Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2017, 22:02   #8896
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepathy View Post
VW in Ahmedabad was offering only Tata AIG (the quote I have mentioned earlier). And, despite telling them that HDFC Ergo was way cheaper, they stuck to their guns. Don't understand why they should deny cashless claims when they repeatedly assured me that they have such a facility with VW service centres in Ahmedabad. I finally went with Ergo and bought it online.
So bad, may be TATA AIG pays more dealer commission to VW ahamadabad for promoting their insurance policy
anandharamanp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 22:33   #8897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Bajaj allianz is very expensive. I am with Bharti Axa for 4 years now, their pricing and service is better.
Hi,

I got the first year insurance as free hence went with Bajaj, for the second year I got it renewed from HDFC.

This year the quote from Oriental (Zero dep) was the least however I wanted to go ahead with HDFC Ergo. I was planing to renew when I got a call from an agent who promised to provide the same quote as HDFC.

I finally got the insurance from Bajaj (Zero dep) with 7.7 lacs as IDV, premium with 50% NCB was 14900 INR.

Regards.
Old 17th October 2017, 11:49   #8898
BHPian

Hi All,

I got the steering rack of my VW Vento TDI replaced under warranty a couple of days back but I don't see any significant difference after this replacement. I am still getting some noise from the steering when the car goes over some rough patches. I opened the hood and tried to see if I can see any new parts but none of the steering parts are visible in the engine bay in Vento. Is there a way I can check and confirm that the parts are really replaced. I know I am getting a little paranoid. Thanks to the Baleno fake service thread

Thanks,
Dheeraj
Old 18th October 2017, 09:41   #8899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
Hi All,

I got the steering rack of my VW Vento TDI replaced under warranty. Is there a way I can check and confirm that the parts are really replaced.
Dheeraj
From where did you got that replaced? Usually VW Whitefield folks leave the old parts in your boot, did you checked there? Not sure about the other dealers though.
Same goes for Maruti BIMAL as well.

Cheers!
Old 18th October 2017, 10:26   #8900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
From where did you got that replaced? Usually VW Whitefield folks leave the old parts in your boot, did you checked there? Not sure about the other dealers though.

Cheers!
I got this work done from VW Hesaraghatta Road. They usually don't give the replaced parts as per my previous experiences there. The noise might be because of the plastic parts which they would have removed & fitted back during the replacement. But just wanted to make sure once, so that I can have peace of mind.

Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 12:10   #8901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Usually VW Whitefield folks leave the old parts in your boot, did you checked there? Not sure about the other dealers though.
Cheers!
According to my understanding, in case of "warranty claim"/"insurance claim" they don't give you the old part.
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 12:00   #8902
BHPian

Just wanted to check if anyone got the recent DSG software update done and is facing issues with the gears holding on longer than required? This is noticeable when flooring the pedal (eg: while speeding from standstill at a traffic signal).

Also, once when in a traffic block for about an hour and a half moving in Gear 1&2, suddenly the instrument panel started blinking lights with the spanner coming on. Just switched off the car and restarted to continue the journey. This has never happened before or after - have driven about 5000 KMs after the above incident. This was also after the DSG software update which I initially thought is a good thing as it is supposed to reduce the jerks during gear shifts.
Old 23rd October 2017, 12:50   #8903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
Just wanted to check if anyone got the recent DSG software update done and is facing issues with the gears holding on longer than required? This is noticeable when flooring the pedal (eg: while speeding from standstill at a traffic signal).

Also, once when in a traffic block for about an hour and a half moving in Gear 1&2, suddenly the instrument panel started blinking lights with the spanner coming on. Just switched off the car and restarted to continue the journey. This has never happened before or after - have driven about 5000 KMs after the above incident. This was also after the DSG software update which I initially thought is a good thing as it is supposed to reduce the jerks during gear shifts.
For the second part, please check if you are getting any whistling sound while accelerating in in gear 1, 2 and 3 after you drive in slow moving traffic for half an hour. I had a similar problem and VW changed the clutch assembly under warranty. I had shared these details earlier somewhere in this thread. Please try to record a small video of the sound and then you can go the service center. I hope your car is under warranty
Old 23rd October 2017, 13:26   #8904
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Did get a DSG update on my Vento TSI. Have not really observed what you have mentioned, but have not done much driving post the service. Will keep a watch and update.

The jerks from 3-2 seem to have reduced, but still felt especially under hard braking.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 14:47   #8905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
For the second part, please check if you are getting any whistling sound while accelerating in in gear 1, 2 and 3 after you drive in slow moving traffic for half an hour.
Thanks Nagarjun. Haven't noticed any sound other than the usual diesel engine clatter. Just returned from a 1500KM trip to Chikmagalur and surrounding areas.
Old 26th October 2017, 08:08   #8906
BHPian

Guys! Need some urgent advice. So I was back to driving my Vento since yesterday. A few kms into the journey, the ABS malfunction light came up. Now this happened a few weeks back as well. Showed it to the workshop and they cleaned the brake assembly or something and the light went off. Back then they had said that it was ok to drive even with the light on. So I went ahead with the journey. I reached my residence at Thrissur, got fresh started up the car again and yet another warning light comes up(the one for brake malfunction), along with three beeps. The car was jerking in between and I couldnt go above 10-20 kph. As I was in a hurry, I drove the car back and parked it at my residence. Yesterday was a busy day and I came back late. Decided to try my luck today morning. Started up the car and the ABS light is still up. Drove it for a short distance and the other light also came up along with the 3 beeps. Now I'm back at my residence. Braking felt adequate to me, for now. Is it safe to drive the car to the service center? What could the possible issue be? My OBD scanner cant connect to the Torque app either. So I'm pretty much blinded here.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-screenshot_201710260800571.png
Old 26th October 2017, 08:39   #8907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
For the second part, please check if you are getting any whistling sound while accelerating in in gear 1, 2 and 3 after you drive in slow moving traffic for half an hour. I had a similar problem and VW changed the clutch assembly under warranty. I had shared these details earlier somewhere in this thread. Please try to record a small video of the sound and then you can go the service center. I hope your car is under warranty
I'm getting the whistling sound while accelerating on first few gears post certain RPM (haven't bothered to notice from when). But then I thought this is quite common also it is not intrusive and have this since I bought, have done 22K Kms till now.
Should I be worried?
From which dealer you got the clutch replaced?

Cheers!
Old 26th October 2017, 14:44   #8908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Guys! Need some urgent advice. So I was back to driving my Vento since yesterday.

Attachment 1689383
Looks like your ABS sensor has gone bust. will need replacement. I think they replace all 4.

I am not sure of the handbrake sign though. its either the switch gone bad or a mouse eating up a cable i feel if you dont feel any problem driving the car.
Old 26th October 2017, 23:39   #8909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
A few kms into the journey, the ABS malfunction light came up.
There are four ABS sensor; each on individual wheel. One or more may have gone bad. Ask them to scan via VAS and they will know which one exactly. Ask them to clean and see if that resolves issue.

If not, replacement is the only option. ABS sensor would be Rs. 3300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
I think they replace all 4.
Only which is faulty out of 4. VAS scan will confirm which one.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 14:52   #8910
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is a one year old TSI, so it may already have the updated software. If I want a quick start from standstill or sudden acceleration, response at the wheel is not immediate. There is a slight delay wrt accelerator input, and then it jumps (not literally). A very rough graph to illustrate.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-drawing1model.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks