Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 22:20   #391
Senior - BHPian

Know I know how a new Lambretta would have looked like.

But I guess such vibrant color scoots were not produced then. When I saw the restored Lams and Vespas' in BCSC rally, most of them were in white/orange, white/green or full orange etc. Hardly any scoots were in dull gray or dark green etc. Guess its modded to new gen taste and to look attractive.
Old 4th March 2010, 23:14   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
now I know how a new Lambretta would have looked like.

But I guess such vibrant color scoots were not produced then. When I saw the restored Lams and Vespas' in BCSC rally, most of them were in white/orange, white/green or full orange etc. Hardly any scoots were in dull gray or dark green etc. Guess its modded to new gen taste and to look attractive.
Your statement just reminded me of this incident I forgot to mention in my last post!

'took my scoot out for another spin this evening in our township itself. 'had parked it at the same place as last time for more pics.! During which time, a number of people were going on their evening walk. They couldnt help stopping by to admire 'MDS'! All of them had one thing in common to say- " it looks like it is brand new!"

The first gent who talked to me was passing by with his dog; he was watching me for quite some time as I was taking pics.

Then spoke to me:

He: Is this a Lambretta??

Me: (Astonished!) Yes, of course!

He: You've got it painted?

Me: I've got it fully done up!

He: Yeah, that's what I was noticing, looks like it's brand new! I was at first wondering if they have brought out a new scooter in the same design. (!!)

Me: :smiling: Thank you!

Another elderly gent who also went past me stopped to admire my scooter. He left saying "I hope you preserve it for the next 20-30 years."

I said I sure would!

Reg. the colour- AFAIK, it is the most common colour for Lammys. The easiest way of identifying one! But yes, yellow and orange, although present then, werent too common originally.

Last edited by Stanher : 4th March 2010 at 23:17.
Old 5th March 2010, 00:03   #393
BHPian

Congratulation Stanher........she is beautiful.

Very nice detailed explanation of the work and process.

Wish I could do the same for my Lambretta.

cheers
Old 5th March 2010, 10:34   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
He: Yeah, that's what I was noticing, looks like it's brand new! I was at first wondering if they have brought out a new scooter in the same design. (!!)
This has happened to me thrice...people ask me from where I bought the scooter. Then I realize that they are mistaking it for a new scooter, so I tell them thats its a 1970 model, and I'm the 3rd owner! Then they say "But it looks new!". So I have to tell them that it was fully done up. It never fails to amaze me, the curiosity and fondness with which people approach me and my scoot to have a look or ask questions. Another very common thing to hear is "We used to have a Lambretta, but we sold it off. I really regret it now. Where can I get one?" This resurgence in interest for old scooters is amazing...so many can be saved, but they are getting rarer by the day. There are many tucked away in corners of Bangalore, I'm sure, but you need the right contacts to get to them.
Old 5th March 2010, 16:20   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reg. the colour- AFAIK, it is the most common colour for Lammys. The easiest way of identifying one! But yes, yellow and orange, although present then, werent too common originally.
The other common color combo was the grey and light grey. My father had one in that color. As a kid would stand in front for rides, staring at the speedo and the green light was fun and norm to me. My uncle had 3 of them all in blue and white.
Old 5th March 2010, 20:48   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
The other common color combo was the grey and light grey. My father had one in that color.
This came only on the later models I believe. Also light green+parrot green combo, sky blue + dark blue etc.They continued on the Lamby 150.
Old 5th March 2010, 21:03   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This came only on the later models I believe. Also light green+parrot green combo, sky blue + dark blue etc.They continued on the Lamby 150.
Yes yes, some were around 1980's
Old 18th March 2010, 09:59   #398
BHPian

Admin plz delete the post If this post is wrong

Trying to help my friend with his restoration of Vijay super engine work done just painting job pending as the front mudguard is missing ,
If any member has an extra one would like to part with it it would be of great help .
doesnt matter if its the turning one or the fixed one.
Thanks
Old 26th March 2010, 18:17   #399
BHPian

vijai mudguard

Hi, Maybe I can help you with that.
Do you want the turning one or the fixed one (italian type)?
Cheers
Shirish
Old 26th March 2010, 23:07   #400
Senior - BHPian

Shyam..Where did you procure the rear view mirror and the handle bar clamps for your Lammy?
Old 27th March 2010, 11:27   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Shyam..Where did you procure the rear view mirror and the handle bar clamps for your Lammy?
I provided the mirror to Stanher. It is commonly used on Bullets. You can get them in a spares shop which stocks Bullet parts. Ask for Autobird brand.
Old 27th March 2010, 22:15   #402
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sidman..Ill pick up for my Lamy too.Been wanting for long time.
Old 27th March 2010, 23:30   #403
Senior - BHPian

Ram sir try out at Kripal at afzalgunj he is a spare part dealer for Royal Enfields or Royal automobiles at Ramkote, if not both you can get one at KAY PEE Royal Enfield showroom at Ranigunj, they sell the SLD brand which comes to electra as factory fitment.
Old 5th April 2010, 16:48   #404
BHPian

I found a nice file with the complete advertising brochure and specs information for vijai Supers, both mk1 and mk2.

The link is here

http://www.scooterrestorations.com/P...collection.pdf

Enjoy.
Old 5th April 2010, 17:04   #405
BHPian

API lambretta monogram available!

Hey guys,
Sidman had mentioned the throttle and gear cable holders are brass in the original Italian headsets. I managed to source these parts for my lambretta and lamby, plus an extra brass gear pulley and aluminium throttle pulley. These are really good quality and won't break like the plastic ones. If anyone needs, pm me.
Also got some more rareish parts:
1) A nice NOS API Lambretta badge. These are rare, so if someone really needs this part for their resto I will give it to them.
2) new J brackets for the vijai stands (have one extra set).
3) new splashplates for lamby/lambretta, one is extra.

I'm looking for parts like taillight gasket, headlight rim/reflector and italian glass, lamby panel monograms (metal), rear grill, tail pipe, and veglia speedo. If anyone can help me out, please do!

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks