Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2017, 22:44   #8866
BHPian

Hi antardaksh

Sorry for the late reply.I did check android auto and it's works flawlessly. OTH the car is dream to drive.
Will post pictures with working android auto tomorrow.Also I've installed Sony xav-100 with apple car play and android auto in my innova so I'm used to the system as well.

Regards
braveheart_77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 20:06   #8867
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Congrats. Did you go for Highline or Highline plus? What's the waiting time they have quoted for you? The HL
Plus waiting period is more than a month these days as they are trying to sell the Non DRL models more
I bought the HL rather than HL plus. You are correct. The HL plus was on waiting, not much just a couple of weeks. I got a discount of 90k on the HL with the insurance being done by me outside. Saved another 25k as a result. The on road price was 13.8L which included accessories worth 20k with company registration.

I wanted the car quickly to avoid the higher GST which may increase prices by 50k approximately. Have taken delivery but have driven hardly 3kms due to my travelling schedule.
Old 5th September 2017, 23:57   #8868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart_77 View Post
Hi antardaksh

Sorry for the late reply.I did check android auto and it's works flawlessly.
Hi braveheart_77,

Thanks, I checked with seller on Aliexpress. This unit RCD340 is still not available in China.

Regards.
Old 10th September 2017, 13:08   #8869
BHPian

Writing on behalf of my friend. He has been using Vento 1.6 TDI 2014 manufactured but now complaining of progressively hard clutch. It is annoying to such an extent that he is planning to change the car itself. Service centre is saying that even a new clutch won't solve the problem. Lot of stop and start traffic also. Just wanted to know is this the case with all Ventos? Will he benefit from changing the clutch? Please advise.
Old 11th September 2017, 09:00   #8870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasha View Post
Writing on behalf of my friend. He has been using Vento 1.6 TDI 2014 manufactured but now complaining of progressively hard clutch. It is annoying to such an extent that he is planning to change the car itself. Service centre is saying that even a new clutch won't solve the problem. Lot of stop and start traffic also. Just wanted to know is this the case with all Ventos? Will he benefit from changing the clutch? Please advise.
Ask him to try another service centre. I guess the hydraulic cylinder may have to be changed. Faced a similar issue in an i20 too.

Also try consulting a FNG.
Old 11th September 2017, 10:39   #8871
BHPian

Hi,
I need help with the parking lights on my 2016 Vento (Double-barrel headlights). One of them went bust and I want to replace both with bright but plug and play LEDs. Any idea about the voltage and wattage I should keep an eye out for before buying a pair?

Much appreciated!
Old 11th September 2017, 10:57   #8872
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Hi,
I need help with the parking lights on my 2016 Vento (Double-barrel headlights). One of them went bust and I want to replace both with bright but plug and play LEDs. Any idea about the voltage and wattage I should keep an eye out for before buying a pair?

Much appreciated!
W5W or T10 bulbs. All bulbs are rated for 12V. No issue with the reduced wattage of LEDs. It won't show any bulb-out errors.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 23:09   #8873
BHPian

Given that there are news of Vento possibly being discontinued in the near future or an entire new generation of Vento being introduced, does it make sense to buy a Vento now in September 2017?

Need to buy a diesel car (monthly running ~3k kms), has to be an automatic, should not be anything like an SUV and lastly shouldn't cost over 14Lacs on road.

Only choices that I can think of are:

Maruti diesel automatics (Celerio, Dzire): Dont want an AMT, also I am currently getting rid of a manual Dzire ddis after 1.7lakh kms.

Ameo: Highline DSG costs over 11 lacs in Delhi, don't like the rear looks and rear seat space.

Vento: Highline DSG costs 13.5 lacs on road, ticks all the boxes

Verna: don't like the boat like handling, spongy brakes or Hyundai's styling

I have even paid a 10k booking amount for the Vento which should arrive within a week, but want to hear from experts if there is info on upcoming discontinuation or upgrade. Thoughts?
Old 14th September 2017, 23:36   #8874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
Vento: High-line DSG costs 13.5 lacs on road, ticks all the boxes
You said you wanted a diesel car. High-line diesel costs 15 lakh I believe. Maybe you could clarify. But I was thinking the same. It would be nice if users can let us know how diesel dsg is keeping up.
Old 14th September 2017, 23:53   #8875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
You said you wanted a diesel car. High-line diesel costs 15 lakh I believe. Maybe you could clarify. But I was thinking the same. It would be nice if users can let us know how diesel dsg is keeping up.

Taxes in Delhi are lower than AP, also with the 90k discount that VW is offering, Highline Vento DSG TDI costs 13.7lacs on road, you can knock off another 20-25k off the price by choosing another insurer.

Even Highline plus is under 15L here.
ff1609 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 02:28   #8876
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post

Vento: Highline DSG costs 13.5 lacs on road, ticks all the boxes

Verna: don't like the boat like handling, spongy brakes or Hyundai's styling
The Vento is the oldest car in its segment at the moment and a replacement should ideally come sooner rather than later (shortly after new polo unveiled).

The ameo would also be in for an all new model then (as it's based on the polo/Vento platform), so I still think there is some time as the ameo is a recent launch.

Would urge you to check out the new Hyundai Verna once again - suspension is much better and the car is a fairly decent looker.

However, if nothing works and the Vento has your heart captured - go for it. Even if the newer one comes later, I'm sure it will be priced at a premium, and your existing Vento would have covered several thousand kms by then.

Are you getting a good deal on the car? That would sweeten the purchase more as the new model wouldn't have any discount on it.
Old 15th September 2017, 15:05   #8877
BHPian

Why are the accessory prices jacked up in almost every VW showroom.
Don't have a price list that we can verify?

I was planning to get window blinds for my Vento TSI and enquired regarding the availability in several showrooms across Hyderabad. PPS Motors wasn't having it in stock, rest of them Somajiguda & Himayat Nagar quoted 4.5k and 4.8k respectively.

I had a planned trip to Tirupathi, so out of curiosity I called them up(PPS Motors, Tirupathi) and was surprised when they quoted Rs.3060 for the window blinds.

Eventually I went down to their showroom during my trip, but another rep there got me confused for someone else and told me that the blinds were sold out.

They realized the goof up the next day and arranged to deliver it to PPS Motors, Ananthapur from where I collected it during my trip to hometown. They went out of their way to deliver the blinds and yet charged just the MRP printed on the box.

Had I not inquired with PPS Tirupathi, I would have ended up spending 4.5K for the same product.

I remember reading several ownership posts regarding cost of VW sunblinds in between 4-5k. Guessing they faced similar situation as mine.

Don't they have an open price list which we can verify to avoid scenarios like this?

P.S: I was so pissed off that I shot a mail to VW about their unethical practices.
Will update once I get a mail from them.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img20170914wa0028.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img20170914wa0029.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img20170914wa0030.jpg  

sriharsha_m87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 16:39   #8878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriharsha_m87 View Post

I had a planned trip to Tirupathi, so out of curiosity I called them up(PPS Motors, Tirupathi) and was surprised when they quoted Rs.3060 for the window blinds.
Hi sriharsha_m87,

Could you please some pictures of this sun blind. Is the clip on the door (windows) durable?

Regards.
Old 18th September 2017, 17:29   #8879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi sriharsha_m87,

Could you please some pictures of this sun blind. Is the clip on the door (windows) durable?

Regards.
Ah, unfortunately I haven't installed them yet and they are lying in my hometown.

Will update you once I get to install them.
sriharsha_m87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 11:44   #8880
BHPian

It’s once again that time of the year – insurance renewal. It used to be a non-event mostly. But with GST and new IRDA rules kicking in, was in for a shock this time.

Some background. My Vento petrol comfortline is from 2013. The current Tata AIG insurance with zero-dep, engine and hydrostatic lock cover etc cost Rs 24K (Sapphire plan) last year. Made a claim last year.

The car is used only for long trips. And, in the past four years have managed to clock only 19,000 km. The 7-year-old Alto K10 is used for city runs.

The renewal is up next month. And the both Tata AIG and Park Lane Car (through which I took the policy last year) are offering the same policy for Rs32,000! An increase of Rs8,000

As a second option, the 0-dep will cost Rs28,000. (Now, have asked for a quote for a basic policy from them).

Easyinsuranceindia is quoting Rs29,289 for a zero-dep from Shriram. Without zero-dep it will be only Rs19,740.

Now, I am in double mind about spending so much for a full-cover insurance.

All suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by sreepathy : 19th September 2017 at 12:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks