Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2009, 11:04   #256
BANNED

Had to spend a couple of hours at Iritty on 17/7/09. It was an official visit, so, public transport it was. ;-P

Was told that even on day before, Kannur - Iritty and peravoor - iritty buses were being diverted at a couple of places. On 17th, it was business as usual. Saw a red Alto which had overtaken the white elephant I was in acquaplane and crash into a tree, near Chalode (between Mattannur and Kannur).

Real reason for this post is:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
If you need to stay over in Iritty there is a place OFF the main road - in the same building as houses the Treasury.
This place is called Falcon Plaza.
Old 20th July 2009, 10:40   #257
BHPian

Just came back yesterday from Iritty via the Mananthavady > Tholpetty > Kutta > Nagarhole route in my M800. No issues on this route, except for the usual bad roads just after you enter Nagarhole. I did see some trees (one piece on each side of the road; might have fallen across the road and cleared).
With the rain battering Iritty and nearby areas, I did not want to risk taking the Boys Town route (Palchuram). I came via Nedumpoil towards Mananthavady.

As per info by different taxi drivers in Mananthavady, the Batheri route is still not doable in small vehicles. Even the private buses towards Kannur are taking the Kutta road is what I have heard. Not sure if they are coming via Nagarhole.
Old 12th August 2009, 19:18   #258
BHPian

Help me please..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Just came back yesterday from Iritty via the Mananthavady > Tholpetty > Kutta > Nagarhole route in my M800. No issues on this route, except for the usual bad roads just after you enter Nagarhole. I did see some trees (one piece on each side of the road; might have fallen across the road and cleared).
With the rain battering Iritty and nearby areas, I did not want to risk taking the Boys Town route (Palchuram). I came via Nedumpoil towards Mananthavady.

As per info by different taxi drivers in Mananthavady, the Batheri route is still not doable in small vehicles. Even the private buses towards Kannur are taking the Kutta road is what I have heard. Not sure if they are coming via Nagarhole.

I am planning to leave to Kannur from Bangalore on 28th this month. I am a first time traveller by this route, please advice the route. i have travelled to Mysore beyond that no idea of roads..
By the bye i am on my new GP so no truck routes please
Old 17th August 2009, 14:22   #259
BHPian

@Manjo, If you are going north of Kannur, use this route -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1353322

If you are driving only upto Kannur, then best route is Mysore - Gundalpet - Suthan Bathery - Manathawadi - Koothuparamba - Kannur. As you are in your New GP, better don't try out the Hunsur - Kutta - Manathawadi route. Please note that, Muthanga forest between Gundalpet and Suthan Bathery is closed between 3am to 5am, and in early mornings there will be lots of traffic block at the check post.

PM me if you need any specific information

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 20th August 2009, 12:02   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
@Manjo, If you are going north of Kannur, use this route -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1353322

If you are driving only upto Kannur, then best route is Mysore - Gundalpet - Suthan Bathery - Manathawadi - Koothuparamba - Kannur. As you are in your New GP, better don't try out the Hunsur - Kutta - Manathawadi route. Please note that, Muthanga forest between Gundalpet and Suthan Bathery is closed between 3am to 5am, and in early mornings there will be lots of traffic block at the check post.

Thanks
Rajesh
I am plying only to Kannur, planning to leave Bangalore on 29th morning 3am and i think i will take the Mysore - Gundalpet - Suthan Bathery - Manathawadi - Koothuparamba - Kannur route.
But heard about a Mysore - Bavali - Manathawadi - Koothuparamba - Kannur route; any idea on those??
Old 20th August 2009, 12:04   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjo View Post
I am plying only to Kannur, planning to leave Bangalore on 29th morning 3am and i think i will take the Mysore - Gundalpet - Suthan Bathery - Manathawadi - Koothuparamba - Kannur route.
But heard about a Mysore - Bavali - Manathawadi - Koothuparamba - Kannur route; any idea on those??
There is a stretch close to Bavali, just before you enter Kerala, that is in a very bad shape. Not even buses are plying on this route.
Old 22nd August 2009, 13:31   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Not even buses are plying on this route.
RTC buses are still plying through these routes.
Old 24th August 2009, 15:55   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this route still doable? Which is the most preferred route to Kannur in the current situation?

What are the time restrictions for Bandipur/Muthanga?
Old 24th August 2009, 23:25   #264
BHPian

1. mysore bawli - is closed for all taffic from 6 pm to 6 am. this inclds all vehicles. + road condition is worse to explain. even bus cannot do this small stretch. so LMV is out of quaestion. this road can be safely forgotten for any mobility even in day time.
2. mysore -gundalpet - muthanga - bathery is closed for night traffice from 9 pm to 6 am. so plan accordingly.
3. mysore hunsur -nagarhole- kutta- manandavadi - is also closed for night traffic - times - 6 pm to 6 am. so plan accordingly. face very bad roads after nagarhole check post enroute to kerala.
4. mysore - hunsur- virajpet - makutta- irrity - worse roads till now, heard it was repaired but not sure. seems to be the only option to reach north kerala.
5. mysore - madikeri- sulya- kasargod- very long route. depressing.
Old 25th August 2009, 07:35   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmello View Post
1. mysore bawli - is closed for all taffic from 6 pm to 6 am. this inclds all vehicles. + road condition is worse to explain. even bus cannot do this small stretch. so LMV is out of quaestion. this road can be safely forgotten for any mobility even in day time.
2. mysore -gundalpet - muthanga - bathery is closed for night traffice from 9 pm to 6 am. so plan accordingly.
3. mysore hunsur -nagarhole- kutta- manandavadi - is also closed for night traffic - times - 6 pm to 6 am. so plan accordingly. face very bad roads after nagarhole check post enroute to kerala.
4. mysore - hunsur- virajpet - makutta- irrity - worse roads till now, heard it was repaired but not sure. seems to be the only option to reach north kerala.
5. mysore - madikeri- sulya- kasargod- very long route. depressing.
6. Bangalore - Mysore - Madikeri - Bhagamandala - Panathur - Kanhangad - Payyanur - Kannur -> (Around 440KM)Roads are okey, and longer. But shorter than option 5. Its quiet lonely after Bhagamandala, for around 25km. So better to avoid in late night
Old 25th August 2009, 10:01   #266
BHPian

Am planning a trip via Gundalpet, S Battery, koothuparamba...
I came across another road - Highway 17D from mysore to mananthavady - some of the places mentioned on the way include - Danagalli, Hampapura, Heggadadevankote, kakankote and finally mananthavady. Anyone know more about this route?
Old 25th August 2009, 12:17   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
Am planning a trip via Gundalpet, S Battery, koothuparamba...
I came across another road - Highway 17D from mysore to mananthavady - some of the places mentioned on the way include - Danagalli, Hampapura, Heggadadevankote, kakankote and finally mananthavady. Anyone know more about this route?
Heggadadevankote must be HD Kote. In that case it is the Mysore > HD Kote > Bavali > Mananthavady route - Option 1 suggested by nutmello. Bavali stretch is not doable as of now, except RTC buses as mentioned by Rajesh.

Some news on the repair work on this stretch: Forest Department, KSHIP flout SC orders

Last edited by sanjaykk : 25th August 2009 at 12:20.
Old 28th August 2009, 14:41   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post

Thanks
Rajesh

Hei i need to go to Coorg engineering college, Kutta enroute to Kannur. So I guess the Hunsur - Kutta is the only possibility i have. Please advice..
Old 30th August 2009, 09:06   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjo View Post
Hei i need to go to Coorg engineering college, Kutta enroute to Kannur. So I guess the Hunsur - Kutta is the only possibility i have. Please advice..
If starting from Bangalore before 2pm by car, you can take Hunsur - Nagarhole National Park - Kutta. If starting after 2, Husur - Gonikkoppal - Kutta is the only possibility. I am not aware of any other alternative.

PM me if you need further information

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 7th September 2009, 11:39   #270
BHPian

Got back from Kannur - came via mananthavady, Meenangadi, S Bathery route. Dont go via the varathur bypass between mananthavady and S bathery - the roads are in bad shape and will slow you down.
Otherwise the roads are in good shape except for few bad patches on the way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks