Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2018, 11:59   #2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
If you are based in Pune there are many options at Opera House in Mumbai.
=========
Here is another one in Opera house who keeps Skoda parts http://www.narenjpr.com
Great. Thank you so very much again, Behemoth. You rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
You could try Gyani Motor in Nana Peth, Pune. We recently did a clutch plate change on a friends car and Viraj Skoda was charging the moon for parts, so we sourced parts from Gyani and got the work done at Viraj itself. No complaints on the work done by Viraj Skoda.

The number for Gyani is +91 9225510101 or +91 9822210101. The owners name is Sasan and he may even be able to help with a local garage to get the work done.
Thank you so much Sameer. I did check in Nana Peth however did not find what I was looking for. Will try this person for sure. Also, when I asked Viraj Skoda for doing the repairs if I bought parts from outside of Skoda, they said they would not do that. Will confirm with them again. Useful info. Thanks again!

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by SDP : 20th April 2018 at 08:53. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 31st January 2018, 12:45   #2012
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMasc'y View Post
Thank you so much Sameer. I did check in Nana Peth however did not find what I was looking for. Will try this person for sure. Also, when I asked Viraj Skoda for doing the repairs if I bought parts from outside of Skoda, they said they would not do that. Will confirm with them again. Useful info. Thanks again!
Sasan (Sonu), will be able to get the parts for you. Again, ask him for recommendations and if he can't help, I am sure that if you let us know where you live, there will be enough of us with suggestions.

Whilst, I don't own a Yeti, I really enjoy driving a friends when we swap cars.
Samir Taheer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 12:59   #2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Sasan (Sonu), will be able to get the parts for you. Again, ask him for recommendations and if he can't help, I am sure that if you let us know where you live, there will be enough of us with suggestions.

Whilst, I don't own a Yeti, I really enjoy driving a friends when we swap cars.
First things first. I did immediately call Autolink erstwhile Gyaani Motors. He does not have the part in stock and forwarded my request to his suppliers. He should get back to me with a quote. Thanks Sameer, for offering these suggestions. I have a good contact network with garages myself however was very reluctant to get repairs done outside Skoda. Given that the part is very complex to fix in a 4x4, I thought if other garages mess up, I would be in for more trouble. So wanted to play safe and let Skoda do the work. So even if they goof up, they would be liable. I put up in PCMC btw and am an avid car enthusiast. Do fair bit of auto consulting for people looking to buy cars. And yes, Yeti is just a more-than-you-expected car. Its a big thing in a small package. Thanks again mate!
RonMasc'y is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 12:40   #2014

Hi

I have the Yeti (Elegance 4x4) since January 2013, have done 46000 kms... its in prime condition. Planning to sell it. (Any BHPian interested can get in touch with me)

I would want to go in for a automatic Sedan (Rapid, Vento, City range). Any recommendations would be of great help.
Old 19th February 2018, 17:11   #2015
M35
BHPian

The latest member in the family !

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-dsc_09852.jpg
M35 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 11:37   #2016
BHPian

Greetings folks. My Yeti's RHS fog lamp has blown (That chotu halogen bulb) and the ASC in Hyderabad is asking Rs 900/- for its replacement. The are also refusing to sell the bulb OTC. Is there any other option or do I only have to toe the ASC line? Seeking your opinion on this.
Old 21st April 2018, 18:08   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant06 View Post
Greetings folks. My Yeti's RHS fog lamp has blown (That chotu halogen bulb) and the ASC in Hyderabad is asking Rs 900/- for its replacement. The are also refusing to sell the bulb OTC. Is there any other option or do I only have to toe the ASC line? Seeking your opinion on this.
Hi Jayant, first of all, they cannot refuse to sell it OTC and I am surprised they are doing it so. You can take it up with Skoda directly and appraise them as they are definitely obligated to sell it. I am assuming that your Yeti is currently under warranty as you have gone to the ASC first. Whether or not your Yeti is out of warranty you can buy these bulbs online or from other dealers and get it retrofitted.

Osram and Philips are good choices. In fact, when my bulbs fuse, I've always used these bulbs for both my headlights and fog lamps and have not used the ASC for fitments. You can PM me if you need more details and would be glad to help. Cheers
Old 23rd April 2018, 15:09   #2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant06 View Post
Hey Jayant,

Need not worry. Source parts from the market and stick to the OEM specifications. Attached is a list which will help you purchase the right bulbs for your Yeti!

Cheers!
Ron
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SkodaYeti-Fuses-Bulbs-Tyres.pdf (42.4 KB, 446 views)
RonMasc'y is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 11:17   #2019
BHPian

I am having strange issue. My Yeti is now 1.65 L kms old. At speed over 120+ car starts to heat up. The temperature needle start rising beyond 90. When I bring the speed down to 100. The temperature goes back to 90. I have had both my radiator fan replaced as they failed one after another in my last trip. Coolant level is fine. Any suggestions what to check
Old 7th May 2018, 11:27   #2020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I am having strange issue. My Yeti is now 1.65 L kms old. At speed over 120+ car starts to heat up. The temperature needle start rising beyond 90. When I bring the speed down to 100. The temperature goes back to 90. I have had both my radiator fan replaced as they failed one after another in my last trip. Coolant level is fine. Any suggestions what to check
Check your coolant pump and it seems that the coolant pump is not pumping enough coolant through to the engine and hence it is overheating. The water / coolant pump is a known issue with Lauras and Yetis from 2010 to 2014 and I had it replaced on both my Laura and Yeti.
Old 7th May 2018, 11:38   #2021
BHPian

Quote:
Check your coolant pump and it seems that the coolant pump is not pumping enough coolant through to the engine and hence it is overheating. The water / coolant pump is a known issue with Lauras and Yetis from 2010 to 2014 and I had it replaced on both my Laura and Yeti.
The pump was replaced at 95k. Is there a way i know the pump is having issue? Or I have to rely on mechanic advice
Old 7th May 2018, 11:53   #2022
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The pump was replaced at 95k. Is there a way i know the pump is having issue? Or I have to rely on mechanic advice
If the water pump has been replaced, it could be a problem of the overall flow in the coolant system. Get the whole coolant system power flushed (radiator). Then get the fan speeds checked for optimum speed. If that does not solve it the water pump would be the most likely culprit again. The water pumps typically failed between 50k-70k kms and would need replacement so it is possible that yours has failed again as it has already given 70k kms.
The only sure way a water pump can be checked for failure is physical inspection so you will know only when it is taken out.
It is not a very expensive part and you can get OE options from Meyle or Febi outside.
Www.boodmo.com/catalog/3730-water_pump/m11372-skoda-yeti/

Last edited by Behemoth : 7th May 2018 at 12:07.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 12:10   #2023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the radiator is not able to function at its optimal level. As you are having problems at high speed the problem is either fins blocked with debris or the radiator tubes blocked due to sludge.

Get the radiator checked. In most cases with time the radiator tubes get clogged hence the efficiency reduces. In good old days of copper radiators, one could get the whole assembly dismantled, each tube cleaned and then soldered back. With present day radiators, the best you can do is to use a radiator flush to clean the tubes.

If that does not work, best to change the whole radiator and the rubber hoses. At 1.6L km it is worth it.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 14:25   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
If the water pump has been replaced, it could be a problem of the overall flow in the coolant system. Get the whole coolant system power flushed (radiator). Then get the fan speeds checked for optimum speed. If that does not solve it the water pump would be the most likely culprit again. The water pumps typically failed between 50k-70k kms and would need replacement so it is possible that yours has failed again as it has already given 70k kms.
The only sure way a water pump can be checked for failure is physical inspection so you will know only when it is taken out.
It is not a very expensive part and you can get OE options from Meyle or Febi outside.
http://Www.boodmo.com/catalog/3730-w...72-skoda-yeti/
Thanks.quick Question. is there possibility of water pump going weak/failure without coolant leaks? In my case it seems to be happening if this is water pump issue. I am getting water pump sourced and getting it replaced anyway (since its about to fail if not failed already)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Looks like the radiator is not able to function at its optimal level. As you are having problems at high speed the problem is either fins blocked with debris or the radiator tubes blocked due to sludge.

Get the radiator checked. In most cases with time the radiator tubes get clogged hence the efficiency reduces. In good old days of copper radiators, one could get the whole assembly dismantled, each tube cleaned and then soldered back. With present day radiators, the best you can do is to use a radiator flush to clean the tubes.

If that does not work, best to change the whole radiator and the rubber hoses. At 1.6L km it is worth it.
Thanks, I am getting water pump replaced and do complete flushing of radiator
Old 13th May 2018, 16:30   #2025
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.quick Question. is there possibility of water pump going weak/failure without coolant leaks? In my case it seems to be happening if this is water pump issue. I am getting water pump sourced and getting it replaced anyway (since its about to fail if not failed already)

Thanks, I am getting water pump replaced and do complete flushing of radiator
I got water pump changed. Had to also change oil cooler as it was leaking. However the problem persist. When the car is driven over 120+ temp needle start rising. One thing I am suspecting is the bigger radiator fan which I cnage from outside as the part was not available at Skoda when that failed. I understand that original fan change speed and work harder at higher rpm and speed to keep the temperature in control.
Suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks