Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2019, 18:30   #5116

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

My parents always love dogs, trey really adore any and every dog, be it a pet dog or a stray one. They had a 'Desi dog' (Inidan Pariah) named Tilak back at home and Tilak was elder than me by almost 2 years. We shared a great bond since we were childhood friends and from there the love for dogs started to grow in my heart as well. But, unfortunately at the age of 9 Tilak passed away and this incident really put a huge emotional vacuum in my parent's mind. The good bye was so saddening that my parents never thought of bringing another dog.

Though there were many other pets at our home like little white mouses, rabbits, love birds etc. but not a dog again.

So, last year (August 2018) while my parents came to visit us here in Pune, one day suddenly my father remembered Tilak and we were talking about him and took a walk down the memory lane. At that time I decided to bring home a new dog.

On October 2019 we welcomed Coco (Labrador) home. He was only a month old at that time.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-whatsapp-image-20191226-5.46.03-pm.jpeg

He is a cute little male labrador pup.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-whatsapp-image-20191226-5.46.03-pm-1.jpeg

He soon started to accompany me in everything. Maybe he wanted to ride car.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-whatsapp-image-20191226-5.46.03-pm-2.jpeg

The more he is growing, the more he is becoming naughtier.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-whatsapp-image-20191226-5.46.03-pm-3.jpeg
Team-BHPians and their Pets-whatsapp-image-20191226-5.46.03-pm-4.jpeg
Team-BHPians and their Pets-whatsapp-image-20191226-5.46.03-pm-5.jpeg

Now he is more than a year old and is a very good boy. The only time he can not control himself is when he sees food around. I have never seen any dog in my life who is as greedy as my Coco in case of food and he literally eats each and every single thing on earth except Chilli and Lemon.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-whatsapp-image-20191226-5.46.03-pm-6.jpeg

Lastly I would say only the dog parents would know what sheer love they are sharing between each other and trust me, this feeling cannot be expressed in words ever.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-whatsapp-image-20191226-5.46.03-pm-7.jpeg
Old 26th December 2019, 21:07   #5117
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This little one came to us off the street almost a year back. Simba.
She is a superb little dog.
I’m glad we were able to grab her and offer her a comfortable life with lots of affection.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-2f11a190c87f42cf9150a6f37ca9651e.jpeg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-954b4279b23c478ea58665cd8aec437d.jpeg  

Old 26th December 2019, 21:09   #5118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I’m glad we were able to grab her and offer her a comfortable life with lots of affection.
Cute dog. Is she an Indian Pariah? What’s her name?
Old 26th December 2019, 21:16   #5119
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Cute dog. Is she an Indian Pariah? What’s her name?
Indie dog. Lots of Dobermann and maybe some Rottweiler in her ancestry. Her name is Simba. We’ve always had one Simba or other in the house so we decided she also will be one more Simba.
Old 26th December 2019, 21:19   #5120
BHPian

Quote:
Indie dog. Lots of Dobermann and maybe some Rottweiler in her ancestry. Her name is Simba. We’ve always had one Simba or other in the house so we decided she also will be one more Simba.
That’s nice, our cousin has a labrador named Simba. Since they’re not able to look after him most of the time, they share ownership with their neighbours (apartment). I wouldn’t do that to my dog if I had one though
Old 26th December 2019, 22:23   #5121
BHPian

Coco and Simba are adorable.
Kalki too seems to have had a good life.

Wish Sarkar and Shankar many years of happiness with Coco and Simba. Thanks for giving them loving homes and parents.

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 26th December 2019 at 22:25.
Old 2nd January 2020, 07:48   #5122
BHPian

Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Very nice pets you have Sir.
Where were you able to find it in Hyderabad and if you could share the details or cost would be helpful. It will be close to two years very soon after losing my lab and I feel this strong vibe of getting a dog home.
Already feeding 5 strays of my colony.

Thank you Abhi,
Well, Malinios need a lot of time and they are protection breed hence if not raised properly you will have issues later when they grow up.
If you are on Facebook kindly check the page Progressive Canines, you can see the working dogs here. You can also see many pics and clips of our little boy along with my wife (his handler) training for their PSA. Honestly I do not want to put a price tag up on public forum as the it's not appropriate.
I have inboxed you my number so that we can discuss further, however as mentioned one should be ready to invest huge amount of time in raising them well. They can make the most cuddly, affectionate pets.

Regards,
Pradeep.

Last edited by pdma : 2nd January 2020 at 08:14.
Old 2nd January 2020, 08:18   #5123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice. Rottie mix I think. I have a GSD / indie mix named Sparky, now 8 months old. When we picked her up as a one month old puppy, she was 800 grams, and she's much closer to 18 kg now.

Two photos from when she was a one month old baby, and now.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-sparky.jpeg

Name:  sparky4.png
Views: 883
Size:  449.1 KB

And one from when she was like three months old.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-sparky3.jpg

Last edited by hserus : 2nd January 2020 at 08:20.
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:11   #5124
BHPian

Look at those paws! Sparky is going to be a big girl. Beautiful pictures Suresh.
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:20   #5125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Look at those paws! Sparky is going to be a big girl. Beautiful pictures Suresh.
She's getting bigger, though maybe not as big as a purebred GSD. I estimate she'll top out at around 25 kg.
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:32   #5126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkar_ask View Post

On October 2019 we welcomed Coco (Labrador) home. He was only a month old at that time.

He soon started to accompany me in everything. Maybe he wanted to ride car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Nice. Rottie mix I think. I have a GSD / indie mix named Sparky, now 8 months old
May I ask if you had ever toured with your dog?
I have one and we are planning our first trip to the hills soon.

My dog accompanies me everywhere I can take her. We have been to the parks, beaches and play grounds.

But how does it compare when we tour? Accomodations? How about the hotels where we stop in for food?

It would be great if you had travelled with your dog and if you can share your experience.

PS: My dog has adapted the car's environment and feels good inside car. Nothing to bother while traveling!

Both of your dogs look amazing! Pets are great to have
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:56   #5127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
She's getting bigger, though maybe not as big as a purebred GSD. I estimate she'll top out at around 25 kg.
Ah but that's ok. Being a mutt has its own advantages health-wise.
Old 2nd January 2020, 13:40   #5128
Senior - BHPian

I normally keep my dog in a boarding place when I travel so this is from talking to others (eg: bhpian @paradiddle) who travel with their dog.

Most restaurants are not dog friendly. You can find many dog friendly hotels / resorts / camp grounds. For example when I was in Gandikota there were four or five strays in the campgrounds and they happily came over to get warm when we had evening campfires.

In the restaurants you can generally leave your dog in the car with the AC running and the windows open a little, for a short while. Easier to just order room service or have the campground guy bring food over to your tent.

You can't really go too fast in your journey, you'll need to stop every two hours or so and let your dog pee and run around for a while, or the constant motion will make them puke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
May I ask if you had ever toured with your dog?
I have one and we are planning our first trip to the hills soon.

My dog accompanies me everywhere I can take her. We have been to the parks, beaches and play grounds.
Old 2nd January 2020, 14:06   #5129
BANNED

Is there a good cat boarding places for a few days in Mumbai eastern suburbs?

In general, anyone know how cats react in boarding places? It's great pain even getting my cat into my car forget taking him anywhere? My cat doesn't like to sit in my car. To take him to the vet, I use an auto & a carrier so that I can keep him calm during the trip.
Old 2nd January 2020, 14:29   #5130
BHPian

We adopted a Lab Released Beagle ( Freagle ) from CUPA back in 2016. Our little boy just loves to travel.
Wherever we go we take him along with us. We go by the policy of "Either all of us go or none of us go".
He has been to most parts of South India. Fortunately he doesn't throw up while driving through the ghat roads or even high speed driving.
Finding a place to stay hasn't been much of an issue for us. The last trip we did was Bangalore - Kodaikanal - Palakkad - Ooty and back to Bangalore which spanned for 7 days and not once did he show signs of restlessness.
He is one travelholic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks