at 20:39.
Old 31st August 2011, 20:51   #1984
BHPian

what does the manual say about run-in for the Beat..
Old 3rd September 2011, 18:11   #1985
BHPian

Emergency!!

urgently need to know when the new smartech engine was introduced.
i just got the car today with a october 2010 manufacturing date!!!
Old 3rd September 2011, 20:04   #1986
Joy
BHPian

Guys, can anybody tell me how much fuel one bar in fuel gauge stands for?

Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd September 2011, 20:27   #1987
Senior - BHPian

Re: Emergency!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
urgently need to know when the new smartech engine was introduced.
i just got the car today with a october 2010 manufacturing date!!!
Beat sells quite well , why the heck were you given a car which was manufactured 10 months back ? First you should try not to accept it - if thats not possible , then please inspect the car with a fine comb . Somehow I don't have a good feeling about this
Old 3rd September 2011, 20:27   #1988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy
Guys, can anybody tell me how much fuel one bar in fuel gauge stands for?

Thanks in advance.
In my case, initially the bars reduce slowly and after half way empty, the bars vanish faster.

I do not think count of the no of bars shown can be an accurate measure of how much fuel is left
Old 3rd September 2011, 20:30   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc
Beat sells quite well , why the heck were you given a car which was manufactured 10 months back ? First you should try not to accept it - if thats not possible , then please inspect the car with a fine comb . Somehow I don't have a good feeling about this
Yes, this doesn't feel like a fair deal. It amounts to cheating Selling an year old vehicle as new.
Old 3rd September 2011, 21:15   #1990
Senior - BHPian

Re: Emergency!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
It is best not to accept such a case. There is a specific reason in case a car is standing in the stockyard.

Other trhan that rubber parts including tyres age with time. It is best to get a current vehicle. Checking the Tyre manufacturing date also important in a PDI.
Old 3rd September 2011, 21:16   #1991
BHPian

Am planning to upgrade my front speaker. Already upgraded the rear speaker. Its from JBL. Unfortunately I forgot the model number. its 300w and i paid around 3500 rs and installed it before 6 months. Can any of you guys please advice which model i have to go for??? Waiting for your suggestions...
Old 3rd September 2011, 21:40   #1992
Joy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkeron View Post
In my case, initially the bars reduce slowly and after half way empty, the bars vanish faster.

I do not think count of the no of bars shown can be an accurate measure of how much fuel is left
I know that and even experienced it too. I just want to get an approximate figure or rather the minimum, to be on the safe side.
Old 3rd September 2011, 22:30   #1993
Joy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekm85 View Post
Am planning to upgrade my front speaker. Already upgraded the rear speaker. Its from JBL. Unfortunately I forgot the model number. its 300w and i paid around 3500 rs and installed it before 6 months. Can any of you guys please advice which model i have to go for??? Waiting for your suggestions...
You can through our friend @alstonlobo's upgrade.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...t-lt-iced.html

Any query can be clarified by him.

Sorry Mods: if possible, please merge the back to back post. Thanks.

Last edited by Joy : 3rd September 2011 at 22:33.
Old 3rd September 2011, 23:14   #1994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkeron View Post

Now this thing is interesting, i have around 2 bars left with the car covering 570 odd kms since full tank. Now, the low fuel light has not come up which means there is atleast 3 litres of petrol in the tank? But, to my surprise she took in 33 litres of petrol for full tank. How do you justify that?
Old 3rd September 2011, 23:28   #1995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekm85 View Post
If you want to go for component speakers, there are only limited options available like Illusion Electra 4.1(costlier than your JBLs in the rear! and extremely difficult to get!)
Otherwise go for 4" co-axial speakers.
You will get lot of 4" co-axial options like Infinity, Kicker, Polk Audio, Boston, JBL, Pioneer and so on.. Price range starting from 1.2K onwards.(Infinity, Polk, Kicker.. will be in the costlier side)

I am having JBL GT5-402, bought it for 1.4K. Check my ownership thread for more details with pics.
"Alstonlobo" and "Auto freak" are having Boston 4inches in the front.

BTW, did you installed the DRLs?

I am planning to add a subwoofer to my ICE set-up.
Almost finalized on "Infinity Basslink" 10inch amplified subwoofer.
planned to fix on the left hand side of the spare wheel and take speaker level inputs to make the wiring simple.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks