Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2017, 13:52   #8851
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
TDI AT Owners in Bangalore, how much mileage are you getting in typical Bangalore Traffic with a light foot?
I dont have a Vento but have an Ameo DSG. I drive 18km from Whitefield to Nandidurga Road and my Ameo returns 12-13 kmpl. This is through almost-peak traffic between 8AM-9AM, 5 PM-6 PM.

Hope this helps.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 22:56   #8852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi, wondering how the vehicle is after the remap. Especially sound. My vehicle is sounding really awful after the company emission update.

Also, what kind of FE are you getting after the remap.

Hey, the vehicle sounds normal after the mod. The most noticeable changes are free revving engine , revs build up very fast and ~320 NM of torque which holds mostly flat from 2000 rpm to 4000 rpm . The remap was the best thing I have done for my car! Absolutely love it.

Yup I drove my brother in laws car after emission update the clatter of the engine is a bit more before 2000 rpm, its fine as the revs build up.

FE in city like bangalore is around 11 kms/Ltr, Did Mysore last week got 14kms/ltr these are on relatively heavy right foot. I have also got 17kms/Ltr for mumbai Pune on a light right foot. The map doesn't change the FE much the driving style does.

Cheers!
Old 25th August 2017, 18:58   #8853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi, wondering how the vehicle is after the remap. Especially sound. My vehicle is sounding really awful after the company emission update.

Also, what kind of FE are you getting after the remap.
My Vento 1.6 TDI has lost the rubber band effect of acceleration at around 1800 rpm after the emission update. The acceleration is more linear now however no perceived loss of performance. The sound for me has actually smoothened out. The engine feels more refined when idling.

I also have an RD Dieseltronic box since the last 3 years. It has actually increased the car's FE. By about 1-2 kmpl within the city and 2-3 on the highway. In the eco mode, I easily get 13-14kmpl in city traffic for my 20km daily commute (tank to tank method).
Old 26th August 2017, 16:51   #8854

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
Nope, no change in my driving experience. Infact have a feeling that some of the 2<->3 gearshifts on rough roads are better. But it could be a placebo effect as well.
A couple of times I felt that gear is not shifting from 1 to 2 at the proper time. Maybe I am nitpicking...
Old 26th August 2017, 17:35   #8855
BHPian

Notwithstanding the din with the launch of the New Verna, I just went and purchased the Vento HL TSI. While aware that the model is well past its due in terms of refreshments, the engine is truly a gem.

Test drove the City (replace an old one), new Verna, Linea and the Ciaz. Driving pleasure wise its yet a no contest as per me. Awaiting delivery and a hopefully a trouble free experience.
arakhanna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 20:54   #8856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arakhanna View Post
Notwithstanding the din with the launch of the New Verna, I just went and purchased the Vento HL TSI. While aware that the model is well past its due in terms of refreshments, the engine is truly a gem.

Test drove the City (replace an old one), new Verna, Linea and the Ciaz. Driving pleasure wise its yet a no contest as per me. Awaiting delivery and a hopefully a trouble free experience.

Congrats. Did you go for Highline or Highline plus? What's the waiting time they have quoted for you? The HL
Plus waiting period is more than a month these days as they are trying to sell the Non DRL models more
Old 30th August 2017, 20:49   #8857
BHPian

Guys
Just got home vento tdi dsg reflex silver.The best part is that it now comes with upgraded 6.5" touch screen with apple car play and android auto.

Rest upgraded to 205/55r16 Michelin P3ST tyres.

Will post some pictures tomorrow.

Regards
Braveheart
Old 31st August 2017, 10:12   #8858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart_77 View Post
Guys
Just got home vento tdi dsg reflex silver.The best part is that it now comes with upgraded 6.5" touch screen with apple car play and android auto.

Will post some pictures tomorrow.

Regards
Braveheart
Congratulations on your new ride, when you said it comes with 6.5" AVN system my first though was can I get it retrofitted to my 2016 TDi Hihgline DSG? Any thoughts anyone?
I miss apple car play from our another ride Ciaz very badly.

Waiting for the pictures, instrument panel particularly.

Cheers!

Last edited by treadmark : 31st August 2017 at 10:14.
Old 31st August 2017, 22:38   #8859
BHPian

Quote:
I miss apple car play from our another ride Ciaz very badly.
Hi tread, if Apple Carplay is all you miss, go for RCD330 G plus latest version available on Aliexpress. Just search for RCD 330G plus Apple Carplay and you will get a number of sellers selling it. If yours is a Highline, its simple plug n play.
Old 31st August 2017, 23:08   #8860
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Braveheart, please do post some snaps of the side and rear profile showing the tires. Thanks!
Old 1st September 2017, 00:22   #8861
BHPian

Thanks guys

I'm uploading some of the images for your pleasure.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_1587.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_1589.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_1590.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_1591.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_1611.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_1626.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_1627.jpg  

Last edited by braveheart_77 : 1st September 2017 at 00:24. Reason: forgot to write
braveheart_77 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 10:34   #8862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
Hi tread, if Apple Carplay is all you miss, go for RCD330 G plus latest version available on Aliexpress. Just search for RCD 330G plus Apple Carplay and you will get a number of sellers selling it. If yours is a Highline, its simple plug n play.
Thank you for that info. Mine is a 1.5 TDi Highline DSG variant.
I made a quick search and couldn't find one manufactured by VW authroized Tier1 suppliers (Blaupunkt / Bosch) instead all those on the listing was Aidu, Noname, Desay SV etc. Getting these retrofitted wont void the warranty?
I'm okay to spend bit more to secure my warranty, can I get this done elsewhere?

Cheers!
Old 1st September 2017, 14:35   #8863
BHPian

Re: BMW 525d : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'll add that buying a 6 - 7 year old German simply doesn't make sense for the potential nightmares you'll be inheriting.
Would you say that this applies to the not so luxury german sedans as well?
eg: VW Vento? Considering that they are decent vehicles with not so good resale value, thanks to the relatively high maintainence costs in comparison to other cars in the segment.

Would'nt this make them a good candidate for a used sedan? The difference is price between say a used Honda City and a used Vento, all other things considered the same would be about one lac i guess. (Vento being cheaper than City)

One might have to spend more maintaining the Vento than the City, but the difference in maintainence cost over an ownership period of say 3 to 4 years would also be around 1 lac.

So, I would look at it like this: For pretty much the same amount of money, and a little more hastle that comes with more maintainence, I can enjoy driving a better built and arguably more fun to dirve german instead of a jap.

What is your opinion?
Old 1st September 2017, 16:33   #8864
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for that info. Mine is a 1.5 TDi Highline DSG variant.
I made a quick search and couldn't find one manufactured by VW authroized Tier1 suppliers (Blaupunkt / Bosch) instead all those on the listing was Aidu, Noname, Desay SV etc. Getting these retrofitted wont void the warranty?
I'm okay to spend bit more to secure my warranty, can I get this done elsewhere?

Cheers!
Hi treadmark,
Don't worry about the warranty, this is just a plug and play job and you won't be cutting or splicing any wires. All you need to carry this job out is a torx T20 screw driver. You may visit any accessory shop if you are not very comfortable carrying this out yourself. There is an entire thread dedicated to this upgrade :- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ion-guide.html
All units on AliExpress are original unused HUs taken out from cars in China. (Thats what most of the listing says).
If you're still reluctant to buy from AliExpress, there is this guy Shalinder Chowdhary from Delhi (Mobile number 98189 35777) who can ship Carplay enabled 330G Plus to your locaton. Hope this info helps.
Old 1st September 2017, 18:36   #8865
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys

I'm uploading some of the images for your pleasure.

Regards
Hi braveheart,

Thanks a lot for sharing details about the new head unit (R 340G PQ).

Did you get opportunity to connect android mobile to this unit and if so could you please share if you were able to get google maps on the display and how was the performance.

Regards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks