Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2010, 10:10   #376
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_yajaman View Post
P.S. A KSRTC (Kar) gave my car a dent at the back. We had stopped at a hairpin bend on a downslope waiting for this chap to come uphill. He turned too sharp and on his exit from the bend touched my car at the back - a minor dent and some scratches. I had stayed to the extreme left and was stationary. My first dent in 21 years of driving and I was not even moving
Moral of the story - While making a turn, rear of a vehicle with long overhangs moves to the opposite side to which the front is turning.

(I have badly phrased this, can some body put this better?)
Old 7th January 2010, 10:47   #377
BHPian

Any update on the Virajpet - Makkutta Road?

All, Does any one has the latest news on the Virajpet - Perumpadi - Makkutta road. The road supposed to be completed by 31st Dec'09 as per the Karnataka High court order. Looks this is still not open for traffic. Any one has idea on when the road will be opened for vehicle traffic?

Thanks
Rajesh

Last edited by RajeshK : 7th January 2010 at 10:49.
Old 11th January 2010, 19:21   #378
BHPian

Update~ Perumpady Maakuta

Hi all,

The latest update on the 16Kms long Perumpady~Maakuta road is 90% complete. the work is remaining for around 3 kms.

The road will be open within 4 to 8 weeks time.
Old 18th January 2010, 03:07   #379
BHPian

Hi there everyone.

Im going to visit kannur by road on my bike on wednesday.

As far as i know there are 3 possible routes to kannur
  1. Bangalore - Mysore - HD Kote - Nagarhole - Mananthavady(Kerala) - Periya - Nedumpoyil - Koothuparamba - Kannur.
  2. Bangalore - Mysore - Gundlupet - SultanBattery - Mananthavady - Periya - Nedumpoyil - Koothuparamba - Kannur
  3. Bangalore - Mysore - Hunsur - Nagarhole - Kutta - Tholpatty - Kattikulam - Manandvady -Nedumpoyil - Koothuparamba - Kannur (356 km only)
Which route should i opt for and can anyone tell me the current status of these roads.

All your valuable suggestions are welcome.

thank you!
Old 18th January 2010, 17:29   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafin View Post
Hi there everyone.

Im going to visit kannur by road on my bike on wednesday.

As far as i know there are 3 possible routes to kannur
  1. Bangalore - Mysore - HD Kote - Nagarhole - Mananthavady(Kerala) - Periya - Nedumpoyil - Koothuparamba - Kannur.
  2. Bangalore - Mysore - Gundlupet - SultanBattery - Mananthavady - Periya - Nedumpoyil - Koothuparamba - Kannur
  3. Bangalore - Mysore - Hunsur - Nagarhole - Kutta - Tholpatty - Kattikulam - Manandvady -Nedumpoyil - Koothuparamba - Kannur (356 km only)
Which route should i opt for and can anyone tell me the current status of these roads.

All your valuable suggestions are welcome.

thank you!
Hi,

As you are going by bike, You have only the below options as the Routes 1 & 3 mentioned by you are restricted for two wheelers:

1. Bangalore - Mysore - Gundlupet - SultanBattery - Mananthavady - Periya - Nedumpoyil - Koothuparamba - Kannur. (approx 420 Kms)
2. Bangalore - Mysore - Gundlupet - SultanBattery - Mananthavady - Periya - Boys Town - Kottiyoor - Peravoor- Iritty - Mattanur - Kannur. (approx 400 Kms)
3. Bangalore - Srirangapattana Yelwala- Hunsur - Tithimatti - Gonikoppa - Kutta - Kattikulam - Mananthavady - Periya - Boys Town - Kottiyoor - Peravoor- Iritty - Mattanur - Kannur. (approx 370 Kms)

Thanks
Nithin
Old 19th January 2010, 10:56   #381
BHPian

Update on Virajpet - Irritty Road

Today's Mathrubhumi reported that the Makkutta road will be open for Vehicle traffic from 21st Jan'10 to 25th Jan'10 due to the Temple festival at "Vayathur Kaliyar"

Hope soon the road will be open without any restrictions..

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 23rd January 2010, 14:53   #382
BHPian

The news on temporarily opening of this road is there in The Hindu also -> The Hindu : Karnataka / Madikeri News : Vehicles of devotees allowed on Konanur-Makutta road

Mean while the complete opening of the road will get delayed till March'10 as the contractor saught extention from the court -> The Hindu : Karnataka / Madikeri News : ‘I am not responsible for Makutta road impasse’

I really support the former MLC, who actually mobilised the road repair.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 24th January 2010, 09:32   #383
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the updates guys ! Been a little busy over the last couple of months and have not made any trips at all, so a big one is probably due in beginning March, hopefully the road should be open by then !
Old 28th January 2010, 08:49   #384
BHPian

HD Kote - Bavali - Mananthawadi Road

Hi All,

2 days back one of my friend took the Mananthawadi - Bavali - HD Kote Road. According to him, this road is almost repaired and open. Only a few km in the exit to HD Kote is still remaining, which will be completed within a month or two. The road is now newly laid and there many road humps. ( One or two in each KM..!!).

Even in this road also, the night traffic is not allowed.

If any body has any more update on this road, please provide..

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 28th January 2010, 09:29   #385
BHPian

How long did it take him to cover Mysore - Mananthavady? The maps show a distance saving of ~45 Kms via this route, but am wondering if this route might be faster compared to the S Bathery route.
Old 28th January 2010, 11:28   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
How long did it take him to cover Mysore - Mananthavady? The maps show a distance saving of ~45 Kms via this route, but am wondering if this route might be faster compared to the S Bathery route.
He took less than 3hrs to reach Mysore from Mananthawadi. The distance is around 105Kms.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 29th January 2010, 15:03   #387
BHPian

Here is an update about the Makkutta Road

-> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1705021

The news in the Malayalam daily "Mathrubhumi" is here -> Mathrubhumi || Regional News- ????????-????? ????????????? ???????? ?????? ?????????
Old 29th January 2010, 16:34   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Here is an update about the Makkutta Road

-> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1705021

The news in the Malayalam daily "Mathrubhumi" is here -> Mathrubhumi || Regional News- ????????-????? ????????????? ???????? ?????? ?????????
+
I too thought of giving the original news from the Daily (mathrubhumi), then realize that not many may not be able to read the language hence only copied the text of the news!
Anyway you did the good job copying it from the web.
Old 29th January 2010, 18:50   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
I too thought of giving the original news from the Daily (mathrubhumi), then realize that not many may not be able to read the language hence only copied the text of the news!
Anyway you did the good job copying it from the web.
You made my life easy..!!! Since you have already posted, I thought why to put a duplicate posting

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 30th January 2010, 09:56   #390
Senior - BHPian

But I still doubt that if they can keep the time schedule i.e opening of this route for traffic on/or before 30th April?
Lets hope for the best !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks