Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2023, 10:58   #6226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

This guy visit our house everyday and is best friend of my wife. He comes to the kitchen side and call my wife. He screams his lungs out till she goes out and greets him. My wife feeds him grapes, green chilly, peanut, chapati (small piece) etc., and he does not take/eat if they are not "really" fresh. He did not like guys in the beginning and used to fly away moment he notice our presence (my son an I). He accepted my son as friend after few days but took weeks to accept me in his outer friend circle :-).

Today our neighborhood terror cat tried to attack him and we had to rush out to shoo the cat away!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-1679634035791.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-1679634035829.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-1679634035847.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-1679634035865.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-1679634035886.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 24th March 2023 at 11:08.
Latheesh is online now   (27) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 17:12   #6227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

E.g. my two cats posing 100% for the camera while I was on a call next to them (& unaware of this picture being taken).
Quite some strict managers you've got there My cat used to do same, stare at me or just sit on my lap while I was doing wfh. Miss that fellow. I've not updated here since he went out sometimes last November and hasn't come back home yet ! But another stray cat chose us and we're happily looking after her and her new born kittens

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img20230326wa0066.jpg
Akshay6988 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 18:03   #6228
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely! Though somewhat older than newborn.

Have had two parrots(yes, I know: parakeets) caught by cats in our garden. Both were shifted to known bird people. One survived, the other did not.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 21:17   #6229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
This guy visit our house everyday and is best friend of my wife.
People who have wild birds visiting them are really lucky, I recently saw a video of a lady in Mumbai, who had all kinds of birds visiting her kitchen window. In my home, we keep birdseed and Chapatis for Birds, which are usually stolen by the Squirrels that reside in our coconut trees, it is such a joy to see them visiting us, even from a distance.

Mumbai Birds

Another one in Caracas

motorpsycho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 10:32   #6230
Senior - BHPian

On the topic of wild birds, we have kept three bird baths around the garden and while we have always kept two, this month we added one more. And that's been a big hit with the birds.

Just yesterday we had bulbuls, robins and a paradise fly catcher (first time for us) enjoy the water.

Our usual visitors are Rufus, robins, barbets (only during summers), koels and majestic kites.

Watching the kite swoop down and perch on the bird bath is a sight to behold.
deathwalkr is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 17:14   #6231
BHPian

I have to travel from Mumbai to Dubai with my pet dog. Need some suggestions.

1. Where and how to buy a pet crate/carrier that won't create any issues with the airlines?
(The dog weighs 27 Kgs, 25 inches high and is approx 4 years old Indie/Mongrel)

2. Pet relocation companies quote exorbitant prices. Can normal freight forwarders do it too?

I'm already done with the Titer Test and the report is ok. Any suggestions from experienced members would be highly appreciated.
Fuldagap is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 17:55   #6232
Senior - BHPian

So the black cat "Jasper" who had adopted himself into our home has been missing for the past 3 days and my wife who was very indifferent to cats is really missing Jasper.

Is three days normal for a cat to roam around and not get back to home base?
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 18:23   #6233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
So the black cat "Jasper" who had adopted himself into our home has been missing for the past 3 days and my wife who was very indifferent to cats is really missing Jasper.

Is three days normal for a cat to roam around and not get back to home base?
A lot depends if he considers your home as as his home base. An independent cat can go off on "adventures" that can last from a few days to even weeks at times. In short, you can only wait and watch. Probably should come back in a day or two.
ninjatalli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 19:25   #6234

1. Check for kennels from Petmate. They are IATA approved.
2. You will most likely need to work with a pet relocation company to get your export permit and authorizations from various government agencies. Furry Flyers, Mumbai was used by someone I personally know, to relocate their pet from USA to India.
adi060711 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 16:23   #6235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A lot depends if he considers your home as as his home base. An independent cat can go off on "adventures" that can last from a few days to even weeks at times. In short, you can only wait and watch. Probably should come back in a day or two.
So, Jasper is back. Opened the kitchen door at the back today to find him waiting there. Boy, did he have a story to tell. Meowing away to glory

Looks like he went on an adventure.
deathwalkr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 20:27   #6236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
So, Jasper is back. Opened the kitchen door at the back today to find him waiting there. Boy, did he have a story to tell. Meowing away to glory

Looks like he went on an adventure.
Jasper went off to fulfill his conjugal needs. Lucky bloody cat!!! My wife tells me, 'well you could try your luck too'

Last edited by V.Narayan : 1st April 2023 at 20:28.
V.Narayan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 15:26   #6237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupi_BHP View Post
Hi guys. I have a very unusual giveaway.

He told us that the cat is a mix of Indian and Egyptian Mau and is 1 year 4 months old.

So, if any of you guys are interested and can take care of the cat, I'll be happy to give it to you. He is very well trained and is absolutely calm with the kids. I am based in Noida sector 62 but ready to come and handover the cat in nearby region.
Reposting here to get more visibility. Also @Bhupi_BHP - suggest reaching out via social media if not already done. There would be several cat adoption groups on FB & others active; see if you can leverage them. Excellent pictures go a long way in getting interest and the knowledge of the breed should definitely help.

P.s. suggest neutering the cat if not already done. Quite relevant if he is really an Egyptian Mau mix (to prevent breeding interests).
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 22:10   #6238
BHPian

Quote:
Reposting here to get more visibility. Also @Bhupi_BHP - suggest reaching out via social media if not already done. There would be several cat adoption groups on FB & others active; see if you can leverage them. Excellent pictures go a long way in getting interest and the knowledge of the breed should definitely help.

P.s. suggest neutering the cat if not already done. Quite relevant if he is really an Egyptian Mau mix (to prevent breeding interests).
Thanks a lot for your kind support. I'm happy to inform that I have been able to find a very good home for the cat
Bhupi_BHP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 23:42   #6239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post
I have to travel from Mumbai to Dubai with my pet dog. Need some suggestions.
Hi wish you and your pet safe travels and a happy life together. My only suggestion is to avoid stowing the pet in cargo hold. Please insist on an in-cabin accommodation even though it might mean buying first class tickets.

Cargo holds are extremely loud and could be very dangerous in case someone from the crew forgets to heat up the hold.
digitalnirvana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 11:14   #6240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Hi wish you and your pet safe travels and a happy life together. My only suggestion is to avoid stowing the pet in cargo hold. Please insist on an in-cabin accommodation even though it might mean buying first class tickets.

Cargo holds are extremely loud and could be very dangerous in case someone from the crew forgets to heat up the hold.

I am told it is not possible to take my dog in-cabin. The dog is approx 27 Kgs. I've made arrangements for cargo. Will travel soon. I hope all goes smoothly.
Fuldagap is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks