Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2018, 21:09   #361
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Hello all, quick question on the NOC and Form 35.

Would both be provided by the bank themselves or we should download the copy available in Vahan site, get it filled and get the bank signed?

Any guidance is appreciated.
Bank will provide the Form 35. You do not need to download the copy and get it signed.
NOC would be provided by your RTO and this is required if you want to transfer the vehicle to a different RTO.
get2bid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 22:37   #362
Senior - BHPian

Download and fill the form 35, get it stamped and signed by your bank manager. Take that along with the loan account closure paperwork they give you, and other docs (RC, insurance, pollution certificate etc) to the RTO.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2018, 00:57   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mun1shk View Post
Wanted to share my experience of "Cancellation of Hypothentication" at Electronic City(KA51) RTO Office in Bangalore.
Thanks to the information present on this thread. I had already prepared a copy of
Wanted to update that I got my RC today. RTO took full two months. I was waiting for the postal delivery but that didn't happen at all. So, I went to RTO today & seems they had forgotten to add the entry into the system. I saw one more similar case. The person at seat acted promptly, entered the data, got it signed by ARTO & delivered the RC to me and another guy by hand.
This sums up my overall experience in getting the Hypothentication removed.

Regards
Munish

Last edited by ampere : 23rd May 2018 at 21:11. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 7th May 2018, 10:18   #364
BHPian

Team,

Can someone advise me on the exact address proof to use for my car's hypothecation removal, it seems the RTO's list of accepted documents is stuck in the 90s.

Here's the challenge I'm facing, regarding each of their accepted docs:

Live in a rented house, but rent agreement is not accepted. Similary BESCOM bill is accepted, but that is not in my name.

Aadhaar address is the hometown address, not Bangalore

Passport address is of a previous address in Bangalore, don't stay there anymore. (Even the passport office accepted my company letterhead address proof, which RTO doesn't)

LIC policy - I don't have one

Tehsildar verified address proof - no clue what this is.

Bank statement - not accepted (accepted in most other places though)
Rent Agreement - not accepted (accepted in many other places though)

Kindly help me with a way out, this has been dragging way too long, and I've gotten the NOC issued several times but unable to complete the process due to this.

Thanks,
Parth
Old 7th May 2018, 10:42   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Team,

Can someone advise me on the exact address proof to use for my car's hypothecation removal, it seems the RTO's list of accepted documents is stuck in the 90s.
Get a bsnl landline and then get a connection allocation letter from them - generally the exchange will give you a letter on white paper saying number XXXXX under ABCD exchange has been allocated to Parth46 resident at address EFGH.

Ideally a bsnl bill would work but you will only get your bill at the end of the month so that won't work for your immediate purposes.
Old 7th May 2018, 10:53   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Get a bsnl landline and then get a connection allocation letter from them - generally the exchange will give you a letter on white paper saying number XXXXX under ABCD exchange has been allocated to Parth46 resident at address EFGH.

Ideally a bsnl bill would work but you will only get your bill at the end of the month so that won't work for your immediate purposes.
Appreciate your quick response mate, however I'm not sure a BSNL connection, which will take it's own sweet time is possible before my mid-May deadline for the NOC expiration.

Is there any other option at all? It's so frustrating that such a simple thing is dragging on just because of this.

Also, would you believe it, they don't consider a document they themselves issue, THE DRIVING LICENSE, as acceptable address proof.
Old 7th May 2018, 11:00   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Appreciate your quick response mate, however I'm not sure a BSNL connection, which will take it's own sweet time is possible before my mid-May deadline for the NOC expiration.
I got it in two or three days. Check at your telephone exchange.

Hardly anyone uses landlines these days so they usually have plenty of spare capacity.
Old 23rd May 2018, 20:52   #368
BHPian

Note: My RC did not had Hypothecation mentioned so this procedure will delete the details in their record.
Just wanted to update the hypothecation removal process at Janakpuri RTO which i underwent , well the experience was butter smooth and the Delhi heat further helped melting the butter
Documents needed(Keep two copies of each document except no.2&3 for just in case situation):
  1. Registration certificate in original(Just in case).
  2. Two copies Form no. 35.
  3. A certificate from financier.
  4. Self Attested copy of valid insurance.
  5. Self Attested copy of address proof of the registered owner.
  6. Self Attested copy of valid pollution under control certificate.
  7. NOC from the owner if someone else is going on behalf of him along the ID proof of him.

Well I had to go twice to the RTO because they did not accept Form 35 given by the financier and the lady at counter told me to get the fees paid online and get the form 35 stamped which will be printed online.

I came home that day because I had no further will to go again in the sweltering heat of Delhi.

Now the procedure
  • Step 1. Open https://parivahan.gov.in
  • Step 2. Enter your vehicle regn.
  • Step 3. Click on Misc.
  • Step 4. Enter your mobile number and the last five digit chassis number.
  • Step 5. Enter the OTP.
  • Step 6. Change the insurance details if you have changed your insurance provider.
  • Step 7. Select Hypothecation termination.
  • Step 8. Pay the fees which is zero rupees and print atleast two or three copies of the same.
  • Step 9. Print Form 35 and get it signed and stamped by your financier.
  • Step 10. With all the documents locked and loaded enter the authority, go to counter no.12, middle window handover all the documents the lady will then check all the documents (Note: Handover only single copy of the documents listed above) then she will ask if you have second copy of the receipt, hand it to her she will stamp your receipt.

Now you need to wait for 20 - 25 days and then check the status of your application at the same website on step 1 and the hypothecation will be removed from your vehicle's record.There was no need of any agent and the process at RTO took only 15 minutes.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd May 2018 at 21:13.
revvharder is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 22:06   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Team,

Can someone advise me on the exact address proof to use for my car's hypothecation removal...
Aadhaar address is the hometown address, not Bangalore
You can change your current address on Aadhaar - see https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/ssup-home#/ - and then submit the Aadhaar printout as address proof. No one doubts or questions a self-attested Aadhaar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Now the procedure
  • Step 1. Open https://parivahan.gov.in
  • Step 2. Enter your vehicle regn.
  • Step 3. Click on Misc.
  • Step 4. Enter your mobile number and the last five digit chassis number.
  • Step 5. Enter the OTP.
  • Step 6. Change the insurance details if you have changed your insurance provider.
  • Step 7. Select Hypothecation termination.
  • Step 8. Pay the fees which is zero rupees and print atleast two or three copies of the same.
  • Step 9. Print Form 35 and get it signed and stamped by your financier.
  • Step 10. With all the documents locked and loaded enter the authority, go to counter no.12, middle window handover all the documents the lady will then check all the documents (Note: Handover only single copy of the documents listed above) then she will ask if you have second copy of the receipt, hand it to her she will stamp your receipt.
There was no need of any agent and the process at RTO took only 15 minutes.
Everything at all the Delhi RTOs is now online. We had our driving licenses renewed, our daughter applied for her new driving license, and we transferred ownership of a used car we bought. Going through the parivahan.gov.in site is less of a headache than trying to go to the specific RTO and running around multiple counters, or trying to find an agent. Time spent at RTOs - less than 15 minutes each time. Our new/renewed DLs came in 3 days (promised time, 7 days) through SpeedPost. This is one mighty big headache I am glad not to have!

The online system also makes it easier to sell your car. With the buyer and seller together, one needs to log in, fill up the forms, pay the fees, take printouts, and directly deposit at the concerned RTO. No chance of the vehicle being sold but ownership not being transferred.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 23rd May 2018 at 22:07.
Old 24th May 2018, 14:14   #370
BHPian

Today I went to RTO Pune for Hypothecation removal. As I don't know to read Marathi, I stood in the Queue for counter 16 (earlier 15A) – choosing preferred number for new vehicle registration. After 15 mins i was asked by someone in Hindi if this is the choice number counter. Then after enquiring with somebody else I went to the counter which had my car regn number series. I handed over him the set of documents. He verified and asked me to write down my mobile number meanwhile he made a handwritten receipt and handed over it to me and collected the documents. It was done in less than 5 minutes.

Current process:
In addition to the list of documents mentioned in several earlier posts you need to submit the E- payment receipt from https://parivahan.gov.in/vahanservic...homepage.xhtml Payment has to be strictly done through the above link. You would get a receipt similar to the attachment.
RTO_Fee_1.pdf
Prepare all the necessary documents and go to the counter marked with the number series of your car, hand over the documents, collect the receipt and you are done.
Old 11th June 2018, 19:18   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all, quick question on the NOC and Form 35.

Would both be provided by the bank themselves or we should download the copy available in Vahan site, get it filled and get the bank signed?

I'm going to the bank next week to close my loan and would like to get whatever documents required from the bank side in a single visit as the SBI allows to only close the loan at the home branch and it takes 3hrs to visit that branch from my home.

Any guidance is appreciated.
Wanted to provide an update on my experience with SBI for closing my loan after my question above.

Documents Required:
  1. Cash/Check deposit slip (if balance remaining in the account)
  2. Original RC (for verification of vehicle #)
I had only 10Rs. balance in my loan as I had transferred rest online in preparation to close my account. I was asked to deposit that balance as cash into my account with a deposit slip. Once done, I was issued below documents in 2 mins flat.
  1. 2 signed Form 35s
  2. 2 signed NOCs
  3. Statement of account of the loan for its entire duration (provided on my request as online portal provided only 6 months statement)
I was all done and out of the bank in like 5 mins total. This experience was the most painless experience I have had with any bank in a while.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 11th June 2018 at 19:20. Reason: Formatting
Old 4th July 2018, 23:11   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Wante
  1. 2 signed Form 35s
  2. 2 signed NOCs
  3. Statement of account of the loan for its entire duration (provided on my request as online portal provided only 6 months statement)
while.
Even I visited my SBI branch based out of New Delhi, Janakpuri PBB branch. They gave me two Form 35 signed in original with stamp and one certificate declaring that No dues as car loan has been completed. It shows my car number and my residential address.

Are these two documents sufficient? Please guide me.

Thanks & Regards..Vikas
vikasshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 23:20   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasshu View Post
Even I visited my SBI branch based out of New Delhi, Janakpuri PBB branch. They gave me two Form 35 signed in original with stamp and one certificate declaring that No dues as car loan has been completed. It shows my car number and my residential address.

Are these two documents sufficient? Please guide me.

Thanks & Regards..Vikas
More than enough. Your bank has issued literally thousands of those paperwork copies one set for each car loan they have handled. So go ahead and submit it.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 18:51   #374
BHPian

How long are the documents that I obtained from bank for loan closure valid? I obtained these almost 2 years back, but still haven't initiated hypothecation removal in RTO due to various reasons. I assumed that since these documents prove loan repayment is complete, it should be valid for ever. But, just wanted to make sure that RTO guys won't reject it when I finally manage to go to RTO for this.
Old 6th July 2018, 21:31   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
How long are the documents that I obtained from bank for loan closure valid? I obtained these almost 2 years back, but still haven't initiated hypothecation removal in RTO due to various reasons. I assumed that since these documents prove loan repayment is complete, it should be valid for ever. But, just wanted to make sure that RTO guys won't reject it when I finally manage to go to RTO for this.
For safety’s sake get the documents the bank gave you signed and stamped by your branch along with a date seal. Or have them issue a fresh copy. That should be enough.

Most Viewed