Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2018, 17:25   #781
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Take Hiriyur-Challakere-Rampura-Hyatt Place (I'm not absolutely sure about conditions on the last stretch of Rampura-Hyatt Place though).
========
which is almost a drive-by route that ends at Virupaksha temple.
Thanks for this, it was very useful info. I took different routes for onward and return journey, for the sake of variety.

Onward Hiriyur-Challakere-Rampura was a breeze, super roads and scenery. From Rampura I just followed google and took a less travelled (I guess) Rajapura-Ubbalagandi route to Hyatt which was quite a nice adventure. Narrow road and very bad surface mind you. GV with Iron Man suspension was really tested to the core, but I would NOT recommend this for others. Coz the whole route was absolutely deserted (some parts forest my guess) and towards the second half you will find many mining lorry zipping onto you. I thoroughly enjoyed, inspite of carrying a bad cold

Avoid this during off daylight hours, it is just not worth it and network coverage was very scanty.

Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-unnamed.jpg

Return journey the map was not giving me the ballary option, so added it as a way point. Later I realised this meant it took us into Bellary centre and then exited on other side, instead of taking the bypass? Funny thing I noticed the Bangalore signage on the way, but decided I will just follow the google instructions.

Being a Sunday and we being on a exploratory mood, enjoyed this detour. Got a glimpse of Bellary city and though the exit side was bad roads, thoroughly enjoyed the views from Joladarasi. Awesome roads with loads of farming, windmills et all...

Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-unnamed2.jpg

Bellary - Hampi highway construction is still on and unless you are in a SUV or don't care about your cars underbody and suspension, you have to be very careful with the speeds you do.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 17:31   #782
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Thanks for this, it was very useful info. I took different routes for onward and return journey, for the sake of variety.
Thanks for the update on road conditions on both routes. What places of interest did you manage to cover during your visit ?
Old 10th December 2018, 17:47   #783
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks for the update on road conditions on both routes. What places of interest did you manage to cover during your visit ?
Day 1 the darn cold had set in and I was almost wasted by the time I reached Hyatt. So restricted to drive around Vijaynagar township in the evening and some shopping at the centre of the township. It is a lovely township I must say.

Note: its tobacco free, so you need to venture out to the villages outside the township for buying even a ciggie lol

Day 2 still carrying the cold, but the worst was over. We did Virupaksha, Hemakuta, Krishna temple, Noblemen quarters, Palace of Vira Harihara, Hazara Rama temple, Treasury, Mohammadan watch tower (tiredness setting in), Under ground Shiva temple, Queens bath. This is what I remember from maps location history.

Some chikkis later drove to Daroji Sloth Bear Sanctuary (INR 500 for private vehicle plus 25 per person charge), sighted peacocks and monkeys from the watch tower before returning to hotel.

Day 3 almost recovered from cold, lazy drive back to Bangalore.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 14:50   #784
BHPian

I am planning to visit Hampi shortly. I went through the posts but is there any new development recently. Google is suggesting the Hiriyur -> Chitradurga -> Kudigi road. Is that a good option. I will leave Bangalore around 6 A.M most likely.
Old 16th July 2019, 17:38   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkayar View Post
I am planning to visit Hampi shortly. I went through the posts but is there any new development recently. Google is suggesting the Hiriyur -> Chitradurga -> Kudigi road. Is that a good option. I will leave Bangalore around 6 A.M most likely.
I visited Hampi last weekend (12-15 July). I followed the same route as suggested by google Bangalore -> Hiriyur -> Chitradurga -> Kudligi and would recommend this route, started around 6:15 AM and reached Hampi at 2:30 PM with a stop at Chitradurga fort for an hour and 2 breaks in between. Overall I think the total driving time was around 6.5 to 7 hours at moderate speeds.

The road condition is pretty good throughout and very scenic, no issues from Bangalore to Chitradurga but there are a few diversions on the way from Chitradurga to Hampi due to road construction and you need to go through the service road at a few stretches for a few metres which may slow you down a bit.

The speed bumps on the service roads are uneven at some places but nothing which might cause a problem.

There are no good eateries between Chitradurga to Hampi so you may want to plan accordingly, there are plenty of options in and around Chitradurga.
jayantvs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 09:25   #786
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Were do you plan to stay in Hampi? Depending on that you can change your routing options too. If its Hospet, then I guess Chitradurga-Hospet makes the best option.
Old 17th July 2019, 10:41   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Were do you plan to stay in Hampi? Depending on that you can change your routing options too. If its Hospet, then I guess Chitradurga-Hospet makes the best option.
We have booked 'Heritage Resort Hampi' which is 7 km from Hospet on the SH 49.
Old 19th July 2019, 13:05   #788
BHPian

Quote:
We have booked 'Heritage Resort Hampi' which is 7 km from Hospet on the SH 49.
What a co-incidence. I too stayed at the same place, it is very near to Hampi monuments and close to most restaurants if you plan to eat out. Since you are driving down it should not be a problem. Their own buffet spread is also good.

Do not miss their organic farm, most of their food is from their own garden. They claim zero pesticide use and have their unique way to keep away pests and birds.
jayantvs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 10:35   #789
BHPian

Update after my trip on the Bangalore->Tumkur->Hiriyur->Chitradurga->Kudigi->Hospet route. I started from Bangalore at 6.00 and reached Hospet by 11.30 including a Breakfast break and another mini break. Till Chitradurga we all know that it is a breeze. After that the route is not bad at all. The roads were properly done and in all there were 11 diviations of which 5 of them extended as single road (due to work) for a few hundred metres. It is very much drivable.
The return took me longer. I started at 9.15 and reached Bangalore by 3.30 with one break for lunch and another mini break. It was Monday morning and a bit of traffic at Hospet.
All along the Chitradurga->Hopset I could see work going on at a good pace. My guess is by the year end we will have it completed and this route can then become the golden standard between Bangalore and Hampi. As it stands, even now it is in pretty good shape.
simonkayar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 09:52   #790
Senior - BHPian

Travelling to hampi from Bangalore this weekend , any suggestions on which route to take ?
We will be staying at hyatt place .

And also please suggest if any must see places part from the usual .
Old 7th August 2019, 10:55   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I could see work going on at a good pace. My guess is by the year end we will have it completed and this route can then become the golden standard between Bangalore and Hampi. As it stands, even now it is in pretty good shape.
Hope this two decade long work is completed before 25 years. This is still the best route to drive to Hospet/Hampi.
Old 7th August 2019, 12:59   #792

given the rains / floods in North and other parts of Karnataka, what is the latest information on the conditions of the route please

Bangalore->Tumkur->Hiriyur->Chitradurga->Kudigi->Hospet

I plan to take this route this long weekend Friday-Sunday (Upto Vijayshree resorts after hosapete) with a stop at Chitradurga fort

as I see ms001 is also planning on a similar trip

Quote:
Update after my trip on the Bangalore->Tumkur->Hiriyur->Chitradurga->Kudigi->Hospet route. I started from Bangalore at 6.00 and reached Hospet by 11.30 including a Breakfast break and another mini break. Till Chitradurga we all know that it is a breeze. After that the route is not bad at all. The roads were properly done and in all there were 11 diviations of which 5 of them extended as single road (due to work) for a few hundred metres. It is very much drivable.
The return took me longer. I started at 9.15 and reached Bangalore by 3.30 with one break for lunch and another mini break. It was Monday morning and a bit of traffic at Hospet.
All along the Chitradurga->Hopset I could see work going on at a good pace. My guess is by the year end we will have it completed and this route can then become the golden standard between Bangalore and Hampi. As it stands, even now it is in pretty good shape.
Old 7th August 2019, 15:45   #793
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
And also please suggest if any must see places part from the usual .
Cant call it as something out of usual. However, do try to visit Matanga hill during sunrise, provided its not rainy. View of ruins from there is superb.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 08:35   #794
HKP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminni View Post
given the rains / floods in North and other parts of Karnataka, what is the latest information on the conditions of the route please
Bangalore->Tumkur->Hiriyur->Chitradurga->Kudigi->Hospet
I plan to take this route this long weekend Friday-Sunday (Upto Vijayshree resorts after hosapete) with a stop at Chitradurga fort

Hello, Is there any impact of the flood to Hampi attractions or the road condition ? I am planning to drive this month end. Going from Hyderabad-Hampi and then Hampi- Bengalure.

\\HKP
Old 16th September 2019, 08:47   #795
Senior - BHPian

There is no impact in this region, you cn have a safe trip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks