Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2023, 13:04   #38671
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
There definitely truck driver is at fault.
Just saw the clip again. "Fault" is a big understatement, this is attempted murder. I dont see any reason why the truck had to swerve.

I wonder if it was the outcome of road rage.
anandhsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 16:50   #38672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Please do not take this guy seriously. He claims that people share their videos with him but he just picks up content from the internet and adds his name and then lousy commentary on videos. He took my photos from Team-BHP thread and did the same.
Plus clickbait titles and ridiculous analyses on crashes and "crashworthiness". Just a terrible channel creating a dire cult of fanboys and marketing fodder for certain brands. Comments are a testament to the fact that how these "safety influencers" are doing a terrible job if anything.

Last edited by epiccross : 11th August 2023 at 16:51.
epiccross is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 22:29   #38673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaylad View Post
The impact of the collision was so severe that the driver was forcefully ejected from the vehicle
The cars in NCAP tests face roughly 40G of deceleration. Yet dummies don't get ejected.
People usually don't get ejected if they are wearing a seat belt. The tourist must not have worn one
Old 12th August 2023, 07:03   #38674
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone identify this car?

Is it the Scorpio?

Old 12th August 2023, 10:34   #38675
BHPian

A truck loaded with apple boxes skid off near Theog, Shimla
trippytragopan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2023, 13:19   #38676
BHPian

A Creta hit a tiger and it died afterwards. Poor soul; really painful to watch!

Last edited by Aditya : 12th August 2023 at 18:10. Reason: Grammar
ramki.grandhi is offline   (28) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 12th August 2023, 15:54   #38677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=ZbX__u_eWpo
This particular video was too painful to watch. Seeing the majestic tiger dragging itself in pain was too much to bear. Tiger numbers are already low and the loss on a male tiger due to human negligence is indigestible.

Another reason why it struck me very hard is because I was a regular at a campaign in Bandipur Tiger Reserve where the whole intention was to avoid such incidents. We used to advice road users not to drive fast, not to stop and tease animals and to avoid going near animals.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th August 2023 at 18:10. Reason: Quoted post edited
Satish Pari is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 12th August 2023, 16:37   #38678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Unbelievable!

This minister V. Sivankutty is the Education Minister. Laughable, really. And, did the minister really not stop?
The minister did stop and left only after he was assured by the officials that everything would be taken care of. Some news outlets reported that he did not stop without verifying the claims.
harikrishnansp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2023, 18:05   #38679
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
As an animal lover and an admirer of tigers, this is very painful to watch. One less in our country.

This is unacceptable. I don't understand why people don't drive carefully through wildlife corridors. Recently I had seen a video of a leopard getting stuck in the front bumper of a hatchback.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th August 2023 at 18:10.
Aditya is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 02:48   #38680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satish Pari View Post
..campaign in Bandipur Tiger Reserve where the whole intention was to avoid such incidents. We used to advice road users not to drive fast, not to stop and tease animals and to avoid going near animals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
.. don't understand why people don't drive carefully through wildlife corridors. .
Its a known fact that most wild animals especially predatory animals venture out of their hiding during night time onto roads that go through reserve forests.
That is the sole reason most forest roads are closed for traffice during night times.

This stretch of road through Bandipur used to be closed to traffic during the night times from dusk until dawn but that rule seems to have been unfortunately relaxed. This accident clearly happened at night.

No amount of campaigns to bring about awareness will be effective in preventing such mishaps with animals as these will not reach the huge population with significant number of genuinly ignorant ones or those who wouldn't care about wildlife safety and preservation.

If the intention is to allow traffic through forest roads at night, then the Government has to:
(1) Either construct completely fenced forest roads with underpasses at frequent intervals for animals to pass through safely
or
(2) Alternatively at enormous cost (though well worth the spend) construct elevated roads on pillars through these already dwindling and precious forest stretches, so that animals can safely pass under these elevated roads throughout the forest.

Keeping the animals totally away from the path of approaching vehicles is the only way to effectively save them on a consistent and sustainable basis.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 13th August 2023 at 02:58.
for_cars1 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 10:01   #38681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigar1791@gmail View Post
Saw this video on my YT feed -
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=yD3Syv7IpgM

Looks like the biker is at fault here, though, the truck seems to be overspeeding.

However, the road looks like a NH with proper intersection markings and other identifiers.

Why? Why are bikers always in a hurry OR they never bother to check the traffic when attempting a turn?
Hope the truck driver is safe, and the CCTV footage should spare him from further troubles and harassment with the law enforcement agencies.

AND, the biker..?
Bikers on Indian roads possess the maximum threat as far as accidents are concerned. Most two wheeler riders drive with very scant respect to rules and basic road traffic etiquette. Most two wheelers don't have insurance coverage. Most two wheelers aren't serviced regularly. Millions of two wheelers are older than 15 years. Similar logic applies to most two wheeler riders. Risky and irresponsible riding. Helmetless. Triple seat riding. Many ride at speeds higher than 80 kmph. Lane cutting on NHs. Riding on the middle and fast lanes instead of the left most lanes. The list goes on.
The ONLY solution is let them be and keep a safe distance from these unpredictable riders. If any accident happens, the blame will always fall on the bigger vehicle.
Aloneatma is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 10:03   #38682
BHPian

This one shows a head on collision between a MG Hector and a bus on the wrong side of the road.
Luckily no one seems to be hurt.

Bus drivers are some of the most reckless on the road, and need to be reined in firmly.

https://twitter.com/rushlane/status/...2372131840001?
Mustang Sammy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 10:49   #38683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
I don't understand why people don't drive carefully through wildlife corridors.
I've asked this question to one of my acquaintances, when I heard how fast he was driving through Bandipur forest roads. His exact response "We have very bad roads in Bangalore with tons of potholes, I hardly get to enjoy driving in the city. Now I see beautiful smooth roads and relatively free, so I enjoy driving fast"

There are few reasons why he is not my friend and just an acquaintance, and he keep giving me more reasons!

Last edited by Axe77 : 17th August 2023 at 05:47. Reason: Poorly typed post. Cleaning up.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 10:54   #38684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
This one shows a head on collision between a MG Hector and a bus on the wrong side of the road.
Luckily no one seems to be hurt.

Bus drivers are some of the most reckless on the road, and need to be reined in firmly.

https://twitter.com/rushlane/status/...2372131840001?
Streets are wet.
Bus driver is not just driving in opposite lane but speeding too. Hector even stopped fully and bus driver still couldn't. Hector guys are lucky to escape with just car damage.

This driver's license should be cancelled and put behind bars.
harry10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 11:07   #38685
BHPian

In today's Times of India, Pune.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20230813_110306.jpg  

adi.mariner is online now   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks