Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 12:34   #421
Team-BHP Support

ehm i can confirm that Tiffosi is not Jayakrishnan Anyways it was great to ride on the violet bus and the yellow bug.
Old 27th July 2010, 21:09   #422
BHPian

Great pics there Pavan. There s news to you, i am working in Volkswagen now . I am back to Blore and settled in Volkswagen dealership at Magarath road. So i ll slowly be a frequent visitor to ur garages to catch up with some gyan from you.
Old 28th July 2010, 11:18   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Great pics there Pavan. There s news to you, i am working in Volkswagen now . I am back to Blore and settled in Volkswagen dealership at Magarath road. So i ll slowly be a frequent visitor to ur garages to catch up with some gyan from you.
Dear Srikant, first of all i would congratulate you for being a part of vw group,this is a good news for all the vw guys here, and we all expect you to help us some parts that vw of mexico is making and will be making till 2013 for the aircooled vehicles, i have tried with many mails etc with my local vw dealer, but they hardly show any intrest in old cars,may be you will be a great help,any ways sorry for being meen, and all the best for your bright future in a bright city B'lore
regards-Gill
Old 28th July 2010, 12:28   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
Dear Srikant, first of all i would congratulate you for being a part of vw group,this is a good news for all the vw guys here, and we all expect you to help us some parts that vw of mexico is making and will be making till 2013 for the aircooled vehicles, i have tried with many mails etc with my local vw dealer, but they hardly show any intrest in old cars,may be you will be a great help,any ways sorry for being meen, and all the best for your bright future in a bright city B'lore
regards-Gill
inderpal saheb,
actually you should be pursuing the VW classic parts centre in WOLFSBURG .according to my info they still have quite a few genuine VW german parts with them
It is better not to go for mexican parts for pre76 beetles because most of them were manufactured using german parts.
Old 28th July 2010, 20:38   #425
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
You know my house, do you need an invitation, Will be waiting for you this Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
inderpal saheb,
actually you should be pursuing the VW classic parts centre in WOLFSBURG .according to my info they still have quite a few genuine VW german parts with them
It is better not to go for mexican parts for pre76 beetles because most of them were manufactured using german parts.

True ajay, but the prices are sky high and commoners like us cant afford such stuff.

Also, your dear friend has still not sent me the list of parts available with him.
Old 29th July 2010, 14:15   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
inderpal saheb,
well ajay, i had been to wolfsburg during my last vist to germany in 08, they have some few parts like axle boots oils eals and some few consumable parts not the parts we need for restoration, it was the same time i got a birth cerificate for my super bug, as for mexican parts the aftermarket parts may be compromising quality but the parts made by vw mexico are equally good as they are backed by vw group and are made regularly to fetch the nead for on road aircooled beetles in mexico which were made by peubla plant till 03,vw makes parts for all the models till 10 years after the manufacturing of the model ends,eg the half engine made by vw mexico is a o mileage engine with ve warranty and latest hydrolic tappets,i wish we can get those in India, and our bugs will run like new cars on roads,without much efforts
Old 30th July 2010, 05:50   #427
BHPian

Quote:
regards-Gill
Thanks you, I dont know much about procurement as i am still new. But i shall surely help you in whatever way i can. You can count on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
You know my house, do you need an invitation, Will be waiting for you this Sunday.

True ajay, but the prices are sky high and commoners like us cant afford such stuff.

Also, your dear friend has still not sent me the list of parts available with him.
Sure , i ll land up some day, would love to, but not this sunday as i have some family duties to attend to. I shall give you a call and come sometime later.
Old 30th July 2010, 07:30   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

This is picture of this thread. Loved it. Your passion is shared by your children too!!

Old 30th July 2010, 07:54   #429
Distinguished - BHPian

Or is it this one?
Old 31st July 2010, 23:44   #430
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
This is picture of this thread. Loved it. Your passion is shared by your children too!!

Thanks buddy.

True, its good to cultivate the habit to the young ones at a very early age, they will know the true value of the car as they grow.
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-img_1950.jpg  

Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-img_1957.jpg  

Old 1st August 2010, 08:50   #431

Love the photos- early Bays from 68-72 are possibly getting as popular as the Splittie pre 1967.

This is a 1970 we restored for our grandson
This is GioVANni before and after-link is to progress of resto
THE KOMBI KONNECTION :: GioVANni back from paint shop
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-giovannilhside.jpg  

Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-giovanni235hpno1.jpg  

Old 5th August 2010, 20:01   #432
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
Love the photos- early Bays from 68-72 are possibly getting as popular as the Splittie pre 1967.

This is a 1970 we restored for our grandson
This is GioVANni before and after-link is to progress of resto
THE KOMBI KONNECTION :: GioVANni back from paint shop
Wow, nice restoration link. Love it

True, i am amazed at the way this Bus takes off with just a feathertouch on the accelerator.

Getting the much awaited 3M underbody coating. Had done Weurth earlier, but surprisingly its just cracked up at many places.
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-imag_0400.jpg  

Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-imag_0402.jpg  

Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-imag_0403.jpg  

Old 5th August 2010, 21:02   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

he is in your city itself,I thought you had contacted him.
Please contact him directly.Saw this post just now
Old 6th August 2010, 10:44   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, nice restoration link. Love it

True, i am amazed at the way this Bus takes off with just a feathertouch on the accelerator.

Getting the much awaited 3M underbody coating. Had done Weurth earlier, but surprisingly its just cracked up at many places.
what a coincicense even i bought a litre @rs 270 as a trial, hope its a good product as 3M has,,,what your review
Old 6th August 2010, 13:19   #435
BANNED

Quote:
what a coincicense even i bought a litre @rs 270 as a trial, hope its a good product as 3M has,,,what your review
Yes Sir, good co-incidence.

Though the product is sold at a good price too, so the useage of local product "PITCH" is negated.

Work has started, lets see how it works..
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-imag_0419.jpg  

Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-imag_0420.jpg  

Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-imag_0421.jpg  

Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-imag_0422.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks