Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 12:30   #316
BHPian

All the experts,

Need your help I am planning on a small vacation & good drive from bangalore of 3 nights & 4 days ideally looking at the beach front. The travelers would be me, my wife & our 3yr old son & I want this to be less than 8 hours of drive in my Palio Diesel

I have shortlisted Kannur (340Kms ??) & Bekal (410 Kms??), appreciate if you tell me the best place during the days of Dec 15th - Dec 18th, the road conditions & the best route & possible resorts.

I just shortlisted Thalaseery i guess its about 306 Kms from Blore. Any thoughts on this

Thank you

Last edited by crn12 : 24th November 2009 at 12:35.
Old 24th November 2009, 17:02   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
All the experts,

Need your help I am planning on a small vacation & good drive from bangalore of 3 nights & 4 days ideally looking at the beach front. The travelers would be me, my wife & our 3yr old son & I want this to be less than 8 hours of drive in my Palio Diesel

I have shortlisted Kannur (340Kms ??) & Bekal (410 Kms??), appreciate if you tell me the best place during the days of Dec 15th - Dec 18th, the road conditions & the best route & possible resorts.

I just shortlisted Thalaseery i guess its about 306 Kms from Blore. Any thoughts on this

Thank you
+
IMO, you need not to go to Thalassery and then come back to Kannur
(unless you want go to Thalassery). You can come directly from Koothuparambu to Kannur. Anyway you will get better routing from other members who are experts and travelled this route.

When you drive from kannur to bekal, you come to a place called
Parassinikadavu, a right turn from the national highway. Drive further about 2/3 kms you find a snake park and little further 'Vismaya' a water theme park. (your son may enjoy?)
(please see my thread in travelogues - parassinikadavu muthapan temple and vismaya park -1 day picnic. you will find more photographs )
Old 24th November 2009, 17:57   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
IMO, you need not to go to Thalassery and then come back to Kannur
(unless you want go to Thalassery). You can come directly from Koothuparambu to Kannur. Anyway you will get better routing from other members who are experts and travelled this route.

When you drive from kannur to bekal, you come to a place called
Parassinikadavu, a right turn from the national highway. Drive further about 2/3 kms you find a snake park and little further 'Vismaya' a water theme park. (your son may enjoy?)
(please see my thread in travelogues - parassinikadavu muthapan temple and vismaya park -1 day picnic. you will find more photographs )
Thank you, my sons name is Vismay, which makes it a "have to go"
Old 26th November 2009, 20:49   #319
BHPian

Hi. Guys, I will be travelling to Kannur after staying a day at Madikeri this weekend. I will be taking this route: Madikeri – 36kms – Bhagamandala – 26kms – Panathur – 46kms – Kanhangad – 68kms – Kannur

Anyone done the Bhagamandala - Panathur - Kanhangad strech lately and any pointers on the road conditions???
Old 27th November 2009, 09:57   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Hi. Guys, I will be travelling to Kannur after staying a day at Madikeri this weekend. I will be taking this route: Madikeri – 36kms – Bhagamandala – 26kms – Panathur – 46kms – Kanhangad – 68kms – Kannur

Anyone done the Bhagamandala - Panathur - Kanhangad strech lately and any pointers on the road conditions???
dreamdiesel,
this route is good but narrow, as indicated by RajeshK in the other thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1597492

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1600893
Old 27th November 2009, 16:37   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
dreamdiesel,
this route is good but narrow, as indicated by RajeshK in the other thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1597492

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1600893
Thanks for the info sbraj. I am definitely going to try this route. Will update the road conditions of this stretch once I am back..
Old 27th November 2009, 19:16   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info sbraj. I am definitely going to try this route. Will update the road conditions of this stretch once I am back..
Hi, Please update the road condition once you are back. The last time I have taken this route is around 6months back. The updates I have from the localites is that, the road is still in good condition. I am planning to take this route on 24th Dec'09 in case the Makkutta road is not open by then. So please update the status

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 27th November 2009, 21:56   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Hi, Please update the road condition once you are back. The last time I have taken this route is around 6months back. The updates I have from the localites is that, the road is still in good condition. I am planning to take this route on 24th Dec'09 in case the Makkutta road is not open by then. So please update the status

Thanks
Rajesh

Me too planning to go to kannur on 24th dec.

Planning to take my newly acquired SS80 and the Indica. So 2 cars and 3 people only.
Anybody wants a lift ? but only to but no fro .

Rajesh, What time are you leaving ?
Old 29th November 2009, 10:27   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithinnarayanan View Post

Planning to take my newly acquired SS80 and the Indica. So 2 cars and 3 people only.

Nitin, congrats on your aquisition...!!! I will be starting from Bangalore before 3pm. Hope you can find me before I cross Hunsur. I will be taking Madikeri - Bhagamandala - Panathur route. As I am travelling with Kids, I may take more than 3hrs to cross Hunsur.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 30th November 2009, 13:53   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithinnarayanan View Post

Why no 'fro' Nithin ? Hope you are not planning to leave the Maruti back in Kannur ! BTW - Why don't you post a few pics of the SS80 in your 'garage' ?
Old 1st December 2009, 00:13   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Why no 'fro' Nithin ? Hope you are not planning to leave the Maruti back in Kannur ! BTW - Why don't you post a few pics of the SS80 in your 'garage' ?
Yes Sir,
I am planning to leave the SS80 @ Kannur for some time. Let dad play with it for some time .
Will update my Garage once the restoration work is done.
Till that time here is a teaser.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Kannur : Route Queries-image736.jpg  

Last edited by nithinnarayanan : 1st December 2009 at 00:18.
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:52   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post

Thanks
Rajesh
Travelled to Kannur on 29th Nov. Took the route, Madikeri - Bhagamandala - Panathur - Kanhagad - Kannur.

Madikeri to Bhagamandala - The condition of road is bad about 8-10kms from Madikeri towards Bhagamandala. The turns are dusty and full of potholes.

Bhagamandala to Panathur - Right turn just after the arch at Bhagamandala. Narrow single lane road. Very low traffic density on this road. Road is all right initially. Road gets bad about 10-15kms before Panathur, some dam construction work going on near Panathur. Road becomes better once you cross into Kerala. Good wide roads all the way till Kanhagad.

Took the road towards Hunsur - Nagarhole - Kutta - Gonikoppal - Virajpet to Madikeri. Kutta to Gonikoppal road is in a mess. Roads dont exist.
Old 4th December 2009, 09:41   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Travelled to Kannur on 29th Nov. Took the route, Madikeri - Bhagamandala - Panathur - Kanhagad - Kannur.

Madikeri to Bhagamandala - The condition of road is bad about 8-10kms from Madikeri towards Bhagamandala. The turns are dusty and full of potholes.

Bhagamandala to Panathur - Right turn just after the arch at Bhagamandala. Narrow single lane road. Very low traffic density on this road. Road is all right initially. Road gets bad about 10-15kms before Panathur, some dam construction work going on near Panathur. Road becomes better once you cross into Kerala. Good wide roads all the way till Kanhagad..
Thanks a lot for the update. I am aware of the Dam construction, but didn't expect the road will be so much damaged..!!! Madikeri - Bhagamandala was re-laid 6months back, may be the heavy monsoon ruined the road again

Quote:
Took the road towards Hunsur - Nagarhole - Kutta - Gonikoppal - Virajpet to Madikeri. Kutta to Gonikoppal road is in a mess. Roads dont exist.
Why such a long route..? Why not direct Hunsur - Madikeri?

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 4th December 2009, 09:58   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much is the distance from Bangalore till Kanhangad in this route? And how are the facilities - shops, eateries etc?
Old 4th December 2009, 13:15   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
How much is the distance from Bangalore till Kanhangad in this route? And how are the facilities - shops, eateries etc?
Distance will be around 360Km. Beyond Madikeri till reaching Kanhangad, expect only basic facilities. After Madikeri, next town will be Panathur which is in Kerala

Thanks
Rajesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks