Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2017, 18:56   #4471
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
Caesar hates bath time and he makes sure you know that! Look at the expression of absolute disgust!

My two dogs get bathed in warm to hot water with special medicated shampoo and savlon in the mix.
They love it because I bathe them personally always and they get a solid scratchy scratchy massage from me at bath time.
Both of them are elderly but they still love their baths.
I suspect it is because of early training and anticipation of a good scratch during the bath!
Of course I dry them as thoroughly as possible afterwards so that they dont catch any skin problems like fungus etc.
Old 11th June 2017, 18:58   #4472
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Here they are after yesterday's bath!
Nice and fluffy and squeaky clean.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497187629.696888.jpg
Team-BHPians and their Pets-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497187639.014489.jpg

The most faithful and dearly beloved friends of mine!
Old 12th June 2017, 05:08   #4473
BANNED

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Attachment 1647260
Lovely pics! Your golden lab is a dead ringer for Denver, the guilty dog! - without doubt the funniest & most evocative of dog videos.

"Denver Official Guilty Dog Video www.facebook.com/guiltydog"
Old 12th June 2017, 05:23   #4474
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
The only medicine name I can tell you is Neeri KFT syrup. Give him 10 ml twice. Other medicines are formulated by himself. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brihaspati_Dev_Triguna He is Grandson of this guy. Also be very careful about the medicines you give him since all the medicines eventually have to be excreted from kidney and a wrong medicine can do more harm than doing good. Also keep a check on other parameters like phosphorus and urea. In my pet's case his urea level had reached 400 which is supposed to be 50 and the diet which you give him has to be balanced accordingly.

Hey shashanka,

It was very difficult in the beginning. All the vets had given up and that's when someone referred me to this doctor who treats with Ayurveda and homeopathy. The results have been unbelievable. I did not know Ayurveda has such good results. As per my vet there is no cure in Allopathy for kidney damage cases. The only option is flushing but that doesn't cure the disease. It's only Ayurveda which cures the disease.

Hello nik0502,

I had forgotten to mention that our vet (who prescribed homeopathy alongside regular vet. prescriptions) is no more. He was a very senior citizen (80+) but he would still make home visits (on his scooter!) when he judged it to be necessary. May his soul rest in peace. As near a good samaritan as any I have met. He is sorely missed by his army of devoted patients.
Regards,
Shashanka

Quote:
Caesar hates bath time and he makes sure you know that! Look at the expression of absolute disgust!
Hello esoticoreventon,
My sympathies are all with the chap! Reminds me of my boyhood when we would play gulli-danda & marbles all day long during the summer vacs & hated the thought of being led off for a bath. The hang-over still lingers as my wife will testify!
Regards,
Shashanka
Old 12th June 2017, 09:18   #4475
BHPian

Quote:
My sympathies with Caesar! My Barfi too hates bathing and he makes sure that he far away and supposedly unreachable when he feels that preparations are on for his bath!

Quote:
So adorable! They look so regal and pleased as punch!

A quick update on Barfi. He is responding well to the treatment and medicines. Got his blood tested Saturday and his creatinine levels has come down further and the other counts are improving as well. He is eating food regularly and is almost back to his normal self. Hope this uptrend continues.
Old 12th June 2017, 22:12   #4476
BHPian

Quote:

They are so beautiful, and not just because of the bath! Caesar used to love bath time, but then he got lazy! He doesn't want his precious nap time to be compromised for a bath. Ask him to go for a car drive, and he won't even need sleep during the night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Hello esoticoreventon,
My sympathies are all with the chap! Reminds me of my boyhood when we would play gulli-danda & marbles all day long during the summer vacs & hated the thought of being led off for a bath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat_iyer View Post
My sympathies with Caesar! My Barfi too hates bathing and he makes sure that he far away and supposedly unreachable when he feels that preparations are on for his bath!
As you have taken Caesar's side, you are both going to be receiving bucket loads of licks, but you have lost your opportunity to have a nice ride in a VTEC.
Old 13th June 2017, 05:39   #4477
BANNED

Hello esoticoreventon,

I regret having missed that ride on the VTEC, but I am fully in tune with Caeser's predicament - Oh, no, not that wretched bath again!. Our Kluso & pearl have the same unhealthy attachment to their car rides - come rain, hail or sunshine!

Last edited by shashanka : 13th June 2017 at 05:42.
Old 29th June 2017, 11:05   #4478
Senior - BHPian

While we have had dogs in the home for a long time, Amber and Honey are the first breed dogs; both adopted as puppies because they were the unwanted females in the litter. Amber came home in 2009, while Honey dropped by in 2014.

Both get along very well together as golden retrievers usually do, and are very good with kids.

The last picture is Honey when she came home, and how she is today, a lady in her prime. Lady most of the time, that is, puppy games are not completely out of her blood yet!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_0692.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_0953.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_1038.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_1039.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_2291.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-_dsc3284.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dscf0020.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-_dsc3740.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-_dsc4216.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-honey14to17.jpg  

Old 29th June 2017, 11:34   #4479
Senior - BHPian

And as the set below will show, there isn't a better pet than a good dog for a child to grow up with; from someone to watch over the crib in the early days, to a partner in crime while growing up.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_1139.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_2350.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_4053.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_5313.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_5509.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_5659.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_5688.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_6779.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-_dsc3410.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dscf0029.jpg  

Old 29th June 2017, 11:43   #4480
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful pics you have got there, Sawyer. Your pets are so adorable! Loved both the sets. The set with your child is simply amazing, I must say
Old 29th June 2017, 12:00   #4481
BANNED

Wanted to get an idea about what kind of fees vets charge for cats & dogs.

- For a visit where the vet only prescribed medicines
- For a visit where the vet gave an injection also
- For a visit where the vet gave some medication orally the pet in the dispensary

Please also indicate what animal & species this was for.
Old 29th June 2017, 12:11   #4482
Senior - BHPian

Indeed; even though she is my granddaughter:-), I have to agree.
Old 29th June 2017, 12:57   #4483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Wanted to get an idea about what kind of fees vets charge for cats & dogs.

- For a visit where the vet only prescribed medicines
- For a visit where the vet gave an injection also
- For a visit where the vet gave some medication orally the pet in the dispensary

Please also indicate what animal & species this was for.
I guess the fees shall vary by state / city, but nonetheless here's my experience:
  • only prescription - 100 (plus cost of medicine) - This is same for cats & dogs (mixed breed)
  • prescription/inspection + injection - 150 (plus cost of medicine / injection syringe) - This is same for cats & dogs (mixed breed)
  • oral medicine - normally it is me who gives oral medicine, so never enquired for the same.
  • house visit injection push by vet's assistant - 50 (plus cost of medicine / syringe)
  • hysterectomy for female cat - Rs 1500 all inclusive (in the clinic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I have to agree.
Lovely pictures you have there sir !
Old 29th June 2017, 14:04   #4484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Lovely pictures you have there sir !
Thank you!

And here is another that is an example of the scandal that is the entire dog breeding racket in the country, supported by educated people that should know better.

People buy exotic pups from unscrupulous breeders, and when they can't cope with responsibility of keeping a pet, abandon them on the roads by simply driving to the outskirts of the city and leaving them there and driving back home. Even putting the animal down would be kinder, but these people don't have the courage to do that. In the picture is one such that my daughter adopted recently, a boxer bitch of uncertain age not exceeding 12 months, now called Yuki. She was found abandoned on the roads, wandering around with a prolapsed vagina.

In general, how we treat animals in India is a scandal that is a marker of how uncivilised we really are as a society.

Anyone wanting to keep a pet dog is best served by Indian breeds that are as good as any if kept at home, and better than most by being hardened to be able to flourish in our climate.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_7376.jpg  

Old 29th June 2017, 14:34   #4485
Distinguished - BHPian

Very nice, Sawyer. Your dogs have a great relationship with each other as well as with your children. I really agree with letting the children interact with the animals like this: they learn great lessons from them. A friend's epitaph to her great-age cat on his passing: "he taught my son to be gentle."

My cat has found a friend: another male, but much younger. They play together for hours. I don't know if this youngster has another home, but I fear that this means that we now have two cats. No: we did not want. But that is the way it is with cats. they decide where to live!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks