Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 22:03   #2911
BHPian

Re: Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Thank you very much!

I am looking for more lean and fit look, so creatine is out of my plans.

Now I will search for proteins in Delhi - NCR area any pointers for them would be great.

For multi V and others, does one really need to take multiple tablets or the ones so advertised like cipla maxirich, revital, amway's 'Daily' are ok as well.
Either you go for the ones you have mentioned or else buy BCAA. You will get it at the supplement store. BCAA has all the essential vitamins and aminos, should cost you somewhere between Rs.12-1600 for 200 tabs. Just take 2 post workout after your protein shake.
msupercool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 09:12   #2912
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for asking again, but If I cannt change the time of gym, then what is best option to take before gym session. Many Thanks
Have one or two bananas or an apple with a scoop of protein shake, 15 minutes before hitting the gym have a cup of strong coffee this should be enough to get you charged up.
Red Circle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 10:06   #2913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupercool View Post
Either you go for the ones you have mentioned or else buy BCAA. You will get it at the supplement store. BCAA has all the essential vitamins and aminos, should cost you somewhere between Rs.12-1600 for 200 tabs. Just take 2 post workout after your protein shake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
Have one or two bananas or an apple with a scoop of protein shake, 15 minutes before hitting the gym have a cup of strong coffee this should be enough to get you charged up.
Thank you very much! I should be coming to you people again in some days with what progress I made and way forward
Old 12th May 2011, 10:19   #2914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Yes, I am aware of Muscle Maturity but it doesn't occur in 5 months, not with anything you could do naturally.

A doctor can write it on a prescription and sign it for you.

Dropping almost 20kilos of weight and attaining a stage-condition BF of 7% is not possible without losing muscle, on the contrary you have only gained tone and size, full muscle bellies and density, topped with some serious vascularity.

I have been lifting for almost as long as you, have trained with some known names on the Mumbai and Delhi bodybuilding circuit, and I think I know a bit of serration when I see it.

That said, great job once again, all the best, and stay healthy!
Let me do a quick calculation for ya

My before weight was 84 kgs and the reduction in my body fat % is 15% (i.e from 22% to 7%) so thats a loss of 12.6 kgs of actual fat so if u notice I have lost 4.1 kgs of muscle mass! The total duration was for 20 weeks, so if you take an average fat loss per weeks it comes to just about 0.63 kilos per week, for the last few days of my diet I was completely on NO carbs. When the body is completely carb/sodium depleted coupled with 2 hrs of cardio everyday with some weight training the body tends to loose a lot of water weight, so out of that 12.6kgs of fat loss im sure ther is some water weight lost aswell. These are just my thoughts :o) and Thank you for the comments on my conditioning, muscle bellies etc because my coach says otherwise! he think the condition what I have attained is nothing and its only me who is going to like it! Hahaha

Last edited by Red Circle : 12th May 2011 at 10:40.
Old 12th May 2011, 10:34   #2915
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much! I should be coming to you people again in some days with what progress I made and way forward
I would like to say do not stop yourself from trying creatine, Creatine is a safe supplement and it does not hurt your kidney unless you have pre existing kidney problem. The water weight from creatine is very minimal and you will hardly notice it, just make sure you drink enough water everyday. if you are interested in knowing more about creatine watch this video, very informatiove Creatine causes bloating?

Last edited by Red Circle : 12th May 2011 at 10:37.
Old 12th May 2011, 12:34   #2916
BHPian

Quote:
I would like to say do not stop yourself from trying creatine, Creatine is a safe supplement and it does not hurt your kidney unless you have pre existing kidney problem. The water weight from creatine is very minimal and you will hardly notice it, just make sure you drink enough water everyday. if you are interested in knowing more about creatine watch this video, very informatiove Creatine causes bloating?
Do check this : Problems Associated with Creatine
This will give you some more information about creatine
Old 12th May 2011, 13:42   #2917
BHPian

Quote:
Do check this : Problems Associated with Creatine
This will give you some more information about creatine
As they have mentioned ABUSING creatine will cause ill effects but not USING creatine, 5-10 grams daily with enough water consumption should not create any problem to a helathy individual and this has been proved in many researches. I do not believe in Creatine loading or taking it with sugar for better results! Creatine taken in a lukewarm water will dissolve very well and also will be digested easily which I have been following for sometime now.
Old 12th May 2011, 14:05   #2918
Senior - BHPian

Hey red circle, you still haven't shared the workout + philosophy (like progression etc).
Old 12th May 2011, 14:24   #2919
Senior - BHPian

Anyone bought here from bb.com?
I am skeptical about customs duty etc.
Old 12th May 2011, 14:44   #2920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Anyone bought here from bb.com?
I am skeptical about customs duty etc.
Yes I have few times without any problem but the order was less than $100, just last week ordered 2kg creatine waiting for the delivery. I would suggest keep the order small if you need to buy more do it in multiples should not be problem
Old 12th May 2011, 15:43   #2921
BHPian

My coach has advised for 'Dymatize Nutrition's ISO•100 100% Hydrolyze Whey Protein Isolate' for getting lean and early recovery of muscles, its zero carb as well. Has anyone used it, how it is. Or Should I get something else.
Old 12th May 2011, 17:04   #2922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Hey red circle, you still haven't shared the workout + philosophy (like progression etc).
Alright here it is,

The total duration was for 20 weeks.

My LBM was 143lbs (65kgs) so I was consuming about 1.5 grams of Protein per pound of LBM which is about 215 grams of protein (143*1.5=215) carbs was less than 50 grams and Fats was whatever coming from Chicken & Fish oil. Total Cals was 1200-1400 Max

Diet

Meal 1, 8.30 am - 8 Egg whites, 45 grams of Oats cooked in water, Multivitamin, Vitamin C 500mg, Vitamin E 600IU, Fish oil capsules.

Meal 2, 12pm - 250 grams Grilled Chicken with veggies, Cup of Tea

Meal 3, 3pm - 8 Egg whites, Cup of Tea

Meal 4, 6pm - 8 Egg whites, Cup of Coffee (Pre workout)

Meal 5, 10pm - BCAA, 250 grams Grilled Chicken with veggies, Vitamin C, Fish oil capsules

I followed this Monday through Thursday, Friday was carb loading and it was like "Eat as much as u can" Every 2hrs through out the day I used Eat either oats, rice, bread, rice cakes along with some protein shake/eggs/chicken and end of the day I used to eat a cheat meal i.e whatever I feel like, it could be Ice cream, some kind of junk or any thing cooked at home, The reason to eat so much food and also a little bit junk is to fill up the muscle glycogen and bring the metabolism back to normal.

Saturday and Sunday - Same as Monday through Thursday but the protein was reduced a little and carbs were increased but overall consumed maintainence cals.

Workout (Full body Part, Total of 6 sets with rep range 15-18

For the first 2.5 months I followed this routine:-

Monday -
1.Leg press superset with Front cable pully for Lats
2.Bench press superset with seated calf raises
3.Lying leg curls for hamstrings superset with side dumbell raises for delts
4.Triceps press down on machine superset with biceps curl on machine

5 minutes rest and repeat the entire workout again and I took 1 minute rest between each set.

Tuesday - Same as Monday
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - Same as Monday, except that the total nr of sets were 4 per body part unlike 6 as on Monday
Friday, Saturday & Sunday - Rest

For the first 2-2.5 months I did not do any cardio since I was dropping weight with the calorie deficit alone and intense workouts but after that fat loss came to a halt and my strength had gone down so changed the workout as mentioned below till the end.

Monday & Tuesday - Exercises remained the same as above mentioned but weights were increased, Sets were reduced to 3 per body part instead of 6 and reps were reduced to 6-8 followed by 30-45 cardio.

Wednesday - cardio 1Hr

Thursday - Exercises remained the same, 3 sets per body part but rep ranges were again increased to 15 (To deplete the last bit of muscle gylocegen)

Friday - Carb loading/ Rest

Saturday & Sunday - I started doing early morning empty stomach 1 hr Cardio and again in the Evening 1hr Cardio on treadmill.

Hope this helps
Old 12th May 2011, 20:30   #2923
BHPian

Quote:
As they have mentioned ABUSING creatine will cause ill effects but not USING creatine, 5-10 grams daily with enough water consumption should not create any problem to a helathy individual and this has been proved in many researches. I do not believe in Creatine loading or taking it with sugar for better results! Creatine taken in a lukewarm water will dissolve very well and also will be digested easily which I have been following for sometime now.
I had used creatine monohydrate long back, it did give me good results but i had put on weight even though it was muscle mass.But its more for people who focus on muscle building and one needs to follow the dosage and intructions strictly & carefully.
Have you tried NO explode or Shotgun, they also have creatine in it but not monohydrate, gives you a great pump & focus. Try it and see for yourself.
Old 12th May 2011, 23:16   #2924
BHPian

Quote:
I had used creatine monohydrate long back, it did give me good results but i had put on weight even though it was muscle mass.But its more for people who focus on muscle building and one needs to follow the dosage and intructions strictly & carefully.
Have you tried NO explode or Shotgun, they also have creatine in it but not monohydrate, gives you a great pump & focus. Try it and see for yourself.
If I am in the gym then I am there to build muscle, to get strong, if Creatine is going to help me do that then I would take it. Im not not saying everyone who workout SHOULD take Creatine, all I am saying is it is a great supplement which is SAFE, Cheap and is a great addition to your supplement list, Whether someone takes it or no its their wish and Yes I have used NO products and I have seen it for myself that it gives a great pump & focus, I believe that is what it is supposed to do!
Old 13th May 2011, 10:03   #2925
Team-BHP Support

I am a fitness guy, but not into body building at all. But I have noticed some people put on muscles very easily with little or no exercise, while some don't at all despite intense workout. I am obviously in the latter category.

Let me give an example. The following photograph is me at the age of 21, exactly half my current age. Clearly, I look quite nerdy with no muscle mass. But I was capable of doing 120 military pushups at one stretch and run 2kms under 10 minutes. It simply didn't show even if I took off the shirt.

Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements-scan0130.jpg

Meanwhile I had at least two friends who couldn't or wouldn't do 10 pushups to save their life, but with impressive physique, with or without shirt. Needless to mention, girls swooned at them at college. Obviously, I envied their physique and they envied my strength.

Fortunately, in the mid 90s I joined a gym and in two years I managed to get a respectable upper body. But no bulging muscle mass. As I moved into 30s and 40s, I got heavier and wider, although I still maintain a respectable fitness and physique for my age.

Only later I realised about the difference in body types. I think it is important for people to know what kind of body type they have before trying too hard to match the top bodybuilder's body at any cost.

Go ahead and take this test, this is for people who are new into fitness or bodybuilding: Olympic Body Shapes- What Body Type are You? Take the Body Type Test.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks