Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 12:54   #2881
BHPian

Re: Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
Thank you all for the kind words I followed Cyclic Keto diet also called as Carb Cycling. I will be posting a detailed workout and diet plan probably on Bodybuilding.com and post the link here. As far as supplements I used Whey, Multivitamins, BCAA and Caffeine caps thats about it.

@Red Liner - Did I had time to do anything else? For the last few weeks "NO" as I was doing around 2 hrs of cardio on weekends and any holidays on weekdays it was weight training.

@SohailPistawala - I read about Sheru classic on Facebook, would love to visit. Lets see!

@hiren.mistry - Five monts is a long time! My efforts initially was not that great and inbetween I had to take 2 weeks off! Now since I know how to go about it i feel It could have been done in less than 5 moths!
That's great work, but did you opt for Orals or Injectibles is the question? Or a good stack of both, and yes- what duration did you do and what about PCT and maintenance?

Keep pushing and great to know you made time to train!
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 15:07   #2882
BHPian

What do you mean by Orals or Injectables?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
That's great work, but did you opt for Orals or Injectibles is the question? Or a good stack of both, and yes- what duration did you do and what about PCT and maintenance?

Keep pushing and great to know you made time to train!
Red Circle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 18:13   #2883
BHPian

Quote:
What do you mean by Orals or Injectables?
I meant what steroid cycle did you do Red Circle?

It's ok if you do not wish to discuss that; and I'd rather you don't answer; but it's not advisable to feign ignorance, at least not on this forum and not when you have invited questions.

Nobody is taking anything away from you, your dedication and effort shines through.

AAS (Anablic Androgenic Steroids) or HGH (Human Growth Hormone) are an individual choice, and I have been contemplating a mild cycle for a long time, hence asked.
Old 10th May 2011, 21:31   #2884
BHPian

Finally at the age of 34 and with some past failed stints I am determined to take it up and want to stay fit (my definition: No lazy look, no tummy, my age group say, “you look good and same how you maintain it. Elder says, “you look thin, eat some more” OR Should I say BMI of 22-23, Body fat around 14-15%, Weight <70KG while I am 170cm tall, I want to run for 2-3KM).

I have just joined a neighborhood gym (1week) and would like to tell about my daily routine and would require help with suggestions and advise.

Current situation:
Height: 170 CM
Weight: 73 KG
Waist (Tummy): 34.5 inches
Chest: 38 inches
Biceps: 13.5 inches

Gym Routine:
Daily:

Tread-mill: 20 Min (I could barely run for 3-4 min covering apporx 400mt. at speed of 9), total distance I cover in 20 min is 2.1 km.

Cycling: 10 Min (In fat burning mode, I cover 5 km and burn around 60-70 calories)

Mon/Thu: Chest (3 exercises, 3 sets each), Triceps (3 exercises, 3 sets), Lower abs (3-4 exercises)

Tue/Fri: Back (3 exercises, 3 sets each), Biceps (3 exercises, 3 sets), upper abs

Wed/Sat: Shoulders (3 exercises, 3 sets), Legs (3 exercises, 3 sets), some more abs work

Daily Routine:
7:45 Wake up: freshen up, I don’t take anything before going to gym.
8:30 – 9:45 Gym
10:00 take some juice, lime juice, orange juice, or something like glucon D to provide instance energy.
10:30 Indian Tea with some toast, biscuits.
12:30PM: Lunch (3 roties, 1 bowl vegetables, 1 bowl daal, butter milk, if rice is there then I take 2 roties)
2PM – 12AM: Office
5-6PM: Fruits or some fiber biscuits, I try to avoid any junk food, but its very tough as at this time I am in office. Some lime/orange (sachet packs) drinks.
9-10PM: Dinner (3 roties, 1 bowl vegetables, that’s it, as it’s carried from home).
1AM: Sleep

Some Goals:
1.) Jog/run at least for 10 - 15 min or 2 KM.
2.) Have tummy / waist reduced to 31 (Is that achievable)
3.) Reduced weight <70 KG
4.) Have some muscle mass visible, might be having 40/42 inch chest and 14.5 / 15 inch biceps.

Request to provide help/advises/suggestions with my routine/food/gym routine.
Old 10th May 2011, 22:28   #2885
BHPian

Ah ok, I did guess thats what you meant but I was not sure that steroids is discussed on this thread because any time I see its supplements supplements & supplements or workouts , May be I have missed out those discussions.

To answer your question in one word "NO" I did not use steroids. I have been working out for the last 16 yrs since I was 14 and all these years it was more for the sake of looks. Naturally I have been skinny all my life and about 2 yrs ago I started bulking but did not give attention to my diet, I did enjoy all the Junk food and alcohol and thats how I got that fat! So as you can see I was not new to workout or diet it was just that I did not give my 100% to workout or diet. I am sure anybody can achieve such results when attention to detail is given to diet and workouts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
I meant what steroid cycle did you do Red Circle?

It's ok if you do not wish to discuss that; and I'd rather you don't answer; but it's not advisable to feign ignorance, at least not on this forum and not when you have invited questions.

Nobody is taking anything away from you, your dedication and effort shines through.

AAS (Anablic Androgenic Steroids) or HGH (Human Growth Hormone) are an individual choice, and I have been contemplating a mild cycle for a long time, hence asked.
Old 10th May 2011, 22:53   #2886
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Some Goals:
4.) Have some muscle mass visible, might be having 40/42 inch chest and 14.5 / 15 inch biceps.

1. The best way to burn fat is to shock your body in not getting used to any fixed cardio regimen. Towards that, make one of the 3 cardios (treadmill, cross-trainer, cycle) as the main cardio of the day, with the other 2 becoming secondary @ <50% of the 1st. E.g.: if treadmill is 20 mins on Monday, cross-trainer and cycle should be 10 mins each only.

Change this pattern every day to have a different main cardio from the 3.

2. Jogging is the most singularly effective fat-burn cardio. Roughly 0.7 gm of fat gets burnt during every minute of jogging. Therefore, when doing treadmill, ensure the actual running is atleast 60% of the total duration.

3. Reduction in abdominal fat will only happen to an extent naturally, that is determined by your body. Please do not go overboard and be influenced by advertisement material.

4. Weight reduction is not assured during a gym workout involving weight training, primarily since the weight of the fat burnt is substituted by denser bones and heavier muscles. The maximum weight reduction occurs during the first few months of a dedicated cardio regimen, when excess water is shed from a body. After that, weight loss slows down.

Whenever weight loss slows down despite intense cardio, thats the indication to change the regimen to address the requirement in point 1 of this reply.

5. Finally, gaining muscle mass/tone. Lot of myth/misinformation/disinformation/advertisement here. The only way muscle puts on mass healthily is by toning and over time. It is NOT a quick-turnaround.

Whey Protein supplements are helpful to replenish vital proteins needed for muscles after weight training, but, care to be taken in NOT going overboard in its administration, since excess protein intake is harmful to the kidneys over time. Also, avoid the muscle-mass addition protein supplements, since they invariably contain anabolic steroids - which yield impressive results in the short-term, but are harmful to the body's health in the long-term.

6. The one constant requirement during a gym regimen is self-motivation, without which people dropout!

Last edited by theMAG : 10th May 2011 at 22:55.
theMAG is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 23:04   #2887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
1. Change this pattern every day to have a different main cardio from the 3.

2. Jogging is the most singularly effective fat-burn cardio.
3. Reduction in abdominal fat will only happen to an extent naturally, that is determined by your body.
4. Weight reduction is not assured during a gym workout involving weight training,
5. Finally, gaining muscle mass/tone. Lot of myth/misinformation/disinformation/advertisement here.
6. The one constant requirement during a gym regimen is self-motivation, without which people dropout!
Thank you very much, I with experiencing few failed attempts in past, want to take it easy on my system, and understand the situation I and majority of the people (specially in IT, BPO, corporates) are in.

Thanks you very much, I will definitely start with different cardio regiment and its good as sometime the treadmills are not free or cycles are not free in gym, so i can change the routine

Simultaneously I would be trying to increasing my running / jogging time during treadmill session.

What you think about my diet, I feel I should start taking some protein drinks specially just after gym session, but was thinking is there a drink which can be taken instead of pure whey protein shakes. That could help in longer run.

Basically I want to reduced to 67 KGs, and then gain some muscle mass and stabilize at 69/70 KG, what you think of it.

Last edited by TheBeastFieast : 10th May 2011 at 23:05.
Old 10th May 2011, 23:18   #2888
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

What you think about my diet, I feel I should start taking some protein drinks specially just after gym session,

Basically I want to reduced to 67 KGs, and then gain some muscle mass and stabilize at 69/70 KG, what you think of it.
1. Any diet should be wholesome and spread out evenly across a day.

2. More than targeting a particular weight, focus on a good workout. The weight would normalize to a healthy level.
theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 09:55   #2889
BHPian

The Beast,

Few observations from my side

1 There is absolutely no Protein in your diet, try to include some!
2 Empty stomach cardio is fine but not weight training because you will burn muscle for energy.
3 Your breakfast can be much much better with wholesome foods because all you are eating is Juice, toast and biscuits.

Quote:
Finally at the age of 34 and with some past failed stints I am determined to take it up and want to stay fit (my definition: No lazy look, no tummy, my age group say, “you look good and same how you maintain it. Elder says, “you look thin, eat some more” OR Should I say BMI of 22-23, Body fat around 14-15%, Weight <70KG while I am 170cm tall, I want to run for 2-3KM).

I have just joined a neighborhood gym (1week) and would like to tell about my daily routine and would require help with suggestions and advise.

Current situation:
Height: 170 CM
Weight: 73 KG
Waist (Tummy): 34.5 inches
Chest: 38 inches
Biceps: 13.5 inches

Gym Routine:
Daily:
Tread-mill: 20 Min (I could barely run for 3-4 min covering apporx 400mt. at speed of 9), total distance I cover in 20 min is 2.1 km.

Cycling: 10 Min (In fat burning mode, I cover 5 km and burn around 60-70 calories)

Mon/Thu: Chest (3 exercises, 3 sets each), Triceps (3 exercises, 3 sets), Lower abs (3-4 exercises)

Tue/Fri: Back (3 exercises, 3 sets each), Biceps (3 exercises, 3 sets), upper abs

Wed/Sat: Shoulders (3 exercises, 3 sets), Legs (3 exercises, 3 sets), some more abs work

Daily Routine:
7:45 Wake up: freshen up, I don’t take anything before going to gym.
8:30 – 9:45 Gym
10:00 take some juice, lime juice, orange juice, or something like glucon D to provide instance energy.
10:30 Indian Tea with some toast, biscuits.
12:30PM: Lunch (3 roties, 1 bowl vegetables, 1 bowl daal, butter milk, if rice is there then I take 2 roties)
2PM – 12AM: Office
5-6PM: Fruits or some fiber biscuits, I try to avoid any junk food, but its very tough as at this time I am in office. Some lime/orange (sachet packs) drinks.
9-10PM: Dinner (3 roties, 1 bowl vegetables, that’s it, as it’s carried from home).
1AM: Sleep

Some Goals:

Red Circle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 10:26   #2890
BHPian

Quote:
Ah ok, I did guess thats what you meant but I was not sure that steroids is discussed on this thread because any time I see its supplements supplements & supplements or workouts , May be I have missed out those discussions.

To answer your question in one word "NO" I did not use steroids. I have been working out for the last 16 yrs since I was 14 and all these years it was more for the sake of looks. Naturally I have been skinny all my life and about 2 yrs ago I started bulking but did not give attention to my diet, I did enjoy all the Junk food and alcohol and thats how I got that fat! So as you can see I was not new to workout or diet it was just that I did not give my 100% to workout or diet. I am sure anybody can achieve such results when attention to detail is given to diet and workouts!
spot On red cricle, i wanted to hear this, and to add to it, the moment you give your 100% (apart from your routine work) to exercise or to you goal it is very very achievable without steriods and other so called GH and anabols. Keep it clean and intense.

Music: I dont know about others but for me it is important to have the right music getting in my ears while working i get high on listening and lifting.

Current favs : Eminem - Till i Collapse
Nelly - Just a Dream - Remix
Three 6 Mafias - its a fight
rocky Themes.
And More eminem
Any suggestions of what you guys listen to. Probably could make my list a little longer.
Old 11th May 2011, 11:05   #2891
BHPian

Quote:
1. Any diet should be wholesome and spread out evenly across a day.

2. More than targeting a particular weight, focus on a good workout. The weight would normalize to a healthy level.
Thanks Again, That's a big relief. I will focus on that

Quote:
The Beast,

Few observations from my side

1 There is absolutely no Protein in your diet, try to include some!
2 Empty stomach cardio is fine but not weight training because you will burn muscle for energy.
3 Your breakfast can be much much better with wholesome foods because all you are eating is Juice, toast and biscuits.
Many Thanks, I am planning to add some protein supplements and include protein rich materials in my daily diet.

Could you please suggest some starting supplements for beginners, and what should I take before gym session.
Old 11th May 2011, 13:07   #2892
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Again, That's a big relief. I will focus on that

Many Thanks, I am planning to add some protein supplements and include protein rich materials in my daily diet.

Could you please suggest some starting supplements for beginners, and what should I take before gym session.
Supplements - Whey protein and Creatine, You can add a good multi V as well. if you want to have your real breakfast before hitting the gym then go for oats, whole wheat bread, eggs and inacse you want to have just a small meal then Have a fruit and a scoop of whey.
Old 11th May 2011, 13:45   #2893
Senior - BHPian

@the beast- A good start up protein is Optimums ON whey protein. Creatine i have tried Ultimate Nutrition Creatine Monohydrate which is good and now i will be trying ON's creatine so will let you know how that is as well.

@red Circle and other experts- Which is a good Multi V to have? Recently i had been taking just one becosule tablet a day.
How is nutrilite daily? i can see good reviews for it on net however i find it a touch expensive.
Old 11th May 2011, 14:05   #2894
BHPian

Hey thanks for all this vital info. I have decent fitness levels as I was into sports from school itself. Have started doing weights now. I have bought Ultimate Nutrition Gold std Whey prot. They provide a scoop spoon with that. How much (scoop) is advisable and when (before workout, after or both?)? Is daily workout required or is 3 times a day (1 hr) fine? Which are the parts you do together (arms, chest, back, legs, abs, shoulders)?

Thnks

VW

Quote:
1. The best way to burn fat is to shock your body in not getting used to any fixed cardio regimen. Towards that, make one of the 3 cardios (treadmill, cross-trainer, cycle) as the main cardio of the day, with the other 2 becoming secondary @ <50% of the 1st. E.g.: if treadmill is 20 mins on Monday, cross-trainer and cycle should be 10 mins each only.

Change this pattern every day to have a different main cardio from the 3.

2. Jogging is the most singularly effective fat-burn cardio. Roughly 0.7 gm of fat gets burnt during every minute of jogging. Therefore, when doing treadmill, ensure the actual running is atleast 60% of the total duration.

3. Reduction in abdominal fat will only happen to an extent naturally, that is determined by your body. Please do not go overboard and be influenced by advertisement material.

4. Weight reduction is not assured during a gym workout involving weight training, primarily since the weight of the fat burnt is substituted by denser bones and heavier muscles. The maximum weight reduction occurs during the first few months of a dedicated cardio regimen, when excess water is shed from a body. After that, weight loss slows down.

Whenever weight loss slows down despite intense cardio, thats the indication to change the regimen to address the requirement in point 1 of this reply.

5. Finally, gaining muscle mass/tone. Lot of myth/misinformation/disinformation/advertisement here. The only way muscle puts on mass healthily is by toning and over time. It is NOT a quick-turnaround.

Whey Protein supplements are helpful to replenish vital proteins needed for muscles after weight training, but, care to be taken in NOT going overboard in its administration, since excess protein intake is harmful to the kidneys over time. Also, avoid the muscle-mass addition protein supplements, since they invariably contain anabolic steroids - which yield impressive results in the short-term, but are harmful to the body's health in the long-term.

Old 11th May 2011, 14:13   #2895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@the beast- A good start up protein is Optimums ON whey protein. Creatine i have tried Ultimate Nutrition Creatine Monohydrate which is good and now i will be trying ON's creatine so will let you know how that is as well.

@red Circle and other experts- Which is a good Multi V to have? Recently i had been taking just one becosule tablet a day.
How is nutrilite daily? i can see good reviews for it on net however i find it a touch expensive.
I rely on Centrum; Mega Men & Opti Men are good too. Animal Pak has been my training favorite for years now.

A local alternative is Supractiv or Revital.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks