Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2014, 17:42   #2356
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

A bill of lading can be manipulated any which way.

Information on Form 22 is entered in the local register of the treasury along with a filed transcript. The excise paid by the manufacturer is tallied based on this document amongst others. There is zero chance of this document being fudged, hence the information entered on this form can be relied upon to be accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
The bill of lading can be shown by the dealer. How different is it from seeing any other document (form 22)?

In my experience the RTO will consider the date of invoice (Invoice generated by FIAT and billed to the dealer) as the date of manufacture/ date on Form 22, they are least bothered as to what the chassis number decoding throws up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Thanks Khoj. So while the car is being registered it would be done as a June car or an April car?
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2014, 22:49   #2357
Senior - BHPian

I believe the two cars never shared a common time line for them to be compared per se. From my own experiences with the brilliant Ford.

The geometry between the driver seat, the ABC pedals, the gear shifter and the steering wheel is chummeshwari. 3rd best after the original Zen & the Cedia.
The Fiesta has a very linear power delivery
The Ford drive train is far smoother
The gear changes in the Fiesta are better(shorter throws)
The steering was/is very direct and precise almost like a video game.
The stock location for the tweeters is/was a God sent.
The car could be driven hard and then made to crawl in third gear all day long, almost like an automatic. That's what the extra 200cc can do.

The Linea has
Better ride, especially in the back
Better rear legroom
Better boot space
Better air conditioning
Better looks
Better? or should I say has turbo kick.

The rear twist beams on certain batches of 2009-2010 Lineas including TJets were changed by Fiat. The design was changed for subsequent production models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneo View Post
Has there been any comparo between the Fiesta 1.6S and the T-Jet?
......... ..................
I was a big fan of independent rear suspension but then 1.6S and T-Jet proved me wrong. How have Ford and Fiat managed to extract such brilliant ride and handling out of Twist Beam setup? Is there any reliability impact on the Twist Beam. There was a recent drive by Ford to replace their rear-twist beams on some cars.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 16:20   #2358
Senior - BHPian

So finally i got to see my car to be

Did a pdi. All checked out ok. Car is April 2014 only and is being registered thusly. Odo reading was H27km. No dents or scratches i could see. Matched engine chasis number given to me earlier with the ones on car.

Also managed to take a nice long look at the new punto evo in white. Looks real good. Unfortunately was not able to click pics. He said he will get in trouble for showing it to me even.

Anyways, temp regn process has begun and i expect to take delivery on Thursday.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 18:10   #2359
BHPian

I have 1 question on the "leather seats" on the T-Jet+.
What's the particular "type" of leather which is used for these. I am pretty sure its not real leather, but not sure what's the material....
The reason i ask is that one of my friend is buying the verna and they say that the type of leather seat used in that car is the best in india...However, i liked the linea's better (owners pride i guess )

Any inputs on the seats would be great... any comparison if available would be even better...
Old 11th July 2014, 19:19   #2360
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine now wants to get the T-Jet instead of the still long waiting period laden Ford EcoSport 1.5 Petrol.. But like myself, he is also mentally shying away from it due to the fuel consumption figures (he's wary but likes the car)..

what is the realistic mileage one can expect in bumber-to-bumper traffic conditions of Bangalore? Please advise, friend would like to book next weekend. Single digit figures when driven spiritedly is putting him off and he sees no point going for T-Jet if it won't be driven spiritedly.

Highway mileage at high 3 digit speeds - 15kmpl?

Last edited by k_ajay : 11th July 2014 at 19:23.
Old 11th July 2014, 20:18   #2361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahibrain View Post
I am pretty sure its not real leather
That's news for me. I always thought it's genuine Italian leather. When I purchased my T-jet+ (manufactured in 2011), I was told that the engine and the leather seats have been imported from Italy. I am not sure if they still import the leather seats as now it's available across the range.

I once took my car to Reliance Autozone and asked them for a quote to prepare leather seat covers for my Punto. I asked them to match the quality with the ones in my T-jet. They inspected the car and said it's genuine Nappa leather and will cost ~35-40K for Punto.

I will be really surprised if the seat covers aren't genuine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
A friend of mine now wants to get the T-Jet instead of the still long waiting period laden Ford EcoSport 1.5 Petrol.. But like myself, he is also mentally shying away from it due to the fuel consumption figures (he's wary but likes the car)..
Fuel efficiency has been discussed many times on this thread, and the consensus is that it varies a lot, based on driving style. One can drive at insane speeds but still accelerate cautiously, and then there are people (like me) that love accelerating rapidly within city speed-limits. This car loves accelerating but sips a lot of fuel during that process. If you be gentle with the acceleration, it can surprise with the fuel-efficiency even at triple-digit speeds. Your friend should be prepared for 8-10 KMPL in city and 11-14 KMPL on highways. Anything above that should be treated as a bonus.

Don't get me wrong - if fuel-efficiency can be a deal-breaker, then recommend some other car to your friend.

Last edited by Biraj : 11th July 2014 at 20:19.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 19:53   #2362
Senior - BHPian

So finally after almost a month of waiting, got my tjet yesterday morning To sum it up, good car bad dealership. Sigh.

Anyways what i wanted to know is has anyone changed the HU in their new linea?
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 20:20   #2363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Anyways what i wanted to know is has anyone changed the HU in their new linea?
Congrats! Check with the dealer if the dash ornament part is available. Its available for older versions and I have been using it in my 2011 manufactured Tjet.

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 12th July 2014 at 20:21.
Old 14th July 2014, 14:51   #2364
BHPian

I had called FIAT customer service and also confirmed on email that the seats are Italian leather on my 2011 Linea T-Jet. I find the seats very comfortable and breathable when it comes to leather or leather like material seats. The material quote unquote leather, seems to be of a very high quality and stitched to perfection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahibrain View Post
I have 1 question on the "leather seats" on the T-Jet+.
What's the particular "type" of leather which is used for these.
xaero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 19:39   #2365
BHPian

Received a call from Fiat Show room. My jet is 7 months old, they are replacing the 14 inch spare wheel with 15 inch (free of cost). Not sure whether this will alloy or steel? should be steel I guess.

I will be going tomorrow, will provide up-dates.
Old 18th July 2014, 20:47   #2366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijinpr View Post
Received a call from Fiat Show room. My jet is 7 months old, they are replacing the 14 inch spare wheel with 15 inch (free of cost). Not sure whether this will alloy or steel? should be steel I guess.

I will be going tomorrow, will provide up-dates.
14" wheel??

If I were you, I will ask them if they can trade this 15" rim and tyre and buy a full spec alloy and tyre. I feel lucky that I got my Tjet in 2012 with a fifth alloy and tyre.
Old 6th August 2014, 11:32   #2367
BHPian

Buying a test drive car - Linea T-jet

Folks

I have got what seems on paper, a good deal - a test drive car - a linea t-jet from 2010 vintage for Rs. 4 lakhs. The car has done 18k kilometres and was bought in October 2012 by another guy for Rs. 6.4 lakhs (he claims the odo read 1 k but I do not believe it - I am sure the cable was disconnected during the test drive).

The car looks alright - mechanicals work perfectly but has a few scratches etal and still has one free service to go (since the car was purchased from the dealer in 2012-end).

Also, I am mentally prepared for another 30-40 k in the worst case - I feel at this price it is worth the risk as it's practically 1/3rd the price of a new car.

Last edited by GTO : 6th August 2014 at 16:32. Reason: Removing inappropriate request
Old 7th August 2014, 02:05   #2368
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying a test drive car - Linea T-jet

The first rule of buying a car is to stay away from abused (read test) vehicles.

If you were to got through the classifieds on the forum itself there are several T Jets for sale ranging from 5 to 6+lacs. It is not 4 lacs surely but then it is not a test car either. Having said that at the end of it all it is your money and your decision.

BTW do not post the same query in multiple threads, believe that is against the forum rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varadha_r View Post
Folks

I have got what seems on paper, a good deal - a test drive car - a linea t-jet from 2010 vintage for Rs. 4 lakhs. The car has done 18k kilometres and was bought in October 2012 by another guy for Rs. 6.4 lakhs (he claims the odo read 1 k but I do not believe it - I am sure the cable was disconnected during the test drive).

The car looks alright - mechanicals work perfectly but has a few scratches etal and still has one free service to go (since the car was purchased from the dealer in 2012-end).

Also, I am mentally prepared for another 30-40 k in the worst case - I feel at this price it is worth the risk as it's practically 1/3rd the price of a new car.
Old 7th August 2014, 10:01   #2369
BHPian

The day before yesterday my Tjet finally succumbed to bad roads and suffered it first major injury. My front windshield was hit by a stone (which came from god knows where) resulting in a 8 inch crack.
Enquired with Balaji Thane for the availability of a replacement and they do have one in stock but now I am wondering if I should perhaps wait for the monsoons to get over and then go for the replacement or get it done right away??
What do the forum members say??
Old 7th August 2014, 10:12   #2370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
The day before yesterday my Tjet finally succumbed to bad roads and suffered it first major injury. My front windshield was hit by a stone (which came from god knows where) resulting in a 8 inch crack.
Enquired with Balaji Thane for the availability of a replacement and they do have one in stock but now I am wondering if I should perhaps wait for the monsoons to get over and then go for the replacement or get it done right away??
What do the forum members say??
It is not safe to drive around with a cracked windshield. Please get it replaced at the earliest.

Also ensure, proper curing happens after the windshield is installed and this process could take around 3-4 days for the best curing. I am aware that windshield experts get this done in a couple of hours, even then park the car and get the thing sealant dried properly to ensure no further headaches.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks