Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2009, 23:28   #1786
BHPian

Test, are you buying these online or what?
Old 28th July 2009, 00:02   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
I completely agree with you on this, Any experienced bodybuilder would not deny the fact that it is possible to build a good physique without the help of supplements but whats the harm in taking some of the basic yet important supps like Protein powder, multi vitamin, Creatine, glutamine? can you name one Mr.xxx who claims that he has never consumed any supplement? Probably you will find none. ....
Serge Nubret.

Quote:
....and also what are vegetarian bodybuilders supposed to eat all day long if they dont take supps?
Paneer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Proteins (Absolute Best Ones) - Beverly's Ultimate Muscle Protein, CNP Pro Peptide
Proteins (Good Ones) - Pro M3, SAN Infusion, VPX Zero Impact
Protein (Economy) - Gaspari Myofusion, Dymatize Elite Complex
Multi-Vitamins - NOW ADAM, MHP Activite
Anti-Oxidants - NOW Super Anti-Oxidants
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Test... thanks a lot!

now need to figure out where to find them
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Honestly haven't heard a few names among these but will check out.
Anyone knows where to find these products in NCR region?
Anything aside from the FIRST FOUR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Test, are you buying these online or what?
1-T SIR. I have mentioned this to you in earlier PMs. The biggest, most bruhaha biggie IMPORTER unclejis go when I mention "Beverly... umm... no?" I've had these names along with Advanced Sports Nutrition et al jot down in my phone for a looong time now. I'm begging you. Either back up your claim "better/ better-tasting proteins are AVAILABLE" or don't tangle the carrots. Remember "Yates Approved" that YOU approved. I've stood in dozens of supp-marts with the look of a protein-geek when I mentioned "Yates...ummm... no?"

You're in the industry. Undoubtedly you know someone who knows someone imports them?

@MODS: I'm asking the man a favour. Any recommendation from him is highly regarded, much as the word of a D-bhpian on automobiles. There is nary commercial interest involved on either side.
Old 28th July 2009, 00:17   #1788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
Paneer? stupid
Definitely helps, but nowhere near the convenience of a supplement. Per gram of protein, a supplement would easily be cheaper than paneer. The fat in the paneer has to be accounted for also.
Old 28th July 2009, 00:18   #1789
BHPian

I'm buying these proteins from Bodybuilding.com

godog, you should buy these from BB.com too. Hopefully things get going in near future, I will contact you.

Commercial Viability of importing these proteins into India just doesn't exist. I mean if Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey is to Proteins what Hyundai is to Cars - CNP/Beverly's are pretty much first among equals or call them Bentleys/Maybachs of Proteins.

Last edited by 1-Testosterone : 28th July 2009 at 00:26. Reason: Addition
Old 28th July 2009, 13:06   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
I'm buying these proteins from Bodybuilding.com

godog, you should buy these from BB.com too. Hopefully things get going in near future, I will contact you.

Commercial Viability of importing these proteins into India just doesn't exist. I mean if Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey is to Proteins what Hyundai is to Cars - CNP/Beverly's are pretty much first among equals or call them Bentleys/Maybachs of Proteins.
Thankyou. I'll be waiting.

But shajufx would advise otherwise, having burnt his hands with his BB.com order.
Do you face problems with the customs deptt too?

Last edited by godog : 28th July 2009 at 13:09.
Old 28th July 2009, 14:18   #1791
BHPian

@ Cliff - Quoting Clenbuterol as a supplement is EXTREMELY amateurish for a natural bodybuilder, esp. one who has been there seen that.

Clenbuterol is a DRUG! It is NOT available at supplement stores or health food stores. It is available in a pharmacy. Clenbuterol is a drug prescribed to sufferers of breathing disorders as a decongestant and bronchodilator. People with chronic breathing disorders like asthma use this as a bronchodilator to make breathing easier. Fat burning is a SIDE EFFECT of Clenbuterol!

Simply because bodybuilders use it, it doesn't become a supplement! Bodybuilders use many prescription drugs, including dopamine (for Parkinsons) etc.
Old 28th July 2009, 15:01   #1792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
Thankyou. I'll be waiting.

But shajufx would advise otherwise, having burnt his hands with his BB.com order.
Do you face problems with the customs deptt too?
+1.
I was thinking of buying from BB.com but then i read Shajus experience.
So kindly share yours or give us tips how to do it
Old 28th July 2009, 15:13   #1793
Senior - BHPian

ahh now this leaves me ina fix was about to pick these "Protein, Multi-Vitamins, Anti-Oxidants" from BB.com..

Any Indian site from where i can pick the above?
Old 28th July 2009, 15:40   #1794
BHPian

Shoulder injury

Advice needed !!

Started weight training when I was 18 continued till 24.
Gap of 6 yrs trained off and on.

Started seriously last year again (33yrs now) saw fabulous gains.

Last week I was peaking at my best ever (More than when I was 18).

However I seem to have caused some damage on my right shoulder.
Its somewhere where the rear deltoids meet the bone.

The pain is felt during Barbell presses (Chest inclined and shoulder behind the head), and now for the first time dumbell side lateral rises hurt too. Its a pricking pain, not evident all the time.

I've been on ice every 4-6 hours for the last 24 hours.
Should I be working light weights to recovery before I push again or should I give the gym a complete break till the pain goes away !!

This is so so frustrating !! Any suggestions from people who have been there done that !!

Last edited by Torque-ative : 28th July 2009 at 15:47.
Old 28th July 2009, 17:19   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Advice needed !!

The pain is felt during Barbell presses (Chest inclined and shoulder behind the head), and now for the first time dumbell side lateral rises hurt too. Its a pricking pain, not evident all the time.

Should I be working light weights to recovery before I push again or should I give the gym a complete break till the pain goes away !!

This is so so frustrating !! Any suggestions from people who have been there done that !!
First thing i would suggest is take a week off from the workouts so that there is no stress at all on your joints and make sure you recover, Next thing avoid exercises like barbell behind the neck press for shoulders & behind the neck cable lat pulls for Back since these exercises put lot of stress on your shoulders and always use a smith machine for shoulders military press instead of free weights since the movements will be much strict. I had a shoulder injury long long time back but it still hurt sometimes when i try to stretch my hands behind my back. Shoulders are very delicate and are more prone to injuries, hence dont go on heavy weights unless you have good form.
Old 28th July 2009, 17:45   #1796
BHPian

Quote:
Advice needed !!

Get it examined from an Ortho Surgeon. He's the best guy to advice after examining comprehensively. If it's rotator cuff, then probably you would have to get it operated in order to bang the weights again in the gym.
Old 28th July 2009, 17:56   #1797
BHPian

@Harry and Pranav - I am not taking any supplements as we speak, but I was taking some kind of whey protein a few months ago. I am also losing weight along with trying to put on muscle hence I wanted to know more about isopure. But I will go and have a look at the supplements you guys suggested. Are they good for people that are losing weight?
Old 28th July 2009, 18:04   #1798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
@Harry and Pranav - I am not taking any supplements as we speak, but I was taking some kind of whey protein a few months ago. I am also losing weight along with trying to put on muscle hence I wanted to know more about isopure. But I will go and have a look at the supplements you guys suggested. Are they good for people that are losing weight?
If you are losing weight the better protein will be ISO sensation 93 as it contains more protein and no fats etc.
Or you can also try syntrax nectar but i doubt if its easily available here.
Whey islolates are better in the scenario of weight loss i believe.

I think Isopure is more of a weight gainer.
Old 28th July 2009, 18:10   #1799
BHPian

Quote:

Few principles i learnt over the last 12 years or so
1) There is no such thing as working through an injury - given the location of the injury, the only thing you could do is calves! Might as well rest.
2) If it is not DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness) it is most likely an injury. Follow the RICE treatment.
3) Just working out is not the important part. You need plenty of rest and a really nutritious diet. All those bodybuilders don't goto office, they just eat, workout and rest rest rest. Given our work related lifestyle (in front of computer), we have other stresses and need to give special attention to rest.
4) Stretch before workout and stretch post workout. If you workout for 1hr spend 5 minutes on stretching before and 5 minutes after. And running on treadmill is warmup, you need to still stretch.
5) There is no such thing as spot reduction. I see people doing hundreds of crunches and then they say they injured their lower back but stomach is not reducing!!
point 5 is not specifically for you

I know it feels great to be back (i have come back many times :-P ) but take it easy and light and you will exceed the form you are in for sure. Good luck
Old 28th July 2009, 18:14   #1800
Senior - BHPian

Complete break! Don't even move the arm if you don't have to. A couple of weeks should be enough to heal it anyways.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks