Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2019, 19:03   #28201
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

On the bus vs truck accident on page 1876, I felt like the truck did lose the brakes. The truck did not feel like it was slowing down, ultimately it mowed down the traffic in the opposite lane.
Old 2nd April 2019, 19:07   #28202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagpreetsingh View Post
... Don't we all get stuck behind buses that just stop to pick/drop passengers.
Exactly. The truck driver should have waited like all of us.

We learnt from observation. He didn't. Someone innocent got killed.
Old 2nd April 2019, 19:21   #28203
Senior - BHPian

Over speeding. I think most of the Indian drivers are hard-wired not to slow down even if there is a danger ahead, not defensive enough.

ecenandu is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 20:42   #28204
BHPian

A couple escaped with just minor injuries in spite of going under the car.

Nimalan is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 20:43   #28205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Another accident involving a truck and a mini truck.
You know how on some familiar roads we know the regular bus stops and change lanes well ahead to avoid being stuck behind a stopped bus?

Looks to me the driver of this truck is well aware of the bus stop and "knows" traffic coming on other lane will make space for his gargantuan machine rolling down with that momentum. Right-of-way be damned!

Most times the opposite vehicles do make way. Turns out, this time around that could not be ensured.

Although the bus chap is not fully innocent, I don't see any way how the tuck driver is not 100% responsible for the events we've seen.
Old 3rd April 2019, 07:43   #28206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
The biker, who was most at fault for suddenly changing lane (no RVMs) and then stopping dead centre on the road, had no qualms about checking up on his pillion rider while limping away from the accident.
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:29   #28207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
The biker, who was most at fault for suddenly changing lane (no RVMs) and then stopping dead centre on the road, had no qualms about checking up on his pillion rider while limping away from the accident.
Well, if he doesn't have the brains to pull over to the side of the road by checking his mirrors and then stopping , he wouldn't be bothered about his pillion or rider either.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:40   #28208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Well, if he doesn't have the brains to pull over to the side of the road by checking his mirrors and then stopping , he wouldn't be bothered about his pillion or rider either.
Well, with that being said how the hell was he able to walk with the car's wheels going over him!? It's not even a light car. Lucky him. Also, its good that the road was almost smooth with no traffic behind or anywhere around.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 13:38   #28209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
There are no excuses for that head-on collision with the mini-truck on its side of the road.
Yes, maybe there are no excuses but everyone who posted on this mishap missed one important observation.

The "truck" in question was not actually a normal truck with a one-piece body but a trailer-truck, if you may call it that, with a seperate trailer carrier attached to a pulling truck. A ditto similar ditto one just passed by a bit earlier in the clip. Now how does that matter? Well, for starters these vehicles have totally different dynamics from normal trucks especially on braking.

The way i see it, even if that "truck" had applied full brakes at the speed it was going, the outcome(for the mini truck at least) would have been the same or worse. Because if the driver had jammed the brakes, the rear trailer would have fishtailed with its rear pulling out immediatley and gone into a drift-like position and still hit the mini truck with possibly more force than it did. These boys don't stop in a straight line on very hard braking. Everyone missed that possibility and I think the driver knew this. Worse, these trailers get into a jack-knife position and sometimes topple in the process and this could have made it bang into the bus too. I think this could have turned out much worse than it did for everyone if the trailer had done a drift maneuver.

That said I'm not at all saying the trailer driver did a noble thing exactly. He was distracted and also overspeeding. But the overall outcome could/would have been much worse if the trailer jack-knifed. The mini truck was also very fast. I think the bus braking was not exactly abrupt, if you look closely and if the trailer guy was more attentive we all wouldn't have been writing all of this.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 14:06   #28210
Distinguished - BHPian

Your final paragraph is correct. The truck was probably going too fast for the road and its dynamics. Don't try to offer the truck's dynamics as an excuse. In fact it further damns the driver. Such a driver is supposed to be a professional with the required skills and abilities. He should be in prison.

Has there been any further news about this accident? I wonder if I missed any post.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 14:22   #28211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Over speeding. I think most of the Indian drivers are hard-wired not to slow down even if there is a danger ahead, not defensive enough.
I'm seething right now looking at this - because the first thought that came to my mind was, what if that poor kid that got run over was my daughter?

I hope the driver is never allowed to get near a vehicle again.
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 18:05   #28212
BHPian

I use the NICE Road to travel to Electronic City.
Yesterday there was a fire which took place approx 2km from the NICE EC exit.
2nd April 2019
Fire Seen from a Distance but not sure what happened.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20190402-09.39.27.jpeg
On reaching the spot after 20 minutes or more .
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20190402-12.21.18.jpeg

Now today a accident happened on the opposite side of the road before Kanakapura junction.
Was in my colleagues car today and his Aukey dashcam captured the event but he is yet to copy it to his laptop.
Crazy thing the TATA Lorry just flipped to it side, luckily no biker was there or car.
3rd April 2019
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20190403-14.13.44-1.jpeg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20190403-14.13.44.jpeg
Old 4th April 2019, 10:19   #28213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I don't know mate, if you watch that video carefully you may note that the truck was 2 seconds behind the bus and going far too fast for what is essentially a town street.

This is the Mumbai Goa highway and not a town street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The truck driver ought to have been driving a lot slower that he was. You see, if he was going slower, he would have had enough time to stop.

In this region every one drives at about 50 - 60 kph, you cannot be either faster or slower than the rest of the traffic, as chances for overtaking are few and come after long periods.

The truck has braked, as you see weight transfer to the tractor, and its front dipping before the driver swerves away from tailing the bus. The trucker is at fault, as he should have kept a much larger distance between himself and the bus.

Rahul

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th April 2019 at 23:42. Reason: Typos.
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 12:02   #28214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Such morons should never ever be allowed to drive any vehicle ever again. These idiots are the reason an innocent person loses his/her life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
60% bikers fault for dancing in the middle of the highway road without any ounce of idea what's happening around him.
40% fault of Merc driver as clearly car was overspeeding and he failed to see what biker is doing in time.

It's a miracle both survived inspite of the hard hit and car running over them.

On a side note good to see the car people helping them instead of running away from the scene.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th April 2019 at 13:08. Reason: video links removed
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 13:45   #28215
Distinguished - BHPian

If somebody jumps in front of your car how can you avoid them? Total disregard by the rider, totally fault of the rider.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks