Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2023, 22:01   #38476

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Looks like the Alto in the front got smashed by another boulder at the same time and stopped by the truck. Hope those occupants too made it.

Is it another car already toppled in the side next to Harrier in the Video?
There were fatalities in the Alto in front and also in the Wagon R to the left of Harrier (the big rock hit the Wagon R after Harrier).

sanemate is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 23:09   #38477
BHPian

Horrific accident involving multiple vehicles on NH 45 (Chennai - Trichy Highway).
Apparently happened near Tindivanam.

Disclaimer : Video received on WhatsApp, source unknown. I am not the owner of the video. Nor can I vouch for the reliabity of the details of the incident (like location).

Edit: Found media report on the accident, which apparently happened 6 days back -

Last edited by sparameswaran : 14th July 2023 at 23:28. Reason: Added link to media report on the incident reported
sparameswaran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 10:47   #38478
BANNED

Had an accident when I was cycling today. I live in Chennai, in Sithalapakkam. I have a Mach City 26'. It is a very strong one, and I love it. While I was just 10-20 meters away from my home, a group of pigs decided to cross the road. I successfully dodged 2 pigs, while the third one dashes straight into my front wheel, causing me to fall. The fourth one hit me in the center, so the cycle was thrown away. The fifth pig ran over the cycle.

I am safe, just minor bruises from the road, but I seriously doubt the safety in Indian roads. I have been cycling for over 12 years, and this is my first accident.

Ride safe guys!
mgastor2022grey is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 13:59   #38479
BHPian

A driver chauffeuring a minister, MP or MLA is nothing short of a super human villain who does everything to dislodge poor commoners in his highness’ path.
There would be no police complaint filed as politicians virtually own the police.
There would be no outrage or crowd gathering because we are firstly not United and secondly we are afraid that involving ourselves in something which our constitution grants every right will cause to disrupt our rest of the remaining life.
RunGaDa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 14:56   #38480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgastor2022grey View Post
I am safe, just minor bruises from the road, but I seriously doubt the safety in Indian roads. I have been cycling for over 12 years, and this is my first accident.
Glad you are safe. Get yourself thoroughly checked in a hospital and keep on eye on your general health. Pigs generally spread worst type of diseases. So, check if any of your bruises had contact with dirty scum from pigs.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 17:39   #38481
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Glad you are safe. Get yourself thoroughly checked in a hospital and keep on eye on your general health. Pigs generally spread worst type of diseases. So, check if any of your bruises had contact with dirty scum from pigs.
Thank you man! Sure will, did not find anything harmful or infectious. Have already appealed to the governor, will try to take it forward from there.

Or should I report it to the collector? BHPians, need your advice on this.

Mods, if a new thread needs to be created, please feel free to do so.
mgastor2022grey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 18:40   #38482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a group of pigs decided to cross the road...but I seriously doubt the safety in Indian roads.
There is nothing to doubt mgastor. It is very unsafe from day 1.

Quote:
...Have already appealed to the governor, will try to take it forward from there. Or should I report it to the collector? BHPians, need your advice on this.
umm, over this accident?

I wonder what advise people can give over the decision of a few pigs to cross the road? Dont wait for a response from Rajbhavan. (Non TN guys - the Honorable Governors seat in TN).

As much as possible to practice defensive riding/driving and leather up or gear up or buckle up in every form of transportation.

Its not that we see the funny side of a few pigs deciding to cross the road, 1 also ran over your cycle (the audacity!), but we are busy dealing with worser kinds on bangalore streets these days.

Be glad these pigs didnt come into your home and break your cycle.
svsantosh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 19:29   #38483
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
umm, over this accident?

Be glad these pigs didnt come into your home and break your cycle.
I don't understand mate, why should I be given a bill of 12000 (for my cycle is not repairable) for no reason of what I did? I do not want a compensation from the government. I just want the government to provide immediate action so that no other fellow citizen of this country will be harmed.. Please don't take this in a wrong way, but today its me, tomorrow it might be you. Today its a cycle, tomorrow it may be a bike or a car. Today its less damage. Tomorrow it might be fatal.

I understand you looking out for me, and I really appreciate that gesture.
mgastor2022grey is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 11:35   #38484
BHPian

Car gets dragged for couple of kilometres after rear-ending tipper lorry and getting stuck underneath its chassis in Udupi

Quote:
Lorry driver tells police that he understood that a car had rammed his vehicle, but did not stop fearing public outrage and continued to drive
Quote:
In a bizarre incident, the driver of a tipper lorry drove the vehicle for about 2 km dragging along a car that got stuck beneath the lorry’s chassis, after rear-ending it in Padubidri police limits of Udupi district on July 17, Monday afternoon.
Quote:
The car driver told the police that he was also not aware how the mishap occurred and the vehicle got stuck to the tipper lorry.
Quote:
While the car was being driven by Yasir Khan, 33, a resident of Sagar and was occupied by Gaffar Khan, 65, and Shahin, 60, from Sagar in Shivamogga district, the tipper lorry was being driven by Munishwar from Bihar.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-633cf0f730e646d695710253bf3c2f32.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-6aeda5f08ef045c788845dbdf25b7b62.jpg

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le67090256.ece

Video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CuyrKk8JWVM/?hl=en

Last edited by DetectiveMiles : 18th July 2023 at 11:37.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 12:00   #38485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
[b][b][b]Car gets dragged for couple of kilometres after rear-ending tipper lorry and getting stuck underneath its chassis in Udup
"The car driver told the police that he was also not aware how the mishap occurred and the vehicle got stuck to the tipper lorry."

Did he sleep off?
deathwalkr is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 12:32   #38486
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you man! Sure will, did not find anything harmful or infectious. Have already appealed to the governor, will try to take it forward from there.

Mods, if a new thread needs to be created, please feel free to do so.

Technically, you should be complaining to the Municipal Corporation under which Sitlapakkam or wherever this incident happened falls. I don't think the Governor or Collector have any oversight into this.

I guess you could appeal to the Min. for Urban Development or Min. for Local Administration to introduce a bill in the Assembly to prevent locals using public roads as grazing grounds but I'm pretty sure there already exists such a law but is not being implemented.

Either way I doubt you would see any results to your complaint.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th July 2023 at 06:43. Reason: Bordering on political
green_ninja is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 13:49   #38487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just want the government to provide immediate action
Action on what? Round up all the pigs around Chennai or all stray animals in general? There were cases of Stray dogs bite and sadly some fatal cases too and in those cases some local Govt action was effected. But I dont think a collector or a Governor is going to look into a pig crossing a road incident.

They will - If those pigs are directly or indirectly responsible for a brain fever outbreak (there are examples in the past), Rabid dogs, Plague'd Rats, few more such cases.

My point being there are so many examples where Govt cannot do everything. Products, Tools, skills and instruments such as Insurance, seat belt, helmet and prudence is to used and applied against expected hinderances, skids, accidents, disasters, Act of God.

The law may state this case as Frivolous litigation if you decide to take it up.
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 16:07   #38488
BHPian

Quote:
Have already appealed to the governor, will try to take it forward from there.

We might not like it, but there is a hierarchy to follow when it comes to grievances. You can register your complaint with the sanitary department of the Chennai Municipal Corporation. I am not too sure how prompt they are. Here in Hyderabad, I have registered numerous complaints with the GHMC portal regarding stray dog menace near a school, drainage overflow issues, etc. and the local authorities were prompt in attending to the issues and resolving them.

You can try the same with Chennai MC, https://erp.chennaicorporation.gov.in/pgr/

If they do not resolve the issue then you can escalate it.

Last edited by tchsvy : 18th July 2023 at 16:22.
tchsvy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 16:47   #38489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Did he sleep off?
Seriously? How can one not aware of what happened and that too he was very well conscious (as seen in the video)

I am sure he and other occupants of the car would have been in shock. But tell me something, even though the car was stuck badly - would it not have dislodged if the car person applied brakes? I am aware that the car would have been dragged with wheels locked but i still feel that the car would have come out if he attempted couple of times!
Old 18th July 2023, 17:11   #38490
BHPian

Quote:
Today its a cycle, tomorrow it may be a bike or a car. Today its less damage. Tomorrow it might be fatal.
We do understand your concern. There are 2 different scenarios here. 1 stray animals roaming around in the City and 2 - you getting involved in a bizarre accident. We can't really complain about stray animals involved in accidents, as they are not defendants. But you can do the same about stray animals roaming around within the cities to the Municipal Corporation.

Pigs are not only a menace, but also carry deadly viruses, since they eat faecus or excreta. They are health hazard to the humans. Some raize them for meat, but they don't take care of, by keeping them in a farm.

Bangalore has seen children being killed by stray dogs, which is a much bigger menace.

Last edited by jaaz : 18th July 2023 at 17:15.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks