Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2016, 19:11   #1276
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkarthikvkn View Post
Looks like i can take a detour at devenahalli and hit Hosur and work my way back through the Chennai Highway? Any thoughts on how good that (Devenahalli - Hosure) road is? If the road is good, it might be few more kilometers but might be worth it.

I actually have an open plan. I plan to start early from Hyderabad on a Friday. That said, depending on advice from you folks, I can time my run to be at Blr at an optimal time.

I meant near Banerghetta Road (close to HSBC)- Apologies for that confusion. I am not really very familiar with Bangalore, though very scared after hearing and seeing (a bit) horror stories of the driving there.
Devanahalli-Hosur is a complete drive on NH207 with an intermediate exit at Old Madras Road to get onto the other side of 207. This is just too much of a detour as it will take you to Hosur via Bagalur. From there you will have to drive back into Bangalore!
Instead, take the Devanahalli-Budigere route to Old Madras Road and then the Varthur road, Old Airport road, Outer ring road, Hosur Road, NICE road, Bannerghatta road exit (see my earlier post). This should be good for you to get to HSBC, lot better than approaching the place from within the City
I think a 4am start from Hyderabad will get you to Bangalore around 11am and you should then be able to reach HSBC by around 1pm.

Last edited by NPV : 5th May 2016 at 19:12.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 12:37   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3. When I hit bangalore, I am staying with a friend in banerghetta, and want to avoid traffic from Airport, where the Hyderabad road hits, I think.
my two cents would be go via the elevated road-hebbal-outer ring road-kr puram-marthahalli-sarjapur road-silk board junction-bannerghatta road.if you leave hyd by 5am you would be at hebbal by 12pm and not too much of a problem negotiating blr city traffic at that time and plus since you are not too familiar with roads in and around bangalore,this suggested route is a straight forward one.Should take you around 90mins from the Airport Toll Plaza to your destination. https://goo.gl/GZO157

Quote:
6. I have an air inflator (electric) with me.
dont think you would ever need to use that.never fill/check air pressure in the midst of a drive when the air inside the tyre has expanded.

Quote:
Suggestions really welcome on Hyd- Blr and Blr - Wayanad and Chennai - Hyd routes.
hyd-blr:straightforward nh7,door to door with a breakfast and other breaks can be done in around 8hours.

blr-wayanad:can be done in about 5-6hrs.blr-mysore-muthanga-batheri.

chennai-hyd:chennai-red hills-nayudupeta-nellore-ongole-Medarametla-Addanki-Narketpalli-suryapet-lb nagar-hyd final destination.can be done in approximately 8-10hrs drive.hardly any eating facilities between Chennai and Vijayawada on the route except for the restaurant on top of the Ongole Toll Plaza.Between Vijayawada and Hyd,7-Refresh food court at Suryapet is the best.
https://goo.gl/lTk1Fl

if you are doing this stretch with a stopover,then do not take the diversion to the MAN Expressway after Ongole,instead take the highway via Guntur-Vijayawada and Vijayawada has enough stay options.

Pls find attached a file that details of all the eateries and distance points on the HYD-BLR-HYD stretch of NH7.The list may be kept updated as we go along.

Google Sheets link to the highway eateries file

https://goo.gl/PZtY8o
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx NH7_HYDBLR_Eateries.xlsx (9.4 KB, 639 views)

Last edited by ampere : 9th May 2016 at 11:48. Reason: Back to back posts merged
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 10:18   #1278

This is one of the reasons I love team BHP (and was over the moon when my membership was approved).

People are so willing to help with advice. It matters so much (even to a guy like me who does a lot of research and is fairly good at it). Especially the eateries lists (I am very particular about washrooms )

A big shout out to all the teambhpians. You guys rock.

Another thing, even though I love cars, and love driving, I am not great with the technical stuff . However, honestly, I have never felt out of place here.

Getting all emotional.
vkarthikvkn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 12:26   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is one of the reasons I love team BHP (and was over the moon when my membership was approved).

People are so willing to help with advice. It matters so much (even to a guy like me who does a lot of research and is fairly good at it). Especially the eateries lists (I am very particular about washrooms )

A big shout out to all the teambhpians. You guys rock.

Another thing, even though I love cars, and love driving, I am not great with the technical stuff . However, honestly, I have never felt out of place here.

Getting all emotional.
You are better off not venturing into washrooms on the HYD-BLR stretch.The ones mentioned have fairly clean ones,but dont bank too much on those!
Old 13th May 2016, 23:35   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Pls find attached a file that details of all the eateries and distance points on the HYD-BLR-HYD stretch of NH7.The list may be kept updated as we go along.

Google Sheets link to the highway eateries file
thanks for that excel sheet , so between 1.5 hours to 4 hours , theres no place dependable to take a break?
Old 15th May 2016, 10:36   #1281
BHPian

Just an update to my trip from Bangalore to Hyderabad

Onward Journey from Bangalore to Hyderabad
- Started at 04:30 - Reached Hyderabad at 12:00
- 1 break for breakfast @ New Moon near Ananthpur & 1 refuelling stop
- great roads all throughout, no speed / document checks anywhere
- tolls to about Rs 900

Return Journey from Hyd to BLR
- Started at 10:30, Reached BLR outskirts at 18:00 & Whitefield at 20:00
- 2 breaks for about 1:30 hr total at 97 & New Moon (really clean washrooms)
- 1 speed check at Devanahalli & great roads throughout

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Old 15th May 2016, 12:17   #1282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post

chennai-hyd:chennai-red hills-nayudupeta-nellore-ongole-Medarametla-Addanki-Narketpalli-suryapet-lb nagar-hyd final destination.can be done in approximately 8-10hrs drive.hardly any eating facilities between Chennai and Vijayawada on the route except for the restaurant on top of the Ongole Toll Plaza.Between Vijayawada and Hyd,7-Refresh food court at Suryapet is the best.
Pardon me, but Suryapet does not come into picture on that route. He has to turn left towards Hyderabad at Narketpalli. A right turn towards Vijaywada would take him to Suryapet and 7 restaurant.
Old 15th May 2016, 18:23   #1283
Senior - BHPian

I've updated the list of food joints in the attached spreadsheet. Readers are requested to update the list and also fill in data under comments and other columns like presence and condition of restrrooms, etc.

NH7_HYDBLR_Eateries.xlsx
vnabhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 18:54   #1284
BHPian

Hello All - I am planning to do a BLR-HYD and return trip next month in my Nano. Wanted to know whether the distance can be covered in 8 hours, if i maintain a speed of 90-100kms/hr? Also i see that some people have reported toll fees as Rs.900 and some as Rs.632. Which one is correct?
Old 29th May 2016, 19:39   #1285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Hello All - I am planning to do a BLR-HYD and return trip next month in my Nano. Wanted to know whether the distance can be covered in 8 hours, if i maintain a speed of 90-100kms/hr? Also i see that some people have reported toll fees as Rs.900 and some as Rs.632. Which one is correct?
At that speed, you can cover airport(BLR) to airport(HYD) in around 7 hours or even quicker. Regarding toll, It is around 600-650.

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-snap1.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 29th May 2016 at 19:59.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 09:34   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
100kmph in a nano?? I think 70 Kmph would be a safer bet. And check the tyres, due to the heat can burst if not in good condition. The tolls are close to Rs. 900 starting form the ORR (entry from the road on which DPS and Okridge are present) in Hyderabad and stopping at Kargeens, Koramangala in Bangalore. Did the trip in February this year.
Old 30th May 2016, 09:47   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit_Quad View Post
100kmph in a nano?? I think 70 Kmph would be a safer bet. And check the tyres, due to the heat can burst if not in good condition. The tolls are close to Rs. 900 starting form the ORR (entry from the road on which DPS and Okridge are present) in Hyderabad and stopping at Kargeens, Koramangala in Bangalore. Did the trip in February this year.
Thanks Rohit! I have done close 110 KMS in nano during a trip to Chennai. I will check the tyre conditions too. I have not yet decided to do this trip or not because next day i have to leave abroad for a business trip. Still contemplating things.
Old 30th May 2016, 23:06   #1288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit_Quad View Post
. The tolls are close to Rs. 900 starting form the ORR (entry from the road on which DPS and Okridge are present) in Hyderabad and stopping at Kargeens, Koramangala in Bangalore. Did the trip in February this year.
The toll works out to Rs 634. If you take the ORR from Shamshabad to Gachibowli, then add Rs 30 more.
Details are below. I did the trip in Oct 2015 and again in Jan 2016. Rates were same in both trips.

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-tolls-hyd-blr.png
Old 31st May 2016, 11:02   #1289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just got back from Bangalore this Sunday (I had gone on Friday night). The toll is 639 INR, one way. The Gachibowli-Bglr exit ORR toll is another 20 INR. The onward journey from Gachibowli to Devanahalli took me 7.5 hrs (1730hrs to 0100hrs, reached HSR layout at 0145 hrs) including 2 breaks of 30+ mins each. The return journey from Devanahalli to Gachibowli took 6.5 hrs (1215 hrs to 1845hrs) and included 2 breaks of 15 mins each. Speeds were just a shade above the ones mentioned by you.

Note: Keep refueling regularly. On the return leg, I was low on fuel and I had to travel 100 kms till Anantapur outskirts till I found a decent fuel station on the left side of the road. It was a bit worrisome towards the end.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 11:21   #1290
BHPian

Did another Hyd-Blore round trip. I had my new temporary registered S-Cross with me and was bit worried. No one could confirm if I can take my temporary registered car out of state. Yes, I did scan the team-bhp temporary registration thread, also wrote to Bangalore RTA rtobngn-ka@nic.in As expected, did not get any response from him.

I decided to take chance, the entire journey was uneventful, encountered cops at about 3-4 places but none stopped me.

The newly opened Blue moon food court at Gooty is quite good, we reached there at around 2.30 PM during the onward journey. During the return journey, we got there at around 1 PM. It was utter chaos, too many customers, too few staff to serve. The washrooms too were all soiled.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks