Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2020, 19:23   #766

Re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Thanks for the input. I agree with your suggestion in the general sense.
However, few things from my own limitations.

1. 1 pm departure may get delayed - there are dependencies, and most likely it will.
2. Hadapsar - Magarpatta can be dreadful in the evenings - office - home rush hour
3. I do not usually drive post sunset , so wanted to wind up somewhere ahead of pune, so was contemplating baramati - i agree it is a slight detour.
Hi
Considering you start by 2 and recah pune by 5.30, you can cross hadapsar, by 6.30. Drive till Urli Kanchan 7.30 pm and take a break there. If you have someone in Pune then great or Pune might be costly for a overnight stay ( Commoners view ). Look something at Urli Kanchan. it will save you the detour to Baramati.or if you are comfortable with Baramati then good.
Old 17th February 2020, 20:51   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna View Post
Drive till Urli Kanchan 7.30 pm and take a break there.
Well that is exactly what my Dad also suggested. Pune was my grandparents home till the late eighties. No one there now, just left with some pleasant memories to cherish now,
Old 18th February 2020, 12:54   #768

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Well that is exactly what my Dad also suggested. Pune was my grandparents home till the late eighties. No one there now, just left with some pleasant memories to cherish now,
an

One suggestion

Instead of Stopping over night, Try drive out early morning, i mean i drive to Hyderabad quiet often and always follow this pattern
Drive out From Andheri 4.05 am
Cross Vashi 4.40
Reach Expressway 5.05
First Toll Khalapur- 5.35
Lonavala - 6.00
Toll Naka Urse - 6.25
Tea Break Food Plaza
Pune station - 6.55 ( many a times i have reached at 6.45 too)
Hadapsar - 7.10
Bhigwan - 8.30
Break at Hotel Jyoti for an amazing Misal. (9.00)
Solapur - 10.30
petrol break
Basavkalyan - 1 - 1.15
if you are a vegetarian then try Hotel Gujrat on Highway at Basavkalyan, Good Food
If hardcore Non Vegetarian then drive further down
Humnabad - 1.30 pm , Noor Dhabha ( Its on the opposite direction and skip that particular fly over to get to Noor Dhabha, Superb non veg food but forget the ambience pl )
Humnabad to Hyderabad city another 2.5 hrs drive if you take the Outer ring road and travel via Hi tech city.
Hyderabad - 4.45- 5.15

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th February 2020 at 13:18. Reason: Post corrected for typos, punctuation and capitalisation. Please proof read your posts before submitting. Thanks.
Shanna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 15:18   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna View Post
an

One suggestion

Instead of Stopping over night, Try drive out early morning, i mean i drive to Hyderabad quiet often and always follow this pattern
Drive out From Andheri 4.05 am
Had it been just me would have done that. Traveling with family so have to necessarily limit drive time to 8 - 9 hours at the max.

Was to travel today afternoon, but then change of plans - work, leaves, availability etc, will now be heading to bengaluru next week and may route my return via hyderabad if time permits and folks i intend to meet are available.

Really appreciate you putting in the details and your own experience, it sure is very helpful. Thanks again.
Old 20th February 2020, 20:31   #770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
I know that this is not a Mumbai to Hyderabad thread, but given the improved road conditions, it would be interesting to know how long it took him to complete the entire journey
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Sure, let me ask him and get back. I remember taking 15 hours to Thane way back in 2007. I guess things have improved a lot by now.
Sorry for the delay. It took him 12 hours from Navi Mumbai to Alwal, including food and bio-breaks. He used the ORR to go to Alwal.
Old 20th February 2020, 21:16   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Sorry for the delay. It took him 12 hours from Navi Mumbai to Alwal, including food and bio-breaks. He used the ORR to go to Alwal.
Thanks for taking the trouble to obtain the information. Guess it will take extra two to three hours [depending on the time of the day] if you are driving into Mumbai city. The other way round, you have to add and an hour and half, if you leave early in the morning.
Old 23rd February 2020, 01:23   #772
BHPian

Swamiraj executive is good for overnight stay , it's in indapur , have stayed couple of times it's next to saradewadi toll plaza so convenient as well, food and room service is good and pretty clean

http://www.hotelswamirajexecutive.com/

For breakfast or lunch/snacks i always prefer sugaran hotel which is about 75 km from swamiraj executive and before solapur , really good food and service

Have tried above combination from and to hyd from navi mumbai, so going to hyd stay at swamiraj and next day have breakfast at sugaran or start after lunch from hyd and have snacks/dinner in sugaran and stay at swamiraj, works perfect with family.

Would recommend having dhapate at sugaran.

Indapur works best when returning from hyd when going to Hyd solapur works best for overnight stay if not too late.
Old 9th March 2020, 19:45   #773
BHPian

Update as of Mar 09, 2020.

Pune-Solapur is no brainer and I don't really need to talk about it. Full time 4 lane, no work in progress, none required.

Solapur-MH/KA Border
There are some diversions but most of those diversions have very good asphalt with proper lane markings. Potholed stretches are very very limited. If we exclude well laid diversions, the bad stretch should not accumulate more than 5 KMs and I am being fairly liberal in counting those 5 KMs. Most of the road is already 4 Lane and even the two lanes stretches are marked perfectly and pothole free.

Naldurg bypass is not ready. The road through Naldurg is getting converted to concrete 4 Lane and leads to congestion at times due to construction activity. But it's not bad at all. Max 15 minutes may be unless an idiots causes a dead-lock.

MA/KA Border-Hyderabad ORR
One incomplete flyover each in KA and TS sections. I think they are keeping it that way for vaastu compliance Other than that full time 4 Lane with one of the best asphalts out there, lanes marked with the perfect shade of white.

It took us 3:45 hours from Solapur to Hyderabad ORR with one fuel+bio break. I have a feeling that this thread is kinda going to die in max 6 months with the remaining stretch getting completed. One will not have to inquire about this stretch no more which has been such a pain for almost a decade now

For night halt, we stayed at Kyriad Hotel Solapur. A clean business hotel with sufficient parking with businessey guests.

Last edited by bordeaux : 9th March 2020 at 19:50.
bordeaux is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 07:17   #774
BHPian

Did Pune-Solapur-Hyderabad-Nalgonda on 3-June, had Medical emergency situation for My Mother-in-law hence the travel

Started in Pune (Wakad) at 8.20AM reached Hyderabad ORR (530kms) at 5PM, reached my destination by 7.20PM total of 11hrs for 700kms , with total of 1hr break time. Yes reaching to HYD in 9-10hrs is feasible now.

2 New Toll gates between Solapur to Omerga are functional.

MH police have checked E-Pass twice in MH region, KA border check by Karntaka govt and at Telngana border they have stamped for home quarantine of 3 weeks (especially for people coming from MH)
udaygk77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 20:25   #775

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaygk77 View Post
Did Pune-Solapur-Hyderabad-Nalgonda on 3-June, had Medical emergency situation for My Mother-in-law hence the travel

Started in Pune (Wakad) at 8.20AM reached Hyderabad ORR (530kms) at 5PM, reached my destination by 7.20PM total of 11hrs for 700kms , with total of 1hr break time. Yes reaching to HYD in 9-10hrs is feasible now.

2 New Toll gates between Solapur to Omerga are functional.

MH police have checked E-Pass twice in MH region, KA border check by Karntaka govt and at Telngana border they have stamped for home quarantine of 3 weeks (especially for people coming from MH)
Sir, I want to travel from Pune to Hyderabad by road on 16th and I am planning to come back to Pune on 20th. I have taken the E-Pass from the Maharashtra Police. Will they stamp me at the Telangana border, since I am returning back in 3 days? What are the quarantine rules for persons coming by road?
Old 12th June 2020, 09:12   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarsh.E View Post
Sir, I want to travel from Pune to Hyderabad by road on 16th and I am planning to come back to Pune on 20th. I have taken the E-Pass from the Maharashtra Police. Will they stamp me at the Telangana border, since I am returning back in 3 days? What are the quarantine rules for persons coming by road?
There is a heightened alert for anyone coming from MH (maybe because of the number of cases reported there). So, there is a higher chance of getting stamped at the border.
Old 15th June 2020, 09:34   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarsh.E View Post
Might be you can seek clarification from telnagana Authorities at the border check post. But year stamping is done for those travelling from MH.
Old 22nd June 2020, 12:28   #778
BHPian

Has anyone done a hyderabad-pune-hyderabad trip recently? any update on the check points and quarantine details?
I have to travel to pune and return back to hyderabad next day. Mine is a KA registered car, would it be a problem anywhere in between? Any pointers would be helpful.

Last edited by rishie : 22nd June 2020 at 12:30.
Old 22nd June 2020, 17:42   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
Has anyone done a hyderabad-pune-hyderabad trip recently? any update on the check points and quarantine details?
I have to travel to pune and return back to hyderabad next day. Mine is a KA registered car, would it be a problem anywhere in between? Any pointers would be helpful.
For up & down trips, there are no quarantine rules as you are coming back to Hyd. However, as per KA Govt rules, you might need to seek pass mentioning entry & exit points. Passes would be required in MH as well. However, I'm not 100% sure about it.
Old 22nd June 2020, 19:48   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
Did Hyderabad-Mumbai on 20th June. Was stopped at Karnataka-Maharashtra border by MH police and again just before entering Solapur. Cops were stopping all cars for passes.

No issues while travelling in Telangana and Karnataka.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks