Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2009, 09:58   #391
BHPian

Hi to all Lambretta lovers here, just joined as purchased a lamby ( as not lucky enough to get a Lambretta yet) Why a scooter bec I did learn to ride on a Vespa NV and did ride it for 5 yrs then came the RX 100 anyways.
I knew someone who owned a lamby once, went to enquire if he still owns it and would ready to part out with. Yes it ws there but in total sad state totally rusted , gone to grounds. the rims were totally gone , side panels were robed by the scrap guys , speedo cracked , seat springs no longer look like springs .
anyways did buy it as its hard to get a Lamby/Lambretta .
Lamby 1981 150.
Old 20th October 2009, 09:55   #392
BHPian

Hi once again so yesterday cleaned up the internals of the fork, the fork is done now another problem is none of the liners/ Brake shoes are coming off they are so hard that they dont even move an inch looks like as if they are welded .
so what should be done here ???????
Old 20th October 2009, 13:51   #393
BHPian

The ideal solution is to spray onto the rusted areas with a can of WD40 and let it rest for some time before you try again.
Old 20th October 2009, 14:36   #394
Senior - BHPian

could be italian original

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
I found this picture from my photo archives, The pictures should be in the year 1992. It show my scooter with a "150" monogram above and a "Lambretta" under it. Again confusion on whether its 150CC or 125 CC !! I guess now i will have to remove the head itself and measure...
From the horn cover it appears to be an Italian one, the forerunner of the Vijay Super in India. The horncast also is definitely laVijayand not the API Lamby/Lambretta one.
Old 20th October 2009, 15:53   #395
BHPian

Congrats Karlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Greetings.

After regretably selling my last Lambretta, a one owner 62 example, the bug bit me once more and I am happy to share pictures of my latest acquisition with you - a very rare (in India) 1965 Lambretta Li 150 'Special'.

Attachment 211962
Attachment 211963
Attachment 211964
Attachment 211965

Originally purchased and registered in Ooty as MDN something, she came to Kolhapur in 1970 and stayed with the same owner since. Years of wear and tear are naturally showing, and the handle bar has been replaced with that of a Vijai. Otherwise most things are in place (barring those sleek side trim 'spears'), and she starts and runs well.

I have some queries for the Lambretta gurus out there.
  • How does this engine differ from the ones fitted to local scooters, if any?
  • Are the drums supposed to be different on this scooter (compared to what is fitted, better pics later)
  • Any sources online where I can source the orignial handle bar, headlight and meter?
  • Anything else that you see out of place?
I'm very fortunate to have got this rare machine, and look forward to restoration process.
Congrats Karlos, The scooter seems to be in good shape, at least from the picture. Do u intend to drive it as it is (by only setting right what ever is faulty) or would go for a full restoration and back to originals?

-Ilango
Old 20th October 2009, 16:23   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Congrats Karlos, The scooter seems to be in good shape, at least from the picture. Do u intend to drive it as it is (by only setting right what ever is faulty) or would go for a full restoration and back to originals?
I don't see the point using her as is, because mechanical work is required to bring her to daily use running condition. Might as well get down to the full blown restoration - all in due time of course. Till then, she will be safely stored under shelter in dry climate.
Old 20th October 2009, 20:17   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
From the horn cover it appears to be an Italian one, the forerunner of the Vijay Super in India. The horncast also is definitely laVijayand not the API Lamby/Lambretta one.
As it was discussed earlier, the scooter IS italian by all means. An Li125 s3.
And you can make out not just by the horncast design.
Old 21st October 2009, 09:34   #398
BHPian

suren tried WD 40 but no results i so jammed it looks as if welded ( both wheels The brake shoes are in same condition.
Old 21st October 2009, 16:52   #399
BHPian

Vijai Super ( Originally GP_150 in Italy where GP stood for Grand Prix )... Is no doubt ans awesome ride !!!!!
Old 21st October 2009, 17:05   #400
Senior - BHPian

Aah, brings back fond memories. My dad used to have a Lambretta when I was a kid.
I guess he sold it off around 1985, I was 9 then but remember the scooter like it was yesterday. Its reg no. was RRL 1921 (if I am not mistaken). My uncle used to have a Vijay Super until a few years back too. Awesome scooters
Old 21st October 2009, 17:19   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Shyam, see these pics of a scooter similar to mine in Delhi. It too has the twin saddle seat.

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lambretta01.jpg
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lambretta02.jpg
Old 21st October 2009, 17:30   #402
BHPian

Pics of my dad's Vijai Super Mk-II

Hi guys,
Came home of Diwali and took a ride on my dad's Vijai Super Mk-II. This machine came home in Jan 1985. After evading many of my dad's attempts to sell it off (reason - poor mileage, nonavailability of spares), succeeded in securing its place in our garage. Have attached a few pics here. My dad had the option of having an OEM fitted indicators it seems but finally settled down on one without indicators. So the left side handle had a dummy cover in place of the indicator switch. Also the front seat needs to be opened to fuel the scooter. Later on I added indicators by building a rectifier and a DC flasher and seen in the picture. Inspired by a friend's Fiero, implemented the PASS option for high beam. The red coloured relay below the floor is to cut off low beam and toggle to high beam at night.
I feel proud when people ask "You still got this scooter, do you find parts for it?". Finally thats a lovely machine which
-Ilango
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00873.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00875.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00876.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00877.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00878.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00880.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00882.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00887.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00888.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00889.jpg  

Old 21st October 2009, 22:23   #403
Senior - BHPian

Good condition Vijai's are getting real rare. Nice scoot Ilango, keep her going good .
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:50   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,
Came home of Diwali and took a ride on my dad's Vijai Super Mk-II. This machine came home in Jan 1985. After evading many of my dad's attempts to sell it off (reason - poor mileage, nonavailability of spares), succeeded in securing its place in our garage. Have attached a few pics here. My dad had the option of having an OEM fitted indicators it seems but finally settled down on one without indicators. So the left side handle had a dummy cover in place of the indicator switch. Also the front seat needs to be opened to fuel the scooter. Later on I added indicators by building a rectifier and a DC flasher and seen in the picture. Inspired by a friend's Fiero, implemented the PASS option for high beam. The red coloured relay below the floor is to cut off low beam and toggle to high beam at night.
I feel proud when people ask "You still got this scooter, do you find parts for it?". Finally thats a lovely machine which
-Ilango
A very good scooter indeed, the Carburetor looks like new. But to be honest Indicators look out of place, rectangular ones on the earlier bajaj scooters and on M80 would look slightly better.
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:59   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,
Came home of Diwali and took a ride on my dad's Vijai Super Mk-II. This machine came home in Jan 1985.
Glad to finally see pics. of your dad's scooter, ilango! And I must say this is one lovely Vijai!
Sorry, had seen your email and this post last night itself, but was too tired to reply.

This brings me memories of my old Vijai Super Mk-II, which I had from 2005-end of 06. 'had learnt driving on that one!
Although a little while before I sold it, I had converted the mudguard to a mk1 type as I much prefer that one.

I sold it partly because of the same reasons your dad wanted to sell his scoot....and also because I'd been planning to go for a Lambretta too, at a later stage when I had better access to mechanics, parts etc.

The front seat is something I've never seen before though. A "home-made" fabrication?

Last edited by Stanher : 22nd October 2009 at 10:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks