Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2009, 00:31   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA7VA5 View Post
I am glad to be supporting both of you with parts and it keeps my interest levels very high because with each part passing through my hands I feel as if its my own project.
You have helped us extensively, and I have gotten a lot of inspiration and insight from you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Sidman,
Nice to see the work progressing on your scoot! 'am sure it will progress far better than the speed at which mine has!
Let's see! At last, your engine is getting done! I guess all 3 of us will be done with our restos in a month, what do you think? Then we could have a Lambretta Picture Gallery!
Some updates from resto work on MEB 1222:
The engine is almost rebuilt. Its been taken apart, cleaned, rebored, and had all bearings/seals/bolts/shims (all high wear n tear parts) replaced. The gears were in good shape, only the gear star was worn.
The crankcase has been buffed.
All the really good screws, nuts and bolts removed from the scoot were cleaned up and zinc-plated.
Someone else who saw these pics thought they were from the net...they are not. Photos below:
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-image728.jpg  

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-image740.jpg  

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-image748.jpg  

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-image737.jpg  

Last edited by Sidman : 17th May 2009 at 00:41.
Old 17th May 2009, 13:53   #107
BHPian

Forgot to mention the braking system upgrade. We're fitting the braking system from a Vijai Super, as it has more "bite".
Old 19th May 2009, 13:40   #108
BHPian

Great to see both you guys scooters getting done (stanher and Sidman)

meanwhile i got another Lambretta from Coimbatore through a friend

attaching a few pics of it
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-lmbr-1.jpg  

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-lmbr-2.jpg  

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-hpim4225.jpg  

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-hpim4228.jpg  

Old 19th May 2009, 22:34   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambro View Post
Great to see both you guys scooters getting done (stanher and Sidman) meanwhile i got another Lambretta from Coimbatore through a friend attaching a few pics of it
Thanks! Nice scoot there...obviously been "personalized". Its got M800 indicators on the legshields...I really don't like those
The huge rear seat is practical...if I may suggest a special name for this scoot: Lambretta LI 150 Series 2 - Family Edition
The other embellishments are nice...just a few questions:
The tyres on this scoot look pretty good...Modistone tyres, which you see on this scooter, have exited the tyre market, I understand. Is there some source of NOS Modistone scooter tyres?
This scooter has dampeners at the front...a very nice mod! How did you get hold of them...good kits are not easy to get?
What kind of Lambretta LI 150 legshield badge is that? I've seen something similar once before, and now I see it again. Could we have some closer pics?
How are the indicators used? You have a switch fitted somewhere? The switch box on the right of the handlebar looks a little different, is it stock or a different switch box?
Is it stock 6V, or converted to 12V? I would imagine that it is, looking at the other "practical" mods.
Overall, a nice-looking bike with enhanced utility...its just the indicators that don't fit in
Before I forget...do I see a "Doctor" sticker on this bike?

Last edited by Sidman : 19th May 2009 at 22:39.
Old 20th May 2009, 01:48   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
Thats the Lambretta logo, u would see the older models like the D and LD had a sheild badge like this sticker. Wonder where he got this sticker from, a real nice add-on.
Attached Images

Old 21st May 2009, 17:07   #111
BHPian

Thanks sid,
the back seat was for his big wife

even i don't like the indicators, will take it off when it goes for paint

she is been converted to 12v brighter lights and electrical s, the switches have been changed.

posting another pic after a wash and removing the spare wheel and the rear seat, changed the front seat too, for the time being

check it out
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-lmbr-3.jpg  

Old 25th May 2009, 09:18   #112
Senior - BHPian

API crank shaft

Guys,

how much is worth for a Bran new old stock API made Lambretta crank shaft is ?
Old 25th May 2009, 11:30   #113
BHPian

Guys, I need a small clarification. How much is the supply voltage for the brake lamp in the Vijai Super Mark - II (1985)? The stator plate is the original one which came along with the scooter.
Old 25th May 2009, 21:00   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Thats the Lambretta logo, u would see the older models like the D and LD had a sheild badge like this sticker. Wonder where he got this sticker from, a real nice add-on.
@ sidman.........That sticker is "King George V ' Dragon" , it was fitted to Great Britain Lambs, on 46 th anniversary of "Innocenti", but it wud be brass one as in my scooter.
@ Tuffryder.., That sticker is mine, I gave to the previous owner( Mr Selvaraj) any way finally the sticker reached our Gowtham (Lambro ???)
Old 25th May 2009, 21:30   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
Thanks! Nice scoot there...obviously been "personalized". Its got M800 indicators on the legshields...I really don't like those
The huge rear seat is practical...if I may suggest a special name for this scoot: Lambretta LI 150 Series 2 - Family Edition
The other embellishments are nice...just a few questions:
The tyres on this scoot look pretty good...Modistone tyres, which you see on this scooter, have exited the tyre market, I understand. Is there some source of NOS Modistone scooter tyres?
This scooter has dampeners at the front...a very nice mod! How did you get hold of them...good kits are not easy to get?
What kind of Lambretta LI 150 legshield badge is that? I've seen something similar once before, and now I see it again. Could we have some closer pics?
How are the indicators used? You have a switch fitted somewhere? The switch box on the right of the handlebar looks a little different, is it stock or a different switch box?
Is it stock 6V, or converted to 12V? I would imagine that it is, looking at the other "practical" mods.
Overall, a nice-looking bike with enhanced utility...its just the indicators that don't fit in
Hi sidman,
I saw this scoot in flesh,..........clean scoot overall !!
1) Those trafficator lights are of " Premier Padmini ", though provision for Battery was there, think there was no connections.
2) Regarding front Damper mod : This is not a damper, its a shock absorber....so it doesnt work for the purpose ,for it was done.
& more than that TOP fittment clamps are not in line with bottom EYE of the shock, its goes inclined towards the fork at Top, when the original suspension pivot travels its ARC RADIUS while working, naturally you will get either " Under Steer or Over Steer " Feeling.
( Tommorow, I'll post pics of the front Lambretta Damper, which I have) { @ Lambro........I told this to Guru also & asked him to take my Damper bracket as sample to fix your Top bracket!!)
3) Its not Doctor sticker,........its " King George V 's Dragon ",originally came as Brass badges ( see my scoot pic posted here), I will post a closer veiw of that badge tomm

ps: If you are really interested in "front Dampers " plz pm for more info
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-mylamberttali150.jpg  

Old 26th May 2009, 09:37   #116
BHPian

Hi Powertwin,
Could you please post a picture of how two mirrors have been bolted to the scooter? This is just for my understanding.
Old 26th May 2009, 20:47   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
@ sidman.........That sticker is "King George V ' Dragon" , it was fitted to Great Britain Lambs, on 46 th anniversary of "Innocenti", but it wud be brass one as in my scooter.
@ Tuffryder.., That sticker is mine, I gave to the previous owner( Mr Selvaraj) any way finally the sticker reached our Gowtham (Lambro ???)
@ sidman & Tuffryder:
Plz find the closeup pics of the "Dragon Badge" in my Lamb !!
& also Lambretta front damper,with fittment bracket & clamp ( which I have planned to fit in my VS).
* Have also posted the "Vespa 150" company instructions sticker of my Vespa 150 (1960)......Piaggio., Genoa., Italy.
** Also "ASRA" Sticker from my vespa { ASRA -- American Scooter Racing Association }( sorry ,my cam's macro mode refuses to work today...so poor resolution
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-sdc11128.jpg  

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-sdc11129.jpg  

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-sdc11124.jpg  

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-sdc11125.jpg  

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-sdc11131.jpg  

Lambretta scooters - Restoration & Maintenance-sdc11135.jpg  

Old 27th May 2009, 10:03   #118
BHPian

Thanks power twin, guru told me about the issue and the story of the sticker.

Are you going for the vintage rally in Ooty this weekend ?

Hopefully i should be able to make it.
Old 27th May 2009, 22:27   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks power twin, guru told me about the issue and the story of the sticker.

Nopes !!, have some other very very important work.
Hope you guys enjoy this weekend with different Vintage machines.
Have asked my boys to participate in the Rally & show , but they are hesitating.
............yes am missing, thought of riding my BSA BB31 at least, But , by the way you are Gokul isnt it ??
Old 28th May 2009, 09:53   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Do share detailed pictures of all the cars and bikes participating, we would love to see what the classic car scene is like there. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks