Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:14   #2941
BHPian

Re: Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Anyone bought here from bb.com?
I am skeptical about customs duty etc.
For your info, I got my 2kg bag of creatine from BB.com yesterday and I was charged a custom duty of Rs 491, The cost of the product was $ 40. I have previously ordered capsules costing $ 80 but was not charged any customs. I feel its best to order capsules and multi vitamins and not stuff like protein powders, creatine and such.
Old 2nd June 2011, 18:15   #2942
BHPian

Guys, is this any good? Its available at local pharmacies and supermarkets.

:: BRITISH NUTRITIONS ::

About Rs 1400/- for a Kg of Whey.
Attached Thumbnails
Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements-whey_02.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2011, 20:19   #2943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman360 View Post
Guys, is this any good? Its available at local pharmacies and supermarkets.

:: BRITISH NUTRITIONS ::

About Rs 1400/- for a Kg of Whey.
Any whey is just fine!

I used to rely on Nutriprot and Proteinex way back when I used to train.

It's all about how much protein, gram for gram, how much isolates, what process of filtration etc. that sets one whey apart from the other.

They all work well, and always remember they are 'supplements' and meant to only aid regular diet.
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 01:36   #2944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
For your info, I got my 2kg bag of creatine from BB.com yesterday and I was charged a custom duty of Rs 491, The cost of the product was $ 40. I have previously ordered capsules costing $ 80 but was not charged any customs. I feel its best to order capsules and multi vitamins and not stuff like protein powders, creatine and such.
judging from that i think its cos of the weight as in you case its 2kg and capsules etc weigh quiet less so may escape duty.
Thanks for the info as i was thinking of getting 2kg creatine from there itself!

However how did you paid the duty, i mean did the courier guy brought some custom receipt and you paid by cash?

Also is there any good indian sites from where we can buy protein and creatine etc?

P.S- just for the info i bought dymatize elite whey protein (10lbs) from ebay india for 5035. Original cost was 5500 but i had a discount coupon so price got less.
Have tried a couple of scoops and the taste is good(rich chocolate). But myofusion still rules in the taste dept. atleast!

Last edited by harry10 : 3rd June 2011 at 01:39.
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:02   #2945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
Hmm..I think I may order a few bottles of Omega-3 Fish Oil caps. from bb.com. Hoping to have a similar luck

Quote:
judging from that i think its cos of the weight as in you case its 2kg and capsules etc weigh quiet less so may escape duty.
Thanks for the info as i was thinking of getting 2kg creatine from there itself!

However how did you paid the duty, i mean did the courier guy brought some custom receipt and you paid by cash?

Also is there any good indian sites from where we can buy protein and creatine etc?

P.S- just for the info i bought dymatize elite whey protein (10lbs) from ebay india for 5035. Original cost was 5500 but i had a discount coupon so price got less.
Have tried a couple of scoops and the taste is good(rich chocolate). But myofusion still rules in the taste dept. atleast!
+1 to Myofusion. Bought y'day from a store for Rs. 3000. Harry, any genuine E-bay sellers you'd recommend?
Old 4th June 2011, 15:58   #2946
BHPian

Quote:

The customs usually have an issue with powdery stuff, suspecting the obvious.

I have known people to have issues with protein, gainers, creatine etc.

As for taste, try IsoSensation93 once, the best taste on the market. (except their banana ice cream)
Old 5th June 2011, 21:25   #2947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK@Hyd View Post
Hmm..I think I may order a few bottles of Omega-3 Fish Oil caps. from bb.com. Hoping to have a similar luck

+1 to Myofusion. Bought y'day from a store for Rs. 3000. Harry, any genuine E-bay sellers you'd recommend?
Sure.
Storeji
Planetnutritiondelhi
esnstore
nutrition-n-fitness
I had experience with all of the above and they are genuine imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
The customs usually have an issue with powdery stuff, suspecting the obvious.

I have known people to have issues with protein, gainers, creatine etc.

As for taste, try IsoSensation93 once, the best taste on the market. (except their banana ice cream)
I had used IsoSensation93 a lot in the past. IMO its the best protein i have used till date! However in taste am yet to taste better than myofusion!

Last edited by harry10 : 5th June 2011 at 21:26.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2011, 22:56   #2948
BHPian

Quote:

I paid the duty charges to the courier guy and he did give a receipt for that, The final price is still less than what you pay here in India so that is a good thing, the only drawback is it takes about 4 weeks to reach you!
Old 7th June 2011, 01:19   #2949
BHPian

Guys,

Going for a beach holiday next month and would like to 'step-up'
my physique, which obviously would help me in the long-term too.
I am already seeing decent gains from my weight training routine,
so would not like to tinker with it. What I'd appreciate is advice
regarding nutrition and supplementation.

I am lean (5'8", 67 Kgs), an eggetarian and currently eat 4-5 times
a day (staple food: rice, daal sabji and roti with 2 egg whites at each
of the 3 big meals). A protein shake (Myofusion) post workout in
the evening (started taking a scoop in the morning too lately) in low fat
milk and oats and a fruit or two (bananas, oranges) along with dry
fruits (walnuts, almonds, cashews) complete my daily diet.

I am not looking for a magical transformation but suggestions in
terms of natural food and supplements (and how/when to use them)
to help achieve decent gains in muscle mass and burn a slightly
stubborn lower belly in a month would be great. I work from home,
so can potentially take a more punishing eating schedule, if need be.

Thanks!
Old 7th June 2011, 11:11   #2950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK@Hyd View Post
Guys,

Going for a beach holiday next month and would like to 'step-up'
my physique, which obviously would help me in the long-term too.
I am already seeing decent gains from my weight training routine,
so would not like to tinker with it. What I'd appreciate is advice
regarding nutrition and supplementation.

I am lean (5'8", 67 Kgs), an eggetarian and currently eat 4-5 times
a day (staple food: rice, daal sabji and roti with 2 egg whites at each
of the 3 big meals). A protein shake (Myofusion) post workout in
the evening (started taking a scoop in the morning too lately) in low fat
milk and oats and a fruit or two (bananas, oranges) along with dry
fruits (walnuts, almonds, cashews) complete my daily diet.

I am not looking for a magical transformation but suggestions in
terms of natural food and supplements (and how/when to use them)
to help achieve decent gains in muscle mass and burn a slightly
stubborn lower belly in a month would be great. I work from home,
so can potentially take a more punishing eating schedule, if need be.

Thanks!
stop eating rice and cut down your carbs. Dont eat carbs 4hours before you sleep. You can have one bananana pre workout and one post but instead of having banana have oats pre workout if u want to cut down.Make a 6meal diet.all the best
Old 7th June 2011, 12:30   #2951
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, need some advice on "quick" weight loss.

I am 6ft 1inch and was 99kgs a few months ago but, a weight check last week took me by surprise and I quickly decided to take this situation by it's neck and wringe it back to decent levels. Or better, lose some serious weight !

I joined a gym yesterday after more than a year and have decided to take up this program seriously ( atleast for 3 months in a row)

My target is 4/5kgs a month. Is it unreasonable?

Plan to concentrate on following :-

15 mins of stretching/jumping/leg-ups etc.
15 mins of treadmill
15 mins of cycling/side twisting
15 mins of light weight training

Also, what should be the diet that I follow? I love rice. Should i stop it completely or I can have it once in a while during lunch?

1. Current diet for breakfast is either 1 phulka/fruit plate/pair toast with omlette

2. Current diet for lunch is 4 phulka/veg curry, home made

3. Current diet for dinner is 3-4 phulkas, veg curry and salt less buttermilk.

What should/can i add to above diet and what i should give it miss?

Any shakes that are recommended for weight loss that actually work?

Btw, I have a tendency to gain and loss weight equally fast.

TIA for your responses
Old 7th June 2011, 13:56   #2952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Guys, need some advice on "quick" weight loss.

I am 6ft 1inch and was 99kgs a few months ago but, a weight check last week took me by surprise and I quickly decided to take this situation by it's neck and wringe it back to decent levels. Or better, lose some serious weight !
6'1" is around 182cm, so ideally your weight sbould be anywhere around 80-86Kgs.

Quote:
I joined a gym yesterday after more than a year and have decided to take up this program seriously ( atleast for 3 months in a row)

My target is 4/5kgs a month. Is it unreasonable?
Don't look at going to gym as a chore, make it as an habit or an hobby. It's good that you are determined to hit the gym for at least 3months, but once you stop after that, the chances are more likely for you to regain the lost weight. Excercise should always be part of your regime like how your other day-to-day activities are.

Regarding your target of reducing 4-5Kgs a month - I would suggest not to set any targets at the moment. Start hitting the gym and do workouts you have listed out; each body is unique, some can lose weight quickly, and some can take a lot of time to shed weight. Take it easy as you start and gradually increase the intensity as weeks pass. I've seen pepple who do workouts just for the sake of it, though from outside it might look they are doing the workout correctly, actually the effect of it will be less than they think. Be sincere and focussed to the workouts, the effect of the workout bill be imensely different. Learn how your body reacts to each workout, some workouts might not have any effect on your body, you can stop doing them. Some will have a lot of effect, make sure you don't miss them when you are working out for a particular body part.

Quote:
Plan to concentrate on following :-

15 mins of stretching/jumping/leg-ups etc.
15 mins of treadmill
15 mins of cycling/side twisting
15 mins of light weight training
Looks good and enough. Anything more than 60mins, you are actually hurting your body. But again, 15mins of treadmill/cycling can be done in 2 ways: 1.laid back style and easy levels 2. Focussed style with levels that your body can take up. Remember to be in the 2nd category always while working out

Quote:
Also, what should be the diet that I follow? I love rice. Should i stop it completely or I can have it once in a while during lunch?

1. Current diet for breakfast is either 1 phulka/fruit plate/pair toast with omlette

2. Current diet for lunch is 4 phulka/veg curry, home made

3. Current diet for dinner is 3-4 phulkas, veg curry and salt less buttermilk.

What should/can i add to above diet and what i should give it miss?

Any shakes that are recommended for weight loss that actually work?

Btw, I have a tendency to gain and loss weight equally fast.

TIA for your responses
Your diet looks Ok too. In fact my diet is very similar to what you have listed. I weight 84 and stand at 6'3". Concentrate on your workouts, don't worry about the outcome, just give your best shot each day. On some fine day, when you take of your shirt in front of the mirror, you will be surprised to see a noticeable change.

A bit OT: When I joined gym, I told to myself the following 3 things -
1. No matter what I'm not going to take any supplement.
2. No matter what I'll never stop going to gym.
3. No matter what I'll never remove my shirt off in the gym :o).

Last edited by CliffHanger : 7th June 2011 at 13:59.
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 15:04   #2953
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
6'1" is around 182cm, so ideally your weight sbould be anywhere around 80-86Kgs.
Yup! thats right. I am targetting to be 90kgs in 4 months from now.

Quote:
Don't look at going to gym as a chore, make it as an habit or an hobby. It's good that you are determined to hit the gym for at least 3months, but once you stop after that, the chances are more likely for you to regain the lost weight. Excercise should always be part of your regime like how your other day-to-day activities are.
Well, to me its actually a chore. Will try to embibe this routine as part of my lifestyle. Hope it gets stuck to it.

Quote:
Regarding your target of reducing 4-5Kgs a month - I would suggest not to set any targets at the moment. Start hitting the gym and do workouts you have listed out; each body is unique, some can lose weight quickly, and some can take a lot of time to shed weight.
I am totally aghast at my weight. So kept targets. Alright, let me not workout concentrating on targets

Quote:
Looks good and enough. Anything more than 60mins, you are actually hurting your body. But again, 15mins of treadmill/cycling can be done in 2 ways: 1.laid back style and easy levels 2. Focussed style with levels that your body can take up. Remember to be in the 2nd category always while working out
Yesterday was my first day and I did the routine that I outlined except for weight training. I was on treadmill for 15 mins at 6kmph speed and it seemed one step up than the laid back style. Will use this speed for a month before scaling up.

Quote:
Your diet looks Ok too. In fact my diet is very similar to what you have listed. I weight 84 and stand at 6'3". Concentrate on your workouts, don't worry about the outcome, just give your best shot each day. On some fine day, when you take of your shirt in front of the mirror, you will be surprised to see a noticeable change.
And, I used to eat 3-4 times out in a week. That will be stopped from this week.

Will now reserve eating out once a week and stick to something which will not be too hampering to my workout regime.

Quote:
A bit OT: When I joined gym, I told to myself the following 3 things -
1. No matter what I'm not going to take any supplement.
2. No matter what I'll never stop going to gym.
3. No matter what I'll never remove my shirt off in the gym :o).
So does it mean you couldnt stick to these resolutions?
Old 7th June 2011, 16:46   #2954
Senior - BHPian

@mobike- Nothing is unrealistic but it takes lots of dedication and discipline to achieve it. If you are serious about losing weight and looking good you need to continue gymming cos the moment you will leave gym after 3 months you will start gaining weight again.

Before stating anything further let me point out that i am 6.1- which is 185 cms and currently weigh 85kgs. when i joined gym 1.5 years back i was 114kgs with a 40 inch waist size so i will just recommend the procedure i followed.

Do warm up for 20mins atleast in which you must do 1km of treadmill(should take 4-5)mins and 5 mins cycling which will be around 1.5kms.

Then take around 15-20 mins for weight training,start with one body part in weight training per day.

After that do 15 mins abs- like one day upper abs, next day lower abs and the next day rest for the abs.

After abs run for atleast 2-3kms. This is the most neccessary part as after doing alll the exercises this is the time your body loses the fat quickest> so DONT miss this!

I will suggest you to ignore the machines like stepper, cross trainer etc as by personal experience they are waste of time and energy. Treadmill and cycling are more than enough.

After a couple of months you can try a fat burner which will help you a little bit.

BTW 2 years back i couldnt take my shirt off anywhere but now i can do it anywhere in the world

P.S- Forgot to mention you need to cut down the rice, Just once a while if you love it so much!

Last edited by harry10 : 7th June 2011 at 16:49.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 17:26   #2955
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Harry. Appreciate the feedback and encouragement.

I reckon I need to do what you did as Iam currently at 104kgs and its not a good feeling, I tell you.....that was a remarkably come back from 114kgs to 85kgs which is a 29kg drop in 18 months = almost 2kg a month.

I will follow the routine that you prescribed. The trainer in gym was pretty tough in his routine and was keeping a constant eye to make sure i am really roughing it out.

Btw, I didnt know that running on the treadmill after doing abs exercise will make fat burn faster. Any logic behind it?

And, what's a fat burner?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks