Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2018, 14:36   #9016
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
There is no real necessity to service it at VW authorized service centers. Only advantage if you continue is if there is an issue they may change it under warranty even after the warranty period. Based on my service history they changed the injectors free of cost when it failed at 110K after 5.5 years.

Second point is finding a good third party service center.

Third is use of genuine parts at the third party service centers. If changed at VW I believe they provide a 2 year warranty for the changed part.

Advantage of going to third party service center is the cost. My 120K service and clutch change is due. VW quoted 30K for parts and labour. At third party service centers it was quoted at 20K for parts and labor.

I too am in a dilemma.
Finally completed my 5th service in an authorized service center. Reason being that the engine was noisy after the emission fix and there's a warranty attached to it. Do not want to mess up with that with a local garage service. It went on OK and they have updated the ECU software after which its much better now. 5th service bill came to 12,200. No parts changed or replaced or repaired.
Crank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 16:50   #9017
BHPian

Quote:
There is no real necessity to service it at VW authorized service centers. Only advantage if you continue is if there is an issue they may change it under warranty even after the warranty period. Based on my service history they changed the injectors free of cost when it failed at 110K after 5.5 years.

Second point is finding a good third party service center.

Third is use of genuine parts at the third party service centers. If changed at VW I believe they provide a 2 year warranty for the changed part.

Advantage of going to third party service center is the cost. My 120K service and clutch change is due. VW quoted 30K for parts and labour. At third party service centers it was quoted at 20K for parts and labor.

I too am in a dilemma.
VW 1.6tdi/1.5 tdi uses VW 505.01 spec engine oil. Make sure u get this oil outside. Oil and air filters are available from reputed brands like Mahle and Mann. But this engine oil is hard to find.
Its important to use this oil only as it will not mess with your camshaft getting scratched
Old 19th February 2018, 10:43   #9018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
VW 1.6tdi/1.5 tdi uses VW 505.01 spec engine oil. Make sure u get this oil outside. Oil and air filters are available from reputed brands like Mahle and Mann. But this engine oil is hard to find.
Its important to use this oil only as it will not mess with your camshaft getting scratched
I don't think so. The VW recommended oil for Vento is Castrol Edge (5W-40). This is available with most of the garages and even authorized service centers stock and use this for oil changes.
Old 19th February 2018, 12:19   #9019
BHPian

hi.. need to replace 2 tyres of my vento.

the tyre dealer says its ok to put 195 section on just 2 wheels and then when the other 2 need replacement i can switch those to 195 as well. planning to put michelin

right now all 4 are 185 section MRF.

Please advise if this is a good idea or i should just stick to 185.

Also, out of bridgestone, continental and michelin which ones i should go for
Old 19th February 2018, 21:11   #9020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
I don't think so. The VW recommended oil for Vento is Castrol Edge (5W-40). This is available with most of the garages and even authorized service centers stock and use this for oil changes.
Sir please check with the owners manual.. and please check on vw forum's.
You will understand my point.
Any 5w-40 castrol edge available in india is not VW505.01
Old 19th February 2018, 23:09   #9021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
the tyre dealer says its ok to put 195 section on just 2 wheels and then when the other 2 need replacement i can switch those to 195 as well. planning to put michelin

right now all 4 are 185 section MRF.
Keep all four same size. As with 195 mm, sidewall height increases by 6 mm. Having odd size will definitely impact overall ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
Also, out of bridgestone, continental and michelin which ones i should go for
Michelin XM2 for 185 size. Using these. No issues whatsoever.

Michelin P3ST for 195 size. More silent and comfortable.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 21:41   #9022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
No, the service centres use Castrol Magnatec Professional. It's a fully synthetic oil and can only be sourced from VW/Skoda/Audi service centres (unless you have internal contacts). From the SC's you can buy the 1l bottle for around 900 to 1000 bucks- basically the same rate at which they bill for regular service. It meets the VW 501.01 standard.

Looking forward to your experience in sourcing the required parts for regular service in Bosch SC's!
Old 25th February 2018, 20:49   #9023
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have a small concern. The mileage in our Vento diesel has gone down a bit! In our short drives around town, we're getting not more than 10-11 kmpl. Usually in similar conditions, we used to get around 12-14kmpl.

I have two options

1) Try the Liquimoly Diesel purge

2) Check the fuel injectors!

Now this is a 2014 model, which shouldn't be installed with the faulty fuel injectors which were found in 2012-2013 cars.

Should I get it checked at the VW SC or at the Bosch SC? I'm hesitant to go to VW fearing that during diagnosis, the ECU could get installed with the post emissions scandal update!

Besides, warranty is only valid till May this year.

The car was serviced in December 2017 and has run 60k kms

Last edited by Turbohead : 25th February 2018 at 20:50.
Old 25th February 2018, 21:18   #9024
BHPian

You should get the car scanned. Installing the dieselgate fix takes a lot of time, and there are perquisites such as battery check and others. You can tell if they are trying to install it!

Anyhow, you can scan the car using VCDS too.

If any errors linked to these do not show up, you can look at cleaning a number of things. Cleaning the fuel injectors using diesel purge can be a good idea. Cleaning the MAF sensor helped me significantly.
halfbytecode is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 15:21   #9025
Senior - BHPian

On occasion of my cousin’s marriage, we embarked into a week-long vacation starting from 23rd Feb. till 5th of March. Instead, I'm sitting in my office and typing this.
After travelling for 93kms away from Bangalore, I've seen "Glow plug indicator" blinking on my dashboard. Pulled over to the service lane: turned-off & on after couple of mins. Voila, its gone for good. After travelling for 2-3kms, it appeared again, pulled over again, this time it is definitely going to give up on me. Spoke to my SA: he confirmed something is wrong and I affirmed myself not to take any chances with family & kids getting stranded in middle of nowhere and took a U-turn and slowly reached TIN factory. Booked OLA, sent family, children & dumped all the luggage into the cab and set-off towards Electronic city.

All the while, "Glow plug indicator" was blinking, Engine Malfunction was always LIT. Got the car onto the lift and two lads quickly started inspecting the car. Found out a leaking “Turbo Hose” to be the culprit. Spare was quickly available over the counter and fixed. To confirm other checks, VAS system was connected hit another error of EGR Sensor went kaput and it costs 50K. to confirm that, the following Saturday day was completely spent to affirm the same with trail & error on the VAS system. Staff iterated as a common problem once the car reaches more than 80K Kms. This situation had NEVER occurred to me so far, for many kms.

The spare is not available over the counter and order was placed. May take at least a week or two for the spare to arrive. Welcome to VW/SKODA Family.

When this incident occurred, vehicle had clocked over 124382 kms. It was timely serviced at authorized service center. I've spent close to 47K for 120K kms service which is a major service. Again, I'm footing a bill close to 60K. The tires are screaming for a change. This is just a beginning and I'm sure more worms would show up.

Now the million dollar question comes to my mind: Whether to keep the car or sell it?

Last edited by Ramsagar : 26th February 2018 at 15:24.
Ramsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 16:19   #9026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Now the million dollar question comes to my mind: Whether to keep the car or sell it?
The more such posts I see, the more I am being edged to think of selling off my 5 year old 89k run Vento 1.6 HL TDi.
I am following your post very closely, please update regularly.
Old 26th February 2018, 16:45   #9027
BHPian

Hi all,

I accidentally broke the mounting brackets of power window switch and boot open switch on my Vento TSI 2016.

I'm not able to find the part numbers online. No luck on AliExpress as well.

Different service centres are giving different reasons, one says the entire kit needs to be changed which includes both switch and bracket. Another service centre says brackets cost 800 odd and the labour charges are around 600 odd rupees. I feel this is day light robbery, so I wanted to know if I can get the spares and fit it myself as it's a plug and play more or less.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img20180222wa0017.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img20180222wa0022.jpg  

Last edited by sriharsha_m87 : 26th February 2018 at 17:05.
Old 26th February 2018, 16:54   #9028
BHPian

Quote:

To confirm other checks, VAS system was connected hit another error of EGR Sensor went kaput and it costs 50K. to confirm that, the following Saturday day was completely spent to affirm the same with trail & error on the VAS system. Staff iterated as a common problem once the car reaches more than 80K Kms. This situation had NEVER occurred to me so far, for many kms.

The spare is not available over the counter and order was placed. May take at least a week or two for the spare to arrive. Welcome to VW/SKODA Family.

When this incident occurred, vehicle had clocked over 124382 kms. It was timely serviced at authorized service center. I've spent close to 47K for 120K kms service which is a major service. Again, I'm footing a bill close to 60K. The tires are screaming for a change. This is just a beginning and I'm sure more worms would show up.

My 2011 highline Diesel just got the 120K service done. Service cost was 12K. The clutch was worn and had be changed, it cost another 26K.

Could you detail your service. It is to understand the issues faced and compile a list.

Also what is an EGR sensor? Any specific reason why it failed?
Old 26th February 2018, 17:25   #9029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
The more such posts I see, the more I am being edged to think of selling off my 5 year old 89k run Vento 1.6 HL TDi.
I am following your post very closely, please update regularly.
Value of the vehicle drop like a stone the moment you touch 100K mark. Since 120K kms being a major service, I've spent good chunk of amount on that and i'm either able to keep it or sell.

Please take a call immediately.

Quote:
My 2011 highline Diesel just got the 120K service done. Service cost was 12K. The clutch was worn and had be changed, it cost another 26K.

Could you detail your service. It is to understand the issues faced and compile a list.
Also what is an EGR sensor? Any specific reason why it failed?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-598.html

Exhaust Gas Re-circulation sensor will impact your fuel efficiency drastically and your acceleration dips badly too.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 26th February 2018 at 17:27.
Ramsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 23:57   #9030
Senior - BHPian

My answers with respect to the issue of EGR

Quote:
To confirm other checks, VAS system was connected hit another error of EGR Sensor went kaput and it costs 50K.
You have 3 options which I would do if I was in your place
Option 1: Clean the EGR at an FNG or convince VW Workshop to do it. Try it. Will fix the EGR. 1.2 lac kms of soot has been deposited over the EGR causing this.

Option 2: As a tuner to disable EGR. No re-circulation of exhaust gas, resulting in fresh air pumped into cylinders. Should bump up 10 BHP. Cost: Rs. 5,000

Option 3: Easiest but the costliest. Replace EGR.

Quote:
Keep it. In C Segment no other car seems to be a worthy replacement. Such issues will occur once due to mileage. Doesn't mean you should sell the car.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks