Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2023, 22:18   #38356
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt3t0uring View Post
Had a similar incident with my Ignis, a pizza delivery guy backed into it leaving a dent on the rear quarter panel.
This exact same thing happened to me today in one of the bylanes of Thippasandra (random dude took his bike out backwards from within a house compound to the road where it is a downslope, and hit my left rear door). Any qualified PDR techs in Bangalore?
Old 23rd June 2023, 12:15   #38357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Actually, I have caused a road accident in the past in the exact same situation.

I have written an entire thread on this here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...-kindness.html (Accidents can be caused by excessive kindness!)

I know by now that if I drive in a sane fashion, other drivers will take care of themselves safely. I know better than to let someone by just because I feel magnanimous.
That was a good read. As long as there is a single lane in one direction, I think it is fine
to give way (should only be done by the larger vehicle and not bikes). From the perspective of the person making the dangerous move (right turn or crossing a busy road) a better way would be to avoid them completely. In cities it is often possible to just drive down a block and find another junction or an intersection with actual traffic lights where one can make the necessary turn/crossing. It is often faster and less fuel consuming than taking the "shortest path" .

Just found out that there are even routing support

https://support.route4me.com/route4m...-web-platform/
electric_eel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 12:56   #38358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_eel View Post
From the perspective of the person making the dangerous move (right turn or crossing a busy road) a better way would be to avoid them completely. In cities it is often possible to just drive down a block and find another junction or an intersection with actual traffic lights where one can make the necessary turn/crossing. It is often faster and less fuel consuming than taking the "shortest path" .
+1 to that. Why risk one's life and limb in taking a right turn when there's a risk of being rear-ended? One can always drive down to a lesser "hotspot" (i.e., where it's easier to take a U turn or something) and get to where one wants to go.
Old 23rd June 2023, 15:55   #38359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I am now asking my neighbour to produce the fellow before me, but I'm not sure what compensation I can ask the guy to pay up.
It is important to tell the fellow that "he was caught in the act", so that he's more careful next time. Ideally some money should be asked which will be deterrent for him in future. Whether you actually take his money or not, it's entirely your call.
AutoNoob is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 17:05   #38360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Unfortunately had my car bonnet dented by a careless mechanic
There is a slope where his bike is parked, is that due to the manhole?
Just look at the careless attitude of the mechanic. He realized that he bumped into the car, casually looked back, and then nothing. No sign of any remorse!

And the way his bike jumps forward after slotting into first gear, makes me wonder if that person knows how to ride or handle a bike well.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 07:36   #38361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I just keep imagining, whatever would have been Parents' compulsion to send their child in a over-loaded auto-rick. I've known many well-to-do parents who do this.
You are bang on spot. I have seen people earning salaries of 1 crore per year who send their kids in such contraptions.
1)A larger vehicle like a car or bus won't try this stunt of a diagonal right turn.
2) The bus seems to have braked throughout with wheels locked. Looks like the bus driver tried his best given the circumstances
3)A bus or a car will better protect the occupants. Had the kids been wearing seat belts in a car they would have been relatively OK. The intrusion doesn't seem to have reached to the far rear even in the auto.
Old 25th June 2023, 16:23   #38362
BHPian

How can this happen, is it a combination of high speed and understeering?

Old 25th June 2023, 22:17   #38363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
How can this happen, is it a combination of high speed and
To the extent I observed there was no steering input after the first curve. As if the second curve was not anticipated and the driver was too fast to react on time. If there was overseer from first curve then the rear would have whipped around. Instead the driver went straight into the barrier.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 23:36   #38364
BHPian

Quote:
Possibly due to a non-ABS car, too much speed into the corner and applied brakes, wheels locked and it went straight without any steering inputs.

Without belt, They should count their stars to be alive.

Last edited by NomadSK : 25th June 2023 at 23:38.
Old 26th June 2023, 13:30   #38365
BHPian

In South Delhi, a Lamborghini Urus collides with an auto-rickshaw, injuring two people.

According to police, an auto driver and his passenger were seriously injured after a Lamborghini Urus collided with their car at the Savitri Flyover in south Delhi's CR Park neighborhood on Sunday morning.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-policehavetakenthedriverofthecarintocusto_1687719794201.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-lam1.jpeg

Link to News Portal
GhostGrid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 14:10   #38366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How can this happen
Assuming this was on RHD roads (youtube says it was between Jammu & Chandigarh) the car was already in the wrong lane. He was cutting corners without bothering about oncoming traffic on a Ghat road. Car did not move back to correct lane or even attempt to take the upcoming left turn instead hold straight onto the mountain face.

Basically unsafe driving for hills, accident was bound to happen and glad it looked like not a fatal crash.
svsantosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 14:25   #38367
BHPian

Quote:
It looks like there was no steering input at all and no attempt was made to turn. Glad that no other vehicle was managed.

On a general note, I am scared of such drivers in ghat sections. The driver is all over the road, driving on the wrong/opposite lane. The way he enters the previous turn, he is completely on the opposite lane.
I cannot still understand how one drives like this, don't they even value their life. The same applies to vehicles overtaking on blind turns.
Meph1st0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 17:44   #38368
BHPian

Quote:
I think the video also has been sped-up by the media channel, making it look like a high speed crash. The few seconds, during the start of the video, i think is the correct speed.
Old 27th June 2023, 08:47   #38369
BHPian

https://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news...?ocid=msedgntp

happened in Coimbatore
Old 27th June 2023, 09:16   #38370
BHPian

Quote:
I think the video also has been sped-up by the media channel, making it look like a high speed crash.
Yeah something between 0.5 to 0.75 is the correct speed.

The car driver should be charged with murder, nothing else. Did he expect the two wheeler to magically disappear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks