Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2010, 22:24   #376
Team-BHP Support

Congratz Stanher! I just noticed this, its come out really well.
Old 25th February 2010, 22:42   #377
BHPian

Congrats Stanher on this successful restoration project. The scooter really looks nice.

vok
Old 26th February 2010, 13:28   #378
BHPian

Shield Badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
OK, so finally

So it'll remain at his place for today. 'cant wait for tomorrow!

Attachment 294831

Attachment 294832
Thats a great project. How did you fix the two shield badges? Did you make a template and then transfered it on to the shield? Please share your method so that I can fix mine too!
Old 27th February 2010, 01:20   #379
Senior - BHPian

Pretty, lovely, sexy, amazing, astonishing Phew!! falling short of words Stanher Ji, I am ready with my Italian baby (vespa 64) just for your green signal.

There is a guy who owns a body building/ coach building workshop for trucks who has a collection of not less than 15-20 lambrettas and he is still adding to it, in which there is on scooter he says its 200 cc however it has a shock absorber attached to the fork on which the wheel center nut sits, I had the entire collection as vedio but it was in my old mobile was there any scooter like that or is it just an mod to enhance ride comfort.
Old 27th February 2010, 09:35   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srivathsa_Satya View Post
Thats a great project. How did you fix the two shield badges? Did you make a template and then transfered it on to the shield? Please share your method so that I can fix mine too!
Thanks vathsa! Did you mean the legshield badges? Or the side-panel ones? If the latter, they are molded ones in cast iron, available in delhi. But I intend to replace them with original aluminium ones as and when I get a pair (I have 1 for the left side already)
I suggest you try and do too. These ones though look authentic, have a tendancy of breaking on the slightest force for one thing. Dont ask me how I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Pretty, lovely, sexy, amazing, astonishing Phew!! falling short of words Stanher Ji, I am ready with my Italian baby (vespa 64) just for your green signal.
You forgot beautiphul!!
Anyways, I too am ready waiting for hillram's green signal! Also had a ride on my lammy last night, just around our society. 'felt awesome! Here are a couple of pics. I took too. The speedo dial illuminated looks wicked! Sorry about the clarity though.

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-img_5239.jpg

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-img_5241.jpg

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-img_5242.jpg

Quote:
There is a guy who owns a body building/ coach building workshop for trucks who has a collection of not less than 15-20 lambrettas and he is still adding to it, in which there is on scooter he says its 200 cc however it has a shock absorber attached to the fork on which the wheel center nut sits, was there any scooter like that or is it just an mod to enhance ride comfort.
Interesting to know about this collection! Where in hyd. is it? You owe me a trip down there!
There were 200cc GP Lambrettas with this additional damper on the front forks, built by SIL alongisde the Vijai Supers (which were again originally GP so were identical) But only export-based. Does this scooter look like that?

Last edited by Stanher : 27th February 2010 at 09:38.
Old 27th February 2010, 11:54   #381
Senior - BHPian

Aha WONDERPHUL!!! Raat Ke Raani (The insect which Illuminates in the dark) sorry forgot its name.

The meter is not wicked for me its excellent. May god bless you with all the requirements for your collections.

Stanher garu the green lamp on the handle bar reminds me of those days when I used to stand in the front and stare at the Green bulb on my Chittappas (dads bro) lambretta. thanks for the sweet memories.
Old 27th February 2010, 12:18   #382
Senior - BHPian

Finding

Stanher I am not sure but somehow I feel there should be a rubber here (the circled place) as I am not sure if it comes for this beauty.

Aur Kya Photo session is due.
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-img_5226.jpg  

Old 27th February 2010, 14:49   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Aha WONDERPHUL!!! Raat Ke Raani (The insect which Illuminates in the dark) sorry forgot its name.

Stanher garu the green lamp on the handle bar reminds me of those days when I used to stand in the front and stare at the Green bulb on my Chittappas (dads bro) lambretta.
Well, as for the insect, I know its name in English is firefly atleast!

Quote:
Stanher I am not sure but somehow I feel there should be a rubber here (the circled place) as I am not sure if it comes for this beauty.
Aah yes, you're absolutely right!! I totally forgot about fitting this bumpstop rubber!
'will get one right-away! Thanks for pointing it out to me!
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:21   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Shyam, she looks great. Do give us some pictures of the scoot with the Standard, considering their similar paint schemes it would be an interesting proposition.
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:02   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Congratulations Shyam, she looks great. Do give us some pictures of the scoot with the Standard, considering their similar paint schemes it would be an interesting proposition.
Sure, 'do intend to do once I get the car up and running so as to be able to move it out for a proper photoshoot.
Old 4th March 2010, 09:42   #386
BHPian

Finally, congrats! Scoot is looking great! The completion of this restoration is like a prisoner of war returning to his family after being imprisoned for years in a foreign country!
Old 4th March 2010, 21:28   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
Finally, congrats! Scoot is looking great! The completion of this restoration is like a prisoner of war returning to his family after being imprisoned for years in a foreign country!
Haha! Thanks sid! 'couldnt have said it better than this myself!!

OK, here is a treat to y'all for your kind words- some eye-candy!

Speaking of which- I finally braved the attempt of fixing the (replica) innocenti horncast badge the other day. The retaining clip felt surprisingly strong in its grip, I couldnt take the badge off after the photo session was over!!
So I just let it be! It'd take more effort than that to pull it off clandestinely, so my fears can rest for now!

'plan to buy a cover for her soon nevertheless- I think that of Bajaj Eliminator would fit fine?

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-img_5247.jpg

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-img_5250.jpg

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-img_5251.jpg

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-img_5254.jpg

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-img_5255.jpg

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-img_5269.jpg
Stanher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2010, 21:35   #388
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Stanher;1765361
'plan to buy a cover for her soon nevertheless- I think that of Bajaj Eliminator would fit fine? [/quote]

Your scoot is looking real good. Bye the way when i dought cover for my avenger/ eliminator, i had to go for Bullet one's cause noe was avilable for Eliminator and now i don't use it any more.
Old 4th March 2010, 21:40   #389
Senior - BHPian

Stanher: Final outcome is just amazing.

StanHer's other name can be LambLove.
Old 4th March 2010, 22:04   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Stanher: Final outcome is just amazing.

StanHer's other name can be LambLove.
Thanks manish & arun! Hmmm.....we can make it LamLove!

Last edited by Stanher : 4th March 2010 at 22:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks